• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curious Question

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years

• What is your view of a Pokémon region that has no gaps. Where every map joins together in some shape, way or form?​

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    It would take ages.
    But yet the outcome would be amazing i'm sure :D
    Also it would be rather annoying, what i'm saying is, once you've done one region then another region will have lower level pokemon by a lot... However, if the pokemons levels are changed then, i don't see why i won't be a great game =3

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years
  • I don't mean several regions joined together, I mean like, just one region. But all the individual routes and towns join together. For example, in the official games, between certain areas there are just voids of blackness. How would you feel of a region filling up these gaps?​

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I most often pictures the "PokéWorld" as Japan, as most regions are based on regions of japan.

So if you'd only use Nintendos "real" regions I guess I'd picture it like this: (attachment)

So I guess boat, trains etc. would be in order in my "world"

Last edited:

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • once you've done one region then another region will have lower level pokemon by a lot... However, if the pokemons levels are changed

I agree, it is time to break that lv99 limit :P...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024

What is your view of a Pokémon region that has no gaps. Where every map joins together in some shape, way or form?​
    It's nice if you can feasibly fill those voids with something that looks natural and that you can get to. Of course, one big open plain is a bad idea.

But really, don't try too hard to achieve this. It's fine if there are still voids, as long as the rest of the world is what you want.

(For those that may still be confused about what the question is, here's a region that has gaps.)

Back