• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeeka Chooo

~ Little Monster ~
Years
  • Omg I personally dislike the Water-type starter . It looks hideous ! It's cute in the sense that it's small, round, and fluffy-ish, but its face is just ... ! But I must say, the Grass-type starter has finally caught my attention . I havent picked the starter in a Pokemon game since Bulbasuar . I'm glad they made the Grass-type starter a lil' more appealing this time . In the past games, I usually picked the Fire (Charmander, Torchic, Chimchar <3) or the Water (MUDKIP<3<3 ; Piplup) types . Now I think I'm actually gonna go with the Grass .

& I agree with you guys, the visuals have been greatly enhanced ! I love how Gamefreak added civilization into their Pokemon world . I never really understood why there weren't cars & industrialized features in the games .

Good job GameFreak, can't wait for 2011 ! ;D

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Fire-pig might look very strange or very cool as a final evolution.
    Grass-snake: well, I have a tiny ifra on how the final evo will be.
    Sea-Otter: Uh, well, it looks very... Bad :P

I will choose Fire :D or maybe Grass. No way I'm going to choose Water at least.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • I have to say, the fire type is really growing on me. <3

And the players, good job GF. We no longer have a toothpick of a male like Lucas. The female looks really good as well. Well played.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • (Poke)Pig...
    Pig...
    Immature Ball...
    Ivy Snake...

The meaning of the starters names...

I KNEW IT WAS A PIG for the FIRE starter

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Yeah i love its snowball look :) and even thought its a sea otter now, i wouldnt even be surprised if it evolves into some kind of polar bear, its not like we havent seen weirder stuff

This one is my favorite too! It's too cute. I'm expecting a bear for the final evo.
    It's wierd, I usually like the grass types most. But these past two gens I've been liking the waters. I've never particularly liked the fires, with the exception of torchic. (But all the starters were awesome in Hoenn) I really dislike Mr. fire pig.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm am soooo chosing either the grass or fire starter! The water one is just... creepy looking... I like the new character people, but to me they look like they don't belong in a Pokémon game...

Years
  • Alright, lets see here...

I love the new character designs, both looking great. Making them look more like teenagers is a great idea.

I love the look of the grass starter, he looks pretty sweet. The fire type also looks pretty good, better than Chimchar thats for sure.

Now, the water starter. I really am disappointed with this one, it looks poorly done to be honest. It reminds me too much of Piplup, in fact it looks like a Piplup but like an ice type version... I hope his evolutions look better.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how things are looking right now, can't wait to learn more.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Alright, lets see here...

I love the new character designs, both looking great. Making them look more like teenagers is a great idea.

I love the look of the grass starter, he looks pretty sweet. The fire type also looks pretty good, better than Chimchar thats for sure.

Now, the water starter. I really am disappointed with this one, it looks poorly done to be honest. It reminds me too much of Piplup, in fact it looks like a Piplup but like an ice type version... I hope his evolutions look better.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how things are looking right now, can't wait to learn more.

Hmm, you're right, Mr. Otter does look a lot like piplup. In fact, when I saw Piplup for the first time I thought it was going to evolve to be water/ice. But the only thing I dislike about it is the color of it's nose. It would work better if it were black. Also, the dark blue needs to be light blue. Regardless of thath though, it's still my favorite.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    The girl's shorts are way too high IMO. I know they're teens, but I don't even agree with how alot of teens dress today. besides that, these are the best designs I've seen since GSC IMO. The starters, however, are the worst I've ever seen. Disgusting. The only one I'm even remotely attracted to is the grass one. But I usually pick grass anyway.

Peeeka Chooo

~ Little Monster ~
    Years
  • The girl's shorts are way too high IMO. I know they're teens, but I don't even agree with how alot of teens dress today. besides that, these are the best designs I've seen since GSC IMO. The starters, however, are the worst I've ever seen. Disgusting. The only one I'm even remotely attracted to is the grass one. But I usually pick grass anyway.

I agree about the starters ;x The past generations way wereee cuter ;p

Ayselipera

I love the female character. I think she may be the best female player we have had so far. The starters aren't anything special, but I wasn't expecting them to be so it's not like I just got slapped in the face with news I didn't already suspect. I think it's way to early to say THIS IS THE POKEMON I'M GOING WITH FORGET THE REST!!! We haven't even seen what they lead up to. I mean yes, at this point the grass starter looks the most promising, but until I see what they all evolve into I'm not making any definite statements.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The starters look like trash with the only one of them that looks decent being Mijumaru. The Grass-type starter is the worst one of the bunch with its mega ugly body design. The Fire-type starter is below-decent but I'm not totally revolted by it.

Regarding the desings of the characters: I like them oddly enough. I've never had any problems with character designs even though Sugimori makes them look really bad (Kinda like Lyra).

Years
  • I'm liking the character designs. Short shorts, what's the problem? That's kind of normal in Japan. But forget about the shorts, look at those shoes!

could anyone translate the text?
    Heres the full 2 pages, https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Corocoro7.jpg
    I really want to know what its saying about the regions on the left page
    The link was broken, but if it's the same image on pokebeach then it's saying that the region is faraway from Kanto and Johto, enough that you'd need a plane or boat to get there and that it might be in a foreign country.

Maybe it'll be based on Taiwan or Korea.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • The link was broken, but if it's the same image on pokebeach then it's saying that the region is faraway from Kanto and Johto, enough that you'd need a plane or boat to get there and that it might be in a foreign country.

Maybe it'll be based on Taiwan or Korea.

Many people think it's based on America. So far we've seen forest, train, industrious, and city climates. Sounds pretty much like America. I hope so, maybe we can get more diversity in race if the game is based on North America.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Im loving the new character designs. Finally mature. The pokemon are bleh, but I expected that.

Heres to whatever is next!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • The new trainer designs are simply awesome. Finally they're acknowledging their older fanbase. I'm pretty much freaking out right now. :3

I'll get used to the new starters eventually. IMO, the color diversity is a bit lacking, since both the grass and water starters have white as their secondary color. Oh well. Right now I'm leaning towards the grass type as my favorite out of the bunch, but I'll wait until I see their final evolutions, even though we probably won't find those until the games are released in Japan.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • The new trainers are awesome. I didn't expect to like the girl very much based on the poor-res shots of her overworld sprite, but now I take that all back. The guy looks great, too. Cool and confident...And is that a modified Pokétch I see on their wrists? o.o

Whenever new starters get introduced, I have to battle the urge to compare them to previous gens. Overall, not much bothers me about them, but I can't really see myself loving any particular one just yet...But it took one look at Infernape to make me love Chimchar, so who knows~ Hoping the Grass-type's final form doesn't disappoint, and the Fire-type's ends up surprising me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back