• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current Tms you think should be Hms

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Are there any TMs you think should be added to the HM list? Do you think any particular HM (one or two should be off the HM list?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Cut should be get uh... CUT!
    Let's see How about Flamethrower as an HM to melt the metal fences? xD

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Earthquake would be insane. Could you imagine creating a rift in the area so you could end up underground. Or you could stop the evil team in their tracks by creating a quake so they can't escape!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Well I really don't like the HM Cut! I think it should be off the HM list and to cut those annoying trees
    we should get something, like a machete!

Years
  • I'm with those who said Cut. It was always a HM I hated being forced to use with its weak power, and Rock Smash as well due to also being weak. 5th Gen took the right direction with having it as a reusable TM.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I think why not get rid of HM's all together? I mean you can still use TM's outside of battle ex; flash, dig you know, you could get a key item with the TM to use like the eon flute. You could then keep the Pokemon in the PC an eliminate calling your mon a slave and having lower end moves within your party. I like the flamethrower idea, maybe if used on those trees they won't grow back right away.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • If the games could support it, I would love to have a huge list of moves you could use outside of battle at any time, possibly for different effects. Cut a tree down with Cut or burn it out of the way with Flamethrower, things like that.
    On a related note, I would love to have the Moves system overhauled so that Pokemon would be able to use certain moves inherently. At the very least, replace Struggle with Tackle; I know it's a game, but it messes with my sense of logic that my Water Pokemon has to be taught Surf, or a bird Fly, etc.

As for actual HMs or other current out-of-battle moves, I'm hoping that Gamefreak eventually decides to replace it with some kind of tool system. The Player (not the Pokemon) uses a Lantern in place of Flash (and possibly Defog, if that ever comes back?), an Axe instead of Cut, a...Hammer instead of Rock Smash. Some moves can't be replaced with a tool that easily (Jetpack for Fly? lol), but having to have an HM slave -which takes a slot from your party- or weak moves -which takes a slot from your moveset or can mess with your battleplan- or traveling back and forth to a PC is just...a nuisance.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I wish we could have stuff like Ranger, where certain Pokemon already have the ability to do field moves. It would be cool if we could be able to use more than one per Pokemon, instead of like in Ranger where each Pokemon has only one trait.

Maybe the weather moves should be HMs and like in Zelda we could use them to solve puzzles with weather... hmm. ORAS-related, probably Secret Power. I also kinda want Rock Climb back.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Not too many I don't think, that is - I don't want any more moves (usable in the field or not) to require a trip to the move deleter to be forgotten. That being said though, I think almost all moves that are TM's could be used in the field like an HM, and I'm glad that as of the recent gens all TM's are reusable like HMs in earlier gens - so I'd actually rather all moves just be TM's so we didn't have to make trips to the move deleter when we wanted to changes movesets up :P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Protect could be really interesting. It could be used as some kind of a protective shield that surrounds you and gives you the option to survive in different hostile areas. Something like Volcanoes, underwater areas, space, giant sandstorms, etc.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Personally I think there should be fewer HM's, not more. I'd honestly like to see them gotten rid of all together.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What about Dig? I'd imagine it to allow us to make some exploration underground (similarly to Explorer Kit--I believe this is what it was called--in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum), which I feel should be fun; I believe many of us would enjoy it.

Years
  • Rock Slide.

Be awesome if we could slide down hills and over pits like Homer-Bart & Springfield Gorge like that one Simpsons episode. Was I in the minority in enjoying Rock Climb?

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • HMs should work in such a way that any Pokemon that can learn the move should be able to use it in the field, regardless of if it can use it in battle. That way it wouldn't matter if HMs are shitty moves.

Teleport should be the new Fly and Fly should become soaring

Bounce could be used to jump over small holes (or maybe even ledges! :O )

Magnet Rise to levitate over gaps

Ice Beam (or some other ice move) to freeze still water and be able to walk over it.

Water gun to put out fires blocking the way

Shadow Sneak to become invisible and sneak past trainers (or maybe to be able to go through some walls instead)

Growth to make some plants grow to reach higher platforms (could also be used to insta-grow berries)

Whirlwind to blow wind on piles of leaves and stuff like that to reveal items

Weather moves should be able to summon rain/hail/sun/sandstorm in the field

Moonlight and Morning Sun to change the time of the day

Odor Sleuth: itemfinder alternative

Extremespeed: Makes the player move faster (by riding on the Pokemon?)

That's all I got for now.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • No there are already fewer Hms but most of them are really annoying, i just want no Hms ;-;

Back