• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursive

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I guess I can write and read cursive, but it's probably not the proper type of cursive and doesn't look neat and all. It depends, though. Some days it's as neat as if it's typed out in Microsoft Word, whereas some days it's messier than doctor's handwriting (no offence meant) lol. Schools where I live don't really teach us kids how to write in cursive as far as I remember; we had to learn it using books like how I did. At least it's better than not having learnt at all~

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I hate cursive, I've always hated cursive, I hate reading cursive, and I can't write in cursive.

The problem that I have with cursive (and this might not have been the same for everyone else; I've never actually compared experiences before) is that I was forced to learn it and use it for three and a half years before going to middle school and having all of my teachers tell me "Don't write in cursive. Print it so I can read it clearly."

The inconsistencies of the school system got on my nerves a LOT but this was definitely one of the bigger cases. I was in second grade when I learned cursive and the teacher made it out to be this huge step towards adulthood. Cursive was like the language for adults. My mom wrote in cursive, so I couldn't really argue that point because my mom was an adult so it must have been true. Cursive was also the magic path to having a grown-up signature. To this day I still fear signing important things because I don't know cursive and I don't have the chops to just scribble (which, as it turns out, is what a lot of people do).

I dunno, I just really did not like the devolution of handwriting throughout my schooling life. I went from learning print to learning cursive to not being able to use cursive at the cost of my grade to flat-out being told to not hand-write anything entirely.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
In primary school, we pretty much had cursive writing forcefed to us for the first couple of years. I didn't mind it too much, and I sorta picked up on the cursive writing soon enough once I got the hang of it, but it seemed unnecessary and the exercises we got were incredibly boring, based on rote learning and writing the letter over and over and over and over until you got it right.

I pretty much tossed cursive writing overboard once I got to the point where it wasn't yapped on about every day and we could just write whatever the hell way we want. Since then, I pretty much lost the ability to write cursive writing (pretty at least). I don't really use cursive writing in signatures either, since mine's more or less a personalised way that I write my initials with a few fancy frills on it to make it my own.

I can read it just fine too, I just don't feel the necessity to write it in any way. My own print font is just fine by me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
We had to learn cursive in Year 4 to get our pen licenses (so we could use pen instead of pencil in our school books) so I've been using it ever since. I love cursive writing, it's kind of like a sign that the old world isn't quite dead yet.

Back