• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Custom Pokeball?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I'm not sure if this goes in the GB games (it applies for both) or if somebody made this yet. Just a note.

When you begin your journey, you first have to deliver Oak's Parcel (Fr/Lg). When he gets it, he says that you got his CUSTOM POKEBALL he ordered. What is that, some super Masterball Prof. Oak just happened to buy off of Ebay? Or is it a random Pokeball with "Prof. Oak Rules" written on the front? What do you think?

Years
I thought it was a pack of regular Pokeballs, and he ends up giving them to you. That's just how I interpreted it though.

Aladdin

I think it's just what it says, a custom ball he has ordered. Maybe something like the special balls you can find and buy starting with the Hoenn games.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Maybe it's a... Custom Pokeball.
With funky colours. And stuff.

I don't think it would have anything different about the way it captures Pokemon.

G/S/C Kurt foreshadowing? =O

xX

Myles

Seriously?
Years
I'd say it was just another colour or something. We've seen a lot of different coloured Poke Balls throughout the ages. Most in the anime, but still.

since I can't remember if he said it in R/B/Y

It does in RB, I don't know about Yellow.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Well actually in the anime the pokeballs are red in the game when you buy one in the mart in Gen III an Item image will appeare at the bottom and it's orange like not red(then again when you throw a pokeball it'll be red) maybe custom pokeballs means something like a special pokeball that came from some other region

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I must admit, when I had Blue and played it for the first time, I thought Oak said I got him a costume Pokeball. After that day I lost all respect for him.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
Years
Perhaps its a anime reference? I seem to remember Ash being given A pikachu in a custom pokeball... but then I might not be, since I can't remember if he said it in R/B/Y, if he did it probably isn't since the game came before the anime, unless it was being planned while the pokemon games was being made

Hmm. Yeah i remember. That one with a lightning fork on it.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
I used to think it was a special pokeball made by whoever makes them so Oak could keep his favorite pokemon in it or something. It could've been engraved like the lighting one that held Pikachu.

Back