• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] Customising e-Reader Cards

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    So I have read through and couldn't see anything about what I'm about to ask (or I could be blind and missed it)

I have a Japanese e-reader+ but have English Games, I was wondering if its possible to get the Japanese dotcodes to be read in the Japanese e-reader, to then work on an English game cart. Any ideas if this is possible?

osp

Days
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Good to hear you got it working!

I was gonna have a go at changing the text too, and see how far I can go with modifying it to have different images and sending different items.
    Hi Paccy,

I understand that you updated Ruby and Sapphire Disassembly to include the translated Regidoll. When I go to "Make" it the stripe 1 raw file is successfully generated but I get an "Error 5" on the second stripe. All the other e-reader card assemblies like the Eon ticket and battle Es work, except for the second Regi stripe, I went further and learned how to disassemble and change the regions from some Japan Regidoll raw files to triple check that WSL is working correctly, and all seems to work fine.

I'm really stuck now, does any have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

Capture.PNG

EDIT: Got it working. Turns out my frustration and subsequent turning off the computer did something (I'm running Win10pro with WSL + python 2.7.18). I retried the make assembly after the restart and it compiled correctly. Thank you Paccy for providing this awesome method of time travel :D

Last edited:

osp

Days
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    After successfully generated both Regi strips, I tested the e-reader cards in both MGBA and physically. Regirock works fine, The Regice says that it transfers but doesn't show up in the decoration items and Registeel doll gives a loading error on the receiving GBA. I've done multiple compiles and getting the same result. Has anyone else checked this or had this issue?

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Hi! There is any way to get work US e-Reader like JAP e-Reader+?

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-16 105947.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-16 110149.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-16 110616.png

Thanks!!

Last edited:

JoelMatthews

Trans Dude with a Chill 'Tude
    Years
  • Hi Paccy,

I understand that you updated Ruby and Sapphire Disassembly to include the translated Regidoll. When I go to "Make" it the stripe 1 raw file is successfully generated but I get an "Error 5" on the second stripe. All the other e-reader card assemblies like the Eon ticket and battle Es work, except for the second Regi stripe, I went further and learned how to disassemble and change the regions from some Japan Regidoll raw files to triple check that WSL is working correctly, and all seems to work fine.

I'm really stuck now, does any have an idea what I could be doing wrong?

View attachment 155663

EDIT: Got it working. Turns out my frustration and subsequent turning off the computer did something (I'm running Win10pro with WSL + python 2.7.18). I retried the make assembly after the restart and it compiled correctly. Thank you Paccy for providing this awesome method of time travel :D

I would like to mention I'm also having this same exact error now, but after a restart or two I still haven't gotten mine working... if anyone has any insight as to what exactly "Error 5" means it would be greatly appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    I'm having trouble making giftpokemon in pokemon emerald.

I did the entire tutorial, added all the tools, I can do the make code, but the game says the following error: "This data can't be used in this version".

Captura de tela 2024-03-17 144508.png

I used the rom MYSTERY_EVENT_DISTRO located by the channel "im a blisy ._." to unlock the MYSTERY EVENT in Pokémon Emerald. With the E-readers he made available, I was able to access some events he organized himself.

However, with the E-readers that I created using this tutorial, it gives this error "This data cannot be used in this version".

can anybody help me? I'm a bit new to programming, but I would really like to be able to hold my events on E-readers.
    My intention is to do the events without having to change the original rom, so I used the rom MYSTERY_EVENT_DISTRO that the channel "im a blisy ._." did to unlock Mystery Event without having to change the original rom. That's what i understood.

Here's the link to his video too:

If anyone knows how to add the Pokémon gift in this way, I would be grateful, or if you have another suggestion on how to do it, I would be immensely grateful.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my language.

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'm having trouble making giftpokemon in pokemon emerald.

I did the entire tutorial, added all the tools, I can do the make code, but the game says the following error: "This data can't be used in this version".

View attachment 156387

I used the rom MYSTERY_EVENT_DISTRO located by the channel "im a blisy ._." to unlock the MYSTERY EVENT in Pokémon Emerald. With the E-readers he made available, I was able to access some events he organized himself.

However, with the E-readers that I created using this tutorial, it gives this error "This data cannot be used in this version".

can anybody help me? I'm a bit new to programming, but I would really like to be able to hold my events on E-readers.
    My intention is to do the events without having to change the original rom, so I used the rom MYSTERY_EVENT_DISTRO that the channel "im a blisy ._." did to unlock Mystery Event without having to change the original rom. That's what i understood.

Here's the link to his video too:

If anyone knows how to add the Pokémon gift in this way, I would be grateful, or if you have another suggestion on how to do it, I would be immensely grateful.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my language.

I had the same issue with giftpokemon but is actually really easy to fix:
    1st:press shift + left click to open cmd inside the folder.
    2nd: decompile the raw file with nedcenc into a bin file
    3rd: open the .bin file with a hex editor and delete everything from the beginning to the part that says vpk0 and save it as another .binCaptura2.PNG
    4th: decode that new .bin with nevpk and save it as a .z80
    5th: open that .z80 with the hex editor and set the languaje of the card and game version to FF and save the .z80 (the ones in red are the ones that need to be edited) (i got that info from im a blisy's video so thanks to him)
    Captura3.PNG Captura.PNG
    5th: convert the edited .z80 with nedcmake and set the type to z80 and region to usa and save it as a raw.

now it works!!!
    Captura4.PNG
    that take a lot of reading, trial and error to get to work

Back