• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Cuz you're hot and you're cold, you're yes and you're no...

Pick one, fools.

• Cold!

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Hot!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other! (Do explain!)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • It doesn't matter, as long as I have cake my life is complete.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • The cold is waayyy better to me. >: Not only is it easier to warm up than cool down, but it also requires less money. n__n; Cold? Put on a sweater! Hot? Spend a ton of money on the AC haha.

But yeah, I'll take the cold any day. I adore thick blankets, too, so it gives me an excuse to use 'em!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Totally the cold...but not freezing cold, really. :( I like to be cuddled up inside a blanket. The heat is unbearable to me and I just cannot stand it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd actually prefer moderate-warm above all else, but I'd definitely prefer the hot end of the spectrum. Over 20 years of putting up with harsh New York winters is the primary reason for this. I now hate winter with a passion.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'm surprised that the majority of you prefer the cold...
    I love the heat. Well, of course, I can't bear when it's to hot and so on, but a hot weather is better than a cold one, there are more things to do. Cold weather is depressing, you don't have the courage to go out, and don't wanna do anything...

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i love the heat and i also don't like wearing layers of cloth
    In cold weather we are ll siting in the house and chi-chating and i hate sitting xD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I prefer the cold as it's easier to get warm than it is to get colder. Heat is nice, but when it's really hot I just can't stand it. ;;

Years
  • I'd go for being too hot. I've always hated the cold and I've got pretty sucky circulation so once I'm cold I stay cold until I'm in a heated room and I can get everywhere else warm first. The worse thing that happened to me when I was hot was I got a migraine, worse thing that happened to me when I was cold was I almost lost a finger.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I prefer the cold so much over the heat. Heat is terrible, it's inescapable. Guys tend to run hotter than girls so I find heat unbearable while cold is always refreshing. My mother is always telling me that I need to put more clothes on because "if I'm cold, everybody's cold" but she can go to Hell.

'Cuz you're hot and you're cold, you're yes and you're no...

Anyways, I've actually 'warmed up' to heat a lot more (OHOHOHO PUN SO FUNNEH) after dealing with a heat wave of temperatures in the hundreds. Still prefer the cold greatly, though. But I would probably be more apt to enjoy hot days if there weren't so many goddamn bugs whirring around in the air :/ Seriously, that's my biggest concern in summer... insects.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I'm hot-blooded, so I tend to get hot really easily and it's never fun ><; Also, I feel as if you don't get as much a nice feeling when you warm up after being cold than when you cool down after being hot. So, I definitely prefer the cold over the heat~

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I like heat, but not if it's TOO hot; I think 70-75 degrees F is fantastic weather! Once we start getting into the 80's, 90's, and 100's, I'm not as big of a fan -_-

I prefer the cold though, especially late autumn and early winter <3 That's my favorite! I love layering my clothes, ordering warm drinks, the color of the leaves, the holidays, etc. However, if it starts getting into the single digits or negatives, count me out v_v

I like both so long as it's mild and not too overbearing on either side.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Heat actually makes me nauseous and sick, so I prefer the cold. Plus, I find it's easier to combat the cold (like, with extra layers) than the heat. My bedroom gets ridiculously hot during the summer and horribly cold during the winter and I must say I'd take the coldness over the heat any day.

Years
  • The cold really takes a toll on me so that means I prefer the heat better.

I mean, I live in Australia which is often very warm and sunny which means it's the kind of climate I'm used to. Also, I love cooling down with a little splash of water.

Yeah, I'm a hot girl you can say.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am longing for my tan, can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can be brown and wear white again.

Why would you get a tan? Your greatest advantage is being white and you would cover it up?

Says it all really.

As for me I might have a preference to colder weather because I can wear my full attire without boiling up. Hotter weather is definitely preferred when I want to go cycling or play sport or whatever.

The cold is waayyy better to me. >: Not only is it easier to warm up than cool down, but it also requires less money. n__n; Cold? Put on a sweater! Hot? Spend a ton of money on the AC haha.

But yeah, I'll take the cold any day. I adore thick blankets, too, so it gives me an excuse to use 'em!

Or you could, you know, strip down. Mmm yeah . . .

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I love the cold and the snow too!!

I can't tolerate heat too much (unless its the shower!!), it makes me sweat, smell, makes it a breeding ground for insects, especially mosquitoes (I'm terribly afraid of mosquitoes - because of the disease they could carry), hear that they are more active at summer. When the temperature gets above 88 F not even sitting in front of the fan at full capacity helps. I remember suffering when Seattle got to 103 F (July 29, 2009). Only + side of summer heat - Ice Cream! Baskin Robbins!! Slurpees or Icees!

With the cold weather, I'm much more comfertable. More blankets, or let my cats warm me up. Hot Chocolate, Lemon Tea!, Egg Nog or Apple Cider (non alcoholic kind). I can wear my beanie (which has my favorite metal band logo on it), some of my long sleeve shirts or jerseys, and gloves. Its fun to play in the snow! Have snow ball fights, walk around the neighborhoods and see all white beauty of nature (covered trees, lawns, and rooftops). My only negative comment on cold - getting out of the shower, it will be cold for a few minutes - and also, I won't be able to drive.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I prefer hot weather, honestly. It allows you to do so much more with your day. It is, however, a great deal more uncomfortable. I hate the feeling of sweat pouring down my back as it does everyday that I walk home. To the point where I have to take my shirt off and even end up sweating through my backpack, too, actually. You can only remove so many articles of clothing before you aren't allowed to walk around in the public anymore :b and even then, you could strip naked and jump in a tub of ice water with a fan blowing at your back, but if you're still hot, there isn't much else you can do(and since you have to be in the water...) In the cold you can add extra layers, put on more socks, more blankets etc. Start a fire, turn on the heater or something. You don't have to be so tied to home to retain your comfort level in the cold. Like I said, though, the hot weather is much more suitable for... well... life. The heat, the sun, it all brings energy to us(well me, at least ^_^); it's just so invigorating! The cold(again, to me) has a sapping effect from me and makes me not want to do anything. Breathing is harder in the cold and since I already have breath issues I'm out of by just walking up a hill, which is not good :s So it is easy to say that hot weather is my preferred weather, even if cold weather is more manageable.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm surprised that so many people here are like me in that they prefer the cold! I get such weird looks from my friends when I say I'd rather go on holiday in Switzerland or Sweden rather than Egypt or Greece, but it's true! It's probably because I'm more used to the cold, but even British summers make me all irritable - and if anyone has experienced a British summer as opposed to a more continental European/American one, you'll know how pathetic that is.

Back