• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cyberglass's Fakemon Sprites

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Cyberglass used revive! Thread regained health!

...Been a while since my last post; here's what I've been able to complete since then:

Galvicornsprite.png
    Oddillo.png
    Flobaitsprite.png
    Sthornsprite.png
    Kaketaijisprite.png

I've also updated my sprites for Overkapi and Dolphlame in the OP to fix problems with perspective.

Years
  • Sthornsprite.png
    Kaketaijisprite.png

Wigglytuff and Tyrogue's cousins? Good pose on the fighting one, but yellow with red polka dots? :/

I think the normal could use a little more color. It's a little too normal, color-wise. Even the plainest sprites will usually have a prominent color and at least a white area for variety (like Marill or Wigglytuff). Not to say that it's a bad sprite. The color is good, and so is the shading, line work, etc., but it just needs a little something else to make it not look so much like a Wigglytuff/Clefairy.

Oh, and now that I look harder that ear seems to have a notch in it since the dark inner part of the ear nearly touches the outline.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Thanks for the crit, as always. I was having some troubles picking out a color for the fighting type; do you have any suggestions?

Years
  • Thanks for the crit, as always. I was having some troubles picking out a color for the fighting type; do you have any suggestions?
    I'd try out a couple of combinations and compare them side by side to see what works best. Shouldn't be too hard since it's a small area to recolor. If it were me I'd just take two colors from an official sprite since they generally have good combinations going.

But if you want to know what I would try first, I'd go with something blue.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Okay, I tried both of your suggestions, and I think I like the blue better:
    Kaketaijispriterecolor.png

I also made the pattern on its body clearer: there is a spot on each knee, but the rest are stripes.

Years
  • I think that's an improvement. Larger, bolder details seem to work better for pokemon-esque sprites. Too much detail and it can start to get lost. Stripes also give more of a sense of shape than spots, though usually this works better on larger sprites, I think. Not that I think you should make it larger since it's good as it is. And blue does go better with yellow than red.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Here is a slightly less boring color scheme for my Normal type:
    Sthornspriterecolor.png
    I think I'll call it Cushpin.

And a new fakemon, my region's Pikachu wannabe:
    Zaplugsprite.png
    Possamp. Electric type.

Years
  • I love your palette choice on Cushpin, especially the highlight. I think it's left(our right) foot could be spaced away more from the right foot.

Pokemonatoms

something...
    Years
  • These sprites are AWESOME although the fire dolphin is a bit big...
    Im not begging just asking if you could do 1 or 2 for me ???

Years
  • I like your take on the electric rodent type, particularly the tail, though I wish it were a little less Pichu-like. The overall sprite, I mean. You know, the little black eyes, colored cheeks, pointy ears, small body, etc. From the name I'm guessing you're basing it off a possum, (could be wrong about that) but I don't really see many possum-like features in the design.

flarrit bit is the best i really like it
    Please try to put a little more into your responses, like why you like something, so the artist can use your feedback.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I like your take on the electric rodent type, particularly the tail, though I wish it were a little less Pichu-like. The overall sprite, I mean. You know, the little black eyes, colored cheeks, pointy ears, small body, etc. From the name I'm guessing you're basing it off a possum, (could be wrong about that) but I don't really see many possum-like features in the design.

I was kinda basing it on the fact that Plusle and Minun are also very, VERY Pichu-like, and every electric rodent pokemon so far has those cheeks, ears and eyes. And if you think about it, Pikachu didn't really have any unambiguously mouse-like features, either. Yes, it is supposed to be an opossum; the only features I can think of for an opossum that make it recognizeable are 1) the gray color with a white face (which will be extant in the evos), 2) the pointy nose, which doesn't translate well into a cute pokemon (most simplify faces into spheres), and 3) the prehensile tail, which I tried to represent by the thin, flexible power cord.

I like to imitate the style of the actual pokemon games, including the archetypal families and the design choices they share across generations.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I think perhaps if the ears were round, that would look better. Right now, they look almost exactly like Pichu ears, and I think round ears would capture more of the opossum look.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Those are really good looking sprites!
    My favourites are Finchy, Urfin, Formignite and Stingle cause IMO they look "smoothest" out of your collection. ^^
    Don't think I have any crit to say since most have already been pointed out, and anyways your sprites are so good that I didn't have much crit to begin with. xD
    Good job and keep em coming! ^.^

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • Zaplugsprite.png
    Possamp.
    Electric type. My region's Pikachu wannabe.

This one is sooo cute^_____^

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I think perhaps if the ears were round, that would look better. Right now, they look almost exactly like Pichu ears, and I think round ears would capture more of the opossum look.

Like this?
    Possampsprite.png

I think you're right, it does look more like an opossum that way. Thanks!

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Aquanasprite.png
    Aquana, the iguana fakemon.
    Water Type.

I'm very pleased with this one. I'm probably going to make this my water-type starter instead of Squill.

Cyberglass

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    More fakemon:

Parasoulopensprite.png
    Parasoulclosedsprite.png
    Parasoul, open and closed Formes. Psychic type.

Whirybdissprite.png
    Whirybdis. Ghost/Water type.

Back