• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cyndaquil2607's Sprites'n'stuff!

Cyndaquil2607

Pingu is the best TV program.
Years
  • Hey Cyndaquil2607 here. I've sptrited for a pretty long time now and I am getting pretty good at it, but not good enough! Here I'll post my latest sprites and even old ones i find lurking in my computer. So look at the sprites below and please give critisizm, not go like "these suck hahaha!" etc. Remember i sprite in gba style, meaning THEY ARE NOT PILLOW SHADED! So that's enough of me, now for my sprites...

DON'T STEAL SPRITES!!!

pretty old sprites
    This is a fire starter for my latest hack pokemon holy white
    And here's it's back sprite *note i still arn't happy with the tail*
    Here's what it evolves into
    and it's backsprite *again not too happy with it*
    and the last ev.
    and his backsprite
    And a mewthree sprite i made (no backsprite yet)
    Ok. This is the wierdest idea i ever got, i looked on a voodoo doll in my room (not sure why i have one) and then on my video of Chucky, and then on a dvd of "Tim Burton's 9". And all together They formed the idea of this.

Newer sprites:
    It has been a time since i updated this thread (and sprited) but ive made three all new sprites for you, i have gotten better, i think, but i need cc, here they are

or the three sprites seperately:

are these new fakémon for a hack i wonder?...

the ground under the middle's is from dugglet's fire red sprite btw

The fakémon and trainers, sort of ounds like a sneek peek at a new hack. (hint)

The second evolution to the seed thing above...
    the ground below is still firered diglett's and the grass-hair is still just a W.I.P.

Trainer Sprites
    The team spirit admin for my latest hack (given up on hack)
    a revamp from one of my first ever trainer sprites. (and yes i think she might be anarexic!(not sure how to spell anarexic :/) )
    another revamp of one of my first trainer sprites.

And that's it for now, ill be updating this quite a lot, so until i draw more sprites, bye!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not bad...

What I would say is the starter Pokemon's evolutions are too similar to the first form. You could try and slightly change the appearance.

I love Mewthree, and its colours!

Cyndaquil2607

Years
  • Not bad...

What I would say is the starter Pokemon's evolutions are too similar to the first form. You could try and slightly change the appearance.

I love Mewthree, and its colours!

thanks for the help, i'll change them later. Yeah, im pretty proud of mewthree myself, im drawing sprites now so this'll be updated in a while (im off sick, and bored, so im spriting!)

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • they are good but the colours are too bright, they look like the ones from the pallate on paint, you may want to choose your own colours and shades from the bigger pallate or get some pallates from existing spites, otherwise they are pretty good :)

Cyndaquil2607

Years
  • they are good but the colours are too bright, they look like the ones from the pallate on paint, you may want to choose your own colours and shades from the bigger pallate or get some pallates from existing spites, otherwise they are pretty good :)

They arn't the pallete from paint but they are really bright, now i notice thnx

added these

Newer sprites:-

Old Sprites:-

Trainers:-

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    not to be mean or anything, but these sprites, are quite bad.
    they look flat and messy especially the trainer and first fakemon. the "evolutions" to the fire pig, just look like bigger versions of the same fakemon.
    the trainer's, i dont even know where to begin, first the hair looks messy and out of place, the colors dont blend well.
    overall, this is a good place to start, but you need to improve.... a lot.
    flamemaster~

Cyndaquil2607

Years
  • not to be mean or anything, but these sprites, are quite bad.
    they look flat and messy especially the trainer and first fakemon. the "evolutions" to the fire pig, just look like bigger versions of the same fakemon.
    the trainer's, i dont even know where to begin, first the hair looks messy and out of place, the colors dont blend well.
    overall, this is a good place to start, but you need to improve.... a lot.
    flamemaster~

thak you on giving me help w/ the starter, but the trainers are VERY old, i jst posted them here for no real reason

Cyndaquil2607

Years
  • im posting some of my latest trainer sprites (not 100%scratch)
    the 3rd gym leader in a hack of mine. Also a revamp from one of my first ever trainer sprites. a protaganist from my last failed hack pokemon sun and moon.
    in the same hack as the above sprite. This is a team spirit admin. M.L.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Okeydokes... so, you're off to a good start. You're starting to get down anatomy and pose. But what's killing you here is the shading. What you're doing was once described to me as 'pillow shading'. If you look at your sprites, the brightest part is always in the center, then the tone gets darker moving out towards the edge. There are two BIG problems with pillow shading.

1. You are assuming that your light source is coming from directly in front of the sprite... a phenomenon hard to achieve

2. It is extremely hard to shade constistantly when pillow shading because the different shapes of pieces and parts are not necessarily going to have the same downgrade in tone.

Your best bet is to look at an 'official' pokemon company sprite and observe how the light source is concentrated from one direction. (This is all assuming that you are trying to replicate 'pokemon style' sprites) It took me a loooooooooooonnng time to understand this idea that the light is fixed and that you have to hit surfaces facing that fixed point, but once you get it, it will be like a light bulb going off over your head ^^ no pun intended!

Like I said though, you're off to a good start! Practice PRACTICE PRACTICE! ^^ That's how you get better!

(Keep Spriting> Cyndaquil2607's Sprites'n'stuff!

Back