• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cynthia

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • Spr_Pt_Cynthia.png

This lovely lass was the champion of the Sinnoh region, appearing in the 3 Sinnoh based games, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. She was an overall strong champion with a well built and diverse team, and she served a role in the story of the games, much more so in Platinum's story. She even reappears in the Generation V games as someone you can battle.

What were your thoughts on Cynthia? Did you like her or not? How about your battle with her - how did that go?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    LOVE her. She's easily my favorite champion of all time. She had class, style, crazy strength, and flawless battle music. Plus, she was the first female champion. Everything about her screams "kick-butt champ" and I love that about her. Iris, on the other hand...

As far as my battle with her, I remember the first time I battled her in Pearl I think I lost. I had saved in front of her though, so I won in either my second or third battle. I don't remember the details, though. :(

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Aaaw yes, Cynthia! She's so.. so.. COOL! And I remember our first battle, I beat her. And to this day, we still have Rematches from time to time, when she's in Sinnoh... I never seem to be around Unova when she is though. *sadface*

Years
  • I too remember my first battle with her in Pearl, way back in 2007, haha. Battles with her are always something to remember, I can assure you. My most recent one (my Ground Monotype back in the fall) she did put up a good fight, bringing me to only two Pokémon, but still winning without any items.

And her character was quite good too, you see her quite a bit in the story as she talks about different aspects of the region, including being interested in myths. (Also, in Platinum your rival mistakes her for your sister, which was funny.) It was also great seeing her in the Unova games, that was fun battling her.

So yes, I would say Cynthia is my favorite Champion. But I do find it disappointing that she not only leaves you to cure a bunch of Psyduck that are suffering chronic headaches and not feeling inclined to move at all (don't you think it's kind of cruel to leave them suffering there like that when she could be curing them herself?), but just tags along with you in the Distortion World but ultimately does nothing productive.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Cynthia is my favorite Champion because of two things: character and team.
    Her character is quite mysterious and cool, but she's not afraid to ask you for help or to help you. Quite a brilliant lady.

And the team is brilliant. It's so diverse and covers many types, and actually poses a bit of a challenge. Her Garchomp was so strong! Her rematch team is even deadlier...

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Awesome! Cynthia is by far my favorite champion! mainly for her looks and her themes. she looks so awesomely cool and badass, and her theme is one of the best champion themes ever!

Years
  • When I first saw Cynthia I remember my main joy being that she was blonde like me lol xD I know there have been prominent blonde characters since but at the time it was quite unusual lol :) Plus her evident love of wearing black gave her even more brownie points in my book haha :)

The fact that she's from Celestic Town really draws me to her, as its focus is on history and mythology which are both interests of mine, especially history :) It also provides an extra dimension to her status as Champion as someone who cares for more than just battling, as is exemplified with the Psyduck portion of the game (kinda like Jasmine and Ampharos in Olivine City lol) :)

In terms of battling, I found her refreshingly challenging (the Champion I faced before her was Wallace) and I approved of the fact that she had a Gastrodon lol, which was on my team as well :)

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • wow she was an amazing champion!! also she was really strong haha i remember i had to battle her a few times for the title..her gar chomp was a monster haha.. she's like the best champion imo (:

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Cynthia is an amazing Champion. In my honest opinion the strongest out of all the known champions. Cynthia is another reason why Platinum is one of my favorite games of all time. I still remember the battle with her, insanely epic. We need more champions as strong as Cynthia.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Cynthia is my all-time favourite champion. With her alluring personality and an amazingly strong and balanced team, she both captivated my heart as well as gave me one of the toughest fights to the finish during all of the times I've done battle with her. Also, I love her battle theme a lot. When I start battles with her, I would sometimes just sit there and let the music charge the atmosphere. All in all, she is definitely not a force to be reckoned with.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    It's bittersweet with her. She's a remarkably tough opponent (that Garchomp) yet an amazing character.

One of the most memorable Champions, in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I will admit I have a very special soft spot for Cynthia. Not only was she the champion in my first ever Pokemon game, but she also gave me my first egg which just so happened to grow into my favorite Pokemon. Togepi! Well, the whole evolution line, but you know.

I admired Cynthia from the first few encounters I had with her in the game. She was what I considered to be one of the first real friends to the player, and that's what made my fondness grow for her so much at the beginning. She had an incredible sense of style, not just fashionably but in her personality too. She was classy. She always gave me somewhat mysterious, enchanting vibes, but was really humble at the same time. She was the kind of Pokemon Trainer I wanted to be, given Pokemon was a 'real' thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved her as champion. She was the first female Pokémon champion to make appearance in-game, if I'm not mistaken, and alongside, she was also quite tough to take down. When I'd first faced off against her, it took me approximately ten to twelve tries to get her finally defeated. Although it was indeed frustrating, it was still nice to see that they'd put effort into developing her team thoroughly and whatnot.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
    Years
  • Cynthia <3

But seriously though, Cynthia is my most favourite Champion. Her team was diverse and really hard to take down without a good strategy (I remember training my Staraptor to level 89, and using fly to take down her Spiritomb easily. It worked XD), her Garchomp is a killer, she has the best Champion theme, hands down (Iris' Champion theme comes pretty close though), she's pretty attractive (for an anime/game character. Yep, I just said that XD) and she always has a part on my team (I always try and use a female Dragon type, which I always name Cynthia).

Cynthia is THE best champion in my opinion. And I know alot of people can agree with me on that.

Sirfetch’d

Cynthia was the most challenging in game player for me to beat throughout Pokemon. She had a well balanced team whom iirc all had perfect IVs? not sure on that one but she definitely was a real test. I loved her connection to the storyline and just everything about her is appealing. Definitely one of my favorite champions of all time!

Back