• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cyrus Is Killing Me! Any helpful tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    This has got to be the 8th time i have fought and lost to Cyrus in the distortion world. Ill list my team and if anyone can give me some good advice on what to do would be great.

a) Machoke: LVL 48 ~Item: Quick Claw/Fist Plate
    b) Noctowl: LVL 44 ~Item: Odd Incense(might change for something else)
    c) Torterra: LVL 46 ~Item: Big Root
    d) Luxray: LVL 44 ~Item: Amulet Coin
    e) Bibarel: LVL 44 ~Item: Exp. Share(might change this too)
    f) Rapidash: LVL 46 ~Item: Kings Rock(might change this too)

The sad thing is that Bibarel has been the most help and he is loaded with hms(for mule).

So what can I do to stop the madness? Any help would be great.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    lolwut. HM pokemon. at level 45. xD
    Anyways, could you list your moves and what pokemon cyrus has? I forgot.D:

Last edited:

ALC_Allstar

Green Day Fan
    Years
    Use your Torterra if it knows earthquake on Houndoom. Then use Luxray on Gyarados, Crobat, and Honchkrow. Then use should use rapidash or machoke on his weavile. Take the exp. share off of Bibarel cause you need all the exp you can get for each of your pokemon alone. Put a sitrus or oran berry on Bibarel instead. Same goes for Noctowl. Use Noctowl and Bibarel as pokemon that you send out when you need to revive or heal the others. Hope my advice helps!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Firstly you should stop training your HM Slave it's slowing down your real team, the only thing your Bibarel should be doing is stall for recovery, his flying types should all die in one or two hits from a Luxray Thunder Fang, use Machoke for his Weavile and his Houndoom should die from a Torterra Earthquake.

So here's an more neat way of what to do

• Take Exp Share off Bibarel just use him for recovery stall.
    • Start with Torterra if he has Earthquake, if not use your Mahcoke
    • Use Luxray's thunder fang to take care of his flying types(especially Gyarados)
    • Machoke should be able to one-hit ko his Weavile since Fighting is 4x effective to it

By the way I've wondered, what happens if you lose to Cyrus there?

Years
    I have a problem with keeping torterra alive after flamethrower, and garydos is so fast plus has earthquake he kos my luxray.

Machoke: Submission,Vital Throw, Revenge, Rock Smash

Noctowl: Fly,Sky Attack, defog, extrasensory

torterra: wood hammer, mega drain, grass knot, earthquake

luxray: thunder fang, spark, flash, crunch

bibarel: strength, surf, rock climb, cut

rapidash: fire blast, flame wheel, ember, fire spin

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Okay change of plans, give Quick Claw to Luxray to deal with Gyarados, use Machoke to fight Houndoom and Weavile and if he can't beat Weavile because of sustaining damage from Houndoom, use your Rapidash to finish it off.

Years
    i know thats why I dont undestand why im having such a hard time with it.

By the way I've wondered, what happens if you lose to Cyrus there?
    its just like loosing to a trainer it send you to the nearest pokecenter to heal, then you get to trek all the way back you the mountain. but the puzzle inside is already done so you just have to make ur way to him.

well thanks to your advice i acctuly managed to defeat him. finaly. thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Arazza

Arazza - The Champion.
    Years
    i know thats why I dont undestand why im having such a hard time with it.

its just like loosing to a trainer it send you to the nearest pokecenter to heal, then you get to trek all the way back you the mountain. but the puzzle inside is already done so you just have to make ur way to him.

well thanks to your advice i acctuly managed to defeat him. finaly. thanks for your help.

What I did was save before I even battled him!

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    *u* You have to go ALL THE WAY BACK up there? D:
    I don't remember correctly, but couldn't you save before battling him?

edit- above post just answered my question. xD
    I beat him on the first try so I didn't need to save.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back