• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D/P a seqeul to R/S?

RaichuMAN2000

Trainer of Raichu's
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Diamond and Pearl are seqeuls to Ruby and Sapphire. I also heard that D/P will have Magma and Aqua. Does anyone know if this is true?

Umbreon14

Just another member
    Years
    Most likely they will be sequels. Every Pokemon RPG that comes out is usually a sequel to another game. So, yeah, most likely it will be. As for Magma and Aqua, that's probably just a rumor until more details come out.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I don't think so... Why would they make 2 sequels? There's already Emerald...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    But Emerald is not a sequel to Ru/Sa in any sense, because it's just the story seem from another perspective.

I guess D/P might be a sequel, seeing how RBY was followed by GSC which were sequels.

Tvan

Boiler Up!
    Years
    Not enough info about the game leads to many PC members to craziness.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    RaichuMAN2000 said:
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that Diamond and Pearl are seqeuls to Ruby and Sapphire. I also heard that D/P will have Magma and Aqua. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Hmm. Well, GSC took place 3 years after RBY and still had Team Rocket in it. If DP follows this same pattern with RSE, then it would probably take place some time after RSE and you may even be able to go to the Hoenn region to see how it looks after so many years. That sounds pretty cool, although I think it would be more awesome if you could go to every single region.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    Tvan said:
    Not enough info about the game leads to many PC members to craziness.

This is very much true. We live off of information, and when there is none, we go crazy trying to get it.

But many people are right, there's not enough information to lead us to a definate answer. For all we know, it could take place at the exact same time as R/S/E, just in a different region.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I don't think that it's going to be a sequel to R/S because with R/B/Y the sequel (G/S/C) was on the same games boy(Game Boy and Game Boy Colour) so if it was going to be a sequel then it should still be on Game Boy Advance. That's what I think anyway.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I really hope that it isn't a sequel to the RSE games. I am really in need of somethig fresh since the last 3 pokemon games have been remakes.

Dark Spectrum

Creator of Shadows
    Years
    Tomasu-san said:
    I really hope that it isn't a sequel to the RSE games. I am really in need of somethig fresh since the last 3 pokemon games have been remakes.

I'm agree. I'm ready for a whole new adventure. New teams, and stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I hope it is something fresh but all my friends seem to think that it will be a re-make of the G/S saga and i can see how that could be seeing as how they re-made the red and blue games

Back