• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P Could Be Seasonal.

Years
    Yep. Diamond and Pearl could have seasons.

Originally Posted by TotalPokémon.com
    Pokemon of Japan has been featuring blogs on the Prince of The Sea Movie Site. Today the blog featured Satoshi Tajiri, who stated "Season changes, one, thinks the time where it becomes cool that you can enjoy the "diamond pearl" to everyone. Then, in addition we probably will meet."

If this is turns out true, it would be a major shakeup for the Pokemon World. One can only wonder if certain Pokemon will be available only during certain seasons, like fish are in Animal Crossing: Wild World.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Wow! That would be amazing!

Oh! And maybe they could have you enter your zip code at the beginning of the game, and then when you connect to Wi-Fi, the weather data could be sent to your DS, so if it was raining where you live, it would be raining in the game!!!!! Of course, there would have to be some parts of the map that would have one weather condition no matter what it was like where you live. For example, the weather would have to change if there was another Kyogre / Groudon situation with the weather. I don't think it's gonna happen, but I can dream, right?

zokie

PokeMon Trainer Rookie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    According to the latest update at Totalpokemon.com , the webmaster has already added the correct translation.

Just cross your fingers for the next few days ( the corocoro scans ) , to find out whether if there 's really a seasonal system. :D

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    zokie said:
    According to the latest update at Totalpokemon.com , the webmaster has already added the correct translation.

Just cross your fingers for the next few days ( the corocoro scans ) , to find out whether if there 's really a seasonal system. :D

I to would like to see whether or not the seasons would change that would make the gameplay intresting but could also be very buggy and could screw up. Its a double edged sword

Years
    I to would like to see whether or not the seasons would change that would make the gameplay intresting but could also be very buggy and could screw up. Its a double edged sword

Not neccessarily. Nintendo would know what they were doing if they included seasons. If they didn't know what they were doing, they wouldn't add seasons.

figglychu

weedles and pichus pwn!
    Years
    that would be cool. I wonder if they did that if a pokemon was availible in one version in a certain season it would be availible in the other version in a different version could be frustrating. or it could be fun...

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    figglychu said:
    that would be cool. I wonder if they did that if a pokemon was availible in one version in a certain season it would be availible in the other version in a different version could be frustrating. or it could be fun...

It would make the game MUCH longer. And that's a very good thing.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Seasons would be great, the next big step to a realistic gameplay. However, whether it should be based on seasons in the actual world is debatable because that means you'll have to wait a whole year just to get Pokemon that have no real purpose except to sit in your PC Box.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    aragornbird said:

Seasons would be great, the next big step to a realistic gameplay. However, whether it should be based on seasons in the actual world is debatable because that means you'll have to wait a whole year just to get Pokemon that have no real purpose except to sit in your PC Box.

It could have a bigger purpose if you allowed it to have a bigger purpose! ^.^

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    This -would- be a good idea, make the game more interesting, but I hope they don't make the same mistake as animal crossing; It only accounted for people with the same season/months as America, for people over here in Australia, you had to set it in a completely wrong month to get the right season. ~shrug~

Ria

Minx Extraordinaire
    Years
    Aw, that would be so awesome! ^^;

It would really do wonders for that whole "real time" thing ^^; Hehe, imagine what the begining of the game would be like:

Mum: What time is it, honey?
    Me: /sets time/
    Mum: Is it daylight saving time?
    Me: /picks/
    Mum: Which season is it?
    Me: Ma! Look through the bleedin' window! /leaves/

... :laugh:

zokie

PokeMon Trainer Rookie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    There's isn't much game mechanics info in this issue of Corocoro , hopefully it will be featured in Sept, Oct issue...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    Katakoe said:
    This -would- be a good idea, make the game more interesting, but I hope they don't make the same mistake as animal crossing; It only accounted for people with the same season/months as America, for people over here in Australia, you had to set it in a completely wrong month to get the right season. ~shrug~

That's so true actually. I tend to forget that while I'm on Summer Break, people in Aussieland are just starting school.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    It could be interesting if different types have advantages in certain seasons (ice in winter, grass in spring, etc)

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    The seasonal weather system will make these games look great and more interesting. ! ^^

Back