• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P most similar to...

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    R/S/E, except R/S/E's pokemon are better (well at least to me). R/S/E is a bundle of just about all the game concepts such as breeding, a place for post-e4 battling, and different locations for the legendary pokemon, some of which require event activation.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    In terms of sprites, I'd say R/S/E. (Mostly Emerald because of animation.) But I guess in terms of Pokemon, that would depend on which series of games (between R/S/E and G/S/C) has more new evo/pre-evo from past Pokemon. But since I don't know anything about the plot, I don't know which one overall.

Subomi Lover

<- lovely jubbly
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    erm, its already official that D/P is happening at same time as G/S/C

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen today
    I'd say G/S/C cause its Pokemon are based on looks, not necessarily efficiency

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    G/S/C all the way. It has evo's of pokemon from earlier games, has day and night feature, and the same things as G,S,and C

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2006
    I guess G/S/C.

Because, they bring back alot of 2nd Gen. Stuff.

Such as Day/Night, they also have the Poketech, which is like the Pokegear.

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    I think it's like a combo of G/S/C and R/S/E. Things like G/S/C: the day/night, and Poketch is like the Pokegear, there are evos and pre-evos of previous gen Pokemon like G/S/C. Things like R/S/E: Alot of legendaries, Contests, Pofin is exactly like the Pokeblocks, and Battle Tower.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I hope it's more like G/S/C... in my opinion, those were the best in the series.

My favourite aspect of it was the day/night/morning, and how certain things only happened on certain days of the week, and the boat (where you could ALWAYS explore while riding on it). I was highly disappointed when those featuresdidn't make it to E/S/R... so don't let me down, Nintendo!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    GSC was more of an upgrade over RBY.
    RSE 'started the games over,' because you couldn't use your GSC Pokemon on them.
    I think DP is an upgrade of RSE as GSC was to RBY.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    G/S/C because of everything,And the battle tower was in G/S/C so R/S/E was not the only one it just have the Battle Frontier but not The battle tower only.

Back