• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt is the worst of all the Generations

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Reasons DPPt sucked:
    1) The 4th Gen Pokemon are the most rush and uncreative
    2) The Physical-Special split
    3) The story line with Team Galactic and such was too over the top
    4) The Gym Leaders and E4 were way too easy
    5) The Sinnoh region doesn't have many Water routes

1 is true, a lot of them are pretty terrible. That's not to say there aren't any good ones though. I don't know much about 2, but from what I've heard, it's not awful. Doesn't make a huge difference. The storylines lately have been just too much, there needs to be less apocalyptic themes in there. People trying to control time and all that. The gym leaders weren't too easy, nor the E4. They were easier than usual, but maybe they needed to be toned down a bit. And the water routes? Kanto had two small water routes, Johto had 1 fairly long one, and Hoenn had a bunch because the focus of that story involved the sea. I think Sinnoh had 2, with 1 optional one, which is about average (ignoring Hoenn's spike).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I thought it was great! Awsome Graphixz, cool looking pokes and great gym leaders and trainers.

One small step for a pokemon one giant leap for pokemonkind! ;)

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    1 - Fourth generation Pokémon weren't "uncreative" at all.
    The only ones that were cringe-worthy were evolutions of previous pokémon, And the legendaries.
    Other than that, I think the creative standard of the pokémon in 4th gen was decent.
    2 - The Physical/Special Split had to happen. If you don't like it, tough.
    The fact is, it makes more sense. Moves like shadow ball were obviously meant to be special, as anyone with any amount of common sense would realise.
    3 - Nobody plays pokémon for storyline, anyway. I'll say that the storyline was decent, and leave it at that.
    4 - With some of the highest level gaps in a Pokémon game to date, I'm afraid I have to disagree.
    Gym leaders also packed alot of tough pokémon. God knows I struggled with Gardenia's Roserade the first time I played Diamond.
    5 - Water routes = bad. After R/S/E, I'd had enough of them. They lack any real creativity, and looking at blue for the last two to three hours of gameplay is not my idea of fun.

I'd have to say Gen 3 is the worst.
    It's pokemon are the ones that feel the least like pokémon to me.

Great argument i could'nt agree more

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:
    Yeah, because a piece of sludge is more creative than a poison dart frog.
    Seriously? Most Pokemon got an advantage from it. Gengar can finally get a STAB move that doesn't rely on it's abysmal physical attack.
    Pokemon has a story?
    Opinion. Unless you level grind, Cynthia and her OU pokemon will take you out. Seriously, garchomp, togekiss, roserade, and lucario are nothing to laugh at.
    And at least Volkner and Flint had a non monotype team, albeit having crappy pokemon.
    LOL this is bad how? You would prefer more infinitely slow surfing in D/P?
    Please be creative if you're going to troll next time.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Personally, I thought DPPt was well-made. The only problems I saw with Diamond and Pearl were that they ran on a really slow engine compared to other games, which caused battles to take forever and a day to take the proper battle actions. Other than that they stuck to the style of traditional Pokémon very well, I thought. I so agree that the goals of Team Galactic seemed a little far-fetched, but aren't they all?
    Now as for Platinum, I think they really pulled out all the stops for that one. The Distortion World was fantastically made. Everything ran very well on the new engine. But Cyrus was a little too insane for anyone's good. But I'm in agreement that Galacyic was one of the worst concepts for a villainous team in a videogame ever.
    The lack of water routes I was VERY appreciative of. Water-types tend to get really repetitive in their styles and all-around appearance.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Well i think it's sort of true that they weren't creative and the storyline was okay, but I still like DPPt. It's just a game, remember that The Pokémon Company never looks at the details. There are many things that don't make sense in it but people don't care, or don't even notice it at all.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    To be honest D/P/PT weren't that bad. I mean I haven't seen a new pokemon game in ages and it was the first 3-D. It was one of the first pokemon games to have the wi-fi system. But to the game itself. The new pokemons are half bad. But I will have to complain on the cries of the pokemon. Dialga hmmmm I thought it would sound all awesome but it turned out to be an old lady screaming from a stroke. Palkia roar was typical one and good one.

And what are you nuts? The D/P/PT series were the hardest gym leaders and elite four I have faced.

Team galactic? They're soo much creative. I love how they have the guts to actually use a bomb and blow up a lake

Creativity?? Well I liked how they have a snow city on top of the map along with being in a higher altitude area. I like how most of the 3 legendary "Aliens" live in the middle of a lake. I like how the Battle Park is on an island and has three areas along with a legendary pokemon in the area. Now for cities. They are okay but have some flaws. Pastoria city might be a complaint but I think it is understandable because there are not a lot of plain old cities. Solaeceon town fits its theme on being a cowboylike city. Canalave is just very creative on the bridge, the Darkrai quest and etc. I do like Jubilife city but then seeing Veilstone made me bored and I noticed they tried to make it special by adding a game corner, mega mall, and a galactic head quarters. Eterna City was quite boring but then it had its own forest with a haunted house. There are 3 islands in the game.

And the Physical Special system?? What are you like nuts? Oh I get it. You must be one of those newbs that love to EV in special and use physical moves. Seriously that system balanced the game a bunch.

Seriously be more creative in your complaints. You sound like you just bought the game when heart gold and soul silver were going to release. And just probably beat the elite four and stopped playing.

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Reasons DPPt sucked:

1) ... I'll pretend I didn't notice the best Pokémon ever in Gen 4 to me, and my second favorite ever, Riolu and Lucario.

2) That's the best thing. Tells me when enemies' stat dropping actually matters in the beginning of the game.

3) What? It is the best one, not some theif crook or some aqua or magma geeks - It's a whole new Universe.

4) ...Give me a shotgun, please. Diamond and Pearl were the hardest, like hello! Fantina's Mismagius needed a shower of Sand-Attacks for my Prinplup in Platinum to even stand out against it. 10 Super Potions. XD I won, but Prinplup had just one move and I'll have to use Togepi.

5) 'Wild Tentacool appeared!' ... is my worst phrase. If I heard it as much as RSE, I'd snap my Diamond card into two halves.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I do have one gripe about the 4th generation: item box storage. I liked being able to store items I didn't need in my PC. But now, they just sit in my bag, taking up space. It takes me a while to scroll down to the bottom to see an item I just found.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013

Reasons DPPt sucked:
    I disagree.
    1) Thats an opinion, because to be honest, in my opinion, is Gen 4 had the most creative Pokemon. Gen 1's Pokemon are probablly the only ones that are unoriginal, because most are just based of generic animals. I don't see how a fighting flaming monkey is uncreative.
    2) How is the Physical-Special split a bad thing?
    3) Again an opinion, I found the storyline great.
    4) Not really, the levels cap was the second highest in these games, only behind gen 1, Gyms can be hard for some people and easy for some it just depends on the Pokemon you have.
    5) Opinion again, just because you liked water routes shouldn't count as a con. Like i was happy there were less water routes, they get boring to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    i only like a handful of the 4th gen pokemon,also yea i kinda noticed how there were barely any times to use surf,the wholegalactic thing just pissed me off and all the gym leaders were easy as **** but the e4 was hard at the 2nd person,the 4th and the champion

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I can't believe that anyone would say that the Special/Physical split was a bad thing... Seriously, it was one of the best things to happen to Pokemon. :\

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Comments in bold.
    Although the worst thing about the fourth gen, in my opinion, is the "3d" ness of it. Everything is really pixellated. It just looks like they took a good looking game and resized it down by 10% then jpegged it.
    HAHAHAHA JPEGed xD I always notice that, really bad graphics.

Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 D/P/Pt is the worst of all the Generations

Reasons DPPt sucked:
    1) The Pokemon were very creative in my opinion, Froslass, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Roserade (don't slam it!) All the ones along those were fantastic! Pachiru was rushed and unneeded though.

2) I like it, things make more sense, though I don't acknowledge it.

3) They were the best! Though, ruthless, maybe they were too hard for you making you think they were over-the-top. It did unnecessarily drag a bit with Stark Mountain (Heatran's Place?)

4) Easy?! They were really difficult and this is the genius reason why, they all had Pokemon with moves which could counter-attack the basic type of Pokemon that would go against them. Eg. Volkner would have Pokemon with Ice Beam to attack the Ground Types that would go against him.

5) The water routes were enough for me >_>

Last edited:

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years

i dont know about you guys but i still like the sinnoh region..in my opinion, sinnoh is better than johto (no offence)..but have you guys play heart gold/ soul silver? the gym are very easy except jasmine and the rest are hard like claire..but have you guys seen the last gym leader's town in johto..(forgot what it's called).its like a plain land with burnt trees and then pokemon center ohh and a couple of houses and the dragon cave or something..also the space between the town is like 100 step and you're already in the next town..but still it's fun to play with all those addictive mini games and the pokewalker.
    --

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Nyah, Diamond and Pearl were rushed just for the sake of cash imo. The story really sucks, ie Team Galactic and the Dialga/Palkia ideas. The gym leaders were way to easy, and if they were hard to you, no offense but you just either skipped a lot of trainers on the way or just suck. But i kinda liked the Special/Physical split and water routes werent really useful anyway, amusing somewhat but not as necessary for this region. The Legendaries did suck pretty bad, except Giritina, but regardless all of them had a lack in background, but some of the regular pokemon were pretty good.

Back