• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt Power House Challenge

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Power House Challenge

*Created with permission by TheAbsol, original Power House creator

Hello and welcome to the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Power House Challenge! My name is Breakingben and I'll be your host as you fight your way through the region of Sinnoh using one, and only one, Pokemon!

Description: Pick a Pokemon from the list below and use only that Pokemon to face every Gym, Trainer, and Wild Pokemon you come across. Is it Simple? Yes. Is it Easy? Very. Is it FUN!?!? Of course!

This isn't a challenge where you're going to get frustrated or fed up with hours and hours of training, this is one that is designed to relax, have fun, and share your adventure with other contestants.

Now that's out of the way, here are the rules for the challenge.

Rules:
    -This is NOT a race
    -You are allowed only one Pokemon to use through the entire game
    -Your challenge is completed when you have defeated the Elite Four with your only Pokemon
    -Pokemon available are on a list below, please use only those
    -You may trade (the egg) of the Pokemon you wish to use, but please tell me A.) If you are doing so and B.) If you doing it to get a Pokemon not on the list, so I can add it
    -You may use your starter until you catch your Challenge Pokemon, after that you starter must be deposited into your PC (unless your starter is your Challenge Pokemon, or you intend on using it as an HM slave)
    -HM Slaves are allowed, but there is a max of 3
    -When you are facing a Gym Leader/Elite Four Member, you must only have your Challenge Pokemon in your party, no HM slaves
    -If your Challenge Pokemon has fainted in a trainer/wild pokemon battle and you still have HM slaves in your party, you must let the trainer/pokemon beat you
    -NO Cheating/Glitching!!!
    -You must get your Pokemon before Gardenia
    -Please have the Pokemon as soon as possible
    -Your Pokemon are allowed to evolve (when you pick your Challenge Pokemon you are picking the evolutionary chain, not just that Pokemon)
    -Have fun!
    -Update often!

List of Pokemon allowed for Challenge: (Please tell me if I missed any!)

Piplup
    Chimchar
    Turtwig
    Starly
    Bidoof
    Shinx
    Kricketot
    Abra
    Shellos
    Pachirisu
    Wurmple (Dustox)
    Wurmple (Beautifly)
    Zubat
    Geodude
    Onix
    Machop
    Psyduck
    Budew
    Buizel
    Buneary
    Murkrow (Diamond)
    Misdreavus (Pearl)
    Poynita
    Burmy
    Combee
    Aipom
    Cherubi
    Heracross
    Munchlax
    Shieldon (Pearl)
    Cranidos (Diamond)​

Note: You are allowed to use other Pokemon, and as stated in the rules, trade the egg over. This list is for those who cannot, or do not want to trade.

Challengers – Pokemon:
    BREAKINGBEN - Buizel/Floatzel
    JackorzKfnx - Larvitar
    J£¡zåя∂27 - Buneary/Lopunny
    :) - Pikachu/Riachu
    binks555 - Elekid/Electabuzz
    Poke_licious - Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken
    Umbreon_Matt - Buizel/Floatzel
    yuki3056 - Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
    iDawg - Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
    Toon Deidei - Geodude/Graveler/Golem Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
    JustinDestruction - Nidoran (Male)/Nidorino/Nidoking
    KingOfGold - Shellder/Cloyster
    § - Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
    Guenhwyvar - Scyther/Scizor
    Sparky1344 - Cranidos/Rampardos
    GeminiNoise - Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
    Canadian Dirt - Unown

More than one person can do the same Pokemon for this challenge.

Hall of Famers:
    D/P/Pt Power House Challenge
    Thinking_Of_A_Name (Lanturn)

You are allowed to take the challenge more than once, but please finish one challenge before doing the next.

Banner(s):

D/P/Pt Power House Challenge

Credit goes to cooltrainer_mike for this nice banner!

Well, that's about it! Sign up, exchange stories, and have fun!!

Last edited:
    Years
    If the Pokemon evolves, like Turtwig for example, would that be illegal?

O Stupid me! nvm, i didnt fully read the rules :P

can like a Mod delete this post or something? :S

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Hrm, Eggs are allowed? Awesome.
    Would it be okay for me to trade over a Larvitar Egg?
    [Also, Just to add a bit more challenge, I'll not be evolving the Larvitar either :D.]

I can't start right away, though. I still have my Monotype challenge to complete, So I'll start after I'm finished with that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Yeah, you can use the Larvitar egg. And the Monotype challenge you're talking about (if it's the RSE one where it's a race), we are still waiting to fill up all of the types. Because of that, I made this (and, because I wanted to finally host a D/P/Pt challenge :D) to pass the time until it does start, and when it finally does, I'll put this challenge on hold. But, do what you want and welcome to the challenge :)!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Hmm, if I've already almost completed it can I tell you? I went through the game with just an Abra (then Kadabra, then Alakazam). Well... almost all the way through the game, now I'm SRing for a good natured/ good IVd Palkia.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I would prefer that you go from start to end while updating here, but if you went through using only the Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam (and used only it to fight Gym leaders), then I'll put you down as a challenger if you want. But if you want to be considered a challenger, then I'd like you to update here. Tell me if you want to be put down on the list.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    No it doesn't. Just as long as you only use the Buneary throughout the game, it's OK :)! Welcome to the challenge!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    If you caught the Drifloon and used only that Drifloon (and, Drifblim when it evolves) through the entire game then yes. And by entire game I mean the entire game.. AFTER you get the Drifloon :D!

Speaking of entire game... I think I should finally update >.<!

Update:
    -Started off with Turtwig to make my Rival battles much easier
    -Caught a Shinx and traded it for a Buizel egg
    -Walked around for what seemed like FOREVER to hatch my Buizel :)
    -Trained Buizel with great ease (Thank you Sonicboom and the ability to inflict 20 damage each time!)
    -Defeated Rival (Zach) with relative ease... I think Buizel needs to be leveled up a bit more >.>

Team:
    Buizel L: 14
    -Sonicboom (<3)
    -Water Gun
    -Pursuit
    -Quick Attack

(I really like the moves Buizel learns for some reason...)

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Ohkay then. ^_^ Sign me up then please, and I'll start Friday. Though possibly before, because I might finish my mono-type challenge early. I'll use the starter up until the Valley Windworks, and then Drifloon from then on. :3 I'll post when I start, anyways. XD Thanks. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Just a quick update before I log off:

-Received HM 06 from some random hiker guy >.>
    -Was called a noob by a kid in Oreburgh...
    -And... defeated all trainers in the Gym and Roark with a couple of Water Guns

Badges: 1
    Team:
    Buizel L: 17
    -Sonicboom
    -Water Gun
    -Pursuit
    -Swift

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    would

i would do this challenge, but only if i got an elekid egg if you could get me an elekid egg or magby i would gladley do this challenge

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    @Foxnordic - I may or may not be able to get an Elekid/Magby egg. I'm going to look into that and get back to you

@Thinking_Of_A_Name - If you trade the egg over and hatch it on the game you are using for the Challenge, then you won't have to worry about losing control of the Pokemon when it gets into the higher levels (and you don't have the Gym Badges to control it). You CAN trade over the Pokemon itself, but I think it would make things a bit frustrating.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Nah, It's not the emerald one. If it was, I would have started already. I'm doing a Monotype challenge on Pearl, so I need to complete that before I start on this.

:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I'll challenge with a pikachu. Can it have volt tackle on it?

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    Hm...I'll join. This oughta be fun.

I think I'll use a...hm...either a gible or a Cyndaquil...yeah. Put me down for Cyndaquil.

I'll do this and try to be good at it.

So...can I Egg Move Breed it since I have that gay rock gym and the ever so gay water gym to fight? or if...actually, yeah. I've doing my monotype challenge and I dont' want to restart, so could I have my bro build a copy of the gym leader's team, the galactic's teams etc? I have a lot of stuff to do...and I don't want to restart. Would it be alright for me to do any of this?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    if anyone would trade me a elekid egg i would do this challenge and i just REALLY want a elekid egg

Back