• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P starters

DoMyxZ

God Mapper
    Years
    I luv Pochama is the best of the starters , the water pokemon have avantaj to on elite4 is more fire pokemon and stone like #3 - Ooba Rapidash,Goukazaru,Steelix,Mimiroppu ,Fuwaraido and other elite4 member.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    I ussually choose the grass starter but I think I might go with Pocchama.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I choose Hikozaru witch is now a Lv.96 Goukazaru

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    it's quite obvious they are all weak and strong against each other, so it just all comes down to speed and looks.

i'm still getting a pocchama.

Years
    I'll probably get Pocchama although I do quite like the look of the fire one, Hikozaru... The grass one's last evo looks a bit like venasaur though. Hmm..

Shino_Black_Card

Hikozaru PWNS!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    I just have one question....What does cuteness have to do with fighting? In pokemon you don't debate over which pokemon is cute or ugly (maybe in the new contest) you just fight. Besides Goukazaru (Hikozaru final Evo) can kill Enpuruto and due to it being a Water/Steel type which is weak aginst Fighting and Ground and Naetoru's final evo can beat Enpurtuo so if you pick Pochama as a starter you overall scewred due to it havein very low Speed and mid Attack and defense. it only has good Special attack and Special Defense. Goukazaru has hig Speed, Attack, but low defense. Hikozaru is my starter for obvious reasons which I have explained above. Goukazaru can beat Enpuruto with a quick Skyuppercut and Dodatios with a Blazekick making Hikozaru the best starter type.

Shino_Black_Card

Hikozaru PWNS!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    But Ground and Water both beat Fire.
    Yeah but Goukazru is way faster then both of those pokemon that they wouden't even have enough time to hit back becasue they woud have fainted due a quick Blazekick or Skyuppercut (Srry 4 double post)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah but Goukazru is way faster then both of those pokemon that they wouden't even have enough time to hit back becasue they woud have fainted due a quick Blazekick or Skyuppercut (Srry 4 double post)

...For some reason the word "noob" comes to mind...repeatedly >.>;

If you're sorry for double posting, then why do it? Just edit the first post.

And, if your starter can get knocked out by ONE attack like that, then you deserve to lose...The grass starter's evolution is part Ground, which is resistant to Fire. Blaze Kick would not instantly knock out a properly-trained one. No, instead, it would be left standing to kill Goukazaru with an Earthquake (since, as you said, Goukazaru has low defense). And...if you miss Enperuto with that Sky Uppercut then you promptly get smacked by a STAB Surf...KOing your Goukazaru on the spot.

Thank you very much, please learn proper spelling & grammar and to edit posts instead of double-posting. Goodbye.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    i have decided to choose pochama
    to go along with my gyrados milotic and dragonair

Back