• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P: Worst Generation Ever?

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
    Seriously. The battle engine sucks, you almost always get the effects from statuses (full paralyze, hurt in confusion), and NONE OF THE NEW POKEMON ARE ANY GOOD. Thay're running out of ideas. They should have made a G/S/C remake and said "We're done. Let's go make another good series, before this one overstays it's welcome!"
    But no. They just had to make one more game, and it was terrible. And, if you're left handed you practically need three hands to play ideally (using stylus, etc). And, you level up too fast. I only train one pokemon for the one player, and mine quit obeying me. Solution: Train another something. But I don't like to. Makes you weaker. But, hey, makes a too easy game a little harder! I'll bet if I trained a few of em, it would make the game hard enough! Prove me wrong. Or can you?

Last edited by a moderator:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    So, you come here, say that DP is the worst generation ever, and provide laughably terrible evidence to back up your claims?

Okay. I'm gonna go back to playing Pearl now.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    I'm almost up to my third gym in Pearl (first play through) and so far the 4th Generation has been pretty average, the game it's self is fun, right now I'm using kadabra, Machoke, Garados, Luxray. Anybody notice the starter missing and the fact I mostly use our beloved familiar Kanto pokemon? well.. the 4th gen are pretty crappy in the design department so id rather not use them. about 80-90% of 4th generation pokemon suck really bad.

The 10% I like, consists of legendaries which look cool and Pokemon like Lucario etc.

I wish the Pokemon creator would have considered evolutions for Pokemon like Pinser or others that don't evolve instead of screwing up the new evolution of Magneton, UFO's anyone?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Well, I personally thought Ruby/Sapphire was the worst Generation.
    But anyways, the status effect chances are still like they have always been (And Paralyze usually never stops me in battles). And I do think that the Pokemon were a bit uncreative, but you have to look at all of the good things that they put into this game. WFC, Underground, and pretty much a bunch of other things that can take up time and be fun at the same time. And you don't even need the Stylus to play (And my brother who is left handed has no trouble at all playing the game)
    I mean, sure a GS remake would have been good, but I personally think that this game was a large improvement from the Advanced Generation.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
    So, you come here, say that DP is the worst generation ever, and provide laughably terrible evidence to back up your claims?

Okay. I'm gonna go back to playing Pearl now.
    Did we even read this post like the other people did?

And I know you don't need the stylus, I just dislike having to hit the d-pad twice. And if I wanna play online, I'll just go play netbattle, where I don't have to level up so much, and there's no D/P Pokemon.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Did we even read this post like the other people did?

And I know you don't need the stylus, I just dislike having to hit the d-pad twice. And if I wanna play online, I'll just go play netbattle, where I don't have to level up so much, and there's no D/P Pokemon.

No, I read your post, and it's full of crap.

You say the battle engine sucks, yet your only evidence of this is the fact that you always get hit by the full effects of status- which is a load of crap anyway, as I've never had those problems (maybe you're just unlucky?).

All the new Pokemon suck? Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario, Heatran, Azelf, Weavile, Yanmega, and Porygon-Z would all like a word with you. And by that I mean they'd like to kick your ass. >:(

Level up too fast? What the hell kind of argument is that? That's some of the most fanboyish nitpicking I've ever heard. You don't level up too fast- you just play too slow.

Left handed people? Who uses the stylus anyway?

And that's YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT. No factual data, no real arguments- just pure fanboy crap. My advice: take off the nostalgia goggles, and realize that DP is one of the best generations so far.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    I am honestly gonna say I love the new generation the new pokemon not so much there are a few i like which i use. The new form of eevees yes i love them it is about time poor eevee got abit of love. I also agree they should have put more old pokemon in the game but i can deal with that because i have things like a starptor a, lucario and a few other pokemon i consider good. I am left handed by the way and i can use the stylist easy if i ever get bored enough to do so in both hands none the less. I would have loved to see a new evovled forms of pinsir and those who had gotten no love. Oh and Fyi I was here sense the start blue/red

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    NONE OF THE NEW POKEMON ARE ANY GOOD

I wouldn't say that... I really only appreciate the new evolutions to most of the 2nd Gen Pokes and Froslass...

And, if you're left handed you practically need three hands to play ideally (using stylus, etc).

Ambidexterity FTW! If you don't have to use the touchscreen then why are you complaining?

Last edited:

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I actually prefer this generation over third. Although I must say I was very dissapointed with Team Galactic. The plot was ok, but using Lv. 40 (or at least close to 40...) Wurmples? And they were supposed to be evil? *sigh*

It was very convenient to get a decent HM slave early in the game though... Lv. 4 Bibarels FTW!!! XD

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Yes i have to agree that the new Team Galactic was have to be the weakest team yet. I much preferred it when they were hard and semi complex puzzles to take out the teams.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Yes i have to agree that the new Team Galactic was have to be the weakest team yet. I much preferred it when they were hard and semi complex puzzles to take out the teams.

I agree with both of your points... They need to throw more obstacles and new non-cliched stuff in our ways before we can completely mutilate evil teams!

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    And maybe better pokemon let the boss have dragon pokemon or maybe a weak legendary or something I would love to have the challenge back again

.:The_Lost_Realm:.

~ Will be away, Be back soon
    Years

The Go-Rock Squad even surpass them with ease.

Other than that, the easy difficulty makes this generation to easy to beat, but that's not enough to call this the worst generation ever.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    I have to disagree while the team is easy to beat some of the end game can be much more challenging then sapphire and ruby which i just found just to easy Even the elite four caused me a small bit of problems knocking out my two big hitters Aka Lucario and Palakia

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I cant see why mods left this open tbh, it's just the OP whining. Everyone is open to their opinion, I personally don't feel it is your place to impose it on others with an annoying thread. I personally feel that 3rd gen sucks, but I'm not going to gominto the GBA setion and post about it.

And that's YOUR ENTIRE ARGUMENT. No factual data, no real arguments- just pure fanboy crap. My advice: take off the nostalgia goggles, and realize that DP is one of the best generations so far.

Owned ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    some of the new pokemon i believe to be quite well designed, such as garchomp, infernape, and the ledgeendary pixies.

also i think luxray is quite cool looking.

however they do have some really really really poorly designed pokemon, kricketune and bronzong come to mind, but at least the latter is a brilliant wall and team supporter.

overall, i think DP is average, still a good game, but not as good as G/S/C which really was the peak for me.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Seriously. And, you level up too fast. I only train one pokemon for the one player, and mine quit obeying me.

A solution to this problem would be to only train stuff that you catch yourself. If you come back and say you did catch it yourself, then it never stopped obeying you and you are a liar. Only Pkmn you get in trades disobey you. They also level up faster than other Pkmn. Know how things work before you complain about them.

damion

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I havent been here in a while but I must say that I love all the gens even thought most people say that the GSC series was the best, the way I look at it the D/P/P series is a sequal to the GCS series

The pokemon are pretty cool, I mean enough with they trying to look like real animals. Let them be strange thats why they are monsters. The game engine is fine there is nothing wrong with it, so what if its easier to get status effects god (i dont see it though)

I know that we have the right to ***** about a game but understand that it is better i mean just because there are somethings that you feel dont adapt to you why bash it. I love this game, hell i loved pokemon since 98 when it came out

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
    The fourth generation was great, as other people said. Garchomp, Infernape, and Lucario are awesome. And we finally get a way to battle people who don't live two houses down, which is good. Also, The stylus controls don't require you to be right-handed, mostly all you do is poke things. It's not like you have to write a letter or anything.

Back