• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P: Worst Generation Ever?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    My only complaint is that we had a lot of pointless evolutions of old pokemon (yet pinsir or kangaskan still dont have one) and the chracter walks like hes got a carrot stuck up his......well you know

Years
  • well, once r/s/e cam out i was completely anoyed. but i've grown used to them and i quite like them now. it was the same i was like "not another pokemon game!" but i have grown used to it since playing it. once you grow familiar to all these new pokemon, you begin to understand it and yes there are a few pokemon that suck but overall it wasn't a bad idea to make another pokemon game.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • I have to agree with DeanoDance D/P does NOT suck if you think it does your wrong but i have to admit there are some pokemon that suck like magnezone sucks and Bronzong and others also.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I have to agree with DeanoDance D/P does NOT suck if you think it does your wrong but i have to admit there are some pokemon that suck like magnezone sucks and Bronzong and others also.

Sorry I meant they look dumb

Magnezone and Bronzong are two of the most awesome looking Pokemon this gen. If you're gonna complain about weird looking Pokemon, complain about Magmortor (who looks like he spent a weekend on a cruise ship buffet) or Electivire (who sucks in battle and is inferior to Electrabuzz)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The best generation was the second, and the third generation was the worst ever in my opinion.

Diamond and Pearl didn't "suck", but it didn't really capture much of my imagination like previous ones did.

I was a little disappointed with it to tell you the truth.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • My only complaint is that we had a lot of pointless evolutions of old pokemon (yet pinsir or kangaskan still dont have one) and the chracter walks like hes got a carrot stuck up his......well you know

lol..

Anyways They should have solved the pre evo for Kangaskhan in generation 2, I still have that wth face going on about it, what is that thing in her pocket. They should of made Kangi like this, do you know how a male combee never evolves but a female evolves into a Vespiquen? Well they should have done that for this generation

:t354:TG

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • So you come into a D/P section of the forums and state the games suck. Why don't you keep your useless opinions to yourself. I am sorry you think the games suck. There is nothing we can do about it =/. I am sure no one cares anyway. I am sure there are people that love D/P to death. So pretty much this is a pointless thread. I am guessing you made this thread to increase your post count. O.o

NO, D/P are not the worst games.....

:16:

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2008
    perosnaltity the only game i have ever beaten has been ruby/sapp....

mainly because i was six and 7 when gold/silver came out and like 4 when yellow starteted it all.

so my favorite was 3rd for graphics and blaziken!!!! but now the 4th gen is also cool even though a turtle as a grass pokemon? I thought squirtle started the turtle pokemon=water thing.. even though turtig is awesome

also your reasons are crap. omfg!!!! i don't care about the damg stylist argument. If you want someone who cares go cry to your mom.

but even thought 3rd being fav so far 4th is still great

Last edited:

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I don't see what your talking about! Sure, Gold and Silver was better but the 4th generation was so much better than the 3rd. I don't care much about your opinion but don't put it in the Diamond and Pearl forum.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Here's my rant on things.

1. So many legendaries. Gah!

Wouldn't the addition of more legendaries both improve the gameplay value you can get through catching them and further expand the Uber tier as a viable metagame?

Okay, yeah, they took up a slight bit of space that would've probably gone to another "normal" Pokemon, but what are the odds we'd actually prefer that over the legendary? =P

2. NetBattle and Shoddy suck!

Addressed at one person in particular, but I don't think previous comments were actually addressing the issue. =P

Anyhow, Shoddybattle's main goal is simply focusing on the battle aspect of the game. Sure, call us lazy for not training up the Pokemon. Frankly, I've had a lot of horrifying team ideas that seemed good at first. Had I taken the effort to actually go through with them on my Diamond, I'd end up with a lot of stuff I don't need, a team that didn't work, and basically wasted time. On the other hand, Shoddy basically lets me go out and test what works and what doesn't. No wasted time or effort involved making sure it works - other than perhaps the actual battles.

I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem, but I also have god-awful Wifi, so that's part of the reason I just pack Shoddy.

And then there's the issue of - yes - an actual metagame that can form independent from the point of the game. The Shoddy metagame is actually pretty standalone from what goes on at Wifi. It evolves more quickly, keeps strategies more accessable, and generally appeals more to the people who like to focus solely on battling. If you were to battle fifty people on Shoddy, and fifty on Wifi, you'd see a notable difference in the trends of their teams.

And, y'know, Shoddy has random matchups. On the flipside, it costs about fifty bucks to get that, with PBR.

3. So... much... hax...

I'll hazard a guess that since D/P has pretty-much the same ratios as previous generations, you either just have bad luck. Or the probabilities that the more battles you play, hax is more likely to be mean to you.

4. Nintendo's out of ammo!

Besides a few like Infernape (which in itself is a bit debatable), please tell me exactly how this is so. =P

Years
  • I liked generation fouf, but I couldn't stand r/s/e. Sure, they were great when you were working your way through but after that it ran incredibly dry.
    g/s/c was the highlight for me, I think they were just fantastic and if they remade them for gba or even ds they could make some of the best games of all time I think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I thought this generation was excellent. As far as playabitlty goes its almost endless, with all the pokemon you can catch and wifi.
    Honestly I got this game on the day it came out in america (i'm in england) and I just couldnt stop playing it. I nearly failed my exams for it (joking, obviously I aced them) lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    nothing beats kanto personaly i think that some of the new pokemon look awful almost like they were drawn by the blind eg bronzor bu yet some look awsome like luxray. but yet the is pokemon witch i thought should of been in the national dex like arcanine insted of ponyta n rapidash. its not the best generation but its not the worsed

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • I love Pokemon Pearl but I hate 4th Gen pokemon. For the same reason as third gen. Every new pokemon seems two be dual type (with few weakneses) and resembles a blob with eyes. Not only that, these are exactly the kind of pokemon which find kicking my ass extraordinarily easy. Natu, Snorunt, Burmy, Budew, chingling WTF? Some I like but overall they just seem to be crappy cute psychic/grass types. I wouldn't mind but the art for the older pokemon is completely inconsistent with the new ones.

My second pet hate are the legendary pokemon, the things are too common. Everybody uses them, the exception to this dislike would be event exclusives and my favourite pokemon Mewtwo.

They spent ages making the first gen (five years I think) and you can tell the difference.

Think the actual game kicks arse even if it is too short. I'm addicted to the underground. Fix the pokemon and everything will be alright.

Last edited:

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    The new gen is better than old ones, but the difference are too small. The new Legendaries are too much like too much new features in Windows Vista.

Rhymed

YouSpinMeRightRound
    Years
  • Tbh, i would say all the pokemon games are equal :), we all enjoy pokemon (if you do not then why'd ya register.), we all anxiously await the new games, pokemon is enjoyable. Nuf sed.

Exokriz

Delete.
    Years
  • Seriously. The battle engine sucks, you almost always get the effects from statuses (full paralyze, hurt in confusion), and NONE OF THE NEW POKEMON ARE ANY GOOD. Thay're running out of ideas. They should have made a G/S/C remake and said "We're done. Let's go make another good series, before this one overstays it's welcome!"
    But no. They just had to make one more game, and it was terrible. And, if you're left handed you practically need three hands to play ideally (using stylus, etc). And, you level up too fast. I only train one pokemon for the one player, and mine quit obeying me. Solution: Train another something. But I don't like to. Makes you weaker. But, hey, makes a too easy game a little harder! I'll bet if I trained a few of em, it would make the game hard enough! Prove me wrong. Or can you?

Play on Wifi, then tell me the game is too easy. Wifi is what makes this generation of Pokemon.

Back