• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

D_A, you better not fill this thread with jokes about my former name (UU RMT)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    That's right. For the first time in my life, I present a UU team to you for consideration. Since this is my first team, expect a lot of weaks.

Persian @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP

Fake Out
    U-Turn
    Aerial Ace
    Bite

A classic Persian lead. However, I had one issue with the standardized moveset: You got it, Hypnosis's 60% accuracy in Platinum. So, I chose to go with Aerial Ace over it to stop Scyther leads.

Electrode @ Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    30 Atk/252 Spa/ 228 Spe

Signal Beam
    Thunderbolt
    HP Grass
    Explosion

THanks to platinum, Electrode gets Signal Beam, which means it can efficiently scare off foe Absol, doing 86.76% - 101.84% to Absol. The rest of the moveset is pretty explanatory. I chose not to put so much power into Explosion so that I could outrun said Absol.

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Impish/Relaxed Nature
    252 HP/ 120 Atk/ 136 Sp def

Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge
    Roar

Steelix= The best physical wall in UU territory. With a monstrous base 200 def, it has lower def only to Shuckle, who has a significantly lower HP. That said, This is here to mainly stop Scyther and such, and set up rocks which can help out with sweeping capabilities.

Rotom @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPA

Thunderbolt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

With Vance praising Rotom all the time, I just had to try it out. This thing is my main answer to Hitmonlee. I chose T-bolt>> Discharge because of one main reason: Limber.

Clefable @ Life Orb
    Modest Nature- Magic Guard
    252 HP/152 Def/106 SpA
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

I chose Clefable to act as sort of a wall, status absorber, and sweeper. Life Orb doesn't dish out recoil thanks to magic guard.

Quagsire @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 6 Def
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Stone Edge

Since this is my first time in UU, I'm not to keen on CBQuaggy sets. This should work for now, and stop my Kabutops weak in the process.

Threats:

Identify pl0x!

Changes Made:
    -Changed SpecsFable to LO CM Fable.
    -Changed Lapras to CB Quaggy
    -Changed EVs on Electrode, because 44 atk with the other EVs was above 510 T_T

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Kabutops thrashes Lapras with Rock Slide / Stone Edge, so it's not a counter to Rain Dance threats.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I see. Scarfpedo outspeeds most Rain Dance threats though, right? That means I could use him to finsih them off with HP Grass.

No, Scarfpedo is NOT faster than +2 Kabutops =/ And Specs Clefable sucks. You're severely limiting its potential with a Choice item; CM is superior.

Clefable @ Life Orb
    Modest
    252 HP/152 Def/106 SpA
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled

Life Orb recoil doesn't affect 'Fable =D I might come back for a full review, but I have to go to school now.

DarkTyphlosion157

All-Mighty Idiot
    Years
    Thunderbolt does do more than a SE Signal Beam you know

SE Signal Beam: 70 x 2 = 140
    STAB T-Bolt: 95 x 1.5 = 142.5

On Lapras, too reliant on foe Rain Dancers, half of which Lapras can't beat.

Not getting Bite on Persian.

Plus lol @ threats. A team can become Heatran weak if Vaporeon died somehow. A team can be Shaymin-S weak if Registeel gets KOed by a critical Earth Power. John McCain can be Americans weak if Barack Obama makes a good speech. If, if, if.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Bite is there for ghosts, namely Rotom.
    CM Fable looks nice. However, I think I need Psychic on here somehwere to give some support against the Hits and Weezing.

I need a counter to Rain Dance, any good ones?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bite is there for ghosts, namely Rotom.
    CM Fable looks nice. However, I think I need Psychic on here somehwere to give some support against the Hits and Weezing.

Poliwrath and Quagsire are you best bets, Golduck is some use too due to its ability, but it cant switch in on kabutops, keep that in mind. The former two can however, just watch out for hp grass with Quaggy vs stuff like Gorebyss.

Also i would like to know what Weezing can do to clefable, burn it ? O NOES lol. Psychic has poop coverage and there are much better options.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Golduck messes up Rain Dance teams pretty good. Here's a defensive-ish Light Screen set if you're interested (since none of the swift swimmers are at all fast without rain, it doesn't need speed):

Golduck @Leftovers
    Bold (I picked bold in order to survive hits from Kabutops better)
    Cloud Nine
    252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spd
    Light Screen
    HP Grass
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Should be able to switch in on most anything the swift swimmers can dish out and should be able to OHKO Kabutops, whereas against Omastar/Gorebyss you can set up Light Screen so that their HP Grass/Electrics won't do much to you and then are free to do whatever. Surf is there for STAB and Ice Beam can deal with Altaria, but those two moves could be really whatever you want.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Golduck messes up Rain Dance teams pretty good. Here's a defensive-ish Light Screen set if you're interested (since none of the swift swimmers are at all fast without rain, it doesn't need speed):

Golduck @Leftovers
    Bold (I picked bold in order to survive hits from Kabutops better)
    Cloud Nine
    252 HP/252 SpA/6 Spd
    Light Screen
    HP Grass
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Should be able to switch in on most anything the swift swimmers can dish out and should be able to OHKO Kabutops, whereas against Omastar/Gorebyss you can set up Light Screen so that their HP Grass/Electrics won't do much to you and then are free to do whatever. Surf is there for STAB and Ice Beam can deal with Altaria, but those two moves could be really whatever you want.

But kabutops ohkos that after an SD and it uses speed evs so your kinda screwed, Duck NEEDS the speed if you are wanting to revenge kill kabutops (which is the only thing it should be doing and not switching in).

To put it in perspective a LO Kabutops OHKO's a bold max hp / max def venusaur with stone edge after an sd.

But sure vs gorebyss and stuff it should be fine.

Overall as i said in my previous post Poliwrath and Quagsire are your best best for universal "anti rain dance" pokemon, whilst golduck can revenge tops and come in special rain based threats quite easy (with a + speed nature and speed evs), so its up to you.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Since I need some more physical attack, I think I'll go with Quaggy. CHanged to CM Clefable.

Should I go with CB Quag for bulkish sweep, or go with a more of a wall/support set?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Eh, the Kabutops in Rain Dance weak isn't helping. It O-2HKO's your entire team with Stone Edge/Waterfall/X-Scissor.

I really suggest CBQuagsire over that Lapras; it adds nothing to this team really.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I'd go more prepared than that to be quite honest.

Quaggy falls to anything your team is swept.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Read DonRoyale's sig. Typhlo's quote.

Quaggy should be fine, as long as I only bring him out to contre threats and kill back. sort of like CBPert, you know? xcept in UU.

Back