• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Anime Chat Thread

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    I was suposed to be watching My-Otome next but the guy on youtube who hooks me up with the videos (sends you the address because they're under private) hasn't been online in a while so I'm actually watching nothing atm =(, cept the odd episode of Fullmetal Alchemist on DVD.

And Killer, love your Ivan stuff =)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cicadas cry), I call best sleeper anime of 2006. That is all. :3
    Sleeper anime? What is that? o_o;

And yeah, I'll check out the first four eps of that.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yes, it's a sleeper hit. Basically the anime is pretty darn good, but went by unnoticed (similar to how the first Harvest Moon went by unnoticed).

Persona

Banned
    Years
    zomgz its 22sa!

xD Right now Im watching Naruto, mainly, but i have seen a few (like 5 or so) of Full Metal Alchemist, about 4 episodes of One Piece, and 2 episodes of Bleach. Of the 3 minor animes i watch, bleach seems the most appealing >.>
    (ryan's gunna shoot me for that..) and One Piece is kinda awkward, but the episodes i watched was something to do with mermen of somesort.. xD

I can't say that I agree with you. Before you judge any anime, I think it'd better if you viewed a few more episodes, or so. Having seen two from Bleach gives me an impression that your opinion doesn't value enough. Maybe you should try watching more episodes, and then state the reasons on how you thought of it to be appealing than the rest.

Most people who find One Piece awkward is because of the artwork used in creating the characters.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    KILER-SWAFT said:
    xD Right now Im watching Naruto, mainly, but i have seen a few (like 5 or so) of Full Metal Alchemist, about 4 episodes of One Piece, and 2 episodes of Bleach. Of the 3 minor animes i watch, bleach seems the most appealing >.>
    (ryan's gunna shoot me for that..) and One Piece is kinda awkward, but the episodes i watched was something to do with mermen of somesort.. xD

Bleach isn't appealing when you watch the USA version.

FMA is the "best animu evar". So, any logic other than that is irrelevant. Naruto is equally as entertaining, but fails because of Naruto's voice.

WUN PEACE RULZ UR SACKS OFF!!! LOLOL.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    The Bleach Bounto arc was pretty bad, still. Good thing they're back in the manga arcs.

*hides in a corner, as the sight of pedobear scares him*

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Bleach was an acceptionaly well-made anime. But, there is one thing that bothers me the most, and it's how the story works out throughout the series. It goes along these lines: [Usually starting with a hero who somehow gets gifted in growing potentially stronger in a short time, so that hero protects his/her friends and family. This fighter encounters conflits behind strong enemies, and once they are defeated, they become allies of that main character only to face incredibly stronger enemies in the near future. Then the hero eventually leaves all the allies behind.] Many shows follow this pattern, thus leaving me to say 'Nothing new'. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Bleach.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That's just an archetype pattern, every anime, every show has one. For the most part, Bleach is able to pull it off in a very original manner. It's not like a lot of other pretty generic anime, though lately the manga has been dragging and it basically seems like a redux of the Soul Society arc.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Bleach isn't appealing when you watch the USA version.

Just Bleach? I find that no other anime dubs is as appealing as the Japanese versions anyway.

WUN PEACE RULZ UR SACKS OFF!!! LOLOL.

Indeed, but a lot of people seem to dislike it for the following reasons:

One Piece is often put down because of its fillers, but, I think it'd be best not to complain. If anyone would ever want them to end, it wouldn't result in keeping the real story arc continued, more like they would have to pause the anime from playing for awhile. Another thing is the english-dubbed version. Anime such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. lose their viewers in being satisfied because of the reproductions done by companies in other countries. One of the reasons why I find that dubs of any anime could turn out to be horrible, is because the producers lack the motivation from its viewers. They must know that most anime fans will definately perfer the Japanese versions over any dub. Meaning, why should they try, when they know that they'll fail? Then subs just came along to deal with the problem.

Back to the point. Others found the character designs to be bizarre, and often had veiwers finding it not to be very appealing to them, although it shouldn't be much of a pain once you've actually given it a try and kept on watching. I admit that I didn't like it as much, because the show sometimes had events occuring and seemed to drag on a lot, but that wasn't too much of a let down.

Now I'm not saying those are accurate conclusions, it's just from my perspective.

So, anyone else think they should make a BATTLETOADS anime?

That title doesn't sound familiar to me at all. Was it a video game?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Battletoads is a video game franchise by Tradewest created to rival the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. The first game is a 2D beat 'em up from Rare Ltd. released for the NES in 1991 and for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Game Boy, Amiga CD32 in 1993. It was arguably the most graphically advanced video game for the NES, at a time when the video game market was turning to Sega Genesis and SNES. Some also argue that it is the most difficult NES game to finish. -From Wikipedia

So, FMA the movie, "Conquerer of Shambala" was really entertaining, you seen it Ryan?

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If you get the chance, you should, I got it for 9 dollars at Circuit City.

It was really good, and, almost makes you think they are going to start the series again.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I've seen "Conquerer of Shambala". I watched in on YouTube a few months ago, and I don't really remember what happened. I just remember that it was really good, and that it made me obsessed with Ed for quite a while afterwards. xD I'll be buying it soon, I think. Once I get money, that is. Which probably won't be for a while. DX

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I didn't dislike the Bleach dubs from the little I watched on Youtube, but yeah I would generally avoid dubs. Annoying.

I loved the game Battletoads vs. Double Dragon made in 1993. Awesome music to it too. I'm not sure how will it'd do as an anime though.

I never finished FMA. Its appeal wasn't too bad for me though.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I particularly enjoyed reading the manga than watching the anime.

You've read the manga? I actually want to read it. Too bad none of the comic book shops here sell it. I really enjoyed the anime, too...

I have not seen Conquerer of Shambala. I did find the Full Metal Alchemist series very entertaining, so I really want to watch the movie. But last time I checked here, the only DVD of the movie the shop had was Thai with Thai subtitles ;-; I guess I wont be watching it soon...

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    I loved it, but not so sure about the ending. The action was very cool, but parts of the plot rose more questions as apposed to answering others. Anyway, if you haven't seen it you should, since it came out over a year ago and followed the series well. Wrath = <3

Persona

Banned
    Years
    You've read the manga? I actually want to read it. Too bad none of the comic book shops here sell it. I really enjoyed the anime, too...

I've only had the complete volumes recently. It's too bad you couldn't get your hands on the manga, but have you considered shopping for them online? Browsing in mere book shops could give you a good chance, but the manga isn't even as new.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it you should, since it came out over a year ago and followed the series well. Wrath = <3

The majority thinks that the movie was well produced, so I might take a look at it one day.

Judging from that userbar in your signature, you watched 'Shuffle!', right? I gave that one a try, but stopped after the third episode. A friend told me that the anime is eventually rated as R-15. Nice opening song, though.

Last edited:
    Back