• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've seen that and... couldn't get into it. :( I know it's supposed to be parody but iirc the characterizations just made me cringe. ;_;

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Oh look, a new thread. Maybe I'll be active in this one. :D

I love KH. If I got into it now I probably wouldn't like it as much, but it was my first real game so I definitely have a soft spot for it. I even have a pillowcase and a blanket and a sports hoodie that says "ROXAS 13" on the back. :D
    /shot.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I wish I had a PS2...I'd totally get Kingdom Hearts...I have Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days, but that's it. Amazingly enough, I managed to get into the story with those two games. XD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I've never really watched many webshows, honestly XD; iCarly doesn't count for obvious reasons, but yeah.

I prefer my shows animated.

Cherrim

Years
    CHAIN OF MEMORIES! <3

It... it was my favourite game in the series (whether original or PS2 remake--both were great) but I think it's finally been eclipsed by BBS. D:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I still prefer reading manga over watching anime, but it is still good to watch certain series every now and then.

Though, I have yet to come across anime that came from a manga series that is better than the manga itself. The same with a series that came from a VN.

-Jared-

Years
    CHAIN OF MEMORIES! <3

It... it was my favourite game in the series (whether original or PS2 remake--both were great) but I think it's finally been eclipsed by BBS. D:

Haha, I like both the ones I mentioned. I thought the battle system for CoM was awesome. Funny thing is, I never bought CoM, my brother did, and I thought "Psh. Kingdom Hearts." and then BAM instant favorite. XD

Cherrim

Years
    I still prefer reading manga over watching anime, but it is still good to watch certain series every now and then.

Though, I have yet to come across anime that came from a manga series that is better than the manga itself. The same with a series that came from a VN.
    I immensely prefer the Cardcaptor Sakura anime to the manga. n_n; Same with Trigun (which is the first anime I ever preferred the dub for, too)!

Haha, I like both the ones I mentioned. I thought the battle system for CoM was awesome. Funny thing is, I never bought CoM, my brother did, and I thought "Psh. Kingdom Hearts." and then BAM instant favorite. XD
    You, my friend, are awesome. The battle system in CoM doesn't get enough love. :'( I can probably count the number of people I know who liked it on one hand.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I understand that CoM had a pretty creative battle system, but... I sucked at it, so it's a no-go for me. xD 358/2 Days is my favorite because it was the first KH game in which I could say, "holy crap... these characters actually have PERSONALITY!"

...but don't mind me, I'm one of the few who prefers storyline over gameplay. :<

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I tried Chain of Memories for the GBA on an emulator. It wasn't so bad, I have to admit~

Actually, I think I prefer the ones with Sora in them. The original was really good, and as I just said, Chain of Memories wasn't so bad.

Cherrim

Years
    Days's battle system was good, but it seemed so restricting to have the PS2 battle system ported to the DS. They did a good job of it but the lack of buttons and the hand-cramping that resulted from the harder boss fights put a damper on it. :'(

But I'll... sadly play any KH game so I can get the storyline, no matter the battle system. Even though I CAN'T AFFORD TO IMPORT RE:CODED THIS YEAR *SOB*. Not that I won't be playing the ROM the moment it's out, haha, but still.

Years
    I understand that CoM had a pretty creative battle system, but... I sucked at it, so it's a no-go for me. xD 358/2 Days is my favorite because it was the first KH game in which I could say, "holy crap... these characters actually have PERSONALITY!"

...but don't mind me, I'm one of the few who prefers storyline over gameplay. :<
    I dunno, their personalities were really, really annoying me. Too much emo.

-Jared-

Years

You're not completely alone their, buddy. XD Although I do prefer a balance, a good story will hook me better that awesome gameplay. :D

I immensely prefer the Cardcaptor Sakura anime to the manga. n_n; Same with Trigun (which is the first anime I ever preferred the dub for, too)!

You, my friend, are awesome. The battle system in CoM doesn't get enough love. :'( I can probably count the number of people I know who liked it on one hand.

i hope you have another finger, because I can tell you my brother liked the battle system too. ^__^

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I'm trying to get my parents to let me withdraw $60 from my bank account so I can get Black imported. I mean, I have Plat. and SS imported, so yeah.

/Pokemon importer

I also want the FT games for the DS and PSP. Even though they probably suck, I still want to brag about having them. I'd also want that fighting game with Natsu and Lucy in it. But I saw that was like $80 so the PSP game's probably the same (I'm betting the DS one goes for $60 or $65).

Cherrim

Years
    I imported Pokémon Black and I'm kind of regretting it. Not a lot but I expected to breeze through it a little more easily than I am. :( It's ridiculous; I understand the convoluted plots of KH games perfectly when I import and I can't get through a Pokémon game lmao. (Though there aren't voiceovers to help me out so... that's probably my issue.)

But I'm still having fun with it, even if I'm farther behind than like everyone I know playing it. T_T
    I dunno, their personalities were really, really annoying me. Too much emo.
    Sort of agreeing on the emo part. :[ Though I guess there was at least a reason for it. Still, I'll be glad to go back to happy-go-lucky Sora when they finally get around to KH3.

(That said, omg, I haven't seen you around in forever, I think!)

You're not completely alone their, buddy. XD Although I do prefer a balance, a good story will hook me better that awesome gameplay. :D

i hope you have another finger, because I can tell you my brother liked the battle system too. ^__^
    Omg I think that brings the count onto two hands. :'DD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Seasonal DCC - Autumn? Erica, I don't appreciate your racism to Australia. :(

Also I don't understand any other games except Pokemon (I think that's the topic? lol)

Cherrim

Years
    That's not racism, it's...

...nationalism? Countryism? Xenophobia? orz.

If it helps, it probably won't be too long till I start playing with the title anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back