• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Animé is never on TV, at least not where I am, which is kinda annoying :/

But I love animé, especially Death Note.
    I know. The fact that people see it as animation makes it either for adults or children, and most animes dubbed (subbed would never make it to US Channels besides IFC) are in the middle of the two. That is why we have to have a network for it by itself, and I don't even get that network.

It needs a bigger audience in america if it wants to evolve.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Wow, a whole channel for Animé. That would be like a dream come true. In my school, only about 10 (out of 800) like Animé.

Years
    I don't really like Anime that much anymore. It just..doesn't appeal to me. I mean, occasionally a good one will come along, but.. D: I just don't have the time to watch a bunch of stuff online. ):

I definitely prefer live TV to it. ^-^

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I honestly think the anime has made an improvement in Best Wishes. They've taken out a lot of the gags that were making it childish I guess, and Team Rocket seem more, hmm how should I put this.. professional I guess.

They also removed Brock. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I don't really like the Pokémon animé, because it's just a bit childish. I definitely prefer the games.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    I honestly think the anime has made an improvement in Best Wishes. They've taken out a lot of the gags that were making it childish I guess, and Team Rocket seem more, hmm how should I put this.. professional I guess.

They also removed Brock. :D
    Congratulations on the removing the only straight character in the series, Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012

Congratulations on the removing the only straight character in the series, Pokemon.

^This. And Brock isn't even that straight. Remember when he wore that apron, near the start when he was looking after the children? Still, Brock was my favourite character.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    A pink apron doesn't make brock gay. Obviously something had happened with his mum and he had to take the role of the woman in the family.
    Now it's some jungle girl and some waiter with green hair.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    A pink apron doesn't make brock gay. Obviously something had happened with his mum and he had to take the role of the woman in the family.

I didn't say gay, I just said not particularly straight XD. You have to admit, it was a little messed up to be shown on s children's program.

Is the jungle girl the one in your avatar?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Iris is the one in my current theme.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years

Yeah, a Pokemon incarnation of a female Tarzan and an obvious pushover. Misty times was way better.

Also has a horrible opening. Is that how they celebrate Ash being ten years and one day old?

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
    I stopped watching Pokemon after the Diamond and Pearl saga came out over here. It just wasn't entertaining to watch :o

But I think anything is an improvement over Dawn by this point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Iris is the one in my current theme.

Cool. I've never seen that new series, kinda gave up on Pokémon animé a while ago.

Yeah, a Pokemon incarnation of a female Tarzan and an obvious pushover. Misty times was way better.

Also has a horrible opening. Is that how they celebrate Ash being ten years and one day old?

Has Ash seriously never aged throughout the whole thing?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I think the Diamond & Pearl saga was too generic, as there was really only 3 styles of episode.
    1) Battle, whether it be a normal trainer/gym leader.
    2) New Pokemon, whether it be catching it or just helping one out.
    3) Contest episodes, although I didn't mind watching them.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    I think the Diamond & Pearl saga was too generic, as there was really only 3 styles of episode.
    1) Battle, whether it be a normal trainer/gym leader. Pikachu's 1337 move slots + being level 100 and still losing? wtf?
    2) New Pokemon, whether it be catching it or just helping one out. Way to be a trainer. Have some balls and throw a ball at them and enslave them like you do in the games.
    3) Contest episodes, although I didn't mind watching them.

My comments are in bold, Mr. Alternative.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back