• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well at least it's raning here....gotta love the rain. It's something that gets me in a good mood for some reason

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    Today President Bush will be in my city, which is strange. I'll be looking out the window at 3 PM to see his plane fly over. Also, John Kerry was in a town right by my city last week.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I wish it were raining, it's terribly hot here x_x I think I'm going to read a book later...I just need something to occupy myself. I'm still glad to be out of school, it's just that I've done everything I wanted to do already and there's nothing left o_o;;

[edit]That's cool that the prez is going to be in your town...he's been in Ohio a lot but I still haven't gotten to see him in person -_-;; [/edit]

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    But why does it have to rain on my day off? It's summer... but it doesn't feel like it when it's this cold and rainy. I haven't even gone swimming yet this summer... and there's a lot of other things that I probably wanted to do but I just forgot about them. But on a day like today, there isn't much to do so I may read a book later as well...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Come to think of it I actually have two books to read for school, and an assignment for each of them...looks like I won't be playing my gamecube for a while x_x

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    How do you get work on the summer? Well looks like I will finally be starting homeschool this year, got into one to many fights this year so my mom thought this would be better for me

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Come to think of it I actually have two books to read for school, and an assignment for each of them...looks like I won't be playing my gamecube for a while x_x
    I have to do my summer reading too... but I'm glad that they aren't assigned books this year! I hate when they give you a certain book to read. We have to read one boook of our choice and a biography. What I always hated were summer math packets. In elementary school we would get those every summer... and I would make a deal with my dad that if I finished it all in one day I could get something from the store... and the answers we in the back of the packet... but I didn't cheat...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Wow dident chet...I somehow just dont belive it...then again not really to cheting...which is why i dont do it...much....

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I would hate to have more summer homework than I already have...I just hate that not only can they dig into so much of my time at home, but they can even stick it to me on summer break, which is pretty frustrating...last year I enjoyed reading the book I had for summer (Lord of the Flies) but these two are supposed to be very tedious and filled with southern dialect...they're supposed to have some grand message, too, but it's probably a bad one because all the books we read last year were slightly pro-anarchy...go figure, my english teacher is an ex-hippie -_____-;;;

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I liked the book I had to read last year too (Snow in August). It was one of the few summer reading books I actually read all of! The one I had to read before freshman year was too long and I only read about half of it. But I guess they changed the rules this year because only people going into honors or AP english have assigned reading...

And I didn't cheat on my math packets! The math on there was too easy anyway. I'm really good at math. The only reason I hated the packets was because they were long and annoying.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'll usually tear right through a book in a day or two if I really like it, but there have been books that I've had to read that have been absolutely painful...1984 for instance, never read that if you get the chance...I've been warned by AP English 12 people about books called Beloved and Heart of Darkness too, and about a book called The Awakening for 11th grade...there was a book in my 9th grade CP called Across Five Aprils that was so terrible that I couldn't even finish it...I got to page 90, quit, and it was so predictable that I got a 95 on the final exam o_O

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    95? Wow must have been one sucktaculair book then? Space oddesy is one of the ones i hate the most...so friggen boring....and yet i like oliver twist?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yeah, the book was terrible...imagine if you will a story about a woman and a child who have thick southern accents and spend all day planting, harvesting, and talking about the civil war...it bores me thinking about it.

My history teacher tried to have the whole class read A Tale of Two Cities when we studied the French Revolution, but all the slow kids read at such a slow pace that he had to abandon the project...I was enjoying it, but apparently nobody else did o_O

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    That is kinda strange how only me a few more kids in our class could acutally read fast...a..nd...not.....read....a ...wo...rd...this......slooooow.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    We were supposed to read A Tale of Two Cities last year too... but my teacher decided to only have the honors class read it. A lot of people in my class read pretty slow and asked questions about everything so it took forever to get through each book. But the books we did read were pretty good. Next year all we get to read is American lit.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I'd love to see the class try to read 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...it's a huge book and half of it is scientific descriptions of marine wildlife...good book though, but incredibly challenging.

American Lit? The books that I can remember that we're reading next year are all American lit, but I'm not sure if that'll be the case...I think we have a theme of awakening, but that's a pretty vague theme and eventually it'll just spiral down into anti-society books like we read last year probably -_-

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I know for a fact that every book I'm going to read in english next year is going to be American literature. English and history are tied together and history next year we're doing US history. At least I'll have a friend in my class next year... last year I didn't. And the girl who's gonna be in my class always gets stuck in the fun english classes! But with my luck it'll be a boring class...

I don't think there was a theme last year though. We read Macbeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream, A Seperate Peace, Lord of the Flies, Pygmalion, Canterbury Tales, and there's probably more... but I can't find any similar theme in those books...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back