• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damnatio Memoriae, De Novo

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    This is my incomplete NaNoWriMo from last November, so I apologize for the rawness of the story, it hasn't really been cut up or prettied up at all.. But enjoy! I'll be posting it in diffrent posts.

DAMNATIO MEMORIAE, DE NOVO

By Joshua Carlson

Prologue
    I couldn't open my eyes, or I was just too afraid too, it was like when you were in a pool and there was too much chlorine. I didn't want my eyes to burn, not like my throat was as I opened my mouth and let in everything around me. I felt like I was drowning in darkness, my head hurt, my body ached and I felt fiery inside.

This happens often. But, just like right now, Couldn't tell if I was really having another episode or if I was actually drowning. What had I been doing before this? I couldn't remember, nothing at all came to mind. My throat burned with cold, it felt horrible yet peaceful and solemn. Images started to stir around, merging and blending around my eyes, even though I couldn't see them I knew that they were there, they always were.

Strange, episodic viewings of someone, every time it was this person, and I always felt a strange link with him. A strange link with an even more peculiar stranger, it was stupid. I now dared to open my eyes, knowing that I shouldn't, I didn't want to see and at the same time I did.

Inner conflict was a problem with me, I knew I should do one thing when I wanted to do another. This was problematic and I knowingly do it, willingly. Do I like to rebel? I started to see the blurs of images spinning around and around. An untold, unwarranted story started to unfold before me. It was the same person, he was white with dark blond hair, his hair was cut short in back but was thick on top and spiked up. He wore a blue polo and a pair of black jeans this time. He was tall and lanky, he was talking on a cell phone.

It was a flip phone, I think. The man started to walk towards a bench, he was in some sort of dog park. I could tell because of all the noise that flooded my eardrums, barking and laughter, it made me feel warm within my ice cold body.

Someone stopped next to the guy, it was a similar age girl. The girl had strawberry blond hair, it hung down to her shoulders in curls, each curl looked like smooth velvet. She had a sunned complexion and wore a pink jacket, unzipped. She didn't seem to be happy, the girl bore a depressing atmosphere. What was wrong with her? I couldn't seem to tell, the guy seemed happy enough, he had long put his cell phone away and was now comforting the girl.

" It's going to be alright, Liz." The guy said, putting his arm around her.

The girl sniffled, she had long streams of tears dripping down her face.

"It's going to be alright"

And that was the last thing said before the images went away, my head started to really hurt and my throat felt warm and wet. The false world faded and the real world veered it's grotesque face, my eyes flew open, for real this time.

I was convulsing a little, shaking and twitching all over, I had little control of my body at this point. I tried to scream, but like always it just stayed inside of me, no real sound escaped my throat which was full of crimson fluid.

I started to cough up some blood, like always. It got all over the rim of my mouth, I could taste it's bitter copper aroma as much as I could smell it. Disgust washed over me, it was a terrible odor as well as taste, it made me mentally gag. Blood dribbled out my mouth and stained other areas of my face, it tickled, it set mostly on my chin and began it's process to dry. I felt for senses, I could move my hands and feet, the feeling of other limbs would probably return shortly, after my body recovered the episode.

As I felt a surge of feeling surround my body like an electric field, I let myself up and started walking in the direction of the bathroom, I wanted to clean this blood off of me quickly, before it got all sticky and nasty.

I opened the washroom door and headed towards the sink, I stepped on the stool and reached for the faucet, turning it left which ended up making the water quite warm. I splashed some water on my face to clean up the blood, I knew It would take more then water to get it off my face, so I grabbed a towel off the towel rack. It was a small baby blue hand towel, it wasn't rough like most of the towels.

As I scrubbed the crimson fluid that stained my face, I looked in the mirror, I was the same thing as always. I'm short and scrawny, bleach blond hair that reaches the middle of my neck and glacier blue eyes, I'm only seven and they tell me I'll grow a lot more, but I don't really like to wait.

I discarded the sullied hand towel into the hamper and yawned. Judging by the fact I was in pajamas and that I was tired, I would have to guess that it was the middle of the night. I flicked the light switch down as I passed it and closed the restroom door behind me.

I headed back to my bedroom, without adjusting any lights, I leaped into bed and pulled the covers over me, it felt cozy. I let myself fall under the spell of slumber and quickly found myself in the odd world of dreams, and nightmares. When I woke up, I would want to be well rested, as anyone would want to be.

I had a very strange dream, it was basically carbon copy of the images that I experienced before hand, yet more vague. I remembered it all at this point, and decided to write this one down as well. I usually wrote down what things I experienced during my episodes, to help me feel more on track and on top of things.

What time was it? I looked at my red alarm clock which I just now realized was blaring, I guess I had tuned it out for the most part. I merely shrugged, not really caring. I walked over to it and pressed the snooze button.

It was seven thirty in the morning, average time for a school day maybe, but this was a Saturday which meant I could wake up whenever. Why I hadn't was beyond me, I decided to go ahead with the day anyway, even though it was so very early. I stripped out of my pajamas and then looked through my closet and my drawers for something to wear, I fished out a pair of blue jeans and a freshly washed green camouflage shirt, it was sleeveless.

Realizing the error of this I also managed to find a dark blue jacket from my closet, it was somewhere between twenty and forty degrees out today and I didn't really want to catch some kind of cold.

I exited my room and headed down the hallway, I quickly realized how cold the floor really was and cursed myself for not looking into socks before leaving the safe, warm comfort of my cabin room.

I looked down at the floor in disgust, who's idea was it anyway, to have wooden floors, they seemed to make for good conductors of all things chilly. I debated whether or not to go grab some socks, I ended up saying that I would just go on ahead.

I headed towards the front of the cabin, where the oh so wonderful kitchen was supposed to be. It all looked so antique compared to his usual living conditions, where temperature was well regulated and food was prepared in a much more advanced environment.

Why did he even have to be here? Why couldn't they just stay back at home and live in ease. His uncles logic evaded him, in the highest means.

I started to tear through lower cabinets, looking for something to eat for breakfast, since it seemed that no one else was up yet. I found a pop tart in one of the lower cabinets and ended up pocketing it. I then grabbed the jug of pineapple juice from the fridge, I very carefully poured a glass.

A few sips later and I was at peace, not a care in the world, just kicking it and having breakfast. What would I do today? Snow was carefully flowing down to earth, right outside the window to my left, it was boring yet beautiful. What was there to do in snow anyway? It was just too cold to maneuver in and too cold to really do anything in. So stupid.

It made me wish that I could move to a nice peaceful, always warm place where the sun shined all day long. No such luck, according to uncle, no such place even existed. Something about axis and the sun and space and stuff like that, totally boring facts. I put my cup carefully in the sink, not wanting it to make a loud noise when it went in. The more time I had to just relax and not worry about today, the longer I could feel calm. And the longer I felt calm, the less likely I was to have an episode.

I yawned. I headed to the main room of the cabin, I wasn't really that tired, it was just too early. I sat on the brown leather couch, it was huge, a four seater. I wondered if this place got cable, I doubted it, I didn't even see a T.V. I frowned, this was going to be one boring morning.

My mind kept managing to sink back to the night before, with my latest episode, I just couldn't help but think about it. My uncle had said that I should just try to forget the strange dreams I had during the episodes, easier said then done.

Note: I LOOOOVE Critique, any comment can be a good one for me! I love to improve. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Chapter One: DIEM PERDIDI

Yesterday sucked, today is sucking too. Maybe I should elaborate, I spent all of yesterday waiting for him, to finish whatever business he had to do and never ended up doing anything with him. I spent yesterday, lying down, bored. But that wasn't too bad, compared to today.

Today I had to go see some doctor, we were finally going back home, and that was a positive, the only positive. I'm sick of the cold, and on top of that, having to see the doctor? Life is out to get me these days.

I sat on the rubber sheet thing, on a high bench, waiting for the doctor to come. Uncle had just said he would come and pick me up afterwards, real encouraging. I hoped I didn't have to change into one of those stupid hospital gowns like last time I was here, those things really sucked.

I kicked by feet up and down, trying to entertain myself past anxiety. To no such luck, because when the door knob jiggled, I was anxious. I saw the doctor let himself in, he was wearing a white coat, nothing new there,

The doctor came in and started with the normal procedures, looking in my throat, ears and eyes, testing my reflexes and et cetera. This was so boring, for real. But something interesting did end up happening, or something out of the ordinary.

The doctor ended up asking me about my episodes, which he called something like narc-o-litic, I didn't know what he was talking about until he rephrased it, passing out. I told him that I had one the previous night, I had them somewhat spaced out, like… once a month, mostly.

He just nodded and asked me about it, I told him that I had seen the same person from my other ones, he wrote some stuff down and just nodded. He frowned and said he'd be right back.

I sighed when he left the room, this was so boring. I looked around the office, there were come doctor supplies in the cabinets, there was a trashcan and then there was a sink. The wall paper was dull, just plain white.

I kicked my feet, waiting for the doctor to return and say whatever he had to say. It ended up being a good ten minutes before the doctor came back with a cloth, from the cloth he pulled out a syringe.

He told me to flex my arm, I begrudgingly complied. He slowly stuck the needle in, I quickly looked away and closed my eyes, I winced the entire time. He took the now empty needle out of my arm and threw it in the garbage can behind him.

" All done." He said with a sense of being monotone.

I didn't reply, rubbing the place where he stuck me with the needle, frowning. I looked at him, he was writing stuff down again, I couldn't tell what.

He put a band aid over my wound and patted it, he told me that I could leave. I got up off the bench, I opened the door and headed toward the main room of the office. I could see uncle waiting, no emotion on his face, just a frown.

" Hi." I mumbled, not really knowing what to say.

He didn't say anything, he just started walking, which told me I should follow him. Sometimes I wondered if uncle was all there, he seemed over stressed most of the time and didn't seem to like to talk, even on the phone he sounded like it pained him.

But he was a nice guy if you got to know him, he always made sure I was happy, he was just a busy guy.

He walked completely out of the office and I followed quickly behind, he pushed the elevator button and waited for it to come down.

" Does it hurt?"

That surprised me, I didn't expect him to ask.

" Yeah.." I replied, heavy hearted.

" I'll get you some ice cream, as a treat."

" Thanks." I smiled, I think I saw him smile too, which he rarely did.

It made me feel warm inside.

I got in with him in the elevator and watched as he pressed the button for ground floor, the elevator hummed in compliance and started to move downwards through all the floors. It seemed to go on forever, floor after floor, funny that we never stopped and picked anyone up.

We finally reached the bottom floor and the door opened, no one was waiting to use this one, we stepped out and headed towards the front exit. I waved to the receptionist lady who was on the phone, she smiled and waved back in a friendly manner, I grinned and ended up almost whacking my head on the front door.

Uncle chuckled and held the door open for me to pass through, I rubbed my head a little, even though no contact had actually been made. I walked with him through the parking lot, wondering where his car was. We finally found it, it was new and shiny silver, it was a convertible. I got in the back seat and buckled up, he started up the car. I was glad we would actually get to do something together. We almost never got the chance.

I looked out the window, scenes passing by, it was almost the same feeling as having one of my episodes. Save for the feeling of drowning, of course. I frowned.

After several minutes of driving we entered a small shopping strip, supposedly there was an ice cream shop around the strip, somewhere. I unlocked the side door by me, I opened it and stepped out of the car, feeling pleasant. Uncle got out of his side of the car and closed it, locking it with his clicker.

" This way." He said grinning, motioning for me to follow him to the ice cream store.

I nodded, even though I knew that he wouldn't see it, just a subconscious thing. I followed quickly behind him, not wanting to get to far behind. He never looked relaxed while walking, like he was being constantly evaluated or something. It was strange, and a little funny looking to tell the truth. I just grinned, suppressing a snicker.

" What flavor do you think you'll get?" He asked calmly.

" I dunno, probably strawberry. Maybe vanilla." I replied, strawberry was my favorite but I also liked vanilla sometimes.

He nodded and continued walking, his eyes scanning for the shop.

" What flavor are you getting?" I asked, wondering if adults really liked ice cream or not.

" Rocky road." He said.

" What's that?" I asked, confused.

" It's like vanilla and chocolate and nuts." He said as his eyes finally locked on a store, to our left.

" Gross." I said making a twisted face, to exclaim my discuss for nuts.

He just chuckled and walked on. I followed, seeing the store right up ahead, it was a pretty generic shop called " The parlor" it looked pretty dull, but probably was chock full of good flavors.

Uncle opened the door, holding it for me to come through, I closed the door behind me and walked in, the aroma of so many flavors hitting me all at once, it was wonderful. I sighed with pleasure, not being able to wait for my cone. There didn't seem to be any line, I guess not a lot of people came here, the workers seemed glad to see some customers.

" What'll it be boys?" asked a middle aged woman with a southern accent.

" One strawberry and one rocky road, medium cones. Please." Uncle said, fishing around his pockets for a wallet. I went to find a good table, I picked one near the cyan colored wall. I sat down and waited for uncle to pay for the ice cream, messing around with some of the napkins in the holders.

I tried to make some sort of origami thing, but to no avail, it wasn't surprising as I had never done any like that. I sighed, T.V wasn't an excellent source of learning arts. Uncle started to walk back to the table, he had two cones in his hand, he handed me mine.

" Thanks." I said as I started to lick the ice cream off the cone.

" Your welcome." He said, biting into his own cone.

It seemed so strange to be having ice cream in the dead of winter, especially since how cold it seemed to be outside. It was kind of cold inside too, I'm glad I wore my jacket.

" So how's school?" He asked, looking interested.

" Good, it's kind of boring though." I said, my attention on the cone.

" Yeah, I know." He said in understanding and sympathy.

" Doing multiplication." I said with disgust, I despised math class, so stupid.

" That sucks." He said, taking a big bite out of his ice cream.

" Yeah." I mumbled, I was already half way done, I worked quickly.

Silence surrounded us for the next several minutes, we were eating our ice cream and no good conversational pieces seemed to come to our minds at the time. It was kind of awkward, but okay at the same time. Strange feeling that is, too see how awkward something is and be okay, or even relieved by it.

And then something broke the silence, I had finished my cone and had tried to ask him something, and then his cell phone rung. He answered it, flipping it open and asking who it was. He nodded for a few seconds, he gave me a glance, as if to say " Sorry" and talked for several minutes about something. After a few minutes he got up and told me that he'd be back in a few minutes and to just wait here. I nodded and stayed seated, disappointed on how a simple phone call had ruined this rare outing.

I twiddled my thumbs and rapped my knuckles on the table, waiting for him to finish up his call. Minutes passed, still alone, I mumbled incoherent words that even I didn't understand, just mumbling gibberish to pass time. I started to wonder what was taking so long, when he came back, cell phone no longer at his ear and him fishing around for his car keys.

" Ready to go?" He asked.

" Yeah." I mumbled, walking toward the exit.
    " Thanks for the ice cream, it was good." Uncle said to the employees.

" Thanks for the income." The southern accented woman commented back jokingly and then she added. " Come back any time!"

I waved good bye to be polite and then walked with uncle up to his car, still wondering what the call had been about.

" Well that was fun." Uncle said, smiling.

" Yep." I agreed.

I got in the back seat again and buckled up, he closed my door and headed toward the front. I looked out the window. He got in his seat and shut the door, he then proceeded to start the car up and head out of the parking lot.

I watched the images of the outside world blur by quickly, it was interesting. I wondered what would happen now, that we were returning home and that we didn't have any prior plans.

" What're we doing when we get home?" I asked him, still staring out the window.

" Well, I have to go to a meeting, so your going to be at home alone for a little bit" He told me, stopping at a red light.

I didn't say anything, I was kind of disappointed that this would be the only thing that we did together today, cause his meetings took forever. I would be home alone for a couple of hours, I guess I'd play games or something.

" What's the meeting about?" I asked.

" I'm not sure, yet." He said, discreetly.

I didn't press the subject, I just pressed my head up against the side window and closed my eyes tiredly. I wanted to just go to sleep when we got home, because when you sleep time goes by faster then if you were awake and a time warp was just what I wanted to have to escape this boring reality for a while.

" Tired?"

" Yeah."

Nothing else was said on the car ride home, that almost made me kind of glad.

We walked into the building and headed towards the elevator, it took forever to get from the parking lot into this building. Uncle always had to show the security officers so many cards, it was annoying.

I pressed the up button on the elevator before uncle got the chance to. I also pressed the floor button, beating him again to it. I kind of grinned, beating him to the punch was fun.

We arrived at our designated floor before not to long, I stepped off the elevator and tripped, hitting my face on the cold tile.

" Oww…" I groaned getting up.

Uncle helped me up and took a look at my face, lucky for me there were no wounds.

" Geez.. Need to watch yourself champ." He said, patting me on the head.

I mumbled something incoherent again, he didn't take notice. We walked towards our room, it was at the end of the hall way, doors passed by quickly and we finally hit the end of the hall.

Uncle put the key card in the slot and slid it up, the door unlocked and let us in. I automatically headed toward my room, determined to sleep some. Uncle on the other hand went to wash up for his meeting.

I flopped on my bed, stomach down and closed my eyes, it was comfortable. I breathed in and out a few times, deeply. This was nice. I barely heard the door click as uncle left for his meeting, I just wanted to forget about everything and to just fall asleep.

For several minutes I just tried to fall asleep, easier said then done, I just couldn't fall asleep for some reason. I frowned and sat up, maybe I should turn the lights out first…

I turned the light switch down and blindly walked back to my bed, ready to just fall asleep and stay asleep for the remainder of today. I flopped back into bed, I could feel myself grow more tired, I knew I'd be able to sleep now and that was a comfort all it's own.

Now it didn't take long for me to fall asleep, I began to fall deep under sleeps spell as I was thrown deeper and deeper into the world of dreams. I would finally be able to rest today, and by the time I would wake up, Uncle would be back from his meeting.

At least I hoped, by that time, he'd be back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Chapter Two: DUCENT VOLENTUM FATA, NOLENTEM TRAHUNT

Note: I am fully aware of the error in the above Latin phrase, due to the Pokecommunity's censor it will not allow me to spell it correctly. Sorry for the error.

It was early when I woke up, I heard people talking in the main room, I yawned a little and got up out of the bed. I changed into a pair of jeans and a jacket. I looked at the digital clock on my night stand, it was past the time for school. I was confused, why hadn't uncle woken me up? It was Monday, a school day.

I walked out of my room and into the main room, the talking ceased and all eyes were on me. I didn't recognize any of them, one of them looked like a doctor, one of them looked like a cop and the last one looked like a business type guy. I frowned, why were they here? What did they want? Where was my uncle?

" David?" The police officer asked me, I hadn't seen him before.

" Yes?" I answered wearily, I knew I shouldn't talk to strangers, but he was a police officer.

" You may want to sit down." He told me.

" Okay." I obliged.

I sat on the couch and looked at the police officer, he looked like he was in a state of dread.

" Your uncle was shot last night, he's in critical condition right now." The officer said slowly, trying to make sure that I understood what was being said, I did understand.

" Is he going to be okay?" I asked, fighting back some tears.

" We're not sure." He admitted.

" Oh. Cant I see him?" I asked him.

" Not right now, maybe later." He said.

I wanted to ask more, but I just couldn't. This whole thing was so mentally exhausting, I wanted to go back to sleep. I stood up, maybe this would be just a bad dream or something. But I knew I wouldn't be that lucky, lady luck wasn't so nice to me. Which really sucked.

" Are you going to be alright by yourself, here?" The officer asked me.

" Yeah. I'll be fine." I said.

" I'm going back to bed." I added mumbling, heading toward my room.

I flopped back on my bed, I hated this. I felt like crying, I felt like sobbing. But I couldn't for some reason, I was too emotionally exhausted to cry, I just wanted to curl up in my bed and cease to exist. Existing took too much work, it was too horrible.

I woke up later that night, I had just been getting tons of sleep lately, I felt energized now. My mind tried to recap and I then remembered that my uncle was at risk of dying, like at any minute. I tried not to think about it as I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen, I was kind of hungry.

I opened up the fridge and grabbed a bottle of cold green tea from the bottom, I then grabbed a tupware container. I opened the container up and grimaced, it was meatloaf, I couldn't even remember the last time we had meatloaf.

I just shook my head, uncle sucked at managing the kitchen, I tried not to think about that. I put the meatloaf back and went into hyper search mode, I was able to find half a container full of new England clam chowder, it tasted like potato soup, except it had clam meat, very tasty.

I put the container on the counter and dug around the drawers for a clean spoon, I found one and put it in the container. I grabbed my green tea and then proceeded to walk out of the kitchen, heading to the main room.

I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV, I flipped through some channels. I spooned some of the cold chowder into my mouth, it was tasty. I took a sup of tea, I kept flipping the channels, nothing good was ever on.

I frowned and turned it to come random cartoon, I couldn't really pay attention to it as I was too deep in thought at the moment. I sighed and kept eating, I knew that at some point I would have to accept the fact that my uncle might die, and then what would happen to me? I could only guess what would become of me, but I doubted it was good.

I would be an orphan, wouldn't I? The thought made me shiver, that I might end up as some poor street urchin waiting for someone to adopt me, some stranger. I didn't want to end up with some stranger, the thought really scared me, some person who I didn't know.

I turned the TV off, it wasn't making me feel better. I finished my soup and sipped the last of my tea, what could I do now, I needed to rest my mind on something, but I couldn't.

I growled, frustrated at not being able to concentrate on something else. But why should I be able to? Uncle was like a father to me, he ended up being my father after my parents died. I couldn't remember my parents, I had been five when it happened, that's what uncle said. Then I had stayed with uncle up until now, but I could only remember the last few months of this. I wish I could remember all the years before this, it made me feel like I had started my life at this age. I kind of did.

I had apparently lived with uncle for about two years, and then about four months ago I had my first episode, the effects were so bad I lost my entire memory of life before. Ever since then they come about once a month and aren't nearly as bad, the doctor said I had adjusted to them and they would tone down each time.

I can't remember a vision from the very first one. I can't even remember that night, just the morning after, so much blood and pain. So much confusion. I rubbed my head, just trying to remember all this gave me a major head ache.

I laid all the way down, there was no way I'd be able to sleep again for some time. I had slept from afternoon to morning and from morning to night, that was a lot of time and I was too rejuvenated to sleep now. This sucked, no way to escape the cold truth of the reality I was currently chained too.

I got up off the couch and then gagged, I fell on my side, my eyes rolled into the back of my head. ****.

Drowning, I think I'm drowning. I can't open my eyes, or at least I don't want to. I just cant. I feel something freezing in my throat, my inside feel boiled. I gagged a little. What had I been doing? Was I swimming? Or was it an episode. I really couldn't tell. I tried to scream out, but my mouth wouldn't work. I felt like I was going to die, and then I started to see them.

Spinning around me so fast, so terribly fast. The images blurred and mixed together, they didn't look like they'd be slowing down any time soon. What would I see? What kind of images would fill me up, like the way words fill a page.

Everything started to slow down, everything started to unravel. A scene began to play out for me, I was the only audience of this little show.

There he was, the main protagonist of this theatre. Blond hair, spiked up, beaten up clothes. And besides him was that one girl, and by her another guy, who looked nothing like the protagonist, he was Latino. Maybe Italian, he had long black hair but the same scraggly clothes.

" Sup?" Asked the protagonist, looking for something in his pockets.

" Nothin' much." The Italian one said.

" Is anyone after you, right now?" The protagonist asked quietly and calmly.

" No. Not right now." He replied.

" Good. Need any help?"

" No… Everything's cool right now, no feds and no crips."

" we're going to be late." Mumbled the girl from the other vision, she looked impatient.

" True." Agreed the protagonist.

" I better be going then." The Italian said.

" Later then, Noah."

The visions started to dim, that was the end of the vision, apparently. I couldn't just be fabricating this, there had to be a logical source to me having these visions. Maybe I was reading the minds of people from elsewhere, or something.

My eyes flung open, I had woken up from my seizure and now I had to wait for my body to catch up to speed, it took a much shorter time then the other night.

Surprising. I got up and went to go wash the blood off, well I thought of doing that, but I thought ' What's the point' I mean, I'd reached rock bottom at this point. Nothing let to do but wait for something.

I had plenty of time to myself now, what should I spend it doing? I decided that the best thing to do would be to look over my past journal entries and see If there were more to them then met the eye. I had nothing to lose, at this point.

I looked over at the coffee table I was near by, I saw the empty bottle of green tea and Tupperware container sitting there empty. That sucked, I apparently had something to eat and now I couldn't remember how good it was. I grumbled and picked the stuff up, to go throw away.

As I walked toward the kitchen, I saw something on the floor, it was a scrap of paper. I picked it up and pocketed it without a second thought, I threw the green tea bottle in the trash can and placed the Tupperware container in the sink, rinsing it out a little.

I walked back into the living room and looked at myself a little, I was wearing jeans and a jacket, I guess I hadn't changed recently. I shrugged, it didn't really matter to me that much, hygiene.

I started to briskly walk to my room, turning on a few lights on my way there, it was too dark in here as it was. I opened my door and flipped my overhead light switch, bright light engulfed my eyes as I walked in. I looked around the room, it was a mess as usual, nothing out of the ordinary about that. I started to look around my room.

Where could it be? I bit my lip, this was important. I threw some clothes around, trying to find it. I finally managed to locate the darn thing, it was hidden under my bed, half open. I picked it up and sat on my bed, the coils were silent. I opened the journal up and flipped through a few pages where I was just drawing stuff, I came across the journal entries.

August 4th, 2010

I had an episode last night, it was scary. I felt like I was drowning. I ended up bleeding, it hurt. I had a dream during it, I saw this spiky, blond haired kid in a black jacket. He was smoking, and talking to some guy with short brown hair and his hands in his jean pockets. It kind of went like this.

" You know what turf we're on right now?" Blond guy asked.

" Bloods. I think." The black haired guy said.

" And that isn't a problem?" The blond guy asked, smoking.

" We're cool with the Bloods, some sort of alliance. For now at least." Black hair said.

" I guess that means we watch out for the Crips." Blond said.

" And the Kings." Black said.

" Oh. You packing?"

" Yeah."

" Good."

And then it ended, it was really weird. I'm still getting used to this.

I nodded in some remembrance, these things are hard to remember. I flipped the page.

September 1st, 2010

I had another one, this one didn't hurt as much. Still scary, I hope it stops.

I saw the same blond guy, he was smoking again. He was in a bright room, looked run down. He was doing something with guns. He was talking to a weird guy in blue.

" So how much profit do you plan to drizzle down to us?" Blue guy said.

" None." Blond responded.

" Well, funny guy are you? I think we'd be good with about… Oh say, Eighty percent of the profit." Blue said, knife in hand.

" **** that." Blond said, smirking.
    " You want to die?" Blue said, ready to use his knife.

" I'll have your money. Eighty percent." Blond said.

" That's more like it, *****." The blue guy said, turning to leave.

" Go to hell." Blond muttered.

" What did you say-

But blue was cut off as he was in a half turn, Blond had a big pistol in his hand and he had just shot blue, once, twice and THUD.

" Eighty percent, my ass."

I didn't like that one, it was too loud. Too scary.

I don't know why, but I felt like I had grown a lot since I wrote these, It was only a few months ago. But I was scoffing at my prior childless, so…strange. I shuddered and turned the page once more, a few pictures. I flipped through several pages of pictures until I reached the next journal entry. I think that back then, I was starting to grasp the horrible things that I was forced to view, I think I was adapting to it.

I started to read the next one, trying to remember what my next journal entry had been about. What vision had it been?

October 12th, 2010

It wasn't so bad this time. I think I'm getting used to it now, I'm glad. This one was just confusing though. Better then violence. It kind of started off as the blond guy, he was talking about something weird on a phone.

" I know the crips are pissed. But we have bigger problems right now, and if we're not careful it won't be the Crips that put us down." Blond said, quietly.

" I can't say much about it, I don't know if they're listening or not. It's too risky, meet me at the old department store down in Brooklyn. Yeah, that one." Blond mumbled, looking shiftily around.

" No. I don't think you'll need a heater, tell the others to come. Okay? Good, you're my man, Noah." Blond finished, putting his phone away.

" If we're not careful…" Blond sighed.

That was the end of it, I wonder what it meant. Uncle says these people are all in my imagination, they just seem to real though. Oh well.

What were Crips anyway? Brooklyn was in New York, I knew that at least. I decided I would look it up, it might be vital. I flipped over a page, to my most recent episode.

November 7th, 2010

I think it happened in my sleep this time, I woke up in my bed, blood everywhere. The dream was out of the normal, had a girl in it, which seemed strange. I dunno.

Same guy, he was putting away the phone from the last dream. He was wearing a polo and jeans, he was in a park. He sat at a bench with a girl, she had pretty hair.

" It's going to be alright, Liz." Blond said.

The girl just cried and held onto him.

" It's going to be alright."

That was all, pretty weird stuff. Gotta go.

This one was the most familiar, because it was only about three days old. I think it was three days, I couldn't really tell anymore, time meant nothing. I decided to write down the episode I just had about twenty minutes ago, it was still fresh in my mind.

My pen met the paper and kept writing, not stopping to break. I wanted to get this stuff on the paper, I wanted it to be recorded. I had to figure this out, every piece of information was useful. Every part would help me.

Every part.

I finished the journal entry and took it with me to the main room, there was a computer in there. I sat down in the wheeled desk chair, I turned the computer on. I opened up a browser and slowly typed in the search engine ' Crips' I pressed enter and waited a second. We had really fast internet connection, since it was a big part of Uncles work.

I clicked on one of the links, and started to read the information that began to pop up. I was a relatively slow reader, it took me forever to reach the interesting part, but once I did, my eyes popped up.

The crips were a gang that dressed in blue, which meant that blond had killed one of them. I looked at my entries again, I typed in ' Bloods' as well. Once again, after a little reading, I realized that they were enemies with the Crips and that they wore red.

Blood territory? Alliance with the Bloods against the Crips? And something to do with kings. No sense. At all. I was so confused.
    Should I type in kings?

What kind of things would come up for kings? Images of royalty came to my head, but what if I typed in ' New York Kings' would something useful pop up? This did take place in New York apparently.

I bit my lip and typed it in, hitting the search button. All that came up was some area called Kings county and I doubted that this had to do with that, or maybe it did?

I looked over it, it said to watch out for the kings. That could mean not to go to kings county. I frowned, this was not satisfying. I decided to write that down as a possibility. I next typed in ' Gang Kings' and got something more interesting. It seemed that the Latin Kings were a gang, but they were in Chicago. Was Chicago in New York? I didn't think so.

I looked up a map. Apparently Chicago was a city in Illinois, as well as Africa. I groaned, this was a dead end. Why would a gang that was in Chicago be in New York? That didn't make much sense, or maybe it did. I looked at some more information about the Latin kings, apparently they did branch off to New York in the 1990's.

So it did make some sense, I was starting to piece this together! Piece, by gritty piece. I looked at what I was at now. Apparently, Blond haired guy seemed to be in an alliance with the Bloods, against the Crips and weary of the Latin Kings.

Based off of what Blond was doing, apparently he was a gun vendor. That's why he had all of those guns in that room, and that must've been what the Crips wanted the profit from. Illegal gun sales!

My head felt a little heavy, why I could come to the conclusions was strange. I was only seven, I was doing this too easy.

Wasn't I? I knew what illegal gun sales were. Too much television. Too many video games, music and comic books, the news. All these things were common to teach kids about these things, I guess that's where I got it. I nodded in agreement with myself.

Did I need to look anything else up? I looked down at the little clock on the computer, it read three in the morning. I frowned, I had never even been able to stay up this late.

I had forever right now, and I was running out of clues, I couldn't just look up these people. I grumbled. At this point, there was nothing I could do but jump to false conclusions.

Was it disturbing that I had barely thought of my uncle this evening? I cared about him a lot but I felt like he was already dead. Like I was doing something to avenge his shooter, that's one mystery I should worry about. Not my weird episodic dreams about gangs, I should worry about real life. Shouldn't I?

I should. But I can't. This is just too addicting, I need to figure this out, I need to know. Who are these people and why are they showing up in my episodes. No solid answer, no source to look at. This majorly sucked, nothing to do. Nothing at all. Might as well…

Be dead to the world right now.

My eyes fluttered open, I looked around myself. When exactly had I fallen asleep? I was laying on the floor next to the computer, it was noon, I think. The room was too cold and I felt hungry, not a good way to start the morning.

I guess my first quest was to find some food, that I was capable of making. Breakfast or lunch? I then asked myself the question, did it matter? I was on my own right now, I could do whatever I want. I could have ice cream for breakfast and no one would catechize me.

I walked into the kitchen area, I looked in the fridge and grabbed a mountain dew. What was the point of drinking healthy? I also grabbed a bag of cheese crackers from the pantry. I carried the stuff into main room, yeah… This was certainly the breakfast of champions. I rolled my eyes in self sarcasm, got to love the dew though.

I popped the dew open and sipped at it, it was acidic, in a tasty way. It felt good on my frozen throat, it also warmed my iced heart. I opened the crackers, I felt like I was having a snack, this stuff didn't make a meal. I shrugged, who cared what I had for breakfast, even I didn't care.

I munched down for about thirty minutes, I started to feel full so I left the crackers on the table. I turned on the T.V, what's the point? I knew nothing would be on anyway. I just turned it back off in despair. Maybe I needed some fresh air, I didn't even know what day it was. It was too early to be out, since I was supposed to be in school about now.

Damn.

Whoa, where did that come from? I didn't like to swear… Uncle said it was vulgar. I guess I was slipping on my manners and all that.

I went to the balcony and looked down it, I was on the thirtieth floor, everything looked tiny from here.

" Wow." I muttered.

I went back inside, not wanting to tempt fate into killing me. This place was so boring now, T.V sucked, computer sucks, can't figure anything out. What was I supposed to do now?

A small voice told me that I was supposed to figure things out, but I knew that all details were already dealt with, details that I could deal with at least. Why was this so hard, why couldn't I figure out what was going on? Why was my uncle on the brink of death, why was I being so calm about it? Why were gangs after blond?

Nothing made sense anymore, nothing at freaking all. I need to relax, or something. I needed human contact, someone who would take all the stress off my mind.

Yeah, that's what I needed now. Less stress, that would be perfect. Absolute. Yeah.

What could I do to start some human contact? I mean, I needed to really get something in so I wouldn't be so stressed. But it wasn't like I could just go out somewhere, considering that it was against the law on account of truancy.

I thought for a good couple of minutes, what could I do to relieve my stress besides human contact. I wasn't exactly sure and the fact that I wasn't sure didn't help. I grumbled, what was to do now? What could I possibly do now.

I thought about this, thinking was hard work for me at the time. It was only adding to the stress that was weighing me down so very severely. I sighed, there wasn't any hope for me, just doubt and self destruction.

What would I do, now that I couldn't just rely on thinking about my visions. That was officially a dead end. Considering that I had stressed my options on that, I had already decoded everything I could. I couldn't just get names or anything.

It didn't work that way, it just didn't. I looked around my self, I wondered if someone might call or something. That would be some nice human contact, it would be pleasuring. It really would soothe my mind, it would ease my soul.

For someone to call and tell me that my uncle wasn't going to die and that they had apprehended the ones responsible for shooting him and putting him in the hospital in the first place. I could only wish that would happen, but that was the kind of thing that only happened in sickeningly sweet fairy tails. That sucked, majorly.

I sighed, I did that a lot. I guess that's because there was a lot to sigh about in this world of ours. There was no argument about that, that's for sure. What a world, that was a true statement in my eyes. It reflected what this world really turned out to be, what this world really ended up being.

A place where you either kill everyone else or get shot in the beginning of the game. Sickening that our race had sunken low enough to that, to the point where we had to either kill or be killed?

It was sickening indeed, this world deserved better then that. Much better then that, why couldn't the world be in my vision? I pure vision where people can all co-exist in harmony.

What a world that would be.

A completely unrealistic world, a world where things like that couldn't happen. Kind of depressing to think about.

I started to think of this, why was I still just pondering things. I should be doing something about this, but I was just sitting around, doing nothing. I sighed at my own laziness, my own inability to help myself and possibly many others.

It really frustrated me. I looked around, what time was it? I had lost track, of everything. Reality was irrelevant to me right now, the only thing that mattered was me doing something.

What was that something? I hadn't the faintest clue, I had so many things to do and so many people to help, I just didn't know where to start. I suppose I should try to continue my research on my dreams.

But I needed another lead, and those didn't just come out of no where. I couldn't believe I was actually wanting an episode to happen, everything had flipped, nothing kept similarity.

But even if I had a vision, I wouldn't remember this revelation, maybe I should keep a constant journal of life, incase it could happen at any give time. I bit my lip, I flipped to a further page in my notebook and wrote down what I had just pondered for the last thirty minutes or so, this would help me if I fell into an episode any time soon.

I would be able to determine what I was supposed to be doing. Yes, this was for the better of me, it was indefinitely helpful. I looked out the window, darkness was beginning to creep out, which was strange.

Hadn't it been early morning just a while back? My rubbed my head, I really needed to get a good grasp on reality. Yeah, that'd be helpful. I decided to get something to drink, I headed into the kitchen and grabbed a can of soda, it was generic coke or something. I opened up the can and sipped on the content.

Maybe I should go see Uncle tomorrow, at the hospital, that'd help me take my mind off things. I nodded in self approval, this was the kind of outing I needed, I had forgot how long I had really been cooped up in here and it was a bad surprise, to say the least.

Why couldn't I just stay here? Well that was an easy self conflict to answer, even though I wanted to stay in my secure little bubble, I couldn't ignore what went on around me, I had to accept the facts that the world sucked. Even though it would hurt, a lot.

I frowned, why was it so hard to do? It just didn't make any sense. really. I knew what had to be done, why couldn't I accept it? Why did I have minimal care for my Uncle at this point? He was the only relative I technically only knew, the only guardian and I was just discarding him from my emotions, I was a horrible person, to say the least.

I got up from my chair of despair, I ignored the rhyme that had just went off in my head. I cracked my knuckles, a bad habit that I admitted to, and accepted. I went into my room, and wrote a few things down in my journal, mainly some goals for the next week.

Thursday, November XX, 2010

Week goals:

- Find new leads.
    - See Uncle.
    - Get some Air.
    - Get better sleep pattern.

I put the journal beneath my bed, hiding it, even though I didn't think anyone was after it. I guess I was just a paranoid person.

I turned off the headlight and pulled some blankets over myself, preparing myself for a nice sleep session, I really needed it, really needed it. I closed my eyes, hoping for some sleep.

No dice.

All I could do is reenact the scene of the morning when I was told that Uncle had been shot and that he was now in extensive care.

How I had been so emotionless, how I had cowered and just went back to bed, hoping it was just a bad dream, how naive I had been mere days ago. I felt so much more aware, older, more mature. I wanted to sleep, that was for sure, but I mostly wanted...

I wanted to heal, I wanted to feel real, I wanted.

I didn't remember going to sleep last night, I guess it just eventually happened which is good considering I really needed the rest.

I yawned, my room was still a little dark, I got up out of my bed and felt around the wall for the light switch, I flicked it up. The whole room was filled with a blinding light, I covered my eyes, I shielded them from the treason of the sharpness, the sharpness of the light.

It hurt, I grumbled and walked out of my room, heading directly for the kitchen, I needed something to eat. Now.

I pulled opened some cabinets, I didn't know what I wanted at this point, I at least wanted something to drink, my throat felt dry and hot.

I got some milk out of the fridge, skim, I put it on the counter and then proceeded to look for something to actually eat, to fill the emptiness in my sleep. I deserved that much, didn't I? I deserved sustenance, I deserved the fuel it took to survive. I felt so confused, why did my throat burn?

Why was I so empty inside? I felt like crying, my body felt so broken, I felt so alone. No tears escaped, nothing but a sad, pathetic look on my face. I poured myself a glass of milk and put the milk up, I wasn't that hungry, not anymore.

I lapped the thin milk up quickly, feeling it soothe my burning throat, it felt sweet, it tasted sweet. I smiled, some things were still right, some things.

I looked around, I needed something else, I needed something to calm me on the inside. I turned on the Television and flipped it to the news, wondering what was new in the world of medicine.

Hopefully nothing too new, I snickered. Why was I laughing? I didn't even know why, I must be on a natural high or something, nothing was making sense. I just laughed some more and closed my now burning eyes shut.

My body was on fire, I could deal with it, it would be fine. The pain made me feel real. It helped, very much.

I just writhed in it, I didn't know if I was screaming at this point or not, I didn't care, the burning felt gratifying. It felt lifting, lifting me from all the terrors of my world.

My uncle, my dreams and the coldness that secretly dwelled in my heart, my stone black heart, wanting to escape and destroy me.

I laughed, at least on the inside, I think I was screaming on the outside. I probably was, the pain was miserable and showed no mercy. I liked it, chains were lapping over me, chaining me to reality once again, reminding me of what everything was.

Reminding me that I was real and that I was in danger, for some reason. It all seemed so stupid if I thought about it, I was dying, I think.

And all this time I had obsessed over trivial things, I had only truly been alive, only really conscious for a few months and I had spent it in a nirvana. A Nirvana of darkness. Where everything was as bad as it seemed, but I had came back due to this burning.

Burning inside a house, fire engulfing me, eating me all up. I was a tribute, for something. I didn't mind, it was helping someone. I couldn't see the fire, I could only feel it, it was merciless and yet a saint in disguise. I wanted this, I needed this. So badly.

It didn't sound sane, not my ramblings, but to me they sounded so perfectly plausible. So very reasonable and so very legit. Yes, my wants were real, they were reasonable and they made sense. If you dug deep enough, just don't throw it away.

Was I losing my blood? I didn't know at this point, burns didn't cause bleeding, I don't think.

But then again, my opinion doesn't mean much. I don't know what to think anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Chapter 3: LUCTOR ET EMERGO

What had happened to my sickly sweet torture? I felt conscious, I could hear things around me, a lot of things. I grumbled and tried to open my eyes, I didn't want to. I knew it would be painful, to open my charred eyes. Was I even really alive anymore? I could be in heaven, or hell.

I hoped it was the former.

I finally found the courage to open my eyes, I was in shock. All around me, white, a room of white. Where was everything? What was this place? So many unanswered questions, too many unanswered questions.

I squinted, I think I was in a hospital room, I looked down, I was in a hospital bed. I was in one of those hospital gowns, I felt my forehead, It felt normal. I guess I wasn't burned alive horribly.

Go figure. But things didn't make much sense, why was I here? Why had I endured that painful burning, and most importantly, what day was it? I already had a feeling that my list would go unfulfilled. Just that made me feel sick, great.

I looked for a button to call a nurse or something, nothing that I could see, I looked to see if I had any neighbors. No dice, no cigar, in other words, no one else around. I tried to move, I felt a twinge of pain, I winced and looked at my legs, nothing wrong there. Must be bedsore, I must've been out quite a while for something like this.

I tried calling out, nothing came out, my throat felt soar and raw. Just great, I had no means of communication. I laid back down, there was nothing I could really do at this point, I would just have to deal with it. This majorlly sucked.

It didn't take long to get back to sleep, I guess I was on pain medication or something. I had a strange dream during it, I think it was caused by the pain medication but I didn't really have any substantial proof, no evidence to prove my theory.

Any way, my dream was basically a similar layout to one of my visions. The one where the protagonist was killing the Crip, except in the dream. It wasn't the protagonist, it was me, killing a gang member. Talk about creepy, I wanted to wake up and quick, I was ready for that dream to end.

I felt myself being awake but I didn't know if I wanted to wake up for real or not, did I want to face the same options of before, where I couldn't do anything at all? Or did I just want to try to sleep again? Both options kind of sucked if you asked me> but I really couldn't do anything about it. I was about to choose option two, but then I heard something.

" When will he come out of a coma?"

" We don't know, sir."

" Where the hell are our funding going to then? You idiots messing around?"

" No sir."

" Shut the **** up and go get me statistics! Get me a quote!"

" Yes sir, right away."

" You better, or else you'll be in the same position as him."

" I'll be back in a few minutes sir, don't you worry."

" Fine."

I cringed at this, I didn't know if I wanted to open my eyes to people like this. And what predicament was I in? In a hospital bed? No sense could be made out of all this. I stayed silent. That seemed like it was for the best, that's for sure.

I could feel his presence around me, it felt suffocating for some reason, like I knew him and I also had contempt for him. Such feelings for a complete stranger. I had to know what he looked like, I just had to know.

I tried to mildly look at him, with barely any of my eye opened, but as soon as I saw all of him. My eyes opened completely, he was so familiar, I felt a surge of something, was it anger? I think it was, I wanted to kill this man. I didn't know why, but I felt like I had to.

I shivered, he eyed me and gave me a half smirk. He cupped his mouth a little and mumbled something, I think he was calling in the doctor, I wasn't sure.

" Finally awake, huh?"

" Yeah.

I didn't even know this man, but he looked at me like I was important, someone who really mattered. I felt creeped out, I wasn't a test subject, I wasn't a celebrity. Within a few seconds, a doctor had come in, I couldn't tell if it was the same guy as before.

" What happened?" I heard myself ask, out of curiosity.

" Major fever, influenza." The doctor said, and then stated " You know, the flu."

" Oh. How long have I been out?" I asked, quietly.

" About a week. Slept like a baby." The doctor stated.

" How did I eat?"

" I.V, puts food into you from the needle."

"Oh."

The doctor just chuckled and patted me on the head, I hated him too. The creepy man just kept staring at me, smiling. I didn't like that smile, it was frightening. I shuddered, I rubbed the back of my neck, I was sore, I needed to stretch.

" Can I get up?" I asked, my voice staying low.

" Yes, just don't strain yourself." The doctor replied.

I nodded and got off the hospital bed, my legs almost failed me for a minute and I held onto the bed for balance. I felt a little disorientated, but I felt that I would get over it soon, just a feeling. I felt energized, must have been the week of straight sleep, I knew that it'd be a while before I could get a decent night of sleep.

" When can I go home?" I asked, wishing I could change into some regular clothes.

The doctor frowned and looked at the creepy man, the man merely let out another one of his hideous half smiles.

" Well. You don't really have a home to go to anymore." The doctor said slowly.

" Why?" I questioned, giving him a strange look.

" Well, when you were in a catatonic state, your Uncle died." The doctor told me.

" I'm sorry for your loss." He added, a frown painted on his wrinkled face.

" Oh." Is all I could say, I felt ashamed for not feeling as bad as I thought I would. I wouldn't shed a tear for the only person who had loved me like his own son.

" He must be in shock." The doctor explained to the creepy man quietly.

The man just nodded and folded his arms.

" When can you put him in my care?" The man asked.

" As soon as possible, I guess you guys just need to go by his home and pick up his things." The doctor said to the man.

" Excellent. Come now, David." The man told me.

" Why?"

" Because I'm your new guardian."

" Oh."

I didn't say anything further, everything was happening so fast. First my uncle died, and now this stranger who I have never met is taking me. I just frowned, not wanting to start a scene. Now was not the time for theatrics, definitely not.

The man grabbed my hand and forced me to keep up with his ungodly walking pace, I felt my cheeks go red in embarrassment. I was still in the hospital gown, this sucked. Why did he walk so fast, it was annoying and tiring. We quickly got out of the hospital wing and found a nearby elevator.

I reached my hand out to press the button, but he ended up slapping my hand away. I rubbed my hand and gave him a dirty look.

" Don't touch things, I don't want you to break them." He told me sternly, not caring to look at me.

The elevator doors opened up and he forced me in there with him, he pressed my floor button. It was a solid minute, half uncomfortable, half painful and all awkward. I was basically praising to get out by the time we arrived at our stop. I stepped out with him and we walked down the hall, doors passed us, one by one.

We finally arrived at my room and he fished a card key out of his back pocket, he unlocked the door and opened it. I walked in, as did he. He walked into the main room and sat on the couch.

" You have ten minutes to get whatever the hell you want from this dump. Starting… Now." The man told me, turning on the television.

I wanted to beat his face in, this place wasn't a dump. I angrily stalked away, heading to my room. I started picking things out, a few mementoes. I made sure to pack my journal, hiding it in the bottom of my bag. I laid the bag on my bed and looked in my dresser for a good change of clothes from this stupid gown.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants, and a plain white shirt. I put on a jacket and grabbed my bag, I quietly said goodbye to my room and turned the lights out, walking out forever.

I walked into the main room, sulking to a certain degree. The man noticed me within a few seconds, he got off the couch and clicked the T.V off.

" We need to get going." He told me, taking my hand again, he led me out of the house.

As he was locking the door, I said my final goodbyes to the house as a whole. I frowned, I hated how this was all turning out, and the worst part was that I was defenseless to stop it. That part sucked the worst, nothing to do, nothing I could do. I just put my head down and let the man drag me off to wherever the hell he planned on taking me.

What would happen from here? What would become of me? I didn't know of what would happen, I didn't think anyone really did. The man that was taking me away, I just now had the chance to really let my mind take in his details.

He was white, he had short brown hair and a pair of translucent shades on. He wore a black business suit, complete with sappy red tie. He had fancy black dress shoes. He acted like he owned everything, like he was in control. I did not like this.

I hardly cared where he was taking me, but I suppose I had an ounce of curiosity.

" Where are we going?" I asked, at a tone somewhere between quiet and normal.

" To my apartment room, it's similar to the one you used to be at, just nicer." He replied arrogantly.

He pissed me off to no end, he was so damn prideful. I just wanted to tear his throat out, no joke.

I just growled quietly, trying to contain my rage.

Another elevator ride ensued, as uncomfortable as ever. This guy was hard to be around, he just seemed threatening, he was a total jerk. I walked out of the elevator with him, I'd never been on this floor before.

I think we were on the thirty second floor, pretty high up. I could see that the rooms here were a lot more spaced out, there were only about four other doors in the whole floor.

Which meant that each one was huge. He lead me over to a door on the left, he slid in a key card and it opened. He walked in, I followed with some distance behind him. I looked around, the place was huge! There was a kitchen, a main room, two bedrooms, a study and a guest room! My mouth gaped open a little, it was like four of my houses put together.

I guess he wasn't lying when he was bragging about this place, that made me even madder. Knowing that he had been truthful when he had said that he had a superior house. I folded my arms, and frowned.

" Where's my room?" I asked him.

He pointed to a door to the right of me, it was near the kitchen, I headed that way and opened the door. My new room really wasn't all that bigger then my last one, I was fine with that though, didn't make much of a difference to me.

I walked in and closed the door behind me, I started to unpack. I put my clothing in the empty wooden dressers on my east wall. I put some of my possessions in the closet, which was much bigger then my last closet.

Finally, it was down to just my notebook, I felt like hiding this well. I looked around, wondering if any secret areas presided in my new room. I couldn't find any, this did not make me happy.

I considered putting it in my dresser, but that was too easy to locate, I also considered under my mattress, but that'd be a pain getting every time.

I could just tear the important pages out, remember them well and then destroy them. That wouldn't be a good idea though, I needed to know the exact details of each vision. For the moment, I decided to throw the notebook under my bed, after adding some details to it of course. I then shut my light off and walked out of my new ' Prestigious' room.

I was hungry at this point, I had been eating tube food for a week and I needed some real grub. The man didn't seem to be a cook, due to his absence in the kitchen and the fact that he left a post it note saying to make a sandwich or something. The note also mentioned he'd be out for a few hours at a meeting.

I was only in my room for about twenty minutes, why couldn't he had just told me himself? Idiot and his over complications, but I was glad that I had the entire apartment to myself. I could use some solitude time, I really did need some. Since for the last week I had been having a repetitive dream, based on a vision.

I sat on the couch in the main room, it was comfortable. I looked at his T.V, it was impressive, about fifthly inches wide. Must've cost quite a pretty penny. He didn't have any video games, which made sense, he was too stuck up for that.

I walked back into the kitchen and looked in the fridge, it was very organized, and for the most part unused. I just shrugged and looked around, inside it.

Nothing big, nothing that tasty at least. I did find something that looked good, it was a large sub from that one sub-place. I couldn't remember the name right now, too hungry.

I fished the sandwich out and found a plate, he didn't have any soda. But he did end up having some bottles of water, which was okay, just not sophisticated enough for my tastes. My tastes being, mostly soda.

I took my sub and my water into the main room again, sitting on the comfortable couch and considering turning on the huge Hi-Def T.V, I doubted there was anything on anyway. What a waste, this cool of a T.V for a stuck up nerd. The world just didn't make sense.

I coldly scoffed, why should our world make sense? That'd be boring, it'd always be the same. No excitement. But the side of me that held any sane sense said that a world without order was just another world war waiting to happen.

I shrugged, I needed to stop ranting to myself. I bit into the sub sandwich that I had snagged from the fridge, it was delicious, it had salami and turkey, and maybe some ham. There was honey mustard and ranch, and pickles.

I smiled, this was delicious beyond all reason. I opened up the bottle of water and took a large gulp, my throat appreciated the cold fluid.

I finished my meal rather quickly, not wanting to just savor it. I threw the trash from it away, I was baffled on what I should do next, should I wait for him to get home, or should I try to sleep? Or what? I considered trying to find new leads, but I wasn't feeling particularly smart tonight, no clever entity within me tonight.

Yeah, I didn't exactly feel like actually doing metal work tonight, that made me feel lazy. Great, I was lazy now. Just perfect. I decided I should probably get to know my new ' home' a little bit better, seeing as this was where I was going to be for quite a while.

I got up off the couch and went to a door to the right of me, I opened it. The door had been leading to another bedroom, probably this scary guys room.

His room was painfully dull, this was no joke, considering that he had no real decor or memento's around to call his own.

Just some pills on a nightstand that stood by a very boring lamp. His bed was made and his floor was tidy, this room sucked. I walked out, feeling sorry I had wasted several minutes of my life looking in it.

I decided to check out the other bedroom, the guest room. I tried opening that door but it seemed to be locked. I was confused, why would he lock the guest room? Why not his own room as well? Must be something he didn't want me to see, behind it. All at once, a hundred thoughts and theories came to me, all clamoring about different reasons why he would have that door locked, and the treasures that could possibly be behind it.

I shook my head of all these fantasies, something was up, but nothing outrageous, I was just trying to cure my boredom subconsciously. I scratched my head and went toward the study, the study was not locked. I went in and looked around, actually somewhat interested. The room was full of books and neatly arranged folders. There was a desk with a computer, a jar full of pens and several other little professional looking things.

I looked at the bookcase, I skimmed through some of the titles, they were all jargon and I couldn't really understand any of it. It was all science and philosophy, mumbo jumbo. One of the titles was talking about something called, " The anatomy of the mind" it actually looked kind of cool, but I didn't pull it out, I didn't want to disorganize anything.

I sat down in the leather, wheeled chair that sat behind the large mahogany desk. I spun around once. I started to look through the desks drawers, being careful about what I pulled out and what I just looked at. Lots of old fashioned stamps, envelopes, papers and all that kind of stuff. A stapler, extra staples, staple remover, and even a hole puncher in the shape of a medieval catapult. This was truly something in this house that didn't completely sucked.

I wondered about something, I wondered why he had a bunch of this stuff when he could do everything digitally, that really didn't make that much sense. It was probably for show, or something like that. I overall looked over the room once again.

My first thought was that he was a busy kind of person, or that he liked things fancy. I was thinking that it was the former though, as I didn't think of him to be the luxurious type. I walked out, not wanting to mess everything in there up.

I had now looked at everything in this apartment, except for the bathroom. I walked into the bathroom, I looked the place over, not much of a difference from my houses one. Except for the large Jacuzzi type bath tub, very nice, I noted. I put my toothbrush by one of the sinks and walked out, flicking the lights out behind me.

I had now officially looked this place over, well except for the locked door. That though was bugging me again, me wondering what was behind that door. Infinite possibilities around, everything and anything could be behind that door. Well, within realities rule and within the chains of obvious boundary.

I tried to forget about it, it wasn't that mind boggling, he just locked it since he never used it, because he never had any guest. That made sense, did it not? I just kept telling myself this as I walked back to my room, feeling strangely tired. I plopped into bed, pulling a blanket over myself, mumbling to myself. I turned off the nightstand lamp and tried to sleep. As tired as I really was, I just couldn't seem to fall asleep which I found very frustrating.

I grumbled and turned over a few times, trying to see if I could get a more comfortable position. The bed sheets crinkled beneath me, I ignored the audio disturbances and just kept my eyes closed. I eventually fell asleep, I think.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Chapter 4 AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT

It had been a nice dream, where everything just kind of felt right. I was hanging out with Uncle, we were buying ice cream, I was with two others, who I could only depict as what my mind viewed my real parents out to be.

Well, I thought it might be them, I wasn't exactly sure at that point. But the dream turned out to have a positive impact, it was a memorable dream which was strange enough, considering that most dreams just disappear.

Well, I woke up soon after eating ice cream in the dream, I was almost sad to see the dream go. I got out of bed and instantly turned on the lights, I yawned. I started to change out of the clothes I had been wearing the past two or so days.

I grabbed a t-shirt out of my drawer, as well as a fresh pair of blue jeans. I started to change into these new articles, half awake. I slipped on some anklet socks and a light jacket, it was pretty cold as it was already.

I turned my lights back off, but not before grabbing the backpack I used for school, it was relatively light. I slung it on my shoulder and walked into the kitchen, there was a glass of milk, which was a grand surprise and a piece of toast waiting for me. Turns out that he had gone out to another meeting, big surprise there.

I grabbed the food, I scarfed the piece of toast down, drowning it with a glass full of ice cold skim. It was delicious, I put the dishes in the sink and grabbed the five dollars that was on the counter, for lunch.

I stuffed the bill into my pocket and buttoned that pocket up, didn't want to lose the money. I then looked back at the clock, it was early enough for me to be able to relaxingly walk to school, no rush.

I walked out of the apartment, the door was unlocked, which it should be, considering. I shut the door behind me and walked down the hall of leisure suites. I punched the elevator button for down, I had about thirty or more floors to go down, taking the elevator was smart.

I got into the empty elevator, I never did see many people in here. I pressed the first floor button and the doors closed. It started to go down, various floors passed, counting down to my desired destination. I tapped my foot impatiently, it took about two or so straight minutes to reach the bottom floor.

I stepped out of the elevator and waved to the secretary woman who was at the front desk, she waved back casually. I walked out of the building through the fancy glass doors and walked into the brutal cold, of an icy winter day.

I was glad I had put on a jacket, it was really cold out here. I stepped off the cold concrete block, even my jacket didn't prevent any shivering. Too bad, I walked onto the sidewalk, snow didn't litter it. I guess they did a good job of salting the place down, but how well that would stop the luscious flakes of snow falling from the sky, was beyond me.

I kept walking, this was a pretty small city and an even smaller community and I knew most of the people who were out and about, or at least recognized them. But they were busy with there own life's, so I didn't dare distract them from what there tasks could possibly be. I looked around at my environment, how could such a beautiful world, produce such horrible people? My uncle died because someone shot him, in a perfect world, there wouldn't ever be a need for violence.

It just wouldn't ever be necessary. I sighed, my breath materializing in front of me, it looked like steam. I looked forward, my school was still about ten minutes away, I couldn't even see it in front yet. I looked at the streets, they weren't very icy, but they were a little more icy then the sidewalk, I found that strange.

Wouldn't they concentrate on the street more then the sidewalk? I mean, people tripping wasn't as big of a deal as cars spinning out of control were. I was so curious of so many things, I knew that and I found it annoying. Just because I had a limited memory, didn't mean I forgot a lot of knowledge. I still had my education, just no personal memories to call my own.

But I had done a lot in these last four months, enough to fill my head with some happy and some bad memories. These were valuable to me, I didn't want to lose them, I even hated losing that hour of memories when I had an episode.

I hated not remembering, what if I had a breakthrough before one of my episodes and then forgot it? It was completely plausible.

I couldn't worry to much about it though, there wasn't much that I could really do toward it. I had to just press on and not worry about my memories or lack of them. I could see my school ahead of me now, it wasn't too far away at this point, that I was glad for.

I was freezing my butt off out here, and the school was nice and warmed. I couldn't wait to get inside and feel the warmness, not to mention the satisfaction of people saying. ' How are you doing? Are you alright? Feeling better?' it was sure that they noticed my long absence.

Unless they just really didn't care that much, but no one was clueless enough to notice there student or classmate gone for about half a month, it just didn't happen. Much. But regardless, I couldn't help but feel special, knowing what might await me.

I was getting very close now, I saw some people ahead of me, other students from other grades. No one I recognized yet.
    I walked toward the two large double doors that were in the front of the school, this school only had grade levels daycare through fourth. I was in third, so I guess I only had about another year in this school before I switched.

I didn't really care that much, this school was cool but the other one the junior high school was much cooler. Junior high had fifth through eight. I couldn't wait for that.

I opened up one of the two double doors and walked inside of the school, excited to finally go back to school and have some social interaction with someone who didn't creep me out.

I looked around, wondering if I could find anyone I knew, I didn't see any of my friends which was a bit disappointing. I walked into the commons room, this is where most kids hung out until school started, the perfect place to chill with your friends.

I sat at one of the benches, still looking for one of my fellow third graders, or any other friend, since I had some in other grades. I still couldn't pick one out of a crowd, that sucked, then again, it was pretty early and most kids usually came in right before the start of school.

I yawned, what could I do until then? I didn't exactly have any bright ideas at the moment, I was relatively mentally drained right now.

I got up off the bench, I could find something better to do then just sit down and wait for the first bell to ring. I opened up my book bag and scoured around it, trying to find some entertainment.

I instantly found something I forgot I put in, it was my Game boy Color. I smiled, this thing was incredibly old, yet was totally cool by my book. I turned it on and looked at the opening scenes of one of my favored games on this console. It was yellow version, truly cool.

I started training for battles ahead, I barely noticed the bell ring, only when one of the kids I know said " Hey, you coming?" Did I snap out of it, I saved and turned it off, putting it back in my bag.

" Heh, sorry about that." I said sheepishly.

" You've been gone a while." He replied, he had black hair and darkened skin, he was Latino, but he had no accent at all to call.

I just nodded and walked along with him, I had been gone for a while now, that was true. But then again it had been something I absolutely couldn't control, it had involved forces stronger then I could control. Yeah, nothing I could do.

" So what's been up around here?" I asked, walking side by side with him.

" Not much, just school." He said, shrugging off a sudden yawn.

I just nodded again and walked into my class, I quickly found my old desk and sat down, putting the backpack on the back of the chair I saw in. I got out a pencil, knowing I would probably need it for the lesson today. Our teacher was finishing up some breakfast, apparently. She was Caucasian, she had long dirty blond hair and shiny brown eyes. She was wearing what appeared to be a dress skirt thing, I really couldn't tell what she was wearing. It was one of those things that you had to be a girl to identify.

I waited for her to start the lesson, I barely noticed kids coming in and sitting down, gossiping filled the spaces around me. I couldn't really tell what was being said, but it was along the lines of me, everyone more or less saying that Davey or David was back.

And someone daring someone else to ask me why I had been out so long. I wasn't going to give them a dirty look, I didn't care about there curiously.

The teacher finally finished and started calling roll, she ended up skipping my name and when she was done, I meekly called out. " You didn't call my name."

This got her attention pretty fast, she turned around and saw me, she was amazed. I guess I had been out so long that I was considered an oddity. No skin off my bones, being rare wasn't that much of a bad thing.

She just blinked a few times, comically I might add. And then she said something around the lines of, Oh! Davey! Your back! Class say hello to David. And then the greeting happened and she started the lesson.

I was glad she didn't call me up to talk about why I had been absent so long, I really didn't want to go into mass detail. It was weird, and a little bit depressing to talk about. Ya know? I kept my mouth closed throughout the lesson on multiplication stuff. I wrote down some notes on the subject, no one else was, but I didn't really noticed.

Multiplication seemed so easy, if I thought about it. It just seemed simple at this point. I waited until we got a worksheet and she said that it was for a test grade and for us to do our best, so our grades didn't suffer from hurried answers.

I seemed to have been well affected by the lesson and I finished after about a minutes or two of work, it was only ten problems. Which did mean they would be ten points each, I got up out of my seat and turned my paper into the teacher. She just sighed and took it, I don't think she believed I would get a good grade.

I couldn't blame her, on my way back a lot of my peers were on the first or second question, befuddled. I sat back down, I didn't have anything to do now, that was supposed to take up a huge piece of the lesson and now it was over.

I sighed, I was going to be bored for a while.

I decided to roll a pencil back and forth for a little while to soothe my boredom, I didn't have much else to do while I waited for the other kids in my class to finish there tests. This school day was going by so slowly, we still had about a half hour until recess. What was I supposed to do till then?

This test was supposed to take up the time until recess, so I would have to just find a way to entertain myself. I decided to try to get some rest while I had the chance, somehow, sleeping in school was infinitely better then sleeping at home. It was more dangerous for one thing, but it was just better somehow.

Hard to explain, I put my head down on the desk and closed my eyes. I guess I apparently fell asleep, because after a while, my teacher shook me awake. She told me that it was time for recess, I was glad about that, recess was a hour long. But one hell of an easy hour. I got out of my seat and hurried up to catch up to all my other classmates.

It didn't take long to catch up to them, I started to walk along with my friend I was talking to earlier. All the kids above us walking were talking about all kinds of things, nothing seemed to interest me, I wasn't sure about Jose though. Jose was a quiet one, at least most of the time, he was one of my best friends.

" So, what're you doing at recess?" I asked him, trying to keep up with him, he was about 4 inches taller and had a better stride.

" We're going to be playing tag, you in?" He asked, he wasn't even aware of how much faster he was walking compared to me.

" Cool, I'm in." I replied.

We reached the outside of the school, the playground wasn't that fantastic, but at this point most of us didn't use whatever equipment was lying around. We played contact stuff, and freezing tag which used it's name literally for the fact of how cold it was out, was big around here.

The guys mostly all walked out to the open field, it was full of snow. We always had trouble deciding who would be it, no one really wanted to be the one who had to be it. It was quite a lame position to start in, it got frustrating when you couldn't tag anyone. These games seldom went without argue or complaint.

But when you thought about it, that had to be at least half the fun, right? This was one of my beliefs, as arguing was a great American pastime. Greater then any sport, and who said it ruined the spirit of the game?

I didn't think so, it was like being competitive, but with attitude. I didn't really complain or argue that much, I was pretty fast among my peer group, I was the edge in these games. I smirked at that, as vain as it was, I was proud of it.

I looked down at my feet, curious of when the game would actually start, but it seemed like no one really wanted to start out being it. Well, if no one else would, I guess I might as well start. To me, being it was just as fun as not being it, but it was always fun to test skills by avoiding others, always fun.

A lot of adults, especially coaches, said that this little game was a big basis of the people who would become the big football stars of high school. I had to agree with this logic, it seemed plausible that this would lead to a generation of brainless jocks.

However, I had to say that was a stereotype that didn't always fit the mold, I mean, just because you're athletic doesn't mean your less then average on the intelligent quotient scale

I kept thinking of these, of these stereotypes and clichés. Was I one? I did well in school and was a good runner, so I guess I shared the best of both worlds, I did struggle in all things art related, but I didn't care about that stuff. Drawing was boring, freeze tag was not.

I waited, I would wait another few minutes before volunteering myself for the job, I didn't really want to have to do it, but I would.

No one really spoke, unless it was to say " Who's going to be it?"

and of course, everyone would say " Why don't you be it, if your so worried about it." And of course the guy would then shut up, not wanting to be it.

I snickered a little, how childish a few of my peers were, complaining over this trivial matter. I mean, did it really matter who did it? They would probably tag someone pretty fast and then they'd be free.

But at this horrendous rate, we would never get to play and we'd end up just standing here all recess and then having to go back inside with nothing had been done, with nothing being played.

No one wanted that, but ten minutes had about already passed and I could see that a few kids were beginning to look worried if we would even get to play a nice full round.

At this point I highly doubted it, everyone was being so dumb about it. It was just being it, nothing hard about going around and chasing people. Nothing to it, I sighed. I raised my hand, it was freezing out.

" I'll be it." I mumbled, a little angry at the lack of brave people out here, it made me roll my eyes.

" Cool"

" Finally"

" Hope we have enough time."

All these comments spewed around me, I was just ready to start already.

I had to go to the big oak tree about ten feet away from the field we were playing on, it didn't have any leafs, for obvious reasons. When Winter hit around here, it hit pretty hard. I closed my eyes and leaned against the old tree, I hated how plants smelled, it was pretty gross.

And also strange, wood smelt bad while still alive but smelled great in a hardware store where it was all chopped up. I started to count, I was supposed to count to ten Mississippi's which was good enough, time wise for everyone to spread out and charge up.

" One Mississippi."

" Two Mississippi"

" Three Mississippi"

" Four Mississippi"

" Five Mississippi"

" Six Mississippi"

" Seven Mississippi"

" Eight Mississippi"

" Nine Mississippi"

" And... Ten Mississippi. Watch out, here I come." I yelled out, opening my eyes and turning around as fast as my body allowed me to do so.

I spotted them all in the field, they looked like they would scatter as soon as I stepped forward. I started to sprint into the field, they did scatter. They were actually doing pretty good, it took a solid three minutes until I could figure out witch one would be easiest to take down.

But as soon as I tracked that one down, it was very fast. My hand sped out and tagged him on his back, he kept running. This made me angry, I hated people who didn't call their tags, it was a game that was supposed to be on the honor system for a large part. I doubted anyone saw me tag him, they were too busy trying to survive. But I couldn't help but try to get him out.

" Hey! I so tagged him! Didn't anyone else see that?" I asked around me, most of them shrugged, not one really wanted to have to take sides in this kind of situation, I couldn't really blame them.

I wouldn't want to be torn between two sides, neither being of a rightful or wronging status. I grumbled to myself, no one would be on my side and no one would say that I was lying. Fine then, let it be this way, I would get that kid one way or another.

" Fine. Let's keep playing." I said calmly but loudly.

The kids around me seemed to like this choice and began running around again, the scumbag I had already gotten out just kind of half smiled, out of relief I suppose. I then felt a small revelation, he didn't want to have to be it, and I couldn't exactly blame him, he was pretty slow and I was the jerk that had targeted him as the easiest.

I instantly began to feel kind of bad, I wasn't going to go for him again. I suddenly felt compelled to find a new target, one that wasn't easy and one that wouldn't have a hard time when he filed in my spot. I looked around for another target, wondering who else would make a good target.

I looked around to see if another target worthy of my skills was around, I looked around to see who the fastest kid was. I saw one kid that was pretty tall, taller then me at least, he had long legs that were perfect for running, he never really had to run though, this kid was tough and always won a fight. Which is why his long legs didn't aid him in much, who needed to run when your fists were so adept? I thought about this and then without really thinking about it, started to run at him.

Head on, I was going pretty darn fast and it only took a few minutes to catch up with him, which was perfect. I dived, I almost tagged him but ended up missing by just a few inches. I swore inside my head, damn! I was so close to tagging him and now he was getting away, snickering. I quickly got up, ignoring the shooting pain in my shoulder where I had landed on an up stretched root.

I wanted to catch this kid pretty bad, the pain dissipated quickly or I at least learned to adapt pretty quickly. I was catching up to him again, I considered diving again but decided not to risk such a move again. It was bad missing with a dive once, but twice would make me look like an idiot, to say the least.

I sped up, using all the energy in my legs, all the inertia my small mass was making to catch up, everything felt like it was in slow motion, I felt like I was going to be able to catch him. I outstretched my arm, extending my hand to try and tag him, he was still about five or so inches away and at this range I couldn't tag him.

I would have to dive, I bent my knee's a little and then sprung forwards as much as possible, putting a high amount of power into my heel. I ended up tagging him and we both went down in the commotion, in the action. We both hit the ground pretty hard, I couldn't really feel anything though, I had too much adrenaline, but as that died down I ended up feeling a few bruises forming all over. It was painful, but I felt successful and that's all that mattered to me.

I chuckled, and got up. I extended my arm to help the tall kid up, he accepted and I helped him back to his feet.

" Sorry bout' that." I mumbled, blushing a bit embarrassed for being so rough.

He just dusted himself off and said " S'kay."

He said that he was it, and the game continued. It was an infinite loop of sorts and it always kept going, no matter the circumstances. Even if you were in brutal pain, you kept going. Even if you were bleeding, you kept going. You had to earn your honor out here, by any means possible and sometimes that meant going to the extremes.

I realized how ridiculous this sounded, this wasn't some sort of honor glorifying military experience.

Taking stuff like this personally was just a fancy way to say that you were being a wimp, no one could really argue about that. I dusted myself off, the snow came right off. Up until now, I hadn't realized how cold it really was out here, but now I felt it. It made me shiver on the inside and I didn't like it, my teeth chattered.

I didn't really like the cold, it was just the way I was and I didn't expect that to change, it just wasn't something that could. I thought about running, or at least paying attention to the game, I didn't want to be it again, I didn't feel up to it, at least not right now. I sighed, the cold air made my breath visible, I always thought that was so cool, it made it look like you were smoking. Truly cool.

I saw everyone running around, it was a new kid that was it, I wasn't surprised. The kid I had tagged was about the fastest kid here, and he probably got someone just a few minutes after I had tagged him. It didn't come as a surprise, at all. I looked around me a little bit more, I was nowhere near the kid who was it.

I would probably be pretty safe if I just stood around here, back at the big oak tree. It felt safe over here, and it felt vaguely familiar for some reason, which I really couldn't put my finger on. Sure I had known this tree had been here for a while, but it's not like I had any vivid memory of it, none that would make me feel with such a large feeling of deja vu.

I kind of shivered again, not out of the cold, but out of a realization. This was familiar, it was from one of my earlier visions. It had blond, and it had Liz. The bench that they were on, it was given shade by a big oak tree like this one, it was Fall in that vision, because the leafs were golden crisp and falling. It felt chilling for this to come to my mind, it was disturbing to be given deja vu from a strange vision about other people.

I was officially creeped out, which wasn't that strange, every vision had somewhat creeped me out. But this one thing, was more disturbing then anything, the whole vision played vividly in my mind, it was even more vivid then in my episode. More sounds, more details, every single thing.

It felt like one of my own memories, like an old memory, I wanted to keep onto it, so it wouldn't disappear like the others. I really did, It was a part of me now. What had disturbed me, mere minutes ago was now making me feel warm inside.

Part of me thought that this was very wrong, and another part thought that it felt right. I felt more fulfilled then earlier, I felt more full. It was gratifying, and yet terrifyingly surreal. I just took a deep breath and then exhaled, more steam.

How much longer was recess? I had lost track of time and I could swear we had been out here forever. It felt like an eternity since I had tagged the tall kid, as if the replay of that vision had taken hours and I couldn't help but say I didn't mind.

But then I heard it, the recess bell rung. Recess was over, and it was time for lunch.

I was glad that it was lunch time, for many reasons. The biggest reason being that I was cold and was very much ready to go back into the nice warmed school, it was less then twenty out here and I was becoming frozen.

I folded my arms to conserve heat, I started to walk toward the building, it was time for lunch, which brought me to my next big reason. I hadn't really felt it during recess but I was actually starving, it had been hours since breakfast and I could use the energy of a nice, hot meal. It wouldn't be that good of a lunch, since it was a school lunch, but a lunch was a lunch.

I nodded in the logic of this to myself, I watched the other kids filing up to go inside as well. We were all going to the same lunch, this brought me to a thought. Who would I sit by? I was not sure at this point of time.

I usually sat with my friend Jose and a few others that I vaguely knew, I was still considered the new kid around here. Mostly because I had been moved here by my uncle when my parents died, this was supposedly very far away from where I used to live. When I had brought up the fact that no one had knew me and I had supposedly been with him for a few years, he brought up that he had moved here after my first episode.

Thinking that the nice climate would help, I couldn't not think about the error in his first statement, saying that when my parents died I came here to live with him.

It was weird to suspect my uncle of things like this, but I had my doubts on a lot of things he had told me, he very frequently had to correct his former stories and facts about my former life. It was suspicious, but I couldn't do anything about it now, since he was long dead.

I walked into the building, it was nice and toasty in here, which fit my needs very much so. I sighed in relief, I caught up with Jose who was talking to a few of his friends. I walked among them, not adding anything to the conversation, but listening and tuning in and out randomly.

They didn't really have anything interesting to say, which was strange. Just a while back, it seemed like they always were telling the funniest jokes and such, but now it all seemed so juvenile or just plain lame. I couldn't help but tune out most of the stuff, none of it interested me in the very least.

I did pay attention to a few of the things, such as the parts about what had happened while I was gone a few weeks. Turns out I really didn't miss anything important, just learned about some division and multiplication.

Jose started to rant about how unfair springing a test on us really was, when we barely knew the material. I rolled my eyes, that test had been incredibly easy. He went on to say, how much he guessed and the other guys agreed with him. I decided to break in here.

" That test was easy!" I told them, raising an eyebrow.

" No it wasn't! How did you even understand it? You were out for most of the lessons and you finished it in like, five minutes!" He went on to argue.

I just shrugged and let them keep conversing, I couldn't argue about that, It had taken barely any time to complete that easy test.

I walked with them, wanting to have some food already. We walked into the lunch room, it was noisy as always, which was a good atmosphere in actuality. I followed my friends to the lunch line, it was a pretty long line which meant that we had come in a little late.

I sighed, I didn't really want to wait long to have lunch, I was really hungry right now. I just twiddled my thumbs, feeling hungry. I still tuned in on what Jose was talking about, but I didn't pay as much attention, none of his droning was that interesting.

I yawned, I wish I could sleep after eating, in a warm bed. I still felt cold internally, no jacket could change that. I just mentally shivered, waiting for the line to speed up already.

I heard lots of things, nothing coherent and nothing anywhere near intelligible, considering everyone was basically talking at once which completely distracted me from any real snooping except for on the people right next to me.

But these people were boring, but in reality I knew that everyone else was equally or more boring then these people who I actually knew. How sad was that? Very sad actually. I couldn't think of anything right now, I kept repeating myself, I kept thinking the same thing over and over.

Okay, at this point I knew that my friends were boring, okay then. I just sighed, and watched the line progress, it was actually starting to move now, to my excellent discovery.

I walked up a little, keeping up with it, what did I want to eat today? Chicken nuggets, or pizza? Both were pretty tasteless, and had about the same inconsistent ingredients, but I had to choose one.

It was like choosing a moldy sandwich from a moldy bagel with cream cheese, they both sucked, but which one was I actually willing to eat? I decided I would probably want the pizza, if they had pepperoni still, if they didn't then I would eat the chicken nuggets, at least those came with some half-way decent mashed potatoes, which I loved.

I yawned, I wasn't actually that tired, I guess I was just kind of kidding myself into thinking that I was in a much worse position then reality told me. I wasn't happy about that, but I guess I could use this imagination to other advantages, such as thinking that all of the visions I had were actually just figments of my deranged imagination.

But I had a feeling that was not in particular true, they just seemed way to vivid to be false and way too exciting. I was kind of glad to have them, but it was a double ended blade, they were cool and all, but they also distracted me and made me loose and hour of my memory.

Nothing was really worth that, my memory was very important to me and I hated to loose it every time I did, it just killed me inside. I could actually start to see the food up ahead, I was finally moving up in the line farther, it wouldn't be long till food now. I smiled.

I could smell everything by now, I could even see the lunch ladies serve it. Sure, it wasn't the best stuff out there, but even I had to admit on such a cold and dreary day, it looked and probably tasted heavenly.

There was no arguing with that, at least in my opinion. I kept moving up in the line, wondering why people had to be so slow about getting their food, seriously. I finally was able to grab a tray, first of all I put a chocolate milk on it, the regular milk tasted like cardboard here.

" Jose. What're you getting?" I asked him, looking ahead.

" Nuggets, I think." He replied, he had a pretty thick accent, but I was able to understand him quite well.

I just nodded, I didn't think that Jose liked pizza that much, he was much more into meat. Then again, I doubted the nuggets were all meat anyway, when they said chicken, I'm pretty sure they meant tofu.

I just chortled at my own little joke, I always thought I was so clever with these little jokes. I kept moving up, sure enough, Jose got chicken nuggets, he also got mashed potatoes with white gravy.

I gave a disgusted look, white gravy was disgusting, I preferred brown gravy. I kept going up in line, I ended up getting a slice of cheese pizza, since they were out of pepperoni, I just grumbled a profanity, not pleased with this new development.

I also grabbed a pineapple dish and a M&M cookie as a dessert. I kept going until I hit the cashier, I typed in my pin number, it was 5506. The cashier gave me a nod and I was on my way, I remembered the five in my pocket and decided that my new caretaker didn't know about my lunch account, I guess I could use the five for after I went to the library.

I just shrugged, I followed Jose to the table where all his and my friends sat, it was mostly his friends but I could bare them, and they were able to bare me. Good enough for friendship, I sat down and plucked my tray down, looking down at the slice of cheese pizza in front of me.

I was hungry and this was practically a five star restaurant meal in front of me. I picked the pizza slice up and began to munch on it, it was heavenly. As rubbery as the cheese was, and how hard the crust was, it was delicious and I enjoyed every bite of it. I grinned a little, biting on it.

I took a few sips of my chocolate milk, wondering how everyone else could even stand the unpleasant taste of the regular milk here, I hadn't tried the strawberry, so I couldn't really judge that, but I had a feeling it wasn't that good . Just a feeling in the pit of me, I couldn't help but feel. It looked like Pepto-bismal.

It was easy to admit how unappetizing the schools lunches were, but even easier to say that if you were to picky then you were basically screwed. Not a lot of people thought about it, but it was kind of obvious, you eat or you don't. You do and you have energy for the rest of the day, you don't and you mope around, feeling tired.

I yawned a little, it had been a pretty long day already today, no question about that. I looked around myself, friends and acquaintances surrounded me, as always? I just couldn't shake a new feeling, of how false this felt, of how surreal this all was. I think I had come to a point where my visions were becoming a more believable reality then what I was living right now was.

Was that so strange? To believe of something like that? Probably, it didn't make too much sense if you thought about it, but I didn't really care, what was going on was going on and I couldn't do much about it. I knew that these dreams, these visions had a importance, had an utmost value of some sort, but I couldn't quite tell what that was.

I mentally shrugged, all this thinking was making my mind ache. I put my hand on my forehead and closed my eyes for a few seconds, I started to feel a bit better, which was of the utmost good.

I sighed in relief and went back to eating, I found my pizza to have been good, but these crinkle fries were disgusting, I pushed them away from my tray, dejectedly. Surely enough, Jose took them and began to munch on them, in no way disturbed by their terrible taste, which I couldn't quite believe, they were just too tasteless for me, I couldn't enjoy them even if I tried.

They just felt like mush in your mouth, even with mustard or ketchup, they were gross. I looked at my tray, I was done with lunch as shown by my empty tray. I still felt a little hungry, but I decided I would just hit a vendor after going to the library. That would ease my stomach, which was kind of half empty, half flopping around right now, it felt pretty terrible, to say the least. I got up and went to go put my tray away in the tray compartment near the lunch line, this was a good system, actually.

It made it so kids would put their trays away and so that the custodians wouldn't have to go pick them all up, which was probably an arduous task by itself. I placed it carefully and headed back to my table, I think their was still a few minutes left in lunch to go, I sat down and waited for the bell to ring, to signify that the lunch period was over and that we could go back to class, for the rest of the day.

After a few minutes, the bell rung and I got up, along with my friends. We started to walk out of the cafeteria, we went into the main hallway and from there we started our descent to our classroom.

I walked outside of the schools walls, today had seemed to take forever, but then again, a day coming back after a four or so week hiatus would probably seem to be eternal.

I yawned again, I don't know why today had been so tiresome, I must still be used to just staying home and falling asleep whenever, I wondered if I would miss doing that, I decided that I probably would. It was true, it was inevitable that something like it would happen, I was used to craving solitude, junk food and my thoughts.

School had made me feel almost a little too human, it didn't feel as natural as it should have. But then again, my psyche wasn't exactly something I would think it all that great, I even admitted to that, I mean, who could say something like that and actually not mean it? It was just one of those things.

I walked through the cool, snow laden grass, I felt cold through the soles of my shoes, it was somewhat pleasant and somewhat annoying. This place was just to cold during the winter months, I shivered a little. I looked ahead, trying to keep focus, I was going to the library to do a little research about my condition, and maybe a few other things, I couldn't quite decide what I would research.

But whatever made this puzzle stick together better was what I was looking for, I looked at the sidewalk I had gotten on, I didn't have as much snow, it must've been salted again before I got out of school. I enjoyed that, less slick and less of a danger waiting to happen, I didn't want to end up road kill because I slipped off of the sidewalk, a little of an embarrassing death, no?

I folded my arms, to keep in a bit better warmth, there weren't ever many cars out and around, this was a small city, most people walked and even if everyone drove, it wouldn't be too much of a change. As I said, small place, small population.

I could see a few other kids walking around, but not going in the same direction of me, I don't think anyone would be in the library today, Most people didn't want to spend their time in a musty old place like that, and who could blame them? It just wasn't the place to be in the winter months, no heating.

And the only reasons most people would go is to play on the computers, but most people had a computer around here.

So the only real need ended up being needing to do book research for a school project. Which was probably rare to occur, the digital age was much more of a research use. No one used books as references or information when they could even easier look it up on the internet, I guess another use was the fact that people did like to read, that was good enough reason, I suppose.

AN: This is where I stopped, so I don't know if I will add onto it or not. Give me your HONEST opinion.

Back