• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Sarah Reyes​

Sarah watched as the ball continued to wiggle about until finally it stopped moving. Sarah smiled brightly and shakily picked it up, "We got Heracross!" She said happily as she hugged Blaze. The Blaziken chuckled as Sarah wiped the ball off a bit, "Oh! The website did say that this was a rare pokemon! Glad we found one of few around here!" She put the ball with the rest of the pokeballs as she got out her phone and crossed off one of the things on her to do list. "Okay.... now we need to get a Poliwag! There are bodies of water around here, and they are common so we should have no trouble finding some!" She began to walk as Blaze followed, grimacing a bit. "Okay, Blaze, you sit out the next battle. Poliwag are water types so most of your attacks wouldn't help. Yipper and Tim can be counted on."

Blaze just sighed as he followed his trainer. Using the map she brought up on her phone she navigated them to a pool. It was a rather large body of water and she could hear the sounds of battle. She glanced over and saw a girl with a Dewott battling a Dragonair and attempting to capture the pokemon. Well, she hoped that she was successful. Blaze sat down as Sarah looked around. Common water types splashed about in the pool and over there... were some Poliwag! She smiled as she brought out Yipper. The Primeape cried out and flexed his muscles as she patted his head as she watched the group head over to the shoreline and splashed about in the shallow water. She headed over there with Yipper following as she looked over, "Hey! Poliwag! Looking for a battle?"

The Poliwag's stopped their antics and looked at each other nervously. A rather bold one stepped up and jumped up and down. "Poli!" It cried out.

Sarah smirked, "Okay Yipper! Front and center!" The Primape glared at the water-type as he pounded his fists together. "Let's go! Use Bulk Up!" Yipper growled as he flexed his arms as whole body grew more defined with muscle. The Poliwag ran forward and threw himself at Yipper with a Body Slam. Yipper managed to cover his chest with his arms as he glared at the Poliwag. "Okay, go in for a Karate Chop!" Yipper cried out as he ran grabbed the Poliwag and used his other hand to bring down his hand onto its head.

"Again!" Sarah cried out as Yipper once more used Karate Chop. "One more should do!" Sarah said. She knew Poliwag were weak and she didn't want to hurt the little thing too much. As Yipper raised his hand once more the Poliwag's stomach began to glow as the spiral on it began to seemingly swirl around. "Ah! Yipper, look away!" Sarah cried out, but she was too late. Yipper stared at the swirl as his hand slowly lowered and his eyes began to droop before he fell forward, sound asleep. The Poliwag once more slammed his body into the Primeape, but it didn't wake up Yipper.

Sarah nodded and withdrew Yipper to his pokeball, "Okay, come out Tim!" The Hitmonchan appeared with a proud cry as he eagerly threw a few punches into the air. "Tim, hit Poliwag with a Mach Punch!" The Hitmonchan flew forward and sent a combo of three punches into the water-type. The Poliwag looked rather weakened as it attempted another Hypnosis attack. "Tim, look away!" The Hitmonchan listened and twisted his face away as Sarah readied another Ball and threw it at the water-type sucking it in.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The strong Heracross finally wavered, with another direct flamethrower Blaze had successfully subdued the bug Pokémon. The Safari Ball flew threw the air - dragging the Heracross inside, rocking back and forth in the long grass. Eventually it settled.

Giselle caught a Dragonair!

Level: 28
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moveset: Leer, Thunder Wave, Twister, Slam, Agility.

Rosie and Flara did well to battle, Jet also proved himself in battle. However, due to the dragon-pokémon's strong attacks all three took substantial damage and should be rested.

Jet grew to level 36! Jet may now evolve during your next battle.

Jet is able to learn the move Encore? Would Jet like to learn the move? What move should be forgotten?
    Answer OOC​

~*~*~

The fiesty Poliwag was not easy to pin down, especially with its hypnotic techniques, but Yipper managed to do enough damage. Safari Ball thrown, the injured Poliwag was sucked inside, without putting up much of a fight.

Sarah caught a Poliwag!

Level: 27
    Ability: Damp
    Moveset: Bubble, Hypnosis, Body Slam, Rain Dance, Bubblebeam.

Yipper is a bit dazed from his battle with Poliwag, both should rest before they battle again.

Yipper matured to level level 29!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Giselle O'Brien
    502.png
    498.png
    496.png
    148.png

Giselle grinned as the Safari-Ball clicked. The sign that she had caught the Dragonair. "YES!!" she screamed jumping in the air punching a fist up in victory. She was thrilled she had caught the Pokemon. Her first capture on this journey. When she calmed down Giselle smiled at Jet. "You did a great Job Buddy, have a good rest, and I bet you'll evolve in our next battle" she smiled calling the Dewott back before calling out her new Pokemon.

"Drag...Dragonair" Dragonair said looking at her as if he wanted to smirk.

Giselle sighed and shook her head lightly patting the Pokemon's head. "A bit full of yourself aren't you?" she asked it almost laughing at the nod she got in response. "but you'll listen to me in battle, won't you?" she asked another question sighing in relief when she got another nod.

"alright time to think of a name for you" Giselle said before stopping. The Pokedex had never told her if this Pokemon was male or female. "alright Dragonair, are you male or female? Shake your head for male, nod for Female" After the Dragonair shook his head Giselle smiled. "than I have the Perfect Name for you. From now on, your name is Draco, and I'm sure we'll be great friends. But for now rest up" she called Draco back and stood up noticing a few trainers were staring at her like she was crazy. A scowl came onto her face her smile gone and she glared at the three boys. "What are you looking at!" she snarled before glaring and walking away without looking back.

She was planning on heading back to the ship and as she left the Safari Zone she returned the two Safari Balls she hadn't used and made her way back to the ship having to stop every so often to sit down because she was feeling dizzy. "Why do I suddenly feel so sick" she muttered making her way to the Nurses Cabin once she made it back to the ship. "Nurse Angie?" she asked weakly.

"Yes what is..." Nurse Angie started turning around but stopped taking in the pale girl in front of her. "oh dear, what's wrong?" she said ushering Giselle to a bed.

"I don't know" Giselle started before coughing. "I was coming back here to have my Pokemon healed, and I started feeling ill"

Nurse Angie nodded taking her temperature. "well for your Pokemon you could have gone to the Pokemon Center, but you have a high fever, it's good you came here that way you won't be left behind." she said before taking Giselle's Pokemon. "you just stay here in bed and rest, I'll heal your Pokemon and return them to you."

Giselle nodded to tired to form a reply and the last thing she saw before she fell asleep was Nurse Angie covering her with a blanket and turning off the light.

(OOC: There we go, Giselle is ill, I'll have her recover when I return from Vacation, funny thing is I'm doing the same thing in another rp, making the character ill to explain absence.)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Ayame Akiko
    448.gif
    259.gif
    261.gif

After walking for awhile Ayame heard Dorian asking if she had any idea where their cabins could be. 'I-i though you had the tickets...' Ayame looked at him. 'Are we... Lost?' She asked him suprised.

Dorian took her hand and used as excuse that they should stick together. 'Y-yeah...' She shyly responded. 'I-i think i know where it is!' Ayame suddenly stopped. 'Hikari, run forward us and show us the way to the cabins, alright?' Ayame asked her. Hikari nodded and rawred. '(Got your back!)' She said to her.

Hikari jumped forward and started running. 'Let's follow her, Dee Dee!' Ayame smiled at her best friend, she kinda blushed too when she pulled at his hand and pulled him along.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Dorian Dammer
    Dorian closed his eyes and just moved his legs to keep up with his best friend, trying not to think about all the stuff that holding her hand poured into his brain. He trusted Ayame and hoped that wherever she was going, it was the right direction, but was also sure that she would be able to find her way around the boat.

Then, all of a sudden, one of Dorian's Pokéballs burst open and a Butterfree came out of it. She giggled as she flew towards Dee Dee. Dorian slowly opened his eyes and looked back, to see Queenie, his Butterfree, flying behind him and giggling.

"H-heeey...Queenie..." he said, nervously.

And he had a reason to be nervous. Those who knew how Dee Dee's Butterfree was would know that she was up to no good. She was gonna play a prank on his trainer when he stopped running, most likely.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Johnny​

It wasn't until after breakfast did Johnny know where the ship would be docking. He had forgotten to read up on it earlier and when the words: Fuchsia City was uttered in the speakers he had cursed.

Let's just say he received many awkward stares.

Johnny disliked Janine, one of the gym leaders, with a passion. Unlike many of the other gym leaders who made a pity party just for him, Janine poked fun at him and teased him about his attraction to Lt. Surge. During his gym battle, when the tide seemed to be on his side, Janine showed off a picture of Lt. Surge at the beach. Soon he was completely loosing and if it wasn't for Twitch evolving in the last minute, he would have completely lost to Janine and her picture. (He resisted the urge to take it from her when she awarded him the badge.)

He needed to avoid the gym at all cost which was why he was in the city's Safari Zone with Lucy. Johnny had been here for an hour or two and so far they hadn't managed to catch a single pokemon and it was all thanks to Lucy. She was out on a mission to scare them all and he was sorely regretting taking her out of her pokeball when she scared a scyther who instead of running away in fear, decided to take out its anger out on them by chasing them all around the whole place. It wasn't fun and thank goodness someone had saved him by catching it themselves. (Johnny would have, but he would rather not have a pokemon that was out to kill him on his team.)

Johnny was now dragging his feet through the Safari Zone, just very tired with Lucy trailing behind him. She would wander off every once in a while to scare the occasional pokemon, but at least none of them decided to chase them around again. Lucy let out a strangled cry and that only meant one thing. Lucy found her next victim.

He let his eyes wander to see who the next victim was and it was just a girafarig who was feasting on some grass. The only reason he knew what it was, was because he had seen it a couple of times before. (Not many trainers used it.) Lucy began her usual routine with scaring pokemon. Appearing out of nowhere and shrieking like a banshee. The girafarig didn't seem to care though and just chewed on.

Lucy's face began to contort and she then she decided to open her bag of tricks to scare the poor pokemon. As each attempt failed, Johnny looked a little bit hopeful, just a tiny bit each time. Maybe that pokemon could be a good influence? Maybe, just maybe Lucy will get tired of scaring others and maybe just maybe the rest of his team would be-

Normal

"Energy ball," Johnny commanded. Lucy looked back at her long time friend and let her jaw drop a little. He gave her a serious stare before pointing, "Energy ball."

Lucy sighed before opening her mouth once more. A green orb formed in her mouth and with a cry she fired and aimed at the giraffe with two heads. The pokemon was sent flying back in pain while mid chew. It got up and glared at the source of the attack. Her tail/head bent and the mouth opened while the pokemon's other mouth opened. From both mouths the pokemon fired rainbow beams that merged into one and struck Lucy, sending her candle like body skidding across the grass.

The giraffarig ran its hooves over the grass and it began to glow. The purple light shined off of the yellow-brown coat and with a cry the pokemon charged. She slammed her body into Lucy sent her flying into a tree. Lucy fell slowly to the ground and the girafarig opened both mouths once again, probably in order to release that psybeam it fired earlier.

"Defend with hex," Jonny offered. Lucy managed to summon seven purple flames around her and with a cry she sent them all flying at the two merging rainbow beams. The seven purple flames formed a large eye that exploded when it met with the psybeam. When the smoke cleared the girafarig was charging like it was before.

"Confuse ray!"

Four golden orbs appeared out of thin air and began to circle around Lucy. The girafarig rammed its body into the candle ghost, but once it did Lucy fired her four orbs. The giraffe pokemon tripped and fell. It began to ram its head into trees, tripped over its feet a couple of times, and the rare occasion fall into a pond that was nearby. With the pokemon running around so much, Johnny couldn't find an opportunity to throw his safari ball.

"Keep firing your energy ball," Johnny told Lucy, "if you keep firing it randomly you might be able to hit that girafarig long enough for me to catch it."

Lucy opened her mouth and with a cry fired green balls from her mouth. They flew out in all directions and some probably hit a few pokemon or even people for the matter, but at the moment Johnny just wanted to catch the girafarig. Anything for the chance his team could be normal. The energy balls eventually hit girafarig causing it to fall and tumble in the grass. Using this opportunity, Johnny threw his safari ball with only one thought in mind:

Normal.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Eve Murphy​

The camo-colored ball didn't even shake before it burst open once more, releasing the small blue serpent it had held for a millisecond. The creature weakly slithered into the grass, clearly too beat up to take flight again.

"Achilles!" Eve exclaimed, indirectly telling him to follow after it. The Sneasel ran over to the grass, hacking and slashing the green blades but finding nothing. The Dratini had made its getaway. With a chuckle, Eve turned back to the water.

"It was weak but its determination to escape was not," she said as Achilles once again returned to his usual spot on Eve's head. "We still have two Safari Balls. We shouldn't let them go to waste, so I say we try to catch some other Pokémon." Turning to walk around the lake, a large green insect landed in front of Eve, seemingly having dropped from the sky.

"SCYTHER!!!" it screamed. Eve screamed back in response and fell backwards. "Why is every Pokémon ambushing me?!" She quickly leapt sideways as the Scyther attempted to stab her in the stomach. Its blade imbedded into the earth as if it was cutting butter. "Sh*t…" Eve said, staring at the dangerous insect as it removed its blade from the ground and glared at her.

"Why is it so mad at me…" she thought out loud. Suddenly she realized she should probably move quicker or else it would manage to injure her if not kill her. "Go Achilles! Use Ice Beam!" she commanded. "Snea!" Achilles jumped off her head and shot an icy blue beam from his mouth. The Scyther quickly flew out of the way and slashed at Achilles, cutting the side of his stomach. The Sneasel cried out and collapsed on the ground, then weakly picked himself up again. Without receiving a command from Eve, he jumped toward the Scyther and vanished before appearing behind it and striking with his claws.

The Scyther winced and turned toward Achilles, who dove through the insects legs and shot an Icy Wind right in its face. The large mantis jumped backward as its face felt frozen, then blindly used Wing Attack. Scyther was nearly as fast as Achilles and was able to get most if not all of its attacks to strike. Achilles was thrown into the ground with a thud, and he only barely was able to keep consciousness. Eve just stood watching, noticing that Achilles wasn't a bad fighter even when not receiving commands. There was something he was forgetting that she just had to tell him, though.

"Achilles, use Payback! Quick!" The Sneasel's eyes darkened and he began to glow with a deep purple aura. As fast as was physically possible, he dove toward the large mantis and tackled him at full force. The Scyther was thrown so hard that it crashed through three consecutive trees, each one crashing down to the ground. "This one is stronger than the Dratini was. There's a chance it'll be able to escape, but we'll have to find that out, won't we?" Eve asked herself as Achilles stood by, panting. Eve tossed the Safari Ball and with its red light, enveloped the Scyther.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Lucy's Energy Ball barrage did plenty of damage, and with a hopeful throw the ball enveloped the wild Girafarig, and sat shaking in the grass. One shake, two sha- the Pokémon burst free! Blinded by anger the Girafarig flew off in to a patch of long grass.

The capture was unsuccessful! Girafarig escaped!

Lucy battled brilliantly, the cute/terrifying little Litwick grew to level 37!

~*~*~

Achilles, in his second battle in the Safari Zone was a tough one - Scyther put up a good fight, but eventually Eve saw a chance to through the Safari Ball.

Eve caught a Scyther! It seems to know a special move.

Level: 29
    Ability: Swarm
    Moveset: Leer, Quick Attack, Slash, Wing Attack, Vacuum Wave.

Achilles is exhausted from the tough battle, and should rest somewhere before battling again.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Caydee Mint
    F1 - Cabins, Fuschia City Gym

The Next Day...

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK." (click for sound lolol)

It was morning at the SS Anne, and the ship has arrived at its first stop: Fuschia City! The cabin window was open, with the sun glaring at Caydee's face...her face pale white thanks to the glare. Caydee groaned at the glare, turning her body to the other side of the bed. But Ninetales was already awake, his head laying chin down on the mattress, facing Caydee. He grinned at her. "Nine!"

Caydee shrieked, jumping up and falling down from her bed. Hitting herself on her bottom. "Owwwww."

The ship honk was faintly heard from the outside, unlike the last time they heard it. Caydee, with a messy blue bedhead hair got up from the floor, dusting off her nightgown and picking up the sheets and placing them on the bed. "I guess we're on our first stop?" Caydee asked to herself, yawning. She quickly went to the restroom to change to her summer dress, brushing her hair straight, putting on sandals and grabbing her purse and sunglasses. Ninetales followed Caydee outside her cabin, closing the door with a lock, and finds her way out of the boat.

Moments later...

"Fuschia City, Ninetales!" Caydee exclaimed. "One of my favorite cities to visit." As the crowds of people were diminishing to different places of the city, Caydee decided to drift off to the major part of the city. There were a few shops open, as well as the Pokemon Mart and the Pokemon Center. It was a bit convenient for her though.

Her fascination of the city turned a bit sour as she bumped into a crying kid, younger than her age. His blue eyes were teared up, face all red, and he was holding a Pokeball in his right hand. Caydee stopped walking and approached the little boy, patting him on the shoulder.

"There there, boy. What happened?" Caydee asked. "Are you lost?"

"I....I....lost my gym battle with Janine!" The boy burst into tears after explaining what was wrong with him. Caydee didn't like the sound of that answer. A trainer like him shouldn't cry that way after losing. Caydee's been in his shoes before. "All my Pokemon kept being poisoned and it's not fair!"

"I'm really sorry, man." Caydee said, "I'm sure you'll be better next time. You just need more training."

"But I trained hard!!!!!" The boy yelled with sorrow. Caydee kept patting him on the shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Shhhh. Calm down. Someone that cries after a battle are actual losers. You just gotta keep faith in yourself and your Pokemon. Listen, why not come with me. You can learn from a pro like me." Caydee said, smiling at the teary-eyed boy.

The boy wiped his tears. "Um, okay. But are you sure you're strong?"

"Hey, I graduated from the Vermilion Pokemon Trainer's School as number one battler! You can always count on me." Caydee said. She then offered the boy a handshake. "I'm Caydee by the way. I'm from Vermilion."

"I'm Brad. I'm 11 years old and from Pallet. Nice to meet you, Caydee." The boy finally smiled at Caydee and shook hands. He then starts to follow Caydee and Ninetales to the gym. The walk was fairly short, passing by a few food stands as well as the Safari Zone, which Caydee has some intention of going. But Caydee has been itching for a battle since she got on the boat and healed Olly. She already has her strategy placed. She wasn't going to be using Olly in the battle because he is not trained as much.

Inside the Fuschia Gym, a young woman with purple hair tied up in a bun was sitting in the middle of the battle floor, meditating. The floor was quiet, with no sound whatsoever. As the door flashed open right behind her, her meditation was interrupted, and didn't like the sound of the door opening. She got up, turned around, to see Caydee and Brad at the door, with Caydee closing it softly. Ninetales sat next to Caydee, being patient.

"Back so soon, Bradley?" The young woman asked.

"*sniff* yes, Janine. I am back, but I am not here to battle." Brad replied, shaking with nervousness.

"Janine...Koga's daughter and new Gym Leader." Caydee murmured as she remembered that Koga was the original leader. Ninetales growled softly at Janine.

"Oh then. Who will be then?" Janine started to walk slowly at them.

Caydee was hoping for a better introduction. She stepped forward to give herself a clear view. "I am. Caydee Mint is my name, from Vermilion City."

"First of all, you look too pretty to battle." Janine commented, referring to her blue hair and her summer flower dress. "Second, if you, Caydee Mint, are going to battle me then I think it's settled."

"Settled it is then. The boy needs a bit more formal training so he decided to watch me battle." Caydee finished her introduction. She then released her two other Pokemon, Hydro the Wartortle, and Thunder the Jolteon. Both Pokemon have stretched out, yawned, and faced the leader. Janine did the same, releasing three of her Pokemon in front of her. A Toxicroak, a Venomoth, and a Weezing. All three Pokemon roared at Caydee, Brad and her Pokemon.

"You better be careful at that Toxicroak, Caydee." Brad said, "it's got a pretty venomous move."​

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
    Years
  • Waver's Graduation

Waver took a deep breath and sighed as he stood before the doors into the Fuchsia Gym. He had been planning this day for a while, but couldn't help but feel nervous. Everything he worked for was going to be tested today. Could he do it?

Waver another deep breath to calm his nerves before heading into the gym, drawing one shuriken from his belt as he did. He releases Risa, his Starmie, and it used its technique, camoflauge, to hide them both from sight as they rushed through the gym, navigating through the invisible corridors. Waver didn't hesitate as he passed Janine after Janine, already knowing that they were all fakes. He'd trained here enough to be able to tell the difference at a single glance. He wasn't so easily fooled.

He had reached the center when he finally found what he was looking for--the way she wore her clothes and sat on the floor patiently was a clear statement that it was the real deal. Waver crept up behind her as silently as he could before attacking.

"Risa." He said so quietly that it was almost silent. "Bubblebeam."

Risa fired a stream of bubbles so small that they were nearly invisible as they refracted the light perfectly, creating an excellent sniping technique. The attack it its mark, knocking the Janine over with a thud. Waver was dismayed to see that his target was in reality a perfectly made doll, used as a decoy. Waver felt frustration boil within his chest. If he had been more cautious and less confident, he might have succeeded in noticing that before attacking."

"Silver wind!"

Waver grabbed one of Risa's arms and pulled her out of the way as a gust of silver powder descended on them from no where. The attack would have been supereffective, but luckily Waver had anticipated the counter-attack. Sadly, the powder still managed to cover them and exposed their shape in full view. Though they'd been invisible, Janine had been able to guess where they were just by looking at the angle the attack had come from. But Waver wasn't so prepared to lose.

"Risa, swift!" Waver called. A stream of golden stars flew from the center of Risa's body and enveloped the space they were in, scratching at the invisible walls around them and covering every inch. Waver noticed movement and saw Janine come out from behind one of the walls as she ordered her Venomoth to counter.

"Psychic!"

The psychic attack diverted the stars from striking Venomoth, protecting Janine and her Pokemon from damage. The starts began to fade away as Janine and Waver stood across from each other, both of their masks pulled up over their nose and mouth.

"That was a good attack." Janine praised. "But I'm afraid that I don't have time to train with you. Ever since the S.S. Anne docked, I've been dealing with an influx of challengers."

"I'm not here to train." Waver assured. "I'm here for an official gym battle. Before I leave, I want to prove that I've finally surpassed you, sensei."

"An official gym battle?" Janine raised an eyebrow. "Well, aren't you gutsy. Fine then, I accept! Don't expect me to go easy on you!"

"As if you ever have." Waver muttered as he moved swiftly in a circle around Janine to get behind her. He returned his Starmie to its pokeball, well aware of the type disadvantage, and tossed another shuriken into the air, releasing his Ninjask behind Venomoth. Venomoth dodged out of the way of the initial attack, gliding through the air swiftly as Integra followed, moving quickly with sharp movements. The two appeared to dance through the air with their movements, trying to out manuever the other.

"Quiver dance, Venomoth!" Janine ordered. "Bulk up your stats!"

"Don't let it outspeed your speed boost, Integra!" Waver called. "And use swords dance to increase your attack power!"

The dance became more violent and tenuous as their speed increase, becoming nearly invisible with their speed. It was Janine who broke the dance first.

"Bug buzz!"

Venomoth released a high frequency noise that slammed into Ninjask like a wall. Despite only able to do a fourth of the initial damage type-wise, thanks to the special attack boost Venomoth had, along with its ability, Tinted Lens, the damage from the attack was much higher than Waver would have liked.

"Don't let it faze you, Integra! Use swords dance to hieghten your attack and then batter it with your aerial ace!"

Ninjask did just that, vanishing completely its its speed, only reappearing as it smashed into Venomoth with its (extremely) small beak(?). Ninjask continued to batter Venomoth ferociously until it finally collapsed.

"Not bad." Janine congratulated as she returned Venomoth to its pokeball. "A lot more straight forward and rampant than usual, but it got the job done. Now the battle gets serious. Go, Weezing!"

"Leech life, Ninjask!"

As soon as Weezing was out, Ninjask darted forward and stuck its beak(?) into its thick body in order to suck out its energy and heal its own injuries. Ninjask in general were not the most sturdy pokemon, after all.

Waver was surprised, however, when Ninjask stumbled back through the air and beads of sweat appeared on its golden shell. It had been poisoned?! How?

"I told you that you were being reckless." Janine grinned slightly as she held the shuriken with the pokeball belonging to Weezing up. "Weezing feeds on noxious gases and other decaying aromas and stores them in its body. By trying to suck the poisonous gas out of it, you only damaged yourself with poison."

"Swap out, Integra." Waver sighed. Without his healing technique, he wouldn't be able to use Ninjask for too long before being knocked out. "Go, Sylvester!"

"It's useless even if you switch out! Sludge bomb!"

Weezing fired a thick ball of toxic sludge that hit his Kecleon square in the chest and knocked it to the ground. Kecleon immediately began to sweat and its breathing became shallow.

"I didn't come up unprepared." Waver said as he took a tiny syringe from his pocket and threw it like a knife toward Kecleon. It hit him right in the arm and Sylvester's breathing immediately went easy.

"An antidote, huh?"

"That's not all. Sylvester, fury swipes!"

"Dodge it, Wee-"

Before Janine could even finish her sentence, Sylvester was on top of Weezing with its blinding speed and was slashing at the Pokemon with its claws ferociously, scratching every inch of the poison gas pokemon.

"That speed..." Janine frowned. "Integra's speed boost?"

"That's right. I didn't just swap Pokemon. Integra used baton pass to pass all of its stat boosts to Sylvester, increasing both speed and attack power. Slash!"

Sylvester brought its hand up and slashed down on Weezing fiercely, scarring it across its main body. Weezing refused to go down though. It's defense was tough.

"Haze!" Janine ordered. Weezing spewed a mist from its body that covered both of them. There went Sylvester's stat boosts. At least Weezing was damaged already. Sylvester just had to attack with its color change to lesson the damage of poison attacks--

"Explosion." Janine ordered with a reluctant tone. This caught Waver off guard. He hadn't expected her to sacrifice her pokemon in retaliation.

"Get away, Sylvester!" Waver called, but Sylvester wasn't fast enough without the speed boost. Weezing caught its hand easily with its mouth to keep it from getting away and began to glow white with energy. The explosion was fierce, and when the smoke faded, it showed both Pokemon lying on the ground, defeated.

"This leaves it two to one." Waver said as both of them returned their pokemon. "I'm ahead."

"I wonder?" Janine raised an eyebrow as she drew her shuriken as tossed it. Waver did the same, and his Ninjask appeared to face Toxicroak.

"Integra, use aerial ace."

"Sucker punch."

Toxicroak darted forward just as Ninjask prepared to move and slammed one fist into the bug pokemon's body. The force of the attack sent Integra flying into the nearest invisible wall, a compete knock out.

"Now it's one on one." Janine grinned as Waver returned Integra to its pokeball. "And if I recall, your Risa doesn't know any psychic types moves for an advantage?"

"Your Toxicroak's ability is Anticipation, so that should be obvious to you." Waver said as he released his Starmie onto the battlefield. "But my chances aren't gone just yet."

"That's the spirit. Toxicroak, poison jab!"

"Swift, Risa!"

Risa floated into the air and began spinning rapidly. A flurry of stars poured from its body and hailed down onto Toxicroak like pelting sleet as Toxicroak charged forward, completely ignoring the damage it recieved as it continued forward. Toxicroak hopped into the air and slammed one of its poisonous knuckle claws into Risa's body in midair, sending it flying into the ground with a heavy smash. Toxicroak fell after it and slammed its claw right into Risa's body, and Waver's pokemon's light dimmed.

"Winner, the brilliant Fuchsia City gym leader." Janine grinned. "Nice try, Waver. With the poison secreted from Toxicroak's claw, there's no way it will last long, even if you give it an antidote."

"True..." Waver admitted. "But I didn't need to bring more than one. Risa has its own way of lasting."

Janine narrowed her eyes suspiciously and looked back toward Starmie. She was surprised that Starmie was no longer there.

"Wha--where did it go?" Janine looked around frantically, trying to spot any sign of movement. "Toxicroak, be on your guard! Toxi--"

Her eyes widened as Toxicroak collapsed to the ground, defeated. Waver let the breath he was holding out in relief as the battle was finally over.

"I'm such an idiot." Janine sighed as Risa slowly appeared against exactly where it had been before. "It used camoflauge the moment I wasn't looking to confuse us and used recover to keep its health up, right?"

"And then finished Toxicroak with its invisible bubble beam attack." Waver nodded. "It wouldn't have worked if you had kept your eyes on Risa, though."

"Then I guess this is my loss. Congrats, Waver. After who knows how long, all your training with me paid off. You're no longer my pupil."

Waver felt a mixture of joy and sadness well up inside of him. His goal had finally been realized, but he would miss Janine all the same. Without his goal of defeating Janine, what purpose did he have? That was what going on the S.S. Anne when it departed was for. He'd find his reason then.

He gratefully accepted the badge from Janine as she placed it in his hand, bowing his head.

"Thank you, Sensei." Waver said as he raised his head once more. "Thank you for all your teachings."

"Don't talk like we won't be seeing each other again." Janine rolled her eyes at Waver. "Next time you come to Fuchsia, we're battling, and I'm going to pay you back in full."

"Right..." Waver sighed. His master's competetive drive was one thing he wouldn't understand. For the time being, however, he would focus on the cruise. He needed to become stronger by time he returned. When he walked into Fuchsia once more, he would be a fully fledged shinobi.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Koga strolled up behind the victorious Waver.

"Perhaps you could use this, Janine may be a strong trainer but there are much tougher opponents out there - some that might be... paying a bit more attention," He looked sternly at his daughter, who didn't seem to let the comment get to her. Koga was a hard father, just as he was a hard teacher.

In his outstretched hand was a small mechanical disk.

Waver received a TM! This TM teaches the move Thunderbolt.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2013
    Orenji V.S Koga

After a nice long nap, (after tons and tons of food in the buffet of course) Orenji shot up and became horrified at his realization: he was itching for a battle. He never did finish his Gym Challenge, and the Soul Badge would indeed be a nice addition. With that thought in mind, he recalled his sleeping Wolfsbane and exited the ship, eager to take on the Poison-Type specialist.

"Alright Orenji" began the self-pep talk, complete with matching Sentai poses. "You know your pokemon are strong, and you know exactly how to use their greatest strengths, and are aware of his weaknesses. It is all mental from here, must be focused, confident, aware, and... Oh! Sorry." One of the teen's poses knocked someone square in the nose. So much for aware. Before entering the gym, he released Troll from his pokeball, the Sableye grinning at his trainer maliciously. "Troll, you are going to battle today, we are facing a Poison-Type master." Orenji knew how this would go, it's always this way. "Saaaaaaaaaableeeeeeeee............ eye." was the response, with a clearly whiney tone to it. Cue stomach growl in 3...2....1. In that moment, Troll's stomach roared with a vengance, startling nearby passerby. The owner of such a pokemon with a monstrous stomach rolled his eyes, he knew his part in this little number. He went into his pack and tossed a small ruby into his gaping maw, but decided to sweeten the deal. "Tell you what, if I suceed in obtaining the Soul Badge, you will get this." Then he pulled out the most magnificent sapphire to ever grace mortal eyes, and waved it infront of the Ghost/Dark-Type's face. "SaSaSableye!!!" was his squeal of delight, drool running like a fountain out of his mouth. "So do we have a deal?" Orenji asked, stretching out his hand to his pokemon. The Sableye eagerly shook his hand and gave an "Eyeye" of approval. "Now you are going to need this when it is your turn, you know what to do." With that, he handed the jewel glutton a small, gray ball, Troll practically falling over upon catching it. With a strained nod, he was returned to his pokeball. With one last Sentai pose he burst through the doors.

"Koga! The Poison-Type master, I, Orenji, challenge you to a battle!" Cue elaborate and very well-done (cheesy) poses. The silence was deafening, not even a cricket would respond. An audible sigh was the result, the ninja in question stepping out of the shadows, palm to face. "My daughter gets all the real challengers, this is what I'm stuck with? Should have stayed in the Elite Four." he grumbled to himself. "However, I won't refuse a challenge, the battle will be 3-on-3! My intricate style will confound and destroy you! Confusion, sleep, poison... Prepare to be the victim of my sinister techniques! Go, Ariados!"

The Ariados stood proud, flexing its pincers . But Orenji was not phazed, and even smirked. "I would expect no less, your Ariados is strong. But can he compare to an angel? " After a pose, he released Angel, fresh and rested from her battle in the Safari. "Kiss-Kiss!" Orenji petted her and let her know of the situation. "This is a gym battle Angel, don't hold back." The Togekiss nodded and got herself ready to fight.
    (Cue HG/SS Gym battle theme)

"The first move is mine! Ariados ensnare him with Spider Web!" The spider-like pokemon shoots a complicated net of silk at a blazing speed, intent on trapping his challenger. Said challenger however, was not phazed. "Angel, fly over it please." "To-Ge!" Despite the web's speed, she gracefully flew over it. However she looked to see that the spider wasn't on the ground. To the contrary, it jumped into the air, closing in on her. "Exactly what I wanted, use Poison Jab!" Koga's pokemon had the tip of its right front leg glow a sickly purple, and threw a lightning fast punch with the intent to hit home. A mistake really, going to the air against a flying type. "You're underestimating me ninja, and it will cost you. Air Slash now Angel!" Orenji was going to milk the fundamental mistake for all it was worth, and oh he did. The two buzzsaws of air hit their mark, super effective to boot, the poisoned limb of the Ariados failing to land on the account of the rather painful way it landed on its back. The spider pokemon weakly made to get up, then fainted, Angel's pure power too much for him to handle.

"You are indeed correct, I refused to take you seriously, however that will not happen a second time! You seem to be a worthy opponent, return Ariados!" After recalling him, he switched pokeballs. "Skuntank! Show no mercy to your opponent." Out of the ball came a fearsome Skuntank, hissing at his opponent. "Skunn-Tank!" However Orenji was not about to let Koga get the first move this time. "Angel hammer it home fast and hard (that's what she said :P) with Aura Sphere!" However Koga seemed to anticipate this, "Too eager boy, counter with Sucker Punch!" The skunk pokemon disappaered for a split second, only to appear and land a nasty haymaker in Angel's face with his left paw, sending her crashing into the wall. After a few tense moments, she emerged from the Togekiss shaped crater, visibly shaken but soon back to form and eager to respond in kind.

Orenji however had other plans, suddenly recalling Angel and sending out Troll. "Remember our deal Troll, give it your A-game." The Sableye wiped off the drool and got into a battle stance, a mischevous grin on its face. "An interesting pokemon, but it will fall here, Skuntank use Dig!" The Poison/Dark type immediately made a hole in the ground waiting for the moment to strike. Troll seemed to panic a moment, like the coward he naturally is, he didn't even have an attacking move besides Scratch for goodness sake! However the image of such a beautiful, delicous looking sapphire snapped him out of it and made him ready for anything. "Now Skuntank! Attack!" The pokemon responded in kind right under Troll, however a grin reemerged on the Ghost/Dark-Type pokemon's face. "Let's see how much a ninja likes tricks, use Trick!" The Sableye suddenly threw a small gray ball previously given to it at his opponent, smacking him straight on the noggin. Instead of being hurt by Dig, the attack never came, as the Skuntank fell back into the hole it made with a loud thud and a yelp of surprise and pain, that ball was heavy. Koga smirked, his opponent was smart as well as strong. "An Iron Ball with Trick? A useful strategy against a faster opponent I'll give you that." After a full minute, most of which was spent with Troll laughing at what transpired, the Skuntank slowly crawled out. Orenji wasn't going to let up however. "Troll use Toxic!" Koga balked, who poison's a poison type?! "Try to counter him!" Despite his best efforts, Troll effortlessly dodged the slow-mo lunge of the Skuntank and sprayed a deep purple poisonous spray at him, too fast to be dodged. The opposing pokemon looked worse for wear now, beads of sweat forming on its fur, the clock ticking on its condition. Before Koga could switch him out, Troll reused Trick to get the Iron Ball back, not appreciating the return of its weight. However seeing as how he too was returned to his pokeball, he didn't complain.

"You have strength and skill, guts too, poisoning a poison-type. But victory will be mine today, go Crobat!" Koga was 100 percent serious now. The Crobat looked quite fearsome, and bared its fangs at Orenji, who responded by bringing back Angel into the fray. "Angel use Aura Sphere!" "Crobat tank it and use Mean Look!" And tank it he did, shrugging off the Sphere like it was nothing, and responding with a glare that for a second sent shivers down Angel's spine, however she soon prepared herself for battle again. Koga had her right where he wanted her now. "Crobat use Cross-Poison!" Orenji wouldn't stay idle however. "Respond with Air Slash, and dont stop!" The Togekiss unleashed a neverending barrage of Air Slashes, however they were not very effective in halting the bat pokemon and she found herself assaulted by poison tipped wings. "Don't let up, use another Cross-Poison!" The ninja gym leader was dominating this one, Angel helpless against the onslaught of poison and wing. With a final swipe that looked to be the finishing blow, the Crobat got in close for the proverbial kill. What it didn't anticipate (or dodge) was the Aura Sphere to the face, sending it sprawling to the floor. Angel looked more than worse for wear, and showed clear signs of poisoning, health deteriorating each second. "Crap, Angel use Heal Bell!" "To-Kiss!" was the chime that healed her of her poison, just in time for the Crobat to have gained his bearings and land a critical direct hit via Wing Attack. However, she was not Maytec, and soon fainted after Orenji caught her before she could hit the floor. The Jubilee pokemon was battered majorly, completely out cold. "You did great out there, you should be proud." With that he returned Angel and reintroduced Troll, who once again got used to its new weight.

"No tricks for you this time, use Cross-Poison from above!" with blazing speed the poison tipped wings soon closed in, however Troll's grin signaled something Koga new he wouldn't like. In exchange for one wing hitting its mark square in Troll's chest, a bright yellow orb surrounded the Crobat, making it dizzy after a few seconds, its flight patter very erratic. "Confuse Ray!" the Gym leader spat, it seems Troll's sole purpose was to annoy. And annoy he did, the Crobat crashing to the floor and walls repeadetly, with Troll speeding the process along with a barrage of Scratchs. "Crobat fight through it, use Cross-Posion!" Koga's orders proved helpful, while taking a particularly vicious scratch to its body, the bat retaliated with a much more potent Cross-Poison. Potent enough to poison the tricky Sableye, who went down on one knee in pain. Troll was no Angel, and is the most fragile of the bunch. Koga capatlized on this, and ordered a Wing Attack-apolooza. Troll couldn't stand up to such attacks, but had enough in the Tank for one more move. After taking one last Wing Attack Orenji made his move, "Use Trick Troll!"
    Troll grinned once more and dropped the Iron Ball on top of the bat. Before fainting gracelessly on the floor. "Win or Lose, you deserve the sapphire" was the statement of pride before returning him. "It's two vs one now, hope you have another powerhouse in your team." Koga knew victory was certain, even with the Iron Ball and a poisoned Skuntank. The teen smirked, and did a Sentai pose. "Even better, I have Maytec."

The Rotom laughed at the Crobat trying to stay in the air, what a funny sight it was!
    "Your pokemon shouldn't laugh at the one who will defeat it, use Cross-Poison!" The crobat moved (albiet slower, waaaaaaayyyyyy slower and with greater effort) and attacked the washing machine without tiring, wing after wing used in the assault. One problem, Maytec wasn't poisoned, or even phazed by the attacks. "Use Will-O-Wisp!" was Orenji's command, and the little blue flame that could hit Koga's Crobat dead on, leaving severe burns on each of his wings. "A burn?!?! Che, this will not be quick, but it will end in victory for me!" Crobat tried to use Wing Attack, but it was all for naught as a nasty Thunderbolt hit him dead center. The Rotom giggled like a schoolgirl when Crobat fainted, and sent out a plethora of hearty guffaws when Skuntank returned to battle, the poisons effects resuming.

"Maytec use Hydro Pump, end this with one fell swoop!" The washing machine charged up...... and took an uppercut to its face, a-la Sucker Punch. The Rotom was knocked back several feet, and but bounced back seconds after, snickering when Skuntank winced from the poison. Orenji knew the battle was his, Maytec's pure bulk would allow him to outlast the skunk. "Use another Hydro Pump!" was his shout, smiling as Maytec took (and tanked) a right cross from Sucker Punch. This continued for a few more minutes until Koga started smiling like a madman. "Orenji! This move will be the last, and it will determine the winner!" This time Skuntank didn't back away after using Sucker Punch, instead (with a wince from the poison) he built up all the energy inside him, and soon let it out at point blank range. "Now Skuntank, Explosion!" Orenji's eyes widened considerably, he wasn't sure if Maytec could tank that. "Noooo!" and the room brightened up with a large amount of energy, followed by a huge boom.

The smoke cleared somewhat, and both were able to see the Skuntank on the ground. However, Orenji sunk his head, there was no way that could have been tanked. It was too powerful. Koga soon grew irritated however. "No pokemon could stand an Explosion like that, what is humorous about that, are you mocking me with your hollow laughing?" Orenji was baffled by the question, who would have the gall to laugh after something like this? Until he heard it too, and had a huge **** eating grin on his face and began to laugh.

Who was he joining in such merriment? A battered, bruised, and almost scarred Maytec, who noticed its condition and despite it, laughed a laugh like no other. Hell, even Koga joined in after a few minutes.

"You have proven yourself a very powerful trainer, full of heart and soul. And to prove it, I Koga, present you the Soul Badge." Maytec gave one last giggle, before fainting and being returned to its pokeball.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Janine stepped out of the shadows to congratulate Orenji.

"That fight was awesome," she laughed, ignoring the stern look from her father, "You should take this too, I guess it might be useful."

In her outstretched hand was a small mechanical disk.

Orenji received a TM! This TM teaches the move Venoshock.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Sarah Reyes​

Sarah smiled as the ball stopped rocking and she went over and picked it up. "Well, we have two more team members!" She said happily as Blaze walked over to them.

"Monchan!" Tim said with a smug smirk as Sarah withdrew him back into his pokeball. "Alright, we should head over to the pokemon center now. Don't want you walking around with a soon to be limp!" She said with a giggle as Blaze just nodded. She gladly led the way out, frowning a bit as she saw the girl she spied earlier start yelling at the people near by her. She shook her head as she handed the one ball back to the front desk. Some children these days had no good parenting whatsoever! She made her way over to the pokemon center and put Blaze back in his pokeball and handed her pokeballs to the nurse on duty. It was only a few seconds before her pokemon were fully healed and she thanked the nurse. Once she got back outside she released Blaze again and after a moment of thinking released her Heracross and Poliwag. Both pokemon looked at her warily as she read the information the came on her poketech. "Ah! So, you're a female and you're a male." She said to the Heracross and Poliwag respectively. She patted the Poliwag lightly on the head. "It took a lot of courage for you to face me." She said to the Poliwag. "And you put up a great battle!" She said to the Heracross.

"I will call you Julia, and you will be Dewer!" She said to the Heracoss and Poliwag respectively. "I will treat you right and as long as you two listen to me you will get as much as you two put in, okay?" The two pokemon didn't look that convinced. "Oh, this will be so much fun!" She withdrew Julia to her pokeball and picked up Dewer and held him in her arms. The poliwag looked at her, "You know, I bet with enough practice you can become a strong Poliwrath!" The Poliwag looked at her confused as she chuckled, "But that will be in the future." She returned him to his pokeball and stood up, "To the zoo!" She said happily.

She walked on over and soon enough she was moving among the exhibits, taking pictures of everything! She took pictures of the different pokemon, of the welcome sign, and all other kinds of stuff!

She was eagerly moving around and so caught up in taking pictures it was up to Blaze to move her out of the way every now and then. There was a group of kids she almost hit into, a employee that was moving a crate and he had to pull her out of his path. He gasped as she almost hit into a bench and had to hold his arm out to guide her back onto the path and there was another time where she almost backed into bushes and he had to go and stand behind her to keep her from tumbling back.The Blaziken had to keep moving her to the side and by the time she had finished taking some pictures he was starting to sweat again. "Well, I took pictures of this area. Onto the next exhibit!" She said as she rushed off and Blaze grunted as he wiped his brow and followed after her.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Ayame Akiko
    448.gif
    259.gif
    261.gif

Ayame dragged Dorian along. 'H-heeey.... Queenie....' Ayame suddenly heard Dorian say nervously. Why was he nervous? Could it ne because his butterfree always played pranks on him?

'Hey Queenie!' Ayame greeted the butterfree. 'Don't worry Dorian! We're almost by the dorms!' Ayame shouted as she giggled. And there they were, Hikari and Ayame stopped forward many dorms and walked to theirs. 'Here it is!' Ayame said. But also looking excited, excited to find out what prank Queenie would play on him.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Eve Murphy​

Eve stared at the Safari Ball as it silently shook for a moment and then settled. With a grin, she wiped her still wet forehead and looked down at Achilles. "We caught this one, at least," she said to him and walked over to the ball on the ground. Picking it up, she observed it for a moment and then hooked it onto her belt.

"Felix," she said. Achilles tilted his head and Eve turned back to him. "That's his name. I'm naming him Felix." Not a minute passed by before Achilles just collapsed right there on the ground. "Achilles!" Eve exclaimed, running over and kneeling by him. "You had a tough battle, so I'm going to have to call you back now," she said, pausing and lifting Achilles. "I know you haven't been in there for a few months, but you're seriously hurt and you need to rest." Eve removed the Sneasel's pokéball from her belt and called him back in.

She stood up and suddenly heard a ding-dong. Her time in the Safari Zone was over and she had only managed to use one of the three provided Safari Balls. Oh well, at least she managed to catch something. A murderous Scyther that no doubt would be a joy to have around on the cruise. As Eve walked back through the entrance, she returned the remaining unused ball and walked out of the Safari Zone, looking around the street as she saw children and adults all walking together and enjoying themselves.

Eve didn't know whether to go to the zoo or return to the S.S. Anne. She was never a really big fan of zoos and taking on gyms was not an option. Collecting badges was quite possibly the last thing she would ever do. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy battling, she just didn't like the idea of having to collect eight badges only to then have to take on four superpowered trainers consecutively. Talk about boring and exhausting.

Eve paced herself as she walked back to the dock, wanting to enjoy the ambience of Fuschia for as long as possible since she was returning to the ship so early. A young boy ran in her direction and attempted to go around her, but failed and bumped into her.

"Hey!" Eve said, startled. She looked down at the kid sternly. "Watch where you're running, kid. I mean, I like to run around too but I at least watch where I'm going," she said to the embarrassed child, who promptly ran off. Finally, Eve boarded the ship once again and returned to her dorm, sitting on the edge of her bed and leaning her head against her hand, pondering about what to do next.

Zagan

King of Demons
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    Hogan 'Iggy' Jules

Another morning, the rays of the sun broke through the gaps in the curtains and woke the young trainer up, sitting up slowly and in a rather groggy manner he sat up and looked around the partially lit room, it had been a late night and had fallen asleep (yet again) in his clothes; after a moment or two of sorting his head out, he heard the deep blast of what could only be a ships horn.

Hogan had reached Fuchsia city a couple of nights ago for the pokemon contest which had occurred yesterday; he had not added a third ribbon to the two he had, having losing out due to Nudge his litwick refusing to obey him at the worst possible time, but it had attacked, but it had used the wrong attacks, and had even hit him with a flame burst; it was tiresome and Hogan should of realized a freshly caught pokemon, one that had been previously abandoned, would not obey him straight off the bat.

But with that behind him, and having won a pass for the S.S Anne for a special water show in the first round, thanks to his Simipour Surf, he knew the ship would dock today (as the details were printed on the back of his pass).

He made his way down to the food hall for some breakfast, this morning he had tucked in to a full English Breakfast which had been cooked to perfection. As Nurse Joy was walking around the food hall, casually talking to the trainers in that happy and casual manner she had about her, upon reaching Hogan's table - she hesitated before greeting him:

"Morning Iggy, I wish yesterday had been better for you, but having seen your amazing pokemon, I must say - why not head up to the Safari Zone? There are lots more Pokemon to catch there!"

As Nurse Joy greeted him, Hogan nodded as he ate, but at the mention of the chance to catch more pokemon he looked up and finished his mouth full of food.

"Thanks Nurse Joy, once my pokemon have been checked over I will head over there."

(about half hour later)

"Thanks Nurse Joy."

And with that he gave a small half wave as he walked out of the Pokecentre, checking his map - Hogan made his way towards the gates of the safari zone, which he reached 15 mins later; He looked up at the entrance to the Safari Zone, a rare smile spread over the young mans face before he opened the door and walked in, hoping to add another pokemon to his little entourage.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Sarah Reyes
    Sarah had spent some time wandering the zoo, clicking pictures here and there while having a worried Blaziken following her thinking at any time she might get into some kind of trouble. Thankfully she didn't and the rest of the time at the zoo was actually incident free and a relief on Blaze's mind. Sarah had taken many pictures of various pokemon. Rare ones like Lapras, and Jynx. There were also others from the different regions. She came across a Elekid and a Mime Jr. and there were even some that were in the very different Unova regions such as Sandile and a Dwebble. She didn't get to see everything since the zoo was pretty big and she was getting tired as well. It was only two hours in when she had to force herself to walk out with Blaze following her.

"Oh, that was fun!" She giggled as Blaze nodded. "So, I promised you that you would battle, remember?" Blaze smirked at the idea and nodded eagerly. Sarah made her way back to the boat as she could see Blaze was really itching for a good fight. He hadn't battled in some time and so some exercise with a good sparring partner would be nice. She made a small detour back to her cabin to brush her hair back and clean off some of the dirt she had on her face.

As she made her way to the battling area she could see several trainers around. She waited near one of the battlefields hoping someone would at least see Blaze as a worthy opponent to fight.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Ortzi "Oz" Aidyn

He touched down on the ground, Alystar soaring around him with a soundless grace. The Pokemon chirped at him gently, causing Oz to smile and rub his head affectionately. "So..." he murmured to no one. "This would be Fuschia City am I correct in thinking so?" He consulted his map carefully and sighed. "I really must go about these journeys more carefully. If I cannot know my way properly around the Pokemon world I will look quite the fool..." He walked into the city limits with a small bit of trepidation.

Oz was fretting over that moment when he entered the city and would be washed over with that inelegant rush of emotional auras known as city life. There was simply too many people and too many trivialities turning them into rainbow that made Ortzi sometimes consider blinding himself. but that would be a hindrance so he always talked himself out of it. He kept his head held high however, as if he was not seeing what he was. Alystar, none too concerned with this issue, looked around politely. "Have you caught a glimpse of her Alystar?" the boy joked. The Pokemon shook his head amusedly. "It shall never happen hm?" he commented softly, earning a derisive cry for his efforts.

Oz merely shrugged, letting the large white bird perch on his head. Then he let out a delighted cry, flying off ahead of his human without further delay. Perhaps he has located the ship, Oz thought to himself, following the eagerly twittering creature. He had gotten the ticket from a strange man while roaming near Blackthorn. He wondered what had possessed the odd sir to give him such a thing but... he would not complain. Perhaps this journey would lead him to her...

This dock was thankfully not rickety. Some people made the worst platforms. He smiled at the man at the door, seeing politeness melded with slight irritation. The rush must be on its way. "My ticket sir," he told him. The man nodded and waved him aboard, causing the young man to bow his head neatly and walk past.

In all honesty Oz would like to go find his cabin. However he was more interested in the layout of the ship. So he took to wandering, Alystar occasionally releasing a cheerful chirping sound at passerby. He opened one door and entered to... a battlefield. "Quaint," the boy murmured, looking around. There was someone in this one, a girl with a Blaziken. The Pokemon looked rather... at least according to its aura, rather eager. So... a fight? He glanced at Alystar. "Would you like a match there miss?" He walked close to where Sarah was standing, giving a friendly bow and a smile.

Zagan

King of Demons
    Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    Hogan 'Iggy' Jules

The second the doors closed, 4 voices welcomed him to the safari zone, before one of them came to stand right before the trainer.

"Once more welcome to the world famous SAFARI ZONE!!" As she shouted the last two words, her arms were flung into the air and waved around, clearly trying to inspire some excitement from the young man, but he was as passive as ever, and seeing this, the Welcome Warden went on.

"Well, the rules of the Safari Zone are thus:

1) you may only take one pokemon in with you, you others will be kept in a safe until you return.

2) You have the chance to catch a pokemon, but you have only 3 of these special balls."

She pauses a moment or two to give Hogan three green and white colored balls -

"3) your have to come back once you either use all three Safari Balls or when you hear the gong.

Thats it, now off you go...! But first, which Pokemon do you want to take with you in to the depths of the Safari Zone?"

After a while considering, the young trainer out in to the first area of the Zone, he reached for his Pokeball threw it into the air:

"Surf, your time to shine!"

With a normal, yet artsy entrance, the water monkey appeared before his trainer.

"Ready for a mini adventure Surf?"

The Monkey just nods in response, and with that trainer and pokemon wonder further into the enclosed wilderness. The pair encounter many different environments and different pokemon, some of which run/fly or swim away as soon as they hear the footsteps.

It would appear that the gong would go off before having tried to catch any pokemon, that is until Hogan feels Surf tugs at his trousers and when the trainer looks at his pokemon, said pokemon pointed to the branch of a tree, which Hogan then looks at.

Getting his pokedex out, it scans the image of the pokemon in the tree, informing the young man that the Pokemon before him was a Venomoth.

"You want to battle it then Surf?" The Pokemon nodded. "Alright Surf, use Scald!"

A boiling jet of water shot forth from the pokemons mouth and towards the venomoth.

Being caught off guard, the wild pokemon was shot with the full force of the Scald attack, but it rose quickly, angered at being attacked by a sneak attack, its antennae shone for a second or two before a strong psybeam shot towards the monkey - the powerful psychic attack connected and short Surf off its feet into a nearby tree.

The Poison Moth didn't wait before launching its second attack, this time using the bug type move silver wind, a second strong attack.

"Surf, Dodge and retaliate with Aqua tail!"

Most of the damage was avoided, but the Simipour was just not fast enough and sustained some of the damage from the attack, the second water move connected across the moths body, knocking it back, but not out, it was still wanting to battle, but it did appear a little tired out, but not much.

"Surf, its still up Pal! Attack it with Acrobatics!"

As the blue monkey went into the attack, it was met head on with a tackle, but both moves missed, Surf was able to land safely while the Venomoth appeared to carry on a bit before stopping.

"Quick Surf, another Acrobatics while its still going!"

This attack seemed to make it lower to the ground, so not wanting to miss anything, Hogan threw the Safari Ball towards the Venomoth, hoping this would be the forth member of his team.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back