• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dangit Mom! Stop buying me worthless berries!!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If you're like me and use your mom to save funds for you, you'll know by now that she's find of buying you rare berries in bulk. I'm not sayingthat they're useless, but I'd much rather have Hyper Potions, Moon Stones, and Repels like she bought for you in GenII games, not just an extremely situational hold item. XD

Anyone else feel the same way?

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    My mom has the same problem as your mom, too. The majority of the things she has bought for me has been berries, berries, oh yes and more berries.

BUT!

She's also bought me a Moon Stone, a Silk Scarf, a Choice Scarf, and a Muscle Band.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
    She's proabably buying lap dances with my money >_>

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I have been mostly getting berries too. sometimes i fly there and get extra money. but she works fast. My mom must stand inside the store waiting to get enough money, cause after battles, its RING RING "oh i spent your money on stuff, sorry" i never use the berries that much anyway.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Well, if at least she bought more useful berries i'll be happy, but i've like 50 of the same useless berries haha

Years
    This is why I told her to let me manage my own money. I actually found some of the berries useful when I went against the Elite Four, but other than that they just take up space in my Berries pocket. I've only gotten a Moon Stone once out of alllll the times she spent my money. -_-

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    At first I liked it when she bought me berries, but now it's getting annoying because I would like it better if she bought me some pokeballs instead,
    ya know something not edible XD

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Well, the last few times I have played... She has rung me every 5-10 minutes ;-;

She has bought me a Moon Stone though, which will come in handy later. So not all bad I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    The berries are useful during the early stages of the game, but starts getting repetitive after like... say, 100 times?

Though if I don't want her to buy anything, I just don't pick up the items she buy.

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    @ Soulnuva - She still buys you stuff no matter what: you just have to keep talking to the delivery guy.

ANd yes, I am extremely livid at the fact that she buys those berries. I wish it were more oran, sitrius, or friendship affecting berries.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    When I first played Japanese HG I didn't know she had my money....so I never picked up the berries....and as a result she never called me again. =]

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    Gaah! D: That always drove me crazy about her...
    Like honestly, one time she called me about 7 times in one hour, and all she got me were stupid berries! D:<
    GAAAAAAAAAH! I don't want berries! Stop spending my money and get a job woman. D< </3

Years
    In HeartGold, she would call me almost after every battle. So whenever I see her calling, I walk into a building or just open a menu. When I see the deliveryman in a Pokemart, I'll keep talking to him until he says, "I have no more items for you."

I'm going to call the mom and ask her to stop saving the money.

Back