• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Charmeleon - Possible Fake/Misprint - Please Help

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2016
    Hi Guys, I recently looked through my old Pokémon card collection and found a card that I think is quite interesting. It's unfortunately very worn, but still useable. It's a Dark Charmeleon from the Team Rocket set. This is interesting to me for one reason: it is holo, and I can't find any more Holo Dark Charmeleons (though I don't think it's fake as: a - I bought it from a guy who plays in tournaments b - the holo aligns perfectly with the image), and also as the number in the bottom right corners, which should read 32/82 as that is its actual number, read 15/82, which instead is the Here Comes Team Rocket Holographic Card.
    As I can't currently take a photograph, I'll state this:
    - The card matches a regular Dark Charmeleon Card in every way, so if it's fake its a good one.
    - The bottom line reads: Ilus. Kagemaru Himeno (Copywright Symbol)1995, 96, 98 Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK (Copywright Symbol)1999-2000 Wizards. 15/82 (Diamond Shape)

So what do you guys think: Fake, Misprint, or am I missing something? Thanks.

UPDATE: I tried to take a photograph, but my camera isn't good enough to get a legible shot of the numbers.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
    It's fake, but not printed. Highly likely they used the holo from Here Comes Team Rocket as a base for the Dark Charmeleon.

However it doesn't means it's completely worthless. People do like those sort of fakes, especially the Charizard evo line

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I think you're right, however there is something I'd like to inquire about:
    as I said, the card's symbol is a Diamond. The symbol of the Here Comes Team Rocket card which the Holo originally comes from is a Star. I think I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but I'd still like to know. Also, do you know of any forums where I could find a collector who might be interested in this card? Thanks.

Back