• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dark Fantasy [ What new things do you want? ]

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I would like to see:
- gym leader rematches and trainer rematches
- new places to explore like the sevii islands
- the follow me feature but that you could chose of you want them to follow you because sometimes it annoyed me.
- A way to catch the other legendary. Or a way to catch Zekrom and Reshiram in both games.
- More roamming pokemon like platinum there were 5 roaming pokemon (Cresselia, Mesprit, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno).
- More information about Black city/White forest.
- Some pretty strong trainer like Red in HG/SS (Brendan that will be awesome).

Probarly more but that's all I can think of.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
this is what i would like to see:
1) leader and trainer rematches
2) battle frontier
3) able to go to a new area/region
4) more double/triple/rotation battles
5) more explanation to N's story
6) the follow me feature
7) battle a powerful trainer like red but this time it will be maybe Alder cause there will be a new champion
8) a whole new evil team or person
9) different sprites for the 6 sages and you can battle each one when you find them if you do
10) bigger post-game and maybe even new rivals^^

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
tbh I would enjoy seeing weather tossed into the game Like if its raining in your area it rains in the game or if it snows it snows in the game.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
tbh I would enjoy seeing weather tossed into the game Like if its raining in your area it rains in the game or if it snows it snows in the game.

You know I actually thaught that a time when I was playing Diamond because it was raining outside and it started to rain in grand lake hotel.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's not really relevant to the storyline speculation, so I moved it here.

While that is a good idea, I don't think it's actually possibly technically. I mean the games are only on DS, not some advanced system, I don't think the DS games can actually detect that stuff. But hey, who knows! It'd be nice but... I think seasons are as far as they'll go for now. XD

blue

gucci
Years
I think these games will be focusing on the aspect of what happened next hence the word sequel comes into play, yeah there will be added features that wasn't in BW but instead of just that we may also get possibly a shorter but new storyline.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Oh something I just thaught.
When you speak with Cynthia in B/W she mentions a trainer who intense eyes like the player and he faced giratina.
Well the trainer she speaking of is Lucas from platinum(Because of facing Giratina).
So I would like to have a battle in B2/W2 with Lucas or Dawn but probarly Lucas.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think there should be some sort of backstory to the Abyssal Ruins. A lot of people (including me) have many questions regarding it and the mysterious text.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
A list of things I would like to see in BW2

Here are some changes I'd like to see made in the sequels. These would make the game more enjoyable for me.
-Elite 4. Make them more powerful each time you face them after the acquiring the national dex. They're weak.
-Unova dex. Throw some preGen-V pokemon in there. I hated not being able to find preGen-V pokemon until I beat the Elite 4.
-Rematches. Add them. I want to be able to face gym leaders and random trainers multiple times. I expect their pokemon to slowly become more powerful.
-Battle subway. Remove it and replace it with a battle frontier. I liked how DPPt had a special area for the frontier, resort area, and the survival area.
-C-gear. Remove it completely. It is almost useless. I prefered the app system from Platinum. It was pretty convenient to use.
-Unova. Make it bigger. I want more places to explore.
-Berries. I want places to grow them.
-GTS. I hate seeing this: lv 73 Tornadus for lv 9 or lower Zekrom
Lv3 Poochyenna for lv100 Zekrom. I think you know where I am going with this.
-Legendaries. I want to be able to use them somewhere. They are banned everywhere. I just want to search for a random person and own them with my Mewtwo. Maybe a special "Ubers" playlist?
-Cynthia. Facing her a few times every 4 months wasn't enough for me. It would have been nice to own her more.

These are just a few things I would like to see. I am not calling BW a bad game. I play it every day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Here are some changes I'd like to see made in the sequels. These would make the game more enjoyable for me.
-Elite 4. Make them more powerful each time you face them after the acquiring the national dex. They're weak.
-Unova dex. Throw some preGen-V pokemon in there. I hated not being able to find preGen-V pokemon until I beat the Elite 4.
-Rematches. Add them. I want to be able to face gym leaders and random trainers multiple times. I expect their pokemon to slowly become more powerful.
-Battle subway. Remove it and replace it with a battle frontier. I liked how DPPt had a special area for the frontier, resort area, and the survival area.
-C-gear. Remove it completely. It is almost useless. I prefered the app system from Platinum. It was pretty convenient to use.
-Unova. Make it bigger. I want more places to explore.
-Berries. I want places to grow them.
-GTS. I hate seeing this: lv 73 Tornadus for lv 9 or lower Zekrom
Lv3 Poochyenna for lv100 Zekrom. I think you know where I am going with this.
-Legendaries. I want to be able to use them somewhere. They are banned everywhere. I just want to search for a random person and own them with my Mewtwo. Maybe a special "Ubers" playlist?
-Cynthia. Facing her a few times every 4 months wasn't enough for me. It would have been nice to own her more.

These are just a few things I would like to see. I am not calling BW a bad game. I play it every day.

Merged with the appropriate thread that covers this. :) Everything you want pretty much belongs in this thread!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years

Who doesn't want the following feature brought back? It was such a good idea. n__n Maybe GameFreak caught on to our thinking of carrying Wailord and random Pokémon in the areas they least belong in (Wailord in grasslands).

In every game whenever the question "What new things do you want" is brought up, everyone says there needs to be an extended post story after the Elite 4. While I agree, exactly what kind of post story would be good enough? & What happens when that post story is finished? I think instead of an extended post story, there needs to be more things around cities/towns to do and attend (more than once) instead. That way it's always around to get into and of course, enjoyable.

I would like for the airport in Unova to take us places, but if I remember correctly it's only used to import things?

Well I've never been as disappointed by a post elite 4 story then I was by BW. I didn't feel like I had any incentive to go explore in Unova and none of the towns revealed post elite 4 were all the memorable. I mean aesthetically they were fine (especially Bridge Town) but I don't have any reason to go back once. Like you said, some reason for us to return would be great. Obviously the story is going to end eventually but a visit or two couldn't hurt.

In DP there was a little bit of story in you going to Stark Mountain, Emerald had the amazing Battle Frontier. Just those two additions would make it better for me. A phone call from Professor Ivy saying she'd like me to head to "X" new location to receive "X" item=awesome.

Well those incoming airplanes have to head the other direction eventually!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I would personally like to see the character become like a police investigator. They would receive calls periodically about miscreants causing trouble somewhere, and it would be up to you to fly to whatever area and put a stop to their nefarious deeds. I would like to believe that, after becoming Champion, the League would call on your expert training skills to do stuff besides lounge around and wait for challengers. And fighting crime would be just the ticket.

Doesn't have to be rogue Team Plasma members either. We could have scenarios like the Bikers lurking on Route 9 deciding to rob and terrorize shoppers inside the Shopping Mall Nine.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I would personally like to see the character become like a police investigator. They would receive calls periodically about miscreants causing trouble somewhere, and it would be up to you to fly to whatever area and put a stop to their nefarious deeds. I would like to believe that, after becoming Champion, the League would call on your expert training skills to do stuff besides lounge around and wait for challengers. And fighting crime would be just the ticket.

Doesn't have to be rogue Team Plasma members either. We could have scenarios like the Bikers lurking on Route 9 deciding to rob and terrorize shoppers inside the Shopping Mall Nine.
This is actually a really cool idea! I'd love this personally. Gives you something to do after you've beaten the Elite Four as well.

There should be some kind of main place where you take them in or something, perhaps a building in Castelia City (if I remember correctly, there was one that was empty?). The criminals could all commit different crimes, but of course child appropriate. & To turn them in, you would have to battle them in which they would all range within different levels! It sounds so perfect, I'd love to see this in the game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I want a place called "Century Island" where all trainer and wild Pokemon are Lv.100! The first battle off the boat is a fisherman with 6 Lv. 100 Magicarp that all Maxed out in Ev/Iv and Only know Tackle.

You don't gain experience there, though. It is only for Lv. 100 Pokemon. (it would be WAY too easy to Level Up otherwise!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
i really hope there will be new characters, and a really goodddddd story, and a long game!

Years
  1. Splurge for a change of clothes.
  2. Postgame: Track down Ghetsis, have one more epic showdown with him, and make him actually face justice. And this time, don't leave him in the hands of butterfingers like Cheren and Alder.
  3. More emphasis on Team Plasma.
  4. Postgame: Buy some resort property (similar to the villa in Platinum)
  5. Rematches, oh heck yeah.
  6. Investigate this Alder character. Looks pretty dodgy and sketchy to me... Seriously, it would be an awesome plot twist if the respected champion was embroiled in some sinister conspiracy :P
  7. Make the starter town a huge metropolis, perhaps larger than Castelia. I'm tired of being some small town nobody in Pokemon games.
  8. Once you beat the champion, actually keep the title of Champion.
  9. Give the poor, overlooked heroine of FR/LG a cameo appearance as the Lv95 Pokemon-using uber boss trainer.

I approve of all of this. There also needs to be some smaller island, like an Orange Islands for Unova. And we also need some old Pokemon. I'm tired of not seeing any of the previous 493 until I beat Ghetsis.

And also, MORE TOWNS
MORE TOWNS MORE TOWNS MORE TOWNS

Years
Things I want to see changed in B2/W2:

1. Pokemon availability. I really want the pre-5th Gen Pokemon obtainable before the end of the main story so that everyone who hated 5th Gen Pokemon would be pleased. Plus, I didn't like having some Pokemon be only obtainable by transferring from the 4th Gen.
2. Rematches. Everyone wants this cos it helps you get way stronger than fighting wild Pokemon plus it has been a trend seen in Emerald/Platinum/HGSS.
3. Berries In-Game. I never used the Dream World plus I heard it's fiddly, introducing Berries without the need of Dream World would be really nice.
4. Move Tutors. I got appalled when B/W removed some of the awesome TMs (I can't get a Pikachu with Ash's Pikachu's moves!) so I'd like to see these "previous Gen TMs" be taught by a special Move Tutor and I think in B/W the only Move Tutors we had taught only starter-exclusive moves.
5. Striaton Gym. I didn't like having to face the Gym Leader strong against my starter cos it's unfair and puts you at a disadvantage if you don't have Pansage/Pansear/Panpour so I'd like to see them make you fight the one weak to your starter.
6. More Postgame Content. I already found the Seven Sages in Black and that was particularly boring.
7. Global Trade Station. I heard about people asking for like, Zekrom at Level 9 (totally impossible) and we need changes with the GTS.
8. Unova Region. Needs more areas in these games.
9. Earlier Trading. I hated having to wait until after beating the Striaton Gym to trade Pokemon, even if it's not GTS. I hate having to go through that again.
10. New Characters. We need new additions to the Unova cast (well, in the games that is).
11. More Detailed Seasons. The seasons were nice but they need more detail.
12. Champion. I want them to actually give you the title of Champion.
13. Rival Development. Cheren and Bianca were nice, but only if their development was better.
14. Evolution Stones. They were so difficult to find in B/W cos you had to keep running around in caves looking for dust clouds, and they are rare compared to Elemental Gems and Drilbur/Excadrill. I really want a place set up where you can buy Evolution Stones (I didn't like Black City's store cos I couldn't buy much). I didn't like having to buy Repels just for those dust clouds.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Things I want to see changed in B2/W2:

1. Pokemon availability. I really want the pre-5th Gen Pokemon obtainable before the end of the main story so that everyone who hated 5th Gen Pokemon would be pleased. Plus, I didn't like having some Pokemon be only obtainable by transferring from the 4th Gen.
2. Rematches. Everyone wants this cos it helps you get way stronger than fighting wild Pokemon plus it has been a trend seen in Emerald/Platinum/HGSS.
3. Berries In-Game. I never used the Dream World plus I heard it's fiddly, introducing Berries without the need of Dream World would be really nice.
4. Move Tutors. I got appalled when B/W removed some of the awesome TMs (I can't get a Pikachu with Ash's Pikachu's moves!) so I'd like to see these "previous Gen TMs" be taught by a special Move Tutor and I think in B/W the only Move Tutors we had taught only starter-exclusive moves.
5. Striaton Gym. I didn't like having to face the Gym Leader strong against my starter cos it's unfair and puts you at a disadvantage if you don't have Pansage/Pansear/Panpour so I'd like to see them make you fight the one weak to your starter.
6. More Postgame Content. I already found the Seven Sages in Black and that was particularly boring.
7. Global Trade Station. I heard about people asking for like, Zekrom at Level 9 (totally impossible) and we need changes with the GTS.
8. Unova Region. Needs more areas in these games.
9. Earlier Trading. I hated having to wait until after beating the Striaton Gym to trade Pokemon, even if it's not GTS. I hate having to go through that again.
10. New Characters. We need new additions to the Unova cast (well, in the games that is).
11. More Detailed Seasons. The seasons were nice but they need more detail.
12. Champion. I want them to actually give you the title of Champion.
13. Rival Development. Cheren and Bianca were nice, but only if their development was better.
14. Evolution Stones. They were so difficult to find in B/W cos you had to keep running around in caves looking for dust clouds, and they are rare compared to Elemental Gems and Drilbur/Excadrill. I really want a place set up where you can buy Evolution Stones (I didn't like Black City's store cos I couldn't buy much). I didn't like having to buy Repels just for those dust clouds.
Agreeing with most of this. Especially #2. The VS Seeker definitely needs to make its way back into the games because whilst grinding was pretty easy (with Audino), the VS Seeker would be way better. I'd also like to see Gym Leader rematches, where they have at least one or two more slots covered with more Pokémon. Maybe take and give out of the ones they have currently as well.

I wouldn't want to battle against the monkey that was weakest towards our starter though, that just ruins the challenge. If anything, I'd rather we battle all three of them at the same time. It would be the first triple battle gym match too.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Add side stories for each Gym Leaders. Expand their background and their stories. Don't let them become sprites that wait to be beaten. I've been waiting for them to have back stroies, the Gym Leaders.

I wish the battle against gym leader will be harder. Like level cap and pokemon cap and set of special rules. Though this is rather impossible.

This is exactly what I want! The badge system could be the level cap system. Each badge raises the cap little by little until you battle yourself from the ancient past future time Lv 100 special challenge.!!!!!

Back