• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Character Name: Nicky
    Experience: Rookie
    Starter Pokemon: Magikarp (for a storyline :D)
    Pokemon Nickname: none

Personality:
    Nicky is a quiet yet mild mannered teenager. He keeps himself to himself but when confronted can come out all guns blazing. He likes to work and enjoys the after effects like any pain or bruises that he might have incured from it. He loves nature and therefore loves pokemon. Even though he may appear tough he is scared of certain pokemon but because of past occurences. He can be very friendly when approached for the first time. It just depends on how you approach him to which side you will get. He is a strong family person and loves to help his dad. He doesn't have many friends and doesn't mind this. He likes to be alone but does hope to make new friends when he starts his pokemon adventure.

Appearance:
    Nicky is 6 foot and 3 inches. He is well built for his age and quite athletic. He has long, sleek, jet black hair that goes past his shoulders and down his back. He has bright blue eyes that contrast with his hair. His eyes almost seem to shine because of this. He has one of his bottom front permanent teeth missing due to a past encounter with a Geodude. Most of the time he wears tight fitting jeans. He wears a leather jacket that is always open. He wears a green t-shirt underneath most of the time, as green is his favourite colour. He has a black sweat band on each wrist. He wear white sneakers on his feet and hardly takes them off even when he is inside his own house. He wears a chain around his neck which he got from his mother. He has never taken it off since she gave it to him. He washes with it on. He never takes it off.

History:
    Nicky lives with his dad and has no siblings. His mum died when he was ten so he is very close to his dad. He still doesn't know how his mum died as his dad doesn't want him to know. But his dad promised him he would tell Nicky how she died one day. He has been nervous to go on a pokemon journey before but his dad managed to convince him that he should go on one. He is afraid of Geodudes as one used the move tackle to his face. Nicky thought it was a rock and kicked it. The Geodude angered by this reacted. He lost a bottom front permanent tooth from the attack. He has a recurring nightmare where he attempts to go through Rock Tunnel only to be attacked by Geodudes. Other rock pokemon make him nervous as well such as Onix and Graveler. All other pokemon he loves. He loves grass and water pokemon, probably as they would give him the most protection against rock types.

'I HaVe ReAd'

(ooc: let me know if I need to put more)

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Day 4 HAS STARTED!
    It's sun rise... today is going to be a sunny day. There are puddles here and there but by mid day they should be all dried up!

Brock released a press conference this moning. Aired on TV and looped in most pokemon centers every 15 minutes so that everyone is aware. Oaks lab is also playing this.
    "I have reason to believe that the Dark Trainers we have all witnessed belong to a group called The Society of Darkness. This society seems to be stealing dark pokemon and using them for experiments. I want everyone to be aware of this symbol

Most of these dark trainers wear this symbol on their clothing. It represents something, but we are not sure what. We will soon find out.

I will make myself available today for Gym battles, but the following days I may not be around. I will be working the Officer jenny and the police force in hopes of finding out more information on these culprits. If you need to get your gym badge for the Mt Moon Tournament, then today is the last day I'll be available!

Be very careful everyone!
    Brock out!"

-------------------------------------------------
    MOUNT MOON POKEMON CHALLENGE! Updated poster!
    Think you're one of the best trainers in the area?
    Do you have the ability to take on powerful foes?
    Come to mount moon - Day 7 - and have the chance of gaining a very special Gym badge.

A blank area for extra information has been filled in by nurse joy.

16 trainer tournament. Entry Requires ONE gym badge and THREE pokemon!
    Any trainers allowed aslong as they stick to the rules. Police officers and security will be on hand to eject those who do not follow the rules.
    Rules will be presented to you on the day should you wish to attend.
    Set off to Mount Moon early during Day 6 if you wish to arrive on time, The battling will start very early in day 7 so you need to get there the night before!
    Come and ask me if you need any more help.
    - Nurse Joy

More information available by calling this number...

--------------------------------------------------
    Pewter City
    Main features:
    A GYM. With many training rooms.
    Pokemon Center, With a restaraunt, hotel and a poke mart all in 1 building.
    A pokemon spa. For relaxing your pokemon. Run by brock's family.
    A small park, where trainers gather to battle.
    A pokemon museum.
    Lots of other buildings dotted around. It's not a busy city but its a large one.
    Wild pokemon
    On the outskirts of Pewter City you can find, Mankey, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Pidgey, Spearow, Pidgeotto, Jigglypuff, Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Metapod, Geodude. And in the ponds, Goldeen, Poliwag, Horsea and rarely the odd Psyduck.

Dark Trainers!
    Pewter city has had no dark pokemon thefts recently, reports indicate this may be because they are avoiding confrontation with brock. Brock has driven them out of the city and wants to make Pewter as safe as possible. Perhaps its a safe haven from Dark trainers because they're scared to cross him?

Pewter City's Gym Leader

Brock

Badge Name: Boulder Badge
    Pokemon Type: Rock and Fire
    Battle Type: Single battle. 3 Pokemon. (read rules)
    Rules: 1 on 1 battle. 3 pokemon. Each pokemon battles its opponent. The winner is determined and both pokemon are returned and cannot be used again. First person to win 2 battles is the overall winner. The idea behind this is to stretch the trainer's choices of pokemon and make sure they have trained more than 1 pokemon for the fight.

Check the 2nd post in the OOC thread to find out what pokemon brock has.
    Any questions? PM me or try the OOC thread.

Day 4 HAS STARTED!

GO!!!

Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
    Character Name: Hiro
    Experience: Experienced/Newbie
    Starter Pokemon: Squirtle
    Pokemon Nickname: none
    Personality:
    Hiro is a loner, he prefers to do things himself as he feels other people would probably hold him back, because of this he has very few friends. this is really just a barrier he put up, Hiro is actually a kind person, the ones who are able to see this side of him are his pokemon, there his best friends and when there in danger, he'll put his all into saving them. While battling, Hiro is pretty confident in his skill and his pokemon, if he loses, he'll gain some respect for the trainer and continue training to become stronger. Hiro is trying to change, he does want friends, but it'll take him time to change his ways.

Appearance:Hiro's height is average for his age, he has long blue silky hair, light red eyes, just contacts, his true eye color is brown. He wears a dark blue jacket and a green shirt, with dark blue pants, also blue backpack. He has the hair of his mother and a face like his fathers. Yes blue happens to be his favorite color, but he thinks that soon it may be time for a change in appearance.

History:Hiro is from Johto and was born in Cheerygrove City. After participating in the Johto league, Hiro returned home to his family, during his adventures he heard of tragedy that took place in Kanto. Hiro's father is from Kanto and he remembers all the stories of his father used to tell of his adventures in Kanto when he was a trainer, those stories are a big reason Hiro became a pokemon trainer, He heard of Prof. Oaks plans and decided to help, he left all his stronger pokemon with his family for protection ,he has a brother who also wanted to help, but Hiro tells him to stay behind and that he can handle it himself. He took a boat to Vermillion City, where he then took a bus to Pallet Town to see Prof. Oak.

Rp Example:
    Brock stepped into the middle of field, He says,"This is a one on one pokemon battle, which means each trainer will use only one of there pokemon, Are both trainers ready", Ash & Hiro simultaneously say,"YES", Brock lifting one arm up says,"Well let the battle begin", Ash with excitement in his voice says,"Go Pikachu", Pikachu jumps off Ash's shoulder and lands in the grass prepared for battle, Hiro who is also excited as he throws his pokeball, says,"Go Quilava", the pokeball hits the ground and opens in a flash of light, Quilava appears and says,"Quilavaaa".
    Ash ask pikachu if its ready and Pikachu responds "Pika", Hiro Ask Quilava if its ready and Quilava responds "Quilava", Hiro looks at Ash and says," Get ready, im making the first move, Quilava Flamethrower", Quilava opens its mouth and releases a scorching blaze fire that is heading towards Pikachu's direction,"Pikachu", says Ash,"Counter with a Thunderbolt", Pikachu's cheeks begin to sparkle with electricity and soon Pikachu is glowing yellow and releases a powerful thunderbolt, Both attacks connects with one another and create a giant explosion, Pikachu and Quilava Stand firm as they are ready for more.

I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

HiroUey - Updated 2nd time
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    After capturing Spearow, chris and missy started their steady walk back to the pokemon center. On the way back he started thiking about his upcoming battle with the Gym leader.
    "Capturing Spearow should help." Chris said as he looked over at his new friend Missy, who looked back at him confused. "With the gym leader I mean. Since Abra isnt really up to much." Missy nodded and smiled. They continued to walk as chris thought to himself for a while.
    'I know it's supposed to be a double battle... But I'm not sure what pokemon I'll use.'
    Eventually, they arrive back at the pokemon center and hand over their pokemon to Nurse Joy to be healed and get some rest. It's been a tiring day today.
    But as chris lays in bed, he thinks to himself about which Pokemon he could use.
    [/i]'Abra's teleport ability is rather good, Growlithe is quite strong and So is spearow. I need to come up with a plan.'[/i]
    Eventually, after lots of thought, chris closed his eyes and fell to sleep.

END OF DAY 3

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    DAY 4 IS GO! GO! GO!
    GET STARTED!!

Last edited:
    Years
    The next day Shelby woke up early. She noticed that Mijaan and the others were still asleep. She silently crept out of bed, disturbing Quilava whom she had allowed to sleep on her sleeping bag she had laid out on the floor. Quilava yawned and cocked his head to the side, looking at her curiously. Shelby knew that Quilava felt very much neglected, so she was hoping that today would change that. She crouched down so she was eyelevel with the Pokémon, rubbing the top of its head. Quilava leaned into her hand and continued to look at her curiously. She picked up his pokeball and returned him. Then she stood up and headed for her main destination—the Pewter City Gym.

As she walked she began to plan how it was all going to go down. Against Steelix she would send out Quilava. Nidorino would go against Graveler. She debated for a while on the last one, but finally decided that Pidgeotto got to go up against Ninetails. Besides, Shelby thought as she walked on the path leading up to the gym, I've been neglecting poor Pidgeotto just as much as I've been neglecting Quilava. She paused just outside the gym, sunlight shining down on her. Letting out a small breath she pushed open the heavy doors and walked inside, looking around.

Brock was sitting on the floor, looking as if he was almost expecting her to come and challenge him. So early in the morning, Shelby thought. She had expected that she would have had to wait a while, but apparently she didn't. Brock was standing now, walking towards her. She smiled and they shook hands. He introduced himself as every gym leader did, and then asked if she would challenge the gym. Shelby said that she would like to, and he agreed to accept her as the first match of the day. Shelby had to admit that she had that nervous feeling in her stomach, but otherwise she couldn't wait to battle Brock. Even if I do lose, she thought. She was beginning to get excited, this will definitely be a battle worth all the while.

After the rules had been explained, they each took an opposite side of the gym. "Let the match…" the referee began, looking at them both, "begin!" Brock grabbed one of his pokeballs and threw it. Steelix appeared, roaring loudly. Shelby grabbed Quilava's pokeball and chucked it onto the rocky stadium. Quilava appeared in a burst of white light, his flames sparking instantly. I bet Quilava's been waiting for a good battle like this for a long time, Shelby thought, smiling a little at her overly enthused Pokémon. She had to admit that it was a little bit like how she felt.

"Quilava use smokescreen!" Shelby shouted. She clenched her fist and took almost like a stance, watching the match carefully. Smoke spouted from Quilava's mouth, blinding everyone in the area. Shelby heard Brock shout something to Steelix, but couldn't make it out until she felt the earth begin to tremble. "Quilava go in and use flame wheel quickly!" Shelby called, pointing towards the smoke. Shelby heard a slamming sound, but then when the smokescreen cleared she saw Quilava panting with a small burn mark on Steelix.

"Steelix use stone edge!" Brock called.

"ROOOOAR!" Steelix shouted. Medium and small sized stones flew up around Steelix, before launching themselves directly for Quilava. Shelby clenched her teeth and told Quilava to dodge them as much as he could. Quilava was surefooted and quick footed enough that it managed to dodge most of the stones, only getting pelted by a few of the smaller ones. Quilava stood tough though, and when Shelby told it to use an ember attack it was ready. Flames discharged from Quilava's mouth, pounding into Steelix in a fiery blast. Steelix flinched, and attempted to turn its great body away from the burning fire. Brock told Steelix to snap out of it and use another earthquake attack.

The earth began to quake and almost heave. Shelby realized soon that this was a very powerful earthquake. When she looked at Quilava, she saw that its eyes were closed in pain as the earth trembled. Shelby clenched her teeth and fists at the same time. Brock stood on the opposite end of the gym, arms crossed, watching the battle unfold. Once the ground had stopped shaking, Shelby thought of something for the next earthquake. She told Quilava to quickly use a flame wheel attack. Fire sprouted around Quilava in an almost protective shield. Quilava charged at Steelix, but Steelix was ready.

"Use iron tail, Steelix!" Brock shouted. Steelix's tail soon became shiny and even harder than before. It turned slightly, and sent its tail slamming down towards Quilava. Quilava leapt up, using the flame wheel for power, and met the iron tail dead on. The attacks clashed, sending up a small cloud of dust. Brock ordered another earthquake. When the dust cleared as the earth shook, Quilava was no where in sight on the gym floor. Shelby smirked as a puzzled look came across Brock's face.

"You're not the only person with a few tricks up their sleeve," Shelby said. She grinned slightly, "Quilava use flame wheel!"

Quilava leapt from Steelix's tail up towards its head, body lit with fire. The attack slammed into Steelix, just behind its great head. Steelix cried out in a massive, booming voice. It hit the ground, but as Quilava leapt back away from Steelix Shelby immediately knew that the match was just getting warmed up. She looked at her already half-exhausted Quilava. Shelby opened her mouth, about to ask Quilava if it really wanted to continue, when Quilava looked directly back at her out of the corner of its eye. The look clearly said, 'Yes…I'm not giving in!' Shelby smiled at her Pokémon and nodded once, very curtly.

"Steelix let's finish this up with another stone edge!" Brock called from the other end of the gym, snapping Shelby and Quilava out of their little "moment". Steelix began to gather small and medium sized stones. They floated around it, near the massive Pokémon's head. This time though, Brock didn't launch the attack straight away. Shelby and Quilava watched as the stones gathered more and more to them, expanding in size. Shelby knew that soon they would be massive boulders just as big as the Pokémon itself…that is, unless they stopped that from happening. Shelby called to Quilava and told it to use ember to torch the boulders as well as Steelix. Flames spurted out of Quilava's mouth, slamming directly into Steelix.

"C'mon," Shelby murmured under her breath, watching the fight anxiously.

"Steelix hold on just a little bit more," Brock told his Pokémon. Steelix nodded slightly. It had one eye half closed, signifying that it was getting tired out. Shelby looked at Quilava and watched as the flames on the top of his head and back began to grow slightly smaller and weaken. Shelby swallowed heavily as she felt sweat beginning to bead on her forehead. The rocks had grown gigantic by now, piling on top of each other. Then suddenly Steelix released the rocks, sending them slamming one by one into the ground. Shelby cried out, almost running out to her Quilava. A sharp cry from her Pokémon prevented her as Quilava was pelted repeatedly with the boulders. A few moments later, it was over.

Shelby stared at the field, unable to comprehend what had just happened in her mind. Quilava was lying on the field, flames out. She looked at the referee who had pronounced that Steelix had won the first match, but mere moments later Steelix collapsed as well. Shelby walked out onto the battle field and picked her Quilava up, cradling the Pokémon against her. She knew Quilava was fairly big and heavy, but none of that registered in her mind as she carried her starter back to her end of the field. Brock recalled Steelix, waiting silently for her to make it back. When she did, Shelby crouched down and set Quilava on the ground, before returning him to his pokeball. She roughly grabbed the next one, ready to kick some ass.

"Go Graveler!" Brock shouted, throwing his pokeball to the stadium floor. A large rocky Pokémon burst out of the pokeball, and Shelby knew just what Pokémon she was going to use. She threw her pokeball silently, watching it sail through the air until it landed to the floor. Nidorino came out, pawing at the ground and lowering its horn towards Graveler. Brock crossed his arms once more as the referee stated that the match could begin.

"Nidorino use double kick!" Shelby shouted fiercely. She was surprised at the tone in her voice, but she wanted Brock to go down. Nidorino charged at Graveler, hopping up and slamming its feet into the rocky Pokémon. Graveler tried to flinch away from the heavy attack, but it didn't work. Once Nidorino was finished, it hopped back away from Graveler. "Now Nidorino go in with a horn attack!" Shelby called. Nidorino charged at Graveler, head lowered so the horn was pointing directly at Graveler. Brock commanded something, and then Graveler hopped up, curled into a ball, and flew at Nidorino in a roll out attack.

"Hit it as hard as you can, Graveler!" Brock called from the opposite side of the gym.

"Nidorino get that Graveler!" Shelby shouted, pointing at the rolling rock ball. Graveler was creating a rut in the floor, and when it slammed into Nidorino Shelby almost thought that the match was over. Nidorino got up, slamming its horn into Graveler when Graveler tried to run over it a second time.

"Break out of the roll out, Graveler!" Brock commanded.

Graveler rolled away from Nidorino, popping back into its normal rocky shape with arms and feet. They stood at a standstill for a few moments, until another command from Brock broke the silence. The attack was a giga drain, something that completely caught Shelby off guard. Graveler can learn giga drain?! Shelby thought wildly. She watched as, sure enough, an almost enormous amount of energy was sapped from Nidorino. It left Nidorino panting instead of standing proud. The Graveler looked like it had just come back from a special treatment, not that it was supposed to be in battle! Shelby clenched her teeth.

"Nidorino use double kick again!" Shelby shouted. Nidorino charged at the Graveler, and Shelby watched as Brock fell right into her trap.

"Use giga drain, Graveler!" Brock called.

"Nidorino snap that power with a dig!" Shelby said. Nidorino slammed its horn into the ground, burrowing deep below the gym. Brock looked mildly surprised, but other than that he didn't show much concern. He told Graveler to wait and feel the vibrations of Nidorino, instead of just blindly trying to move from place to place. "Nidorino thrash around as hard as you can!" Shelby shouted. She felt the vibrations begin in her feet as Nidorino used multiple double kick and horn attacks in the earth. Then, it appeared randomly out of the ground, slamming its horn into the Graveler and sending the Pokémon flying.

Graveler slammed into a rock. The Pokémon was now looking much more tired, but Shelby knew that it wasn't quite over yet. Brock's a lot tougher than Nathan was, Shelby thought, though she couldn't exactly figure out why. Isn't Nathan supposed to be the eighth gym leader? She wondered quietly to herself. Suddenly she didn't have any time for that, considering Graveler had just launched a powerful fire blast directly towards Nidorino. Shelby told Nidorino to dodge, and it did just in the nick of time. The powerful attack broke a boulder, sending the smaller chunks of rock flying off.

"Finish it with double kick!" Shelby shouted. Nidorino charged, full speed towards Graveler. With an immense amount of force, it slammed into Graveler and hopped back using its feet to thrust against the heavy rock Pokémon. Soon the beating was over and that part of the match had been called—Graveler was unable to fight and Nidorino had finally come out as the victor. Brock recalled Graveler for a good rest, and Shelby did the same for Nidorino. She smiled at his pokeball, and then hooked it back on her bag and grabbed Pidgeotto; her last Pokémon. And my last chance at this badge…because then I'll have to head to Mt. Moon, Shelby thought tensely.

"Go Ninetails!" Brock said, tossing Ninetail's pokeball up in the air. Ninetails sprang out, appearing in a beautiful burst of light. Shelby looked at the Pokémon in awe, now noticing the full beauty of that particular Pokémon. Snapping out of her little awestruck moment, Shelby tossed Pidgeotto's pokeball as well.

"Geo!" Pidgeotto called as it came out of its pokeball, flapping its wings. Shelby could tell that Pidgeotto was glad to be able to stretch its wings and fly, considering it was soaring around the room. The referee said the match could begin, and then things were off. Shelby was going to get straight to the point.

"Ninetails use flamethrower!" Brock called. Shelby realized that it seemed to her that Brock was going to get to the heart of the battle as well, rather than a bunch of useless moves over and over. Shelby smirked a bit, and then told Pidgeotto to dodge the intense fire attack. "Ninetails, swirl around so that Pidgeotto can't dodge!" Brock said. Ninetails did just that. Light on its feet, it turned round and round until the attack finally hit Pidgeotto, sending it slamming into a wall.

"Pidgeotto use quick attack!" Shelby shouted. Pidgeotto got up and flew at Ninetails at an almost alarmingly quick rate. Pidgeotto thudded into Ninetails after the attack, driving its beak into the Pokémon's soft fur. Ninetails hit a boulder and fell to the ground, but it wasn't over yet. No, both the trainers and their Pokémon knew that this battle was very, very far from over.

"Ninetails go ahead and use rock tomb to trap that Pidgeotto!" Brock said. Ninetails smashed a boulder with its tail and then Shelby watched as the rocks came raining down on Pidgeotto, trapping it in a tomb. "Now finish it up with fire blast!" Brock called, pointing towards the small tomb. Shelby cried out and told Pidgeotto to use a gust attack to blow the rocks away, but it didn't work. Ninetails used a fire blast attack, and it formed directly into the rocks. It made the rocks blow apart, Pidgeotto flying with them. They all slammed into the wall, including Pidgeotto. Shelby gasped and then clenched her fists.

"Pidgeotto, can you get up?" she questioned her Pokémon. Pidgeotto nodded once, and only once. It managed to force itself up, barely able to fly. "Sand attack!" Shelby said. She hoped the sand might douse Ninetail's fiery spirit, but she highly doubted it. The attack hit directly, almost blinding Ninetails. At the last moment, however, the fox-like Pokémon shut its eyes. "Pidgeotto now's your chance, use a gust attack!" Shelby called. Pidgeotto formed a small tornado, and sent it straight for Ninetails. Ninetails got attacked with the gust, and once the dust had settled it was apparent that both Pokémon were tired. Pidgeotto began to wobble, and then suddenly it went down for the count. Shelby's eyes went wide and she stared, unable to believe it.

"P-Pidgeotto!" She sputtered. Pidgeotto didn't even give a small cry. The referee had no choice but to call it in favor of Brock. Shelby looked at the ground and then back at her Pokémon. She grabbed Pidgeotto's pokeball and returned it. She glanced at Brock, and saw that he had done the same with his Ninetails. They met in the center of the gyms. Shelby shook his hand once more.

"I enjoyed that battle," Brock said earnestly. He smiled a little. Shelby smiled back and then turned to walk out of the gym. Just as she was about to go, she said,

"We need to have a rematch."

And with those words, she went to the Pokémon Center once more, and after that she spent some one on one time with Quilava.

(OOC: There...I did it, Mike...it took two hours, but I did it. That's five an 1/4 pages right there. You better enjoy...Scarecrow=dead right now...night everyone)

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Years
    Nicky Begins His Adventure

Nicky wanders into a huge empty pokemon lab. There are lots of important looking machines around, but there is no one here to greet him. He sees a TV on in a corner in the lab. He goes closer to the TV to see more clearly. Brock, the Pewter Gym Leader, is talking about the recent thefts of pokemon by a mysterious group of people. He turns around and he looks around the lab being careful not to touch anything.
    He sees a seat and decides to sit in it until someone enters. He sits down and immediately notices how comfortable it is. He thinks to himself that this must definitely be HIS seat.

Suddenly a grey haired man entered the lab rushing around. "I hope he doesn't get here early!" the man says to himself.
    "Professor!" Nicky says quickly jumping out of the seat.
    "Nicky!!" Professor Oak exclaims, "You're here early!"
    "I know! I wanted to get my pokemon as soon as I could. I heard that the Pewter City gym leader is only gonna be there today and then he's going to be tracking those weird robber people down."
    "Yes, it is complexing at the moment. In fact Brock rang me up just now, before he was on the TV, to talk about the situation. The TV stations have been repeating it and will continue to for the rest of the day. I only just put the phone down when I remembered that you would be here. And I've got a really busy day ahead of me."
    "Well I'll get out of your hair as soon as possible then" Nicky replied smiling.
    Professor Oak looked at Nicky and placed his hand on Nicky's shoulder. "In that case then, I have THE perfect pokemon for you!"
    "Really? Awesome!!" Nicky exclaimed.
    "Yes yes it is. I wouldn't usually offer this pokemon to people but as your so keen to be on your way. Here is your new friend!!" Professor Oak said as he took out a poke ball from a cupboard on the wall. He released the pokemon from its poke ball. A blinding light flashed and a pokemon appeared flopping on the table in front of them both.
    "Da na!" Professor Oak gleefully said.
    "It's a Magikarp Professor." Nicky said as his face seemed to turn upside down.
    "Yes I know! Isn't it a wonderful specimen!" Oak said carefully examining it, "it's good to go!"
    "Magii! Karrrrrp!"
    The Magikarp leapt into the air and landed on top of Nicky causing Nicky to crash to the floor. The Magikarp continued to splash on his chest.
    "It likes you already Nicky!! You two are going to be one hell of a team when its already doing that!"
    "I'll be sure to remember that the next time!" Nicky said trying to catch his breath as he stood up with the Magikarp cradled in his arms.
    "Don't be too disappointed Nicky. I know it's not the best pokemon in the world, but I'm assuming you know what pokemon Magikarp evolves into?"
    Nicky thought for a moment then his face lit up as he realised what kind of pokemon a Magikarp evolves into. A grin appeared on his face. He picked up the poke ball that the Magikarp was in and put it back in its ball. "Thank you Professor! I wont let you down! And I wont let this Magikarp down either!" Nicky said to Professor Oak. Nicky then started to run out of the lab.
    "No problem Nicky! Be careful for those thieves!!" Professor Oak shouted as Nicky opened the door to the lab.
    "I will Professor! I'll see you soon!" Nicky shouted back as he left the lab and ran off to start his adventure.

Nicky ran through the little community of Pallet Town. The small houses drying from the heavy rain fall from the day before. It was unusually quiet as people were staying inside due to the mysterious thefts. The sun shone through the clouds as he ran out of the town.

Suddenly someone shouted out to him from the little town. Nicky stopped and turned around to see who was calling him. Nicky smiled and ran back towards the person. "Dad! Hey! Sorry I just really wanted to get set off."
    "Ahh! I know how you feel! I saw the announcement on the TV. You wanna get that Pokemon League Badge today." Nicky's Dad said grabbing Nicky by the shoulders and hugging him roughly. Nicky's Dad, Matt, was taller than his tall son. He looks at least six foot seven inches. He is heavily built and has a huge beer gut. His stubble is thick and unshaven. His hair is blonde compared to that of his son's which is jet black. His hair is short and spiky. He is wearing jeans which are ripped in places. He is also wearing a black t-shirt with an Onix on it.
    "Daaad! Do you have to wear that t-shirt?" Nicky said prying his Dads grip from his shoulders.
    " Son! I hope you realise what pokemon the Pewter Gym Leader uses." his dad said looking concerned, "Your going to have to get over this fear of yours."
    "Yeah I know but the pokemon I got, his pokemon should be a blast!!" Nicky said grinning snidely.
    "Oh yeah? Lets see it then!"
    "Well its not much at the moment. I just really want to get off and get started." Nicky said turning towards the road out of the town.
    "Now come on! I want to be able to give you advice before you go. Even if it's a Magikarp I'll give you the best advice I can!" Nicky's Dad said smiling. Nicky looked up and unhooked the poke ball from his belt. He released the Magikarp from the poke ball. A bright light flashed and Magikarp appeared on the floor, splashing around.
    "Magi! Magi! Karpppppp!" the Magikarp exclaimed as it leapt into the air and landed on Nicky again sending him flying.
    "Ohh! It is Magikarp! You've got your work cut out for you if your going to beat that Gym Leader today!"
    "Thanks for that Dad!" Nicky said sarcastically trying to catch his breath again.
    "Sorry son, but it's the truth" Nicky's Dad said helping his son up. Nicky bent down and picked up Magikarp in his arms. Nicky looked down at his Magikarp in his arms. "Yeah I know! And that's why I really want to get off. I want to train him! He seems to want to go for it. I thought Id use what he did to me just now as an attack!" Nicky said hopefully trying to get a good reaction out of his Dad.
    "That's good! You're a hard worker Nicky and I can tell your going to make it work between you and Magikarp. Just remember that however hard it is for you. Its just as hard for Magikarp!" Nicky's Dad said putting his hand on Nicky's shoulder. Nicky smiled at this. "Oh! I forgot" his Dad said as he took a bag off his shoulders, "Here, I got this for you yesterday. Should be useful to carry important items and such!"
    "Thanks Dad" Nicky said turning around. He unhooked his poke ball again and put Magikarp back inside. He re-hooked the poke ball to his belt and his Dad helped him to put the bag on his shoulders.
    "Your Mum would be so proud of you" Nicky's Dad said as his eyes started to well up, "I'm going to be living on my own for a while now."
    "Yeah I know. But cheer up Dad! I'll ring you every now and then." Nicky said hugging his Dad.
    "Yeah you better buddy!" his Dad said as he dried his eyes and scruffled Nicky's hair.
    "Ahh! Stop it you'll mess my hair up!!" Nicky said trying to tidy his hair up.
    "Aww yeeah! I don't wanna ruin my sons chances of finding a girlfriend" his Dad said gimmicky and laughing evilly.
    "Shut up Dad! I'm not after a girlfriend!! I just prefer my hair nice and neat!"
    "It'll never be neat when its that long!" Nicky's Dad said grinning. Nicky ran off and stuck his tongue out at his Dad as he ran. His Dad laughed loudly and shouted after him, "You be careful son! And good luck!!!"
    "Thanks Dad!!" Nicky shouted back as he continued to run down the road towards Viridian City.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    Spoiler:

Mij RP. (Scarecrow1113 you can continue the conversation and walk us into the Gym if you want?)

Mijaan leaped out of bed quickly, realising he'd slept in. "Shelby come on we got-" He paused when he realised she'd already left. This irritated him slightly. He'd never had a pokemon Gym battle before and was hoping she'd be there to support him. Already dressed, he quickly ran out of his room to nurse joy and took his pokeballs back. With a smile and a thank, he was off. He already knew the rules for the upcoming gym battle and decided to work out a strategy.
    'Umbreon, King, Princess and Seadra' he thought. 'Steelix, Graveler then Ninetails. Well, if we can just get as far as Ninetails, i'll save seadra for that battle. Princess could probably beat down Graveler with her mudslap and Umbreon might be able to tire out steelix!'
    Mijaan grinned at the thought of his strategy coming together. He pulled out Umbreons pokeball and rolled it along the ground, Umbreon came out with a flash of white light. Smiling and sitting back, He looked up towards Mijaan, who knelt down and patted his head.
    "Umbreon, we're gonna go face Brock today." He said and umbreons eyes lit up with excitement. "How would you feel starting off the battle and facing steelix?"
    "Bri!" Umbreon nodded and sharply turned towards the gym, motioning for Mijaan to follow, who did just that.
    "I wonder where shelby and quilava have gone to?" Mijaan rubbed his head and Umbreon looked back at him. "Maybe they've set off for Mount Moon early?"
    Umbreon just shrugged and turned back towards the gym.
    As they reached the Gym, Mijaan thought he could see Shelby walking through the doors of the Gym.
    "Is that... No way" He gritted his teeth. "If she's got two badges and i've got none..." He spoke through his teeth. Umbreon closed his eyes and sighed at Mijaan's rivalry with Shelby.
    "HEY YOU!" Mijaan shouted angrily. "What do you think you're doing? Why didnt you wait for me? Why be so selfish, I mean, I wanted to come too! It's not fair.."
    His rant went on until he finally reached shelby, who was on her way to the pokemon center...

Last edited:
    Years
    As Shelby was walking out of the gym, she heard Brock say something. He jogged up to her and handed her the TM Fire Blast. Shelby smiled and said thanks to him, and said that he really enjoyed the match. Shelby walked out the doors, but as she did she heard someone say…

"HEY YOU!" Mijaan shouted angrily. "What do you think you're doing? Why didn't you wait for me? Why be so selfish, I mean, I wanted to come too! It's not fair…" His rant went on until he finally reached Shelby, who was on her way to the Pokémon Center.

Shelby blinked as she looked at the angry Mijaan. "Sorry, I just wanted to get this out of the way so I could train a bit more before going to Mt. Moon. And don't worry Mijaan, I lost," she said with a small smile. Mijaan looked slightly deflated at this, and looked at the gym with a mixture of something in his eyes that Shelby couldn't tell. "C'mon, I'll go cheer you on if you let me restore my Pokémon's health first."

"But the—," Mijaan began, looking to the gym. "Fine, fine, fine," he grumbled. If someone would have asked her Shelby would have almost assumed that he was pouting. Oh well, she thought with a slight snicker as they walked into the Pokémon Center to heal her Pokémon really fast.

A few moments later and they were all ready to go. Shelby grabbed Quilava's pokeball, and brought him out. It looked up at her happily as it said its name. She bent down and patted it on the head, and then they were off. Back to the gym I go, Shelby thought. Mijaan was asking a bunch of questions about the battle at about a mile a minute, but Shelby shrugged and said, "You'll have to battle him yourself."

When his eye twitched and he glared at her she grinned. "Oh yeah?! Well, last one there is a rotten egg!" Mijaan shouted and began to run towards the gym.

Shelby and Quilava blinked before jogging after him. That is, until they finally reached the gym's steps. Mijaan looked at Shelby and Shelby said, "This time I get to cheer you on when you get your first badge." Mijaan grinned and nodded, and they walked through the gym doors.

(OOC: Sorry it's so short, but that's all that I really figured would happen)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Barging through the door like an excited kid on christmas, Mij and Umbreon ran inside and frantically looked around for Brock. Eventually he caught brock in the corner of his eye and turned to face him. Standing on a boulder with his arms crossed he watched as Mij approached, with shelby and quilava following close behind.
    "You're Mijaan." Brock smirked as he looked down at his opponent. "I've heard of you, And i suppose you're here to earn your first gym badge."

Mijaan's nerves suddenly hit him, he'd never had a gym battle before and had no idea what to expect. 'Gulp!' He nodded.
    "Brock, sir. Your pokemon are healed." Said one of brocks assistants. She was just a young girl wearing the same clothes as nurse joy. She handed his three pokemon over to him and he gave her a smile before turning back to Mijaan.
    "Let it begin, then!" Brock said as he put two of his pokeballs away. Holding one firmly between his finger and his thumb.

"I-..." Mij stopped as he turned to look back at shelby.
    "Go on!" Shelby encouraged Mijaan as she stuck her thumb up. The fire on quilava's back lit up extremely bright as it called out to Mij and Umbreon.
    "I'll use umbreon for the first battle!" Mijaan pointed as Umbreon jumped between the gym leader and his trainer. Standing firm, Umbreon waited. Brock threw his pokeball in the air and unleashed an enormous Steel snake pokemon, Steelix.

'Alright, So far so good. Umbreon against Steelix, just how I planned it!' Mij thought to himself as the huge steel pokemon loomed over them. Looking up and stepping back, Mij called out to his pokemon.
    "Alright Umbreon!" He said as he pointed over at Steelix "Let's give him a great battle!" Umbreon nodded as it stood ready, waiting for Steelix's first move!
    'I need to use Umbreons speed in this battle.' Mij had a game plan. Brock called out a command to Steelix and the colossal snake pokemon moved along the ground, scraping against the earth beneath it and vibrating the ground below it, it then stood tall and swung its head away from umbreon.
    "What-" Mijaan was cut off as steelix's tail struck Umbreon and knocked it flying across the room into a boulder, smashing the boulder into bits and knocking up dust everywhere. As the dust settled, Umbreon climbed to its feet. Injured.
    'One hit... That's all it takes?' Mijaan stood gritting his teeth, frozen on the spot once again. 'Steelix is too powerful! We can't win.'

"DO SOMETHING!" Shelby shouted at Mijaan. "There's no point having umbreon just stand there! He'll just get hurt! Do something or return him!"
    'Return him?' Mijaan thought, as he got out Umbreons pokeball. By now, umbreon was fed up of his trainer and ran straight at onix, striking onix's face with a quick attack. It did very little damage but atleast Umbreon wasnt stood in the line of fire, quickly umbreon ran around steelix and struck the back of its head. Steelix wasnt fast enough to keep up. Dropping Umbreons pokeball to the ground, Mijaan clenched his fist. The same fist he'd hurt the other day when he was angry at himself. Then he remembered Seadra's victory over raichu. 'I can win... Even in these odds.'
    "UMBREON!" Mijaan shouted. "Use sand attack!" Umbreon kicked up dirt at steelix but steelix simply blocked it with its tail. Steelix was ready to go on the attack again.
    "That wont work." Brock said, laughing at mijaan. "Steelix wont be affected by your sand attack! Go, Stone Edge steelix!"
    Steelix bowed its head and smashed its tail into the ground, launching sharp rocks in Umbreons direction.
    "Dodge them umbreon!" Mijaan shouted and umbreon began dodging the lethal rocks, but was hit by one.

Bang. A cloud of dirt and dust shot from Umbreon and Mij couldnt see anything. Until the dust cleared.

Umbreon was down.

The referee announced, "Umbreon is unable to battle. Steelix is the winner!"
    Mijaan looked on in horror. This was going bad.

--- Battle with graveler re written. ---

Mijaan picked up Umbreon's pokeball and returned him as Brock returned steelix.
    "Kid, you've got alot to learn." he said as he threw out his next pokemon. Graveler.
    Mijaan was ready to give up. He looked down at his remaining pokeballs and thought to himself.

'This wont work. We can't win this!' He took hold of Princess's pokeball and threw it out. She stood ready for battle staring down graveler.
    "Don't lose confidence Mij!" Shelby shouted at him. "You can win this if you try!"
    Mij remembered when Shelby beat nathan in her battle. When things looked bad she didnt seem to give up.

'No! I won't give up!' Mij punched the air. "ALRIGHT! Princess, Start things off with some poison stings!" He knew this wouldnt have much effect and Graveler would probably become over confident. It worked. Graveler stood taking sting after sting, with almost no damage. Mijaan called out another command but nobody heard what it was and graveler had no idea that Princess had sneaked up close. Graveler was shocked when his face was smacked hard by her muddy paw and was knocked back quite a distance. After climbing to its feet, Brock ordered Graveler to use Fire Blast!

Bang! A fireblast attack struck Princess down to the ground. She was hurt but shook off most of the damage when she climbed back to her feet.
    "Another Graveler!" Brock shouted.

"Fire? Hmm.. Princess put that flame out!" Mijaan commanded.

Graveler stretched out all its arms and began to summon up fire energy, but princess moved in quickly. Combining her sand attack with mudslap, she kicked up dirt in graveler's face. Putting graveler off the fire attack and leaving it wide open, She moved in and landed another Mud Slap directly to Graveler's face. Who by now was quite hurt.

However, he wasnt about to give up. Graveler grew angry and waited for brocks next command - Rollout. Leaping into the air, he began to roll in Princess's direction. She stood ready for the attack, but couldnt seem to stop it and was knocked flying through one of the boulders in brock's gym. Graveler continued to build momentum and headed back towards Princess, who lunged forward this time. Headbutting graveler into the air.This hurt princess alot, however.

"She just used headbutt!" Shelby called out to Mijaan who seemed focused now.

"Alright, another headbutt NOW!" Yellled Mij. Sure enough, just as Graveler landed. SMACK! It received a headbutt to the face and was sent flying into a boulder. Graveler climbed to its feet and stood looking towards Princess, angrily it threw two fists into the ground and the earth shuddered beneath the gym. A crack formed from where graveler was stood and the earth split beneath princess too... Her leg was hurt in the earthquake.

"Mudslap!" Mijaan shouted to princess, who pulled herself together, Gravelers hands were stuck in the ground. SMASH! Graveler was hit, and still struggling to pull itself out of the ground.

"Don't let it get up, Finish it with another mud slap." Mij yelled his last command of the battle as Princess leaped in the air and fell towards her opponent. With a paw full of mud, Smacked graveler right in the face and delivered a devastating blow. Graveler roared out loud and finally fell down with its eyes closed. It was out cold. Princess had marks all over her body and was in definate need of rest.

"Graveler ... is ... unable to battle! Princess is the winner!" Said the referee.. somewhat shocked.

Brock looked on, confused. Did he really just lose?

---

"Hmm..." Brock looked as mijaan returned his pokemon. Graveler was aso returned. "Not too bad... But heres where it ends."
    Mijaan laughed. "Not so fast! Your ninetails has nothing on my pokemon! GO SEADRA!" he yelled as he launched Seadra's pokeball into the air. Seadra stood ready for the fire pokemon it was about to battle.
    "You've lost.." Brock smirked as he pulled out a pokeball from his pocket. Mijaan looked on, still confident that he was about to get his first badge.
    'He really has no chance! His ninetails doesnt even come close to seadra! If-' Mijaan stopped. 'Wait... What if he..'
    "Unfortunately, you really have no clue what you're doing Kid." Brock looked on seemingly focused. "You really think, a trainer like me, only has THREE pokemon?"
    Mijaans blood ran cold as brock threw his pokeball into the air. His plan was about to fall apart. If brock wasnt going to use Ninetails...
    "MARSHTOMP!" A marshtomp stood where Mijaan expected ninetails to be... this wasnt going to be as easy as he thought.

Mijaan grew nervous about the upcoming battle. He expected to have the type advantage against Ninetails but was instead pitted against Marshtomp. He had no idea what Marshtomp could do, this didnt look good.
    "Marshtomp!" Brock yelled, bringing Mijaan back to his senses. Suddenly he realised he had to come up with a plan as he watched on as Brock called out for a wave of take down attacks and Marshtomp began running in. Leaping to the side, Seadra attempted to avoid the attack but was caught off guard.
    SLAM!
    Marshtomps attack hit directly on target and Seadra was knocked back. Though seadra was unphased by it and launched a Hydro Pump attack directly at his face, who simply wiped away the water and gladly sat in the mud. Eventually it began heading back towards Seadra for another take down.
    'Water won't have an effect...' Mijaan sighed 'But seadra only knows-'
    Then he realised. "Wait for it to get close again and use toxic!" Seadra began to spit out it's toxic attack at Marshtomp.
    SLAM!
    Seadra was struck directly by Marshtomps take down and knocked flying through a boulder, coming out the other side.
    'We need to keep our distance.' Mij thought to himself as Marshtomp moved in for another attack. 'Seadra will get smashed up by those take downs.'
    "Long range attacks Seadra!" Mijaan shouted. "We gotta keep him at range!" Mijaan didnt notice, but brock smiled. Mij was finally doing something right.
    "Marshtomp! Ice Beam!" "Seadra! Bubble Beam!" The two trainers yelled and their pokemons acted accordingly. They fired off a powerful pair of beams directly at eachother and they both collided in a massive ice explosion. After the snow dust settled, a large ice block was standing in place where the two beams connected.

Brock smirked at this. "Now Marshtomp. Use the height for a massive take down!" He commanded his pokemon and pointed at the ice block. Marshtomp ran in and leaped onto the massive block of ice. He stood waiting for Seadra to approach, but she didnt. Seadra had a plan!.
    She fired a massive hydro pump at the ice block, knocking it from under Marshtomp's feet who, in turn, fell onto his face. The block of ice shattered under Seadra's powerful attack.
    "Another!" Mij yelled and seadra did just that, hitting marshtomp right in the face and knocking it through one of the boulders in brocks gym. Marshtomp wasnt hurt that much though and quickly climbed back to its feet. But mij wasnt done yet.
    'He still hasnt noticed that his pokemon is poisoned, aslong as i can keep it at range, make sure it doesnt hurt Seadra, we'll win this!' Mijaan nodded with confidence.

"Come on Seadra! You can do it!" Shelby shouted from the sidelines. Quilava silently watched as the two water pokemon fought.
    Seadra, without command from its trainer, fired off a massive bubblebeam and marshtomp instantly responded with ice beam. The two trainers watched as their pokemon continued to clash with powerful beams atleast 4 or 5 more times, producing massive blocks of ice each time.
    "Enough of this!" Brock spoke calmly to Marshtomp who looked back at Brock, only to get hit by an incoming Bubblebeam, fortunately doing very little and only knocking him back a few paces. Marshtomp looked back up at Seadra and waiting for brocks next command. "Muddy Water!"
    'What is that?' Mij looked up at the massive brown water wave heading for Seadra. The wave crashed down on Seadra and knocked it flying into one of the boulders. Climbing out and looking rather tired, seadra was almost beaten. It couldnt move.
    "Finish it off Marshtomp!" Brock pointed at seadra. "Take down!" This was it. Seadra would be defeated if this attack hit and Mij knew it. As brocks Marshtomp began running towards Seadra for a massive final blow... Mijaan's heart sunk. He closed his eyes... this was over. Mij opened his eyes as

...it fell to the ground, unconcious.

"What!?" Everyone was stunned, even Mijaan. But then he realised what had happened, and shortly after, so did brock.
    "Marshtomp is unable to battle!" The referee said with an excited tone in his voice. "Mijaan and Seadra win the battle!"
    After collecting his pokemon, Brock walked over to Mijaan and held out the Boulder Badge. "Toxic" he said. Mijaan nodded but didnt look too pleased at the win. It was a stroke of luck that Seadra managed to get that toxic attack off and he knew it. Brock handed him his TM - Fireblast.

Walking away from the battlefield, after receiving his badge and his TM - Fire Blast. Mijaan was far from happy.
    His battle with brock went bad and he'd only just won.
    "Well done!" Shelby said, but just watched as he brushed past her ignoring her. "..Hey wait!"
    Mijaan sighed but then stopped as he heard Brock shout him.
    "Mijaan." He tossed over a pokeball to Mij. "Take this. It's Marshtomp! I was going to send him back to Oak's lab but i think he'd be happier with you."
    He looked at the pokeball then back at brock and shook his head. "I've already got a water pokemon in my team, I don't think i need two. But i know who might be interested." He turned to shelby and held out the pokeball. "Well...?"

Last edited:

HiroUey

Years
    A Few days before everyone arrived to see Prof. Oak...

After arriving in Vermillion City, Hiro wasted little time, for as soon as he found himself getting off the boat, he was getting on the bus to Pallet. While on his way, he thought,'WOW, this place seems a little depressing, well I guess it would be considering whats been happening, well no matter, I'll fix things', and as he said that, he tipped his hat over his face and fell asleep.

The bus ride took two days to reach Pallet Town, the bus stops, Hiro gets off and stretches, thinking that that bus ride seemed forever. Its morning, not wanting to waste time, He goes straight to see Prof. Oak. He enters the lab, "looks a little messy in here he thought", not one to wait, he begins to yell,"Proffesor are you here, is anyone here". He begins to walk deeper in the lab.

A figure steps out," Whats with all the noise, huh, who are you",
    Hiro looks at Prof. Oak and thinks,'Intersting, this Proffesor Oak', Hiro answers,"Im Hiro, im here for a pokemon".
    Prof. Oak says,"Ah, but you know your early, im suppose to meet the trainers in a few days".
    Hiro, not wanting wait ask," Well how about I get my pokemon now and I'll come back in a few days, when the trainers arrive",
    Oak says,"Sure, I dont see why not, here you go, I know you wanted Squirtle".
    Oak hands Hiro a pokeball containing the pokemon Squirtle. Hiro pushes the button on the center of the pokeball and flash of light appears as the ball opens, Squirtle appears.
    Hiro crouches down and says," Hello there, im your new trainer",
    Squirtle replies," squirtle squirt".
    Hiro returns squirtle to his pokeball an says,"Ok, thanks Proffesor, ill be back in a few days",
    Proffesor Oak says," remember in a few days".
    Hiro leaves the lab and goes to train with Squirtle while he waits for the other trainers.

Present Day...

Hiro not realizing that he's three days behind steps into Proffesor Oaks lab, he then sees that lab is once again empty, he goes to the back of the lab and sees Prof. Oak.
    Hiro ask," Where is everyone, am i still early".
    Professor Oak replies,"Nope, your actually a few days late, everyone else has gone on ahead, some people have made it Pewter",
    Hiro says,"What", cursing his carelessness. Prof. Oak tells him that if he gets a move on, he may be able to catch up, Prof. Oak talks with him some more and then Hiro says goodbye and and leaves the lab, he begins to run, he leaves Pallet town not looking back and enters Route 1.

Hiro continues to run, until he spots something, he stops and looks ahead, its a Bellsprout, realizing that he while he was training, he neglected to catch any pokemon, and knew that he needed more than one, he decided to try and catch it. Hiro takes a pokeball off his belt, and throws it, the ball opens and out comes Wartortle, Hiro an Squirtle trained hard uring there days away and Squirtle was able to evolve.

Hiro ask Wartortle if its ready, Wartortle replies,"wartortle", so without warning, Hiro says,"Wartortle, bubble attack", Wartortle aims at Bellsprout and shoots out many little bubbles that hit Bellsprout, Bellsprout turns around and look angry.
    Bellsprout uses its Vine Whip attack, two vines are heading toward Wartortle.
    Hiro shouts,"Wartortle, grab the vines with your mouth, wartortle dodges both vines and manages to bite down and grab ahold of both vines.
    Hiro says,"Now toss Bellsprout into that tree", Wartortle begins to spin Bellsprout around and releases him, Bellsprout flies into a tree, Hiro says," now finish up with water gun", before bellsprout can fall, Wortortle shoots a blast of water and hits Bellsprout.
    Bellsprout falls to the ground, Hiro grabs a pokeball from his backpack and tosses it at Bellsprout, Bellsprout is hit by the pokeball and is sucked in, Hiro waits as the ball shakes.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

HiroUey
    Slightly better. Still need to improve abit. I'll let you take Bellsprout even though i dont think you can find them near pallet town...

The pokeball shakes around for a while...
    Spoiler:

I'm going to employ Scarecrow1113 as my Official RP assistant to help in certain decisions. :P
    She's gonna help me with the upcoming tournament cause it's gonna be difficult for one person ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    As Mijaan stood there with the pokeball extended towards her, Shelby blinked several times. She then reached out and took Marshtomp's pokeball from Mijaan, and then glanced back at Brock. There was a small smile on his face. Shelby looked at Mijaan and beamed, but her smile dropped slightly as she saw a sad sort of look that had now appeared on his features. Shelby found her countenance dipped into a frown as she looked at Mijaan. She opened her mouth to ask what was wrong, but then he pointed to the Pokémon Center.

"I suppose we're going back there," he said, trying to make it seem lighthearted. They walked to the Pokémon Center in silence. Shelby turned Marshtomp's pokeball around in her hands, and then looked back at Mijaan. He seemed to be disheartened slightly, even though he had just won his new badge. I wonder why, Shelby thought as she walked a little ways behind him, I mean…I couldn't beat Brock, and Mijaan should be proud of himself, but…then what could be wrong? She cocked her head to the side as she tried to figure it out. When they reached the Pokémon Center, things were still quiet between them.

"Here are your Pokémon," Nurse Joy said, once they had been fully healed.

"Thanks," Mijaan replied. He put his pokeballs away. "Do you want to go to the park?"

Shelby blinked at the question, and then nodded slowly. "Yeah, sounds like a good idea to me. I should probably check out Marshtomp and his abilities anyway." Mijaan nodded in agreement and they headed out of the Pokémon Center and then towards the park. Shelby shot a sideways glance at Mijaan, who still had the Pewter City's Gym badge in his hand. Shelby wondered why he was staring holes in it, but then decided that she should ask.

"Here we are," Mijaan interrupted before she could even begin.

"Wait," Shelby said, grabbing the sleeve of his jacket. Mijaan turned to her and looked at her questioningly. "What's wrong, Mijaan?" Shelby asked as they walked through the doors.

"Nothing," Mijaan replied. "You have five Pokémon, right?" he asked, avoiding the question. Suddenly they were pushed into two different rooms. Shelby turned to knock on the door, demanding to be let out but another trainer had already walked up to her and had demanded a challenge. Shelby opened her mouth to reject, but then she slammed her fist against the wall.

"Yeah," she said in a slightly raspy voice. "I'll battle you." They walked to a stadium, the girl looking at her in a slightly cautious way. Shelby's finger's twitched lightly, but she ignored it.

"One on one," the girl said. "Ready?"

Shelby nodded, a smirk appearing on her face. "Let's go," she said. She grabbed Marshtomp's pokeball. "Marshtomp!" Shelby called, chucking the pokeball. Marshtomp appeared out of his pokeball, ready to fight.

"Tomp!" Marshtomp cried. Shelby watched as the other trainer sent out a Pikachu. Shelby shook her head, and then grabbed her Pokedex to check all of Marshtomp's attacks. Perfect, she thought, noticing the attacks. She also knew none of Pikachu's electric attacks would work on Marshtomp. She glanced at the other young trainer, and had a funny feeling that said trainer didn't know this fact.

"Marshtomp use muddy water!" Shelby called, pointing to the Pikachu.

"Pikachu use…uhm…" the little trainer began. "Thundershock, I think," the girl said in a meek voice. Shelby blinked, and watched as the attack repelled off of Marshtomp and the tidal wave of brown water slammed Pikachu backwards into the wall. The playing field was normal today—not helpful to either of the Pokémon's types. Pikachu's trainer doesn't really seem to know a whole lot, Shelby thought, glad that she was finally getting lost in the battle instead of worry over Mijaan when he almost clearly didn't want her to bug him about it. She sighed and went back to battling.

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Waking up with a long yawn, Nova stretched and did the necessary morning routine. 'That competition sounds fun!…Today I'm going to have to battle Brock, and win. That broadcast that was on last night said today would be the last available time before the competition!', Nova thought, getting psyched for his first gym match later in the day. Walking to the lobby, Nova spotted Nurse Joy, and was handed his pokeballs quickly. 'Let's train these guys first, if only a little, it'll help against Brock.'
    Entering the battle park again, Nova looked around; Nobody was there, a perfect opportunity to train.
    "Houndour, Machop! Get out here!", and the two pokemon burst from their pokeballs, ready to go. "Hey, we are gonna go and challenge the Pewter Gym Leader today, guys. He uses rock types, so we'll have to watch out for that, Houndour. Okay…let's get to it!", Nova stated. Houndour grinned slightly at the mention of being careful, but gave Nova a determined look, he didn't want to mess this up for Nova. Houndour grinned widely, then turned to a nearby tree, and proceeded to tackle it over and over at Nova's request. Machop was ordered to focus on his agility while attackng, 'It could prove useful for surprises…', Nova ordered him to attack a nearby rock with Karate Chop.

Just as Machop chopped at the rock, "Now jump right back to me!", Machop was caught off guard by this, and when he tried, he slipped and fell. "Come on, you can do better then that, Machop! Try again!", Nova encouraged. Machop grinned a bit as he got up and ran through it again. Giving the order to jump back again, Nova noticed a slight improvement in Machop's reaction speed, but it was very faint. Glancing over at Houndour's progress, Nova noticed the spot where he was hitting it was getting progressively bent inward. 'Looks like Houndour is stronger then I gave him credit for…I wonder if he can break the tree in half…probably not', Nova pondered. Returning his attention to Machop, Nova ordered another jump back, with the same results as the last time. "Don't worry Machop, these things take a while!", he assured his fighting type. A half hour went by, and the monotony was evident.
    "Well, well. What have we here?", a voice came.

Looking around wildly, Nova finally pinpointed the direction it came from. It came from Lucien, standing behind him. "I bet you could use a hand training your pokemon, couldn't you? Well, I'm up for it! Go Diglett!", Lucien didn't even wait for an answer, and the mole appeared.
    "Argh, you aren't even gonna let me answer?", Nova asked, frustrated. "Houndour, keep it up, Machop will take this round!", Nova informed his two pokemon. Machop looked over at the Diglett, then looked back at the rock he was training on, he looked like he was still up for trying out the attack-dodge. Diglett started things off with a Rock Throw. "Machop, chop up those rocks!", the order came, and Machop sprang into action. Chopping up the rocks was an easy task, but it was only a distraction for the Diglett to get in close.
    As the rocks crumbled beneath Machop's hands, Diglett appeared right behind, and struck with another rock throw. It was too close for Machop to dodge, so he instead got sent back a few feet from the force of the rocks.

"Come on Machop! Attack…then Dodge! Remember?", Nova reminded his pokemon of the training he was putting him through. A glimmer of light appeared in Machop's eyes, as he figured out that would help with his training. Eager to try the attack-dodge again, Machop began focusing energy. Lucien watched Machop curiously, 'He just got hit with a close range Rock Throw, why is he excited now?'.
    "Diglett, another rock throw!", a cluster of rocks were quickly sent at Machop, but Machop was giving his full attention now, he wouldn't be fooled again. "Go, chop them to bits. Attack-dodge, don't forget!", with the order given, Machop flung himself into action. Chopping the rocks to fragments revealed Diglett again, however Machop hopped back quickly, and safe from harm. Looking amazed at what he had just done, Machop gave a thumbs up to Nova, who returned the thumbs up with a smile.
    On the other side of the field, both Lucien and Diglett looked shocked that their newly developed plan had been thwarted so…effortlessly, it seemed! "Lucien, let's keep doing that! It is necessary for my training!", Nova called to Lucien. Lucien nodded and ordered another Rock Throw. Machop was ready, and set the training into motion, and an hour later, Machop had the basic concept down, and only slipped up a few times every once in a while. Pleased with Machop's progress, Nova decided to give him a rest, so Houndour could get a battle in.
    Informing Lucien of the choice, both sides made pokemon changes. It was now Kirlia against Houndour. The Emotion pokemon was true to its' name, and was instantly fired up upon setting his gaze at the dark type.

"I think you will see a difference in Kirlia this time. Last time he wasn't focused, now watch how far he goes when he is alert!", Luciens' boasting hadn't diminished despite his defeat the previous night, it seemed. "Double Team, let's go!", the order came. Surprising both Nova and Houndour, Kirlia spread out into about 20 copies. "Now let's give him a Thunderbolt!", shocking the already shocked duo, the 20+ Kirlia shot bolts of electricity at Houndour. Nova was still too stunned to give an order, but Houndour was looking around frantically. Grinning, Houndour bolted over to a nearby rock, and jumped straight over the wall of crackling lightning. Upon landing, Houndour launched himself into the Kirlia clones with Tackle. Apparently, he hadn't found the real one yet, as all the ones that had been hit simply faded to nothing.
    "Houndour, use ember!", Nova said, finally over the shock he had experienced. Houndour gave a delighted roar, then let loose his flames. The fire washed over the crowd of Kirlia, all scrambling to get out of the blast area. As the fire cleared the area, a single, singed Kirlia was left standing. Grumbling angrily, he waited for Luciens' order. And the order was another Double Team.
    "Now, another Thunderbolt! Don't let him jump out of the way this time!", The Kirlia clones nodded and fired another beam at Houndour. Houndour looked around briefly, then used ember on the ground, and then proceeded to Tackle the burning ground, smashing it into the air, shielding him from the crackling electricity.
    Lucien and Kirlia both glared angrily at Houndour, who had once again, thwarted the Thunderbolt.
    Nova stared at Houndour, 'Looks like he is a quick thinker…that may be helpful against Brock.', "Heh! Good job Houndour! Let's see if his endurance has changed any since last night! Go for it, attack!", Nova ordered, testing to see Houndour's attack choice, Houndour grinned.

Looking slyly at the Emotion pokemon, who was still staring him down, Houndour glanced around, and came to the conclusion that a front attack wouldn't come anywhere near to working. Launching an Ember Kirlia's way, he charged in right after, going for a Bite. Kirlia hastily stopped the flames with a confusion, but was completely caught off guard when Houndour burst through the fire a moment later. Biting onto Kirlia's head, it was a replay of last night, although this time, Houndour brought down flames on Kirlia's head as well as biting it, causing much more damage then a lone attack would.
    'He really is a good thinker…', Nova smiled widely at how Houndour was giving a proper beating to Kirlia.
    Houndour was definitely enjoying it, too. Nova watched on as Houndour's flames slowly came to a halt, and Kirlia's head no longer was the proper color, and Kirlia himself looked a little woozy. Houndour released his grip on Kirlia, and kicked away, cackling happily.

"Kirlia! Are you ok?!", Lucien yelled worriedly. Running up to the psychic type, he smiled sadly and said, "Well, I guess we know we aren't a match for Nova anymore…good job, now take a good break!", Nova walked over to Houndour and patted him softly on the head, a silent congratulations. The dog looked happy as he was being patted.
    "Hey, Lucien. Thanks for training with me, I think I will have a better chance against Brock now, thanks to you!", Nova said quickly, he realized Luciens' interference probably helped more with his training then going at it by himself. As Lucien stood up, he gave a thumbs up. Returning Houndour to his pokeball, Nova and Lucien walked to the pokemon center in silence.

'Get ready Brock…you won't know what hit you…', Nova thought as he looked at his two pokeballs.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

Swiftswim
    Spoiler:

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    Character Name: Lily

Experience: Rookie

Starter Pokemon: Cleffa

Pokemon Nickname: Pii

Personality:

Lily is an average teenage girl, she gets along with people well enough, however she does prefer male company to female. Lily does not talk a lot but this is not to mean that she is shy, she simply does not feel the need to make small talk at times. Her hobbies outside Pokémon are reading books, because of this she has a fair share of knowledge about various subjects.

Her bad habits including over reacting to situatipns and over thinking things. This can lead her to trouble in the long run unless guided by other people. Lily works weel in groups but also works well when alone.

Appearance:

Lily has pale skin from illness as a child(see history) , she has dark brown hair that reaches just past her shoulder blades. Lily keeps her hair tied up in a ponytail at the top of her head most of the time. She has a fringe that covers one of her eyes. Her eyes are a blue-green colour, they look cold but they are far from that. She has alreayd been through puberty so her chest and hips are more developed like those of a 19 year old.

Lily wears a short light blue skirt that comes to the middle of her thighs. White over-the-knee socks are put together with sandy coloured knee-high loose boots. Lily wears a white halter-neck top made from t-shirt material, around her neck she wears a long pink scarf than nearly reaches the floor.

History:

Lily lived a simple life in Pallet Town with her mum, dad and younger sister. Her mum is a Pokemon breeder, Lily did want to follow this career path but decided that she wanted to become a Pokemon trainer. To start a journey like other before her was the dream she had. This was until she became sick at the age of 10, brought down with ME she has no other choice but to stay within the family home until she got better. This cause Lily to become pale and no matter what she tries now she cannot change her skin tone.
    After graduating from secondary school Lily decided it was time to start and went to see the town's local professor with the support of her parents. (My history is a little vague I know..:/)

RP Example:

Lily aroused from deep sleep and slowly sat up in her bed. She looked around the room and could see the morning sunlight drowning her room, from this Lily realised that it was about 7am.She confirmed this with the wall clock.

"Lily! Get up!" Her mother called up the stairs, "It's a beautiful morning and you shouldn't be staying in bed still!"

Lily was already out of bed, she walked the length of her bedroom leaving footprints in her fluffy rug. Proceeding to the window Lily pushed the curtains apart and look at the view across Pallet town. While she saw this view every day it did not stop her from admiring it. It was not every day that a clear blue sky could be seen with Pokémon in their natural habitat.

Turning around to face her bed again Lily realised that her bedroom was very messy, she had been gathering various items to start her journey with. Books to read when she had nothing else to do, a sketchpad to draw and write down her findings and a video camera to record important events. Just as she was about to head to the bathroom and Cubone jumped onto her face.

"Mum! Why is Bones on my face!" She cried out, mufflied by the Pokémon in her face. This often happened and Lily had not yet found out why. The cubone belonged to her mother and was very friendly with the family.

I HaVe ReAd

Last edited:

HiroUey

Years
    Hiro walks under the tree, picks up the pokeball and wonders', Strange, I don't believe Bellsprout are indigenous to this area,' he shrugs it off and says" ,good job Wartortle, lets meet our new friend," He tosses the ball in the air and out comes Bellsprout. Bellsprout looks around and recognizes Hiro and Wartortle as it is preparing to attack.
    "Its ok, I just wanna fix your wounds you ,"surprisingly enough, Bellsprout, still a little on edge says", sprout," and lowers his guard making his way towards Hiro.
    Hiro says", sorry we surprised you like that, My name is Hiro and this is Wartortle", wortortle responds ",tortle."After patching up some of bellsprout wounds, Hiro was off again, walking this time. As he walks down the path, he sees a kid playing with his rattata, Hiro just walks by ignoring the boy as the boy greets him.
    "hey there, didn't you hear me ,"says the boy.
    Hiro replies", if you want to battle say so, if not, I have somewhere to be."
    The boy says ,"fine, I was just trying to say hello, make a new friend."
    Hiro answers ",My friends are right here on my belt, that's all I need, so if we are done talking now, lets have one on one pokemon battle, as I assume you'll be using rattata."
    "yep," says the boy ",we've been on a winning streak today, are you ready rattata, rattata says",ratatta," as it jumps into the middle of the path.
    Hiro grabs the second pokeball from his belt and say", its time to test you out, go bellsprout," after a flash of light, bellsprout is seen ready to battle.
    The boy says", a bellsprout this should be easy, rattata, use your tackle attack," rattata jumps back to gain more force in its attack and then began to charge at bellsprout.
    Hiro says", Bellsprout use vine whip to grab ahold of rattata , bellsprout lets loose two vines that were rapidly heading toward rattata.
    The boy says", its not going to be that easy, rattata use your super fang attack, grab onto one of the vines, rattata stops and opens its mouth, the vines get close enough and rattata bites down hard, the boy smirks as if its over and says", now lift bellsprout up in the air and spin him around," rattata holding the vines firmly lifts bellsprout in the air and begins spinning him around and around.
    Hiro thinks to himself", I have him right wear I want him,"
    The boy says", its over."
    Hiro says", you think that, bellsprout, stun spore," bellsprout gains his composer while being spun around", sprout," it says as it releases spores, which are beginning to cover the entire field because he's being spun around.
    The boy shouts", rattata, are you ok, hang in there," but its no use, rattata begins slow down, the spores are all over and rattata has inhaled a large portion, soon he losses his grip and lets go of bellsprout.
    Hiro is prepared for this, he says", bellsprout use the vines to grab that tree," bellsprout is able to wrap the vines around a tree and spins around, now he is heading towards a paralyzed rattata, Hiro quickly reacts", bellsprout use wrap," bellsprout charges in and wraps its body around rattata tightly, rattata begins to cry out in pain.
    Hiro says", now it's truly over, don't you agree kid?"
    The boy shouts", ok, I give up, you win."
    Hiro say", ok bellsprout that's enough, you can let go," bellsprout releases rattata, Hiro congratulates bellsprout and recalls him in his pokeball. The boy rushes over to his rattata and says they gave there best shot.
    "Good battle kid, here, this'll help," Hiro tosses the boy a full heal and continues on to viridian city. After awhile, Hiro finally makes its to viridian city, before doing anything, Hiro heads over to the pokemon center.
    Hiro enters the pokemon center and goes up to nurse joy, he says", I have two pokemon here, can you take care of them.'
    Nurse Joy says", sure ill take a look at them it shouldn't take long."
    "thank you nurse joy," Hiro took this time to do some research on the gym leader and come up with some strategies. After an hour went buy, nurse joy approached hiro saying his pokemon were all healed.
    "Thank you nurse joy, now I'm ready to face the gym leader, Hiro leaves the pokemon center and heads to the viridian city gym.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Years
    Nicky came to a slow halt after running quite a way and looked at his watch. He sighed through his heavy breaths and decided to sit down on the floor. He took his bag off his shoulders and placed it down beside him. He unhooked the poke ball from his belt and released Magikarp from its poke ball.

"Hey buddy!" Nicky said happily, "I don't think we're gonna make it to Pewter City today! It's nearly lunchtime and we're not even in Viridian City yet." The Magikarp lowered its eyes in sadness. "Hey now come on! I thought we could do some training, yeah?" Nicky said standing up quickly. He swayed for a moment.
    "Karrp?"
    "Sorry! Head rush! I got up too quickly!" Nicky said holding his head, "Pheeew! I'm alright now!"
    "Magi! Magikarp!" Magikarp said happily.

"Ok so I want you to jump up and hit my chest!" Nicky exclaimed banging his chest, "But do it like your attacking me! Now don't be afraid of hurting me, so put all your weight behind it alright?"
    "Maaaaaagiiiiiikaaaaarp!!"
    Magikarp leapt into the air and used its side to slam into Nicky. Nicky made a grunt noise as Magikarp slammed into his chest. Nicky fell to the ground with Magikarp on top of him. Magikarp then continued to use Nicky's chest to leap into the air again and seemed to purposely torpedo its head into Nicky's stomach. Nicky made another grunt noise as Magikarp hit. Magikarp fell to the ground and Nicky's grunting continued. He turned to face Magikarp holding his chest, gasping for breath. He put a thumbs up at Magikarp then tried to speak, "Y-y-you …." Nicky took a huge gasp of air and as he did so he did a hand signal towards Magikarp telling him to wait while he recovered. Nicky sat upright again and brushed his hair from his face. "You winded me!! That was awesome!" Nicky shouted happily.
    "Magi! Magi! Magikarp!" Magikarp splashed around on the floor in celebration.
    "Ok so your attack power is really good! And that part where you buried your head into my stomach was brilliant! You were like a rocket!! I bet you've been waiting for a long time to show someone that!"
    "Magi! Karp! Karp!"
    "BUT! I was standing still and we'll be dealing with pokemon who don't want to get hit! So I'll jog around you in a circle and you gotta time your leap just right to bring me to the floor."
    "Magiiiiiikarp!" Magikarp almost seem to say sternly.
    "Oh and next time don't do the rocket thing when you do bring me down!" Nicky said quickly before Magikarp got a chance to leave the ground.
    "Magikarp! Karp!"

"Ok buddy lets do this!" Nicky said as he started to run around Magikarp in a circle. Suddenly Magikarp leapt into the air and lunged for Nicky but Magikarp missed and fell to the floor. "Ok that's alright! That's alright!" Nicky quickly said rushing in to console his friend, "This is all a part of training! Pokemon are going to be trying to hit you left, right and centre so a little pain in training is good! Toughens you up!"
    "Magi!"
    "Ok so try going for any part of my body! Best part to go for … my legs." Nicky said pointing at his legs. Magikarp looked at Nicky's legs in acknowledgement. "Ok lets try this again!" Nicky stood up and started to jog around Magikarp again. Magikarp seemed to watch Nicky patiently this time. Nicky mused at this to himself as he continued to jog. Suddenly Magikarp leapt and slammed into Nicky's legs. Nicky, not expecting this, fell to the ground easily and his chin hit the floor. "Argh!! Damn!" Nicky shouted holding his chin. He saw Magikarp looking at him worried and quickly composed himself. "Ok that was really good Magikarp! Sorry that was my fault I wasn't expecting you to do it so well the second time around!" Nicky said still holding his chin. Magikarp still looked worried and Nicky tried to reassure him, "Hey come on. I'm fine honestly! Its just a little bump! At least I'll always remember how you managed to bring me down so easily and quickly!!" Nicky smiled at Magikarp. Magikarp seemed to brighten up and was ready to start again.
    "Magi! Magikarp!"

"I think its time to test your skills that you must already have if you can do this so easily and quickly! My thinking is that you've been cooped up in this ball too long. Or the Professor started to train with you already. Or something else, either way you seem to be a pro!!" Nicky said quickly. Magikarp looked confused and just splashed around happily. "Ok, I'm gonna find us a pokemon and your going fight it!! Alright?"
    "Magikarp!"
    "Alright. Return!" Nicky said putting Magikarp back its poke ball. He re-hooked the poke ball to his belt and slung his bag back over his shoulders. He walked on down the road, checking every hole and tree for a pokemon. He came to a smaller tree and shook it. A Caterpie fell down and landed on its feet.
    "Caterpie! Cater! Cater!" the Caterpie said angrily.
    "Perfect!!" Nicky shouted and threw his arms into the air startling the Caterpie, "Alright Magikarp lets do this!!"
    In one swift action Nicky un-hooked the poke ball from his belt and threw the ball into the air releasing Magikarp.
    "Magi! Magikarp!"
    "Ok Magikarp quick!! Into the air and do your thing!!" Nicky barked. The Caterpie used String Shot but missed as Magikarp leapt into the air. Before the Caterpie could lift its head Magikarp landed on the Caterpie hard. The Caterpie was stunned. Magikarp landed on the floor beside the Caterpie and splashed madly. "Magi! Magi! Karp! Karp! Karp!"
    "What is it Magikarp?" Nicky asked looking at the Caterpie as Magikarp continued to splash madly, "Oh! You want me to catch it?" Magikarp leapt into the air as if to say yes. The Caterpie recovered and quickly used String Shot on Magikarp. "Damn! I missed my chance sorry Magikarp!" Nicky shouted to Magikarp, "Now try to break out of there!!"
    The Caterpie stopped using String Shot and used its Tackle move to slam into Magikarp. "Ok Magikarp use your splash move to try and break out of that stuff!!!" Magikarp started to flop around madly. Nicky could see the string was starting to break. "Yes that's it!" Nicky said excitedly. The Caterpie slammed into Magikarp again and that seemed enough to break the last remaining thread. "Alright Magikarp lets not waste anymore time!!!" Nicky said continuing to bark out orders as he readied an empty poke ball in his hand. Magikarp leapt into the air again. Caterpie was ready for Magikarp this time. But Magikarp anticipated Caterpie. Instead of slamming straight down, Magikarp twisted his body in the air and aimed straight for Caterpie. He torpedoed his head down and slammed right into Caterpie. "Woah!!! That was awesome Magikarp!!" Nicky shouted in admiration. The Caterpie fell to its side and Nicky quickly threw the empty poke ball at the Caterpie. The ball hit the Caterpie and sucked it inside. The poke ball closed, fell to the ground and started to shake ………

(ooc: let me know if theres anything wrong with it. I know the Magikarp might seem a bit super like but its an old one that Oak has had for a long time xD)

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Nova and Lucien waited patiently for their pokemon to recover. Nova looked down at Magikarp's pokeball, 'Ah! That's right! I completely forgot to train Magikarp!', Nova was interrupted from his sudden realization, when Nurse Joy walked over, and handed both boys their pokemon.
    "Thank you, Nurse Joy!", they said simultaneously.
    "Ah, hey. I can't go with you to watch your gym battle, I think I'm gonna eat some breakfast instead!" Lucien declared, then charged to the diner, leaving Nova with a small grin on his face. Walking outside of the pokemon center, Nova returned to the battle park, and sent out his pokemon.
    "Hey guys, are you ready to win us a badge?!", Nova said abruptly, attempting to inspire his pokemon. Machop pumped his fist in the air, Houndour cackled a little, and Magikarp…looked completely lost. Nova sighed upon seeing the fish's response. Kneeling down, Nova stared her in the eye, and told her in his most serious voice, "We need to win this."

It seemed like he got through to her, and she flopped excitedly. "Alright, let's get us a badge, right?", then Nova recalled his three pokemon, and set off for the gym. A sudden thought came to him, and then he pulled his pokedex from his pocket, and began reviewing his pokemon thoroughly. As Nova was nearing the gym, he had his pokedex in pocket, and plan in mind. Walking to the gym door, Nova stopped briefly, 'Here we go…', then pulled open the door. Inside the gym, it was very rocky, 'Fitting for the type of gym, I suppose…', and in the center of the rockfield was a person, who could only be the Gym Leader, Brock. Looking towards the gym entrance, Brock jumped down and asked, "You are here for a gym battle, correct? The rules of the gym are 3 Pokemon each, 1 versus 1! Get ready to start!", he pointed to the designated trainer box.

As Nova took his place, he figured that since Brock used rock types, Machop would be a good choice to start with. Gripping his pokeball, Nova waited for Brock to begin.
    "Steelix, let's give them a good time!", he called confidently, and in a red burst, a huge steel snake appeared. Nova appeared unnerved by the appearance of Steelix, and pulled his pokedex out and ran a quick check. Nova stared determinedly at Steelix.
    "Machop! Let's go!", and Machop materialized in a red light as well. The referee stated the rules once again, and then gave the order to begin.
    "Steelix, rock 'em with an Iron Tail!", Steelix thundered forward, shaking the whole gym as it did. Bringing his thick tail down, Steelix roared. Machop quivered slightly, "Get out of the way, now!", and leapt out of the impact zone, with moments to spare.
    Nova took advantage of the small period of recovery for the Steelix, and ordered a Karate Chop to the tail.
    Machop dashed towards the snake, and gave a chop on the tail.

Steelix roared in pain angrily, then without order, released a jet of flame at the challenger. This severely startled Machop, and he wasn't able to dodge it, as a result. Luckily Steelix had fired blindly, and only hit him partially.
    "Steelix, wait for my order! You could have given them another opening!", Brock said, slightly annoyed.
    "Machop, are you ok? Good, now let's give him a Mega Punch! Climb up him like a staircase, and get him in his head!", Nova ordered. He watched as the Machop nodded, and then jumped on Steelix's tail and climbed up while trying desperately to not fall off. Machop jumped the last part of the climb, and smashed his fist into Steelix's head. Steelix laughed as Machop fell to the ground with a pulsing hand.
    "That won't work on Steelix! Okay, shake it up with an Earthquake!", Brock ordered while laughing. Steelix roared, and smashed his tail into the ground, sending boulders and dust flying into the air, straight towards Machop.

"Machop, jump from boulder to boulder! You can do it, go!", Machop jumped off of one boulder, leapt over to the next, and when it seemed like he would make it through unscathed, Steelix appeared from a shadow, and launched a Fire Blast at Machop again. This time however, Machop was caught full on, and fell to the ground in a fireball. Nova watched, horrified at what had just happened. When the dust cleared the gym, Machop was lying in a heap on the ground.
    "Get up, I know you can! You won't let it end like this will you?!", Nova encouraged his pokemon to get up. Grunting heavily, Machop regained his stance, and fell to one knee, panting. Steelix grinned wickedly and spat another Fire Blast at Machop. Machop's eyes widened, then he stood up and smashed the ground with a Mega Punch. This only diverted some of the Fire Blast, however, and he got caught in the flames once again. "MACHOP!!"

The flames scattered instantly upon hearing the cry, as white light surrounded Machop. Machop pointed at Steelix while captured by the light, and dashed faster then he ever had before, as his shape grew larger, and more muscles built up.
    "Machoke!", he yelled as the light dissipated, and chopped Steelix with a much stronger Karate Chop! Steelix catapulted across the field from the force of the attack. Brock watched in horror, Nova; in awe.
    "Steelix! Are you ok!?", Brock yelled. He was answered with a loud roar, and a stream of fire rocketed towards Machoke.
    "Machoke! Focus Energy, then dodge.", Nova could feel the intensity of the flames, and had figured that this was probably a last ditch effort to take Machoke out. Energy gathered around Machoke as he focused, and then jumped over the flames. Once Machoke landed, he grabbed a large rock nearby, and threw it into the dust. A solid thud was heard, then Machoke launched himself into the cloud. Moments later, and he leapt free of the dust. Steelix emerged from the dust as well, although it was clear that the brawl in the dust, had left Machoke as the clear winner. Steelix crashed into the ground, fainted.

"Steelix is unable to battle! Machoke is the winner!", the referee declared. Machoke turned to Nova, and gave a thumbs up as Nova did the same. Returning both pokemon to their pokeballs, round two started.
    "Houndour! Are you ready?", "Graveler! We won't let them take a badge this easily!", as both pokemon burst from their pokeballs, the referee started the round.

"Throw some rocks!", Graveler punched the ground, and withdrew two large boulders, then hurled them at Houndour. He effortlessly dodged it. 'Too slow!', Nova thought.
    "Houndour go for an Ember!", Houndour sped into action, he quickly began encircling Graveler, and balls of fire began raining down on Graveler. The rock pokemon smirked as he received the fireballs.
    "Show them how it's done Graveler! Fire Blast!", Brock said. Graveler rolled forward to the dog, and let the fire loose up close. Houndour skidded back a few feet, coughing out smoke. Suddenly, Houndour got an idea, he barked at Nova, who nodded to go for it. Houndour dashed at Graveler again, this time, however, he closed in and spat some smoke he had been holding in his mouth in it's eyes. Graveler got temporarily blinded, and became enraged, swinging rocks in every which way. A few went wildly off course and both Brock and Nova were forced to dodge like Houndour was. Finally, a particularly large boulder had hit Houndour, and sent him careening across the field, bashing his head against other rocks as well. The accumulated damage had taken its' toll, and Houndour was panting heavily. Graveler had finally wiped his eyes clean, and prepared to send another barrage at Houndour.

"Houndour, this won't end well if you keep this up. Roar, then Ember!", Nova said anxiously giving a loud roar, Houndour dashed to his surprised opponent, and then spat flames at him once again. This time Graveler didn't stand around, he took action with a Rollout. Graveler slammed into Houndour with frightening power, and once more, Houndour slid across the field. "Houndour, your choice!", Nova ordered, confident that Houndour could outsmart Graveler. Houndour began running towards the rock type, however it was still in Rollout, and ended up chasing him across the field. Houndour glanced around, and then dashed to a rock, and leapt to the sky. Graveler was caught off guard by this, but it didn't last. Graveler picked up some more rocks, and began chucking them at Houndour as he was immobile in the sky. Luckily, Graveler didn't have such good aim, and only a few hit. Houndour was panting even more by now, but gave a determined stare to his opponent.
    "Houndour, Tackle it!", and he was off, in seconds Graveler was in the air, although it looked like he wasn't the least bit injured by the tackle.
    "Graveler, use the momentum from the fall for a Rollout! Go!", Graveler smirked at the dog below him as he curled into a ball, and smashed into Houndour, bringing up some dust. The dust cleared, and Houndour was fainted, leaving Graveler the winner.
    "Nice try Houndour. Take a rest.", Nova returned the dark type to his pokeball. Brock did the same, then both released their final pokemon: Magikarp vs. Ninetails.
    "Begin, third round!"

"Ninetails, you like fish right? Let's get us some cooked Magikarp, Fire Blast!", Brock ordered confidently.
    "Uh…D-Dodge it Magikarp!", Magikarp scooted to one side, narrowly evading the fire. Letting out a sigh, Nova couldn't help but think this match was as good as over. Ninetails released another Fire Blast, this time coming in direct contact with the fish. The fox proceeded to smash Magikarp against a wall with Take Down, then burned her yet again. Magikarp was taking the beating pretty well, but she was tired out from the hits. Ninetails circled her slowly, speaking to the fish it seemed. Ninetails laughed a little, and Magikarp flopped around angrily.
    "Ninetails, don't play with your food! Fire Blast!", Brock said. Ninetails prepared to launch the powerful attack again. Then, Magikarp surprised everyone by hopping up, and bopping the fox on the head, stopping the attack, and then said something, it apparently angered her opponent.

Ninetails slammed Magikarp against a wall after many moments, and Magikarp gave a fishie roar, then began glowing white!
    "Is this for real?", Nova asked. The fish's shape began growing, larger and larger, it seemed like it wouldn't stop. When she stopped growing, she was quite large. The light was cast away with a ferocious roar, and Gyarados emerged. "Woah! Gyarados is tons bigger then I expected! Let's see what you can do!", Nova declared, then pulled his pokedex out yet again, and scanned.

While this was going on, Gyarados was actively taunting Ninetails, and Ninetails was looking rather intimidated. "Let's give a Tackle a go!", Nova ordered, finishing the check.
    "You may have a Gyarados, but Ninetails won't be beaten! Rock Tomb!", Brock said. Ninetails ran to a boulder, kicked it into the air, then propelled it at the charging Gyarados with a Fire Blast. The boulder smashed right into Gyarados's forehead, and changed her course widely, missing the fox. Gyarados roared at the attack, and washed the field with a water gun. Ninetails was hit straight on by the water gun, and got carried away by the flow of the water. Nova grinned, Gyarados had a clear advantage now.
    "Gyarados, let's go for a Dragon Rage!", Nova commanded, then watched silently as a ball of orange appeared in Gyarados's mouth. "GYAR!", she screamed, as the Dragon Rage left her mouth. Ninetails cringed slightly at the roar, and already weakened by the water, she had no chance of escape. The Dragon Rage and Ninetails met, and Ninetail fainted almost instantly. The water-dragon roared in victory. Nova recalled his newest powerhouse with a thanks, remembering that Gyarados could probably destroy the gym if it was mad enough. Brock recalled Ninetails as well, thanking it for a good battle.

As the water drained from the field, Brock yelled his congratulations to Nova. Once the water had completely drained, the two met in the center of the field.
    "That was a great experience for me, as well as you! I doubt that you or I will ever see two evolutions on one side ever again! Here is your proof of beating me, the Boulder Badge."
    Nova nodded, then accepted the badge, and then dropped onto the ground and leaned on a rock,
    "You really tired me out Brock.", Nova said and then set his gaze on his three pokeballs, 'You did good..'

(OOC: Fixed!...I hope)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back