• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    When Shelby was just about to examine the egg she had received from Mijaan, a voice called out. They both whipped their heads to look at the figure dressed in dark clothes. Shelby immediately knew who it was now. Those weird dark trainer guys, she thought, finally recognizing them. There was a man with a pokeball and a girl standing next to him with another. They were both wearing the outfits. Both of them were dark trainers, Shelby soon recognized.

"Why would we give you these eggs?" Shelby asked. Anger began to swell up in her as she held the Pokémon egg. There's no way they're going to get this egg, she thought, glancing down at Quilava. He had taken a beating, and Shelby knew just what Pokémon she was going to use if a battle between them came up. She spared a glance over at Mijaan and saw that he was tense and ready to fight for the eggs as well.

"You two brats against us?" the girl asked. She then let out a small titter of a laugh and shook her head. Mijaan clenched his teeth and tightened his grip on the egg he was holding. The guy rolled his eyes and began to walk towards him. Umbreon, who was at Mijaan's feet, kicked sand up in the guy's face. The guy cried out and threw up his hands in front of his face. When he removed his hand, Mijaan and Shelby both gulped. The man's eyes were red and he looked absolutely enraged. He backed off towards the girl. They glanced at teach other. Then they both grabbed dark pokeballs hanging off of their belts. They tossed them into the air, and then there were two flashes of bright lights. A Golduck and another Pokémon Shelby didn't recognize came out.

"What is that?" she mumbled to herself as she took out her Pokedex. When she figured out it was a Sableye, she frowned. A ghost type? I've never battled one of those Pokémon before, she thought. She decided to focus the most on the man's Golduck instead of the Sableye. "Ready to fight them, Mijaan?" Shelby asked. Mijaan nodded quickly and looked down at his Umbreon.

"Well handle that Sableye," Mijaan said confidently.

"Bri! Umbreon!" Umbreon said, agreeing with Mijaan.

Shelby grabbed Pidgeotto's pokeball and juggled the egg in her other hand as carefully as she could. She pressed the button instead of throwing the pokeball, and Pidgeotto soon flew out in a flash of light. It said its name proudly and flapped its wings, hovering slightly over the ground. Umbreon leapt forward next to Pidgeotto, facing the dark trainers' Pokémon.

"Sableye fake out," the girl called. Sableye dodged right and then slammed its claws into Umbreon. Shelby quickly ordered a quick attack to help Umbreon out. Pidgeotto flew in and slammed his talons into Sableye, but it barely affected it. In fact, Pidgeotto basically went right through the other Pokémon. Shelby's eyes widened and Mijaan frowned. Shelby glanced at the Golduck quickly.

"Fine, we'll take Golduck. Pidgeotto use a gust attack!" Shelby called. Pidgeotto nodded and flew closer to the Golduck, then paused and kicked up a small tornado. It slammed into the Golduck, but because of the armor it left the Pokémon unfazed. Shelby clenched her teeth and looked over at Mijaan. He was having Umbreon battle the Sableye. Umbreon seemed to have the upper hand. Shelby looked back to Pidgeotto.

"Dark beam!" the guy called. Golduck sent a black substance flying at Pidgeotto. Shelby told Pidgeotto to quickly dodge it. Pidgeotto flew to the side, dodging the attack and then going in for a quick attack. His beak slammed into the middle of the armor, causing it to crack. Shelby suddenly thought of an idea.

"Pidgeotto, keep attacking that spot!" Shelby said to her flying type. Pidgeotto nodded in understanding, and flew in a dive once more.

"Nuh uh!" the man said. "Golduck counter that attack with fury swipes!" the man said. Golduck hopped towards Pidgeotto and slashed it across its beak. Pidgeotto cried out and changed course, ending up flying into a tree. "Heh…now Golduck, finish it off with dark beam!"

"Umbreon use faint attack!" Mijaan said. Umbreon flashed towards the Golduck and slammed into the armor. Golduck got sent flying back, with Umbreon having the clear upper hand. Pidgeotto flew down from the tree and hovered in the air again. Sableye was almost beat. "Umbreon use faint attack on Sableye one last time!" Mijaan called strongly. Shelby looked at him in slight awe. Then she snapped out of it.

"Pidgeotto get in there and use the strongest quick attack I've ever seen!" Shelby said to Pidgeotto.

"Geo!" Pidgeotto replied.

Umbreon began to fake out Sableye by going one way and then the next, before finally launching a full out faint attack. It slammed into Sableye, effectively making the Pokémon faint. Pidgeotto flew rapidly towards Golduck, beak gleaming in the sunlight. It slammed into Golduck, causing the Pokémon to look surprised. Then it flew past, flapping its wings. The two other trainers' eyes went wide and then their expressions turned to that of anger.

"Golduck get up!" the man shouted at his Pokémon. He growled angrily when he got no reply from the exhausted Golduck. "Beaten by a bunch of kids…I tell you…" he growled under his breath, grabbing his pokeball and recalling the Pokémon. Pidgeotto flew back near Shelby, and Umbreon trotted back to Mijaan. The girl scowled at them before recalling her Sableye. "This won't be the last of us you see," the man said. Then they ran down the road.

"Jerks," Shelby said. She looked down at the egg in her arms. Mijaan looked at the one in his curiously. They sat down, being careful of the eggs. "Nice one, Pidgeotto," Shelby said. Pidgeotto cooed happily. Shelby returned it and then looked at Quilava. Quilava edged closer, cautiously sniffing the egg. It moved slightly, startling Quilava a little. Shelby and Mijaan both laughed.

"What do you think they are?" Mijaan asked.

"I'm not too sure," Shelby replied. Quilava curled up against the egg, and Shelby thought of something. "Quilava use a flame wheel attack, but don't go smashing into anything," Shelby said. Quilava looked at her curiously. Then it walked a few paces away from the egg. Flame sprouted around his body. Shelby picked up a blanket she had in her backpack and held it over the warm body of the fire Pokémon. Soon the blanket was very warm. She wrapped it around the egg and then carefully placed the egg in her pack between her sleeping bag and blanket. It was so the egg would be well cushioned.

"I suppose that's a good idea," Mijaan said.

Shelby asked for one of his blankets, and then did the same. She glanced at him and grinned jokingly. "Man, we just seem to run into each other a lot, huh?" Mijaan shrugged in reply and kicked a pebble. "Well, there," Shelby said. She handed the warm egg to Mijaan. "I guess I'm going to head back to Pewter City." Mijaan nodded vaguely as he began to tuck his own egg away.

Besides, Shelby thought, I need to get something more secure to hold this egg in so it doesn't break. She quickly recalled Quilava. Then she said bye to Mijaan and began to walk back towards Pewter City.

(OOC: Have fun, Mike XP)

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Nicky had a massive grin on his face as he realised that Caterpie had just evolved!!
    "Metaaaaaapod!" Metapod said happily.
    "Alright!! My Caterpie evolved!!!" Nicky shouted jumping into the air startling Metapod. Nicky saw this and realised it was still the same pokemon he first caught. Only now it was a bit more powerful. He then realised he had also captured Mankey. He threw his arms into the air again. "Double hooray!!" he said not knowing where to look when he realised his Metapod was not that of a normal green colour. Nicky threw his head left and right. Looking at Metapod and his newly captured Mankey, trying to decide which to deal with first. He decided to pick up his new pokemon in case someone came along and made off with it. He picked up the poke ball and quickly stepped back over to Metapod. Nicky gazed at his orange Metapod. Metapod did little jumps in the air in celebration.

Nicky unhooked Magikarp's poke ball and released him. Magikarp appeared in a flash and started splashing around. "Hey buddy! How are you?" Nicky asked Magikarp excitedly.
    "Magi! Magi! Magikarp!" Magikarp said happily. Metapod quickly shuffled to get closer to Nicky. Magikarp splashed around Nicky. "Oh hey! I caught a Mankey!" Nicky exclaimed.
    "Magikarp! Magi!" Magikarp said loudly as it started to splash around happily.
    "Annnnd … Caterpie evolved!" Nicky said looking down at Metapod. Metapod looked back up at him and jumped on the spot a bit more. Magikarp continued to splash around happily. "But the thing is," Nicky continued to say, "Metapod's are supposed to be a green colour and Metapod is a kind of orange colour." Magikarp looked at Nicky with a confused look on its face. "I know buddy. I'm confused as well. But lets meet Mankey first shall we?" Nicky said looking forward to meeting his new pal.

Nicky released Mankey from its poke ball. Instead of shying even more away Metapod stepped up as if ready to battle again. The shape of Mankey appeared as the bright light flashed from its poke ball. The light disappeared and Mankey stood in front of them.
    "Maannnnkey!" Mankey said with authority. Nicky smiled at it and said, "Hey Mankey! Its great to have a new friend on the team!!"
    "Magi! Magikarp" Magikarp said loudly as it said hello to its new friend. Mankey just eyed Magikarp with disgust then looked towards Metapod. Magikarp seemed to be sad by Mankey's reaction. When Metapod saw Mankey looking at it, it stepped up even more. Then Mankey stepped up looking at Metapod. Nicky quickly tried to cool the water between them both, "Come on now! You two are friends! You both fought impeccably I must say! You two should have a strong bond through it!" Mankey looked at Nicky and nodded its head as if in agreement. Nicky eyed it suspiciously and then smiled. "Well now that we've met each other I think a good trainer battle will be good!!" Nicky returned Metapod to its poke ball and hooked the ball to his belt again. Nicky looked at Mankey again and smiled, "Its good to meet you Mankey! I'm sure we will be kicking butt together in a minute!!"
    "Mannnnkey! Mankey!" Mankey said happily at the thought of beating pokemon around. Nicky winked at it and returned Mankey to its poke ball. He hooked the poke ball to his belt. He looked to Magikarp who was still looking sad and left out. Nicky felt guilty. "Hey. I know Mankey didn't look at you too highly" Nicky said quietly.
    "Maaaagiii" Magikarp said sadly.
    "But just think," Nicky said slyly, "He's going to regret giving you that look when you evolve! Don't let it get to you! Let this be a reason to show him what your made of!" Magikarp looked a little happy at this. "And dont be feeling left out! You're the reason I got Mankey in the first place!! Without your help I wouldn't have got Caterpie and THEN I wouldn't have got Mankey! You're my first pokemon and always will be! You'll always be the best pokemon in the world to me!!!" Nicky said picking up Magikarp in his arms and hugging it.
    "Maaaaagiiikarrrrrp!!" Magikarp said happily. Nicky was happy to see that Magikarp was back to his normal self. "You ok to go back in your poke ball for a bit?" Nicky asked. Magikarp seemed to nod and Nicky returned Magikarp to its poke ball. He re-hooked the poke ball to his belt and walked back up the road back to Viridian City.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    The girl, whose name was Devanea, explained to me that the Dark trainers were sealing off Pewter City. No one was getting in or out. I had smiled to that because I wanted to test out the abilities of my newly turned Dark Pokemon.

Devanea had given me a cloak with the symbol of our society outlined on the cloak in royal blue. Of course, when I pulled the hood over my head, I was a completely different person – a different soul.

"Beedrill, scout the skies for anything worthy to be taken," I commanded my Beedrill. With blackened eyes, it nodded and flew off into the sky. I told Magikarp to take a look through the lake and rivers as well and it nodded.

Devanea and I walked along the road undisturbed until we spotted a dark figure lurking in a dark alley.

"Danny, get out here," Devanea hissed. "I want you to meet Jess. A new Dark Trainer." The boy quietly walked out and at his side, a Black Pokemon flapped its wings. I tilted my head to the side as I recognized it as a Honchkrow.

"A new Dark Trainer, eh?" he said, placing his hands on his hips. The hood over his head shadowed his sadistic smile and black eyes. Then he looked at Devanea. "What Pokemon does she have?"

"Hmm," Devanea said, putting a finger to her chin. "I think-"

"Let me answer," I snapped to Devanea and turned to Danny. "A Grotle, Beedrill, and Magikarp. However, I just got rid of a little, clumsy Ivysaur."

Dan smiled under his cloak. "You're THAT Jess," he laughed. "The one that defeated Brock! I must say: Well done!" Danny nodded towards his Honchkrow. The Pokemon nodded and landed on the ground, lowering its head down, bowing. I tilted my head to the side again. "We FINALLY have someone strong enough to take him down and take his mighty Steelix, Ninetails, and Graveler. Maybe we can even evolve that Graveler into Golem."

"No," I hissed.

Danny and Devanea looked at me, confused and crazed. "What??!" they hissed.

"Have you no idea?" I asked. "I'm NOT the only one that defeated Brock. I know of two trainers – one who has a Pokemon that can take down Steelix much easier than my Grotle. Maybe she even has more Pokemon – probably evolved that Pidgey and Pikachu of hers… and the other trainer – he has a Dark Pokemon, an Umbreon with some other Pokemon that could be useful to us."

Danny and Devanea smiled. "That's a good idea," Devanea said, a smile creeping across her face. She quickly took out a Dark ball and quickly pressed the button. In a flash of brilliant white light, Devanea's Kadabra appeared. She quickly handed me the Pokeball and her smile grew wider. Once she let go, Kadabra started to glow in a white light. Its form grew larger and the whiskers on its face grew longer. When the light cleared, an Alakazam stood in Kadabra's place. I handed its Pokeball back to Devanea.

"I needed it to evolve," Devanea stated, "if we were going to go up against those trainers. With their Pokemon, they must be strong, but not as strong as us." I grinned.

After returning Beedrill and Magikarp, the three of us went to look for Mijaan and Shelby. Corning a shop, we finally saw them and what was running at Shelby's feet? A Quilava and an Ivysaur. I hissed between my teeth. That pathetic Pokemon crawled to an even pathetic trainer.

"Look at that strong Quilava!" Danny laughed. "We will definitely be able to take down Brock's Steelix with that. Honchkrow, go stop them." The large black bird nodded and flew off in front of Shelby and Mijaan. They quickly stopped.

"Beedrill," I said emotionlessly, holding the bug's Pokeball. "Come out." The dark Beedrill appeared on the opposite side of Shelby and Mijaan and buzzed like it was laughing. Devanea and Danny called out their Pokemon. Devanea called out Alakazam and Golduck while Danny called out a Gengar and Carvanha. The piranha was in a nearby stream. I quickly released Grotle and Magikarp from their Pokeballs. Magikarp appeared in the water with Carvanha while Grotle stood next to Alakazam, Golduck, and Gengar.

All three of us laughed.

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    The ball shook for a bit, but then fell still. Farran looked at it for a few seconds before he realized what it meant. "Sweet!" He shouted triumphantly. "That's what I'm talking about!"

Orion barked happily alongside his Trainer, scampering towards the Pokeball that had somehow managed to fly into the tree and batting it around, looking pleased. He played with it for a moment, and then brought it back to Farran. With a smile, he patted Orion's head. "Good job, Orion. I'll be counting on you in future battles, alright?" Stooping, he scooped the Pokeball in his hand and inspected it. This is a new addition to my team, he thought. Let's see what you can do.

He tossed the ball into the air, and in a flash, the Rattata he caught was out, looking intently at Farran. He knelt down to the small Pokemon and offered his hand. The Rattata sniffed it carefully, then squeaked and ran around happily. Farran laughed. "Hey there. I'm your new Trainer," he explained to the Rattata. He then motioned to Orion, who was looking at the Rattata curiously. "This is Orion. He'll be your new friend, got it? But I'll need to give you a name…"

Farran thought for a while, and then snapped his fingers in understanding. "I got it," he nodded to himself. "I'll name you Cael. The constellation Caelum is a chisel, like your teeth. Is it good?"

At the new name, the small Pokemon squeaked and ran around again joyfully. Orion joined him, and soon they were both playfully wrestling with each other. Farran smiled at the bonding of his two partners. Then his eyes widened as he remembered something.

"Right, in order not to be surprised again, I need to know what moves Cael has," he said thoughtfully. "Okay then. Cael!"

At his name, Cael scampered up to Farran expectantly. Farran turned to face Cael. "In order for me to battle with you effectively, I need to figure out your moves," he said. He pointed to the tree that he was resting under before. "I want you to face that tree, and use what attacks I tell you, if you can. Then I'll know what moves you have now. Understand?" Cael squeaked in agreement, and ran off towards the tree, stopping a few feet away from the trunk. Orion, scampered up Farran's arm to his shoulder, watching Cael as if in anticipation.

"Let's see…" Farran said thoughtfully. "Well, let's try a basic move first. Tackle!" Cael sprang into action, leaping forward and ramming the tree with his body. He bounced off and returned to his original position, ready for another order.

"Bite!" Bark flew as Cael bared his fangs and chomped down on the trunk. "Sand Attack!" Dust flew as Cael turned his body and kicked up dirt with his hind legs.

"Three moves down, one more to go," Farran muttered to himself. But what was the last one? He briefly thought back to the battle to catch Cael, and remembered the final attack it had unleashed. It was a fast attack, one that would have been bad for Orion if Farran hadn't thought of his Headbutt.

"Fast… that's it! Quick Attack!" Farran ordered. Cael crouched low to the ground, tensing up his legs, and then shot forward at an incredible speed. He hit the trunk with a resounding WHAM! The tree even shook from the impact. Farran was stunned. He had never seen a Pokemon move so fast. But before he could say anything, Cael bounced off the trunk and landed in a heap, unmoving.

"Cael!" Farran cried, alarmed. He rushed to the Pokemon's side, but after a good look he breathed a sigh of relief. Cael was just knocked out. "I guess he didn't know his own strength and hit the trunk too hard," Farran said with a small smile. "This Pokemon's fast, but pretty inexperienced. Oh well. An inexperienced Pokemon for an inexperienced Trainer. We'll manage, won't we?" Orion barked in agreement from his shoulders.

Several small and blue objects plopped from the tree's branches overhead. Farran picked up Cael and went over to inspect the items. "Oran berries, huh?" he said. "They must have fallen from the tree when Cael hit it hard. If I recall, they're good for a Pokemon's health." His stomach growled, surprising him. He looked at the sky, and realized it was around noon. Grabbing one of the berries, he inspected it and was satisfied to see that they were still good. "I'm hungry as well, so might as well chow down, right Orion?"

Orion dropped from Farran's shoulders and happily grabbed one of the berries. Seeing his partner so happy eating, Farran laughed and nudged Cael, still on his hand. He awoke groggily and sniffed the air. His attention focused on the berry in Farran's other hand, and he cocked his head at his Trainer expectantly. "Yeah, it's fine," Farran said lightly. "It'll heal you too, so eat up." He set Cael on the ground with the berry, and the Pokemon took a large bite and squeaked in contentment.

"If you guys eat, I gotta eat as well," Farran nodded. He took two berries and stuffed them inside his backpack for later, and grabbed the last one lying on the ground and ate it. It was nice and juicy, and it filled his stomach.

After they had all finished, Farran decided it was time to get a move on. He wanted to get to Viridian City by the end of the day, and it was already noon. He grabbed Cael's Pokeball and pointed it at him. "Return, Cael! I'll call on you later when I need you, so be ready." A beam of light shot from the ball and engulfed Cael, and in a second he was gone. With that done, Farran turned to his backpack to get ready to leave. He was packing up when he noticed something strange about the egg inside. It was still brown, but the pink dot from before was now purple and larger. It seemed slightly warmer as well. Farran guessed that his treatment before had warmed it up a bit.

"I really wonder what's inside… well, if I want to keep it warm, I guess I'll just carry it with me." He picked up the egg and nestled it into the crook of his left arm. "There. I can carry this, and still have a hand free to do other things," Farran said. He slung the bag over his right shoulder and let Orion curl up around his shoulders too. It was time to go.

A few hours passed uneventfully. Farran's thoughts wandered, from his parents to the old couple who had taken him in, to the mention of Dark Trainers and the missing Professor Oak. He also wondered about the strange song he heard in his head that allowed him to calm down in the heat of battle. It was too serene for a human's song. Perhaps it was from a Pokemon? But he couldn't think of what kinds of Pokemon could sing like that.

His thoughts were interrupted when Orion snapped awake on his shoulders, looking towards the east. "What is it, Orion?" Farran whispered. Orion merely dropped from his seat and gazed intently down the path. Pretty soon, Farran could hear footsteps.

A kid suddenly dashed into view, panting heavily. He wiped sweat off his brow and stood up, looking back the way he came. "Oh man," Farran could hear him say. "That was some bad luck back there. I didn't expect a whole flock of Spearow to attack me. I'll just have to find another way to train…" He stopped as he turned and saw Farran, standing and unsure whether or not to leave. The kid grinned.

"Hey you!" The kid called out. Farran sighed. It was too late now to go. "Yeah, what is it?" Farran called back. The kid began to walk closer, reaching in his pocket.

"You have Pokemon, right?" He said, mentioning to Orion on the ground. "This is perfect. I needed to train. How about you and me have a battle?" He took out a Pokeball and pointed it at Farran.

Farran was surprised, but soon gave a grin. This was what being a Trainer was about. Catching Pokemon and challenging others. If he wanted to get stronger, he would have to accept battles like these. "Alright, kid," he said. "If it's a battle you want, you'll get one. What are your terms?"

"The name's Rad, and let's see… how about a two on two battle?" Farran considered for a second. Well he did have two Pokemon, so he might as well. "Alright Rad, a two Pokemon battle it is, then." Farran took out a Pokeball from his pocket and tossed it up. "Cael! Come on out!" The Rattata burst from the Pokeball, eager and ready for a fight.

"A Rattata?" Rad smirked. "That's it? Okay… let's see how you handle this! Go, Beedrill!"

A large bug Pokemon appeared to face Cael. Farran was a little uneasy at this strong-looking opponent. Could Cael handle it? It was his first battle… But when he looked at Cael, the small Pokemon was glaring at the opponent three times his size without backing down, ready for action. His display of courage drove away Farran's fears. He cracked his knuckles and settled himself down for a hard encounter. Both Trainers looked at each other and simultaneously shouted.

"Begin!"

"Cael, Sand Attack!" Cael turned and whipped up a stream of dirt at Beedrill, but it zipped out of the way. Rad snickered. "Such a lame attack won't work on Beedrill. Now this is a real attack. Fury Attack, Beedrill!" The enemy Pokemon made a beeline for Cael, its front stingers at the ready.

"This can't be good," Farran muttered. "Get out of the way!" Cael turned to run, but Beedrill was already there. It furiously jabbed its stingers at Cael… who miraculously dodged two of the jabs, but was grazed on the third attack. That's right… Farran realized. Cael's advantage is his speed and small size. If I play it right, Cael can emerge the victor.

"Grr… what an annoying Pokemon!" Rad shouted. "C'mon Beedrill! Another Fury Attack!" Beedrill jabbed at Cael once more. This time, he was ready. "Cael! Dash under Beedrill!" Farran yelled. As Beedrill's stingers came down, Cael shot under it, and its stingers hit only dirt. Cael skidded to a halt and did an about-face, legs tensing up, ready to spring.

"Now! Quick Attack!" The tension in his legs released, and Cael shot like a bullet towards Beedrill before he could turn around. The attack hit the opponent squarely in the back, and both Pokemon collapsed to the ground. Beedrill, having been knocked out of the air, was struggling to get back up, while Cael was shaking his head to clear it.

He must have put too much power into it, like before, Farran thought. But now, it's a good thing. He gave Cael another order. "The enemy is down! Finish it with a Bite!" As Beedrill was still struggling to fly, Cael scampered to it and bared his fangs. He bit down hard on Beedrill, and it thrashed for a while but soon lay still, unconscious.

"WHAT?" Rad screamed. "What just happened?! Beedrill! Grr… fine then! Return!" Beedrill disappeared in a flash, and Cael scampered back close to Farran, tired but happy. Farran knelt down to pat the small Pokemon's head. "Nice job," he whispered. "But there's one more opponent left. You up for this?" Cael squeaked in assent and faced the opponent Trainer, who was looking quite angry.

"Why you… how dare you do that to my Beedrill!" Rad clutched another Pokeball in his hand and tossed it. "Well, it's payback time! Go! Geodude!"

A Pokemon that looked rough and craggy as a rock appeared. So that's a Geodude, Farran thought, amazed. A Rock type…

"We can handle that, can't we Cael?" Farran grinned. He whipped his hand out and pointed at Geodude. "We'll hit 'em with speed. Quick Attack!" Cael crouched low, then shot towards Geodude.

Rad smirked. "Not this time. Defense Curl!" Geodude responded by wrapping its arms around itself and tensing its body. Cael's attack hit the opponent… and he merely bounced off and crashed to the ground.

"Haha!" Rad crowed. "How do you like that? You're puny Rattata can't penetrate the rock-hard body of my Geodude!" To Farran's astonishment, Geodude unwrapped its arms from its body, looking unfazed by Cael's attack, while Cael lay stunned in the grass. What in the world…? was the only thing Farran could think. Seeing his shocked expression, Rad laughed confidently. "Why so surprised? Geodude's a Rock type. Normal attacks like that Quick Attack do little damage against him!"

That's right, Farran realized with a sinking feeling in his stomach. With that hard body, Cael's going to have a hard time doing any damage at all. We were lucky with Beedrill, but with the defense of this Pokemon, that won't work this time. He had to think of something. "Cael!" He called. "Are you okay?" Staggering to his feet, Cael squeaked out in agreement, but Farran could tell that he was tired and seriously hurt.

"Just hang on for a bit longer!" Farran had to think fast. He didn't think Cael could take out the Geodude, but if he could weaken it a bit, that would be enough. But before he could formulate a plan, Rad ordered his Geodude to use a Tackle. The enemy used its arms to push against the ground and launch itself towards the exhausted Cael. Not good.

"You still have your speed, Cael! Dodge it!" Quickly, Cael leaped out of the way, and the Geodude rammed into the spot where he used to be, making a small crater in the ground. Farran was relieved that Cael could still run fast, but was dismayed when he noticed that he was noticeably slower than before. That's fine, Farran thought hurriedly. He may be slower, but Geodude is slower still. He gave out another order. "Cael! Bite!"

Cael leapt upon the Geodude still in the crater, and clamped down hard with his fangs. The Geodude winced slightly, but grabbed Cael and threw him off. He hit the grass and rolled a few feet before coming to a stop, where he struggled to get back on his feet.

Rad struck a pose. "It's over! Geodude, use Rock Throw!" The enemy Pokemon used its fists to break up rocks from the ground, and heaved them at Cael. "Oh no…" Farran cried out. "Dodge! Hurry!" But Cael was too tired to move. The rocks hit the small Pokemon directly, and he keeled over, unconscious.

"Urgh… Return, Cael!" A beam of light hit Cael's unconscious form, and brought it back inside his Pokeball. Farran brought the ball close and closed his eyes. "Nice job, Cael." He congratulated. "You put up one heck of a fight. Rest now." He opened his eyes to see Rad laughing hard.

"That's right. No one can face my Geodude and win!" The kid said with a sneer. Farran couldn't put up with this kid's attitude anymore. He would have to teach him a lesson. A growl came from beside him, and he saw Orion bristling with anger. He must have not liked seeing his friend get hurt, Farran thought. "Yo, Orion, you want to teach that kid a lesson too, don't you?" Orion responded by leaping from Farran's side into the battlefield.

When he saw Orion, Rad merely laughed again. "Another puny Pokemon? I thought you'd have learned your lesson after seeing your Rattata get thrashed. Well, that means it's another easy win for us!" He struck a pose again. "Tackle him, Geodude!"

Orion growled and got into a ready stance. Farran nodded, a determined look in his eye. "Let's do it," he said. "Orion! Sand Attack!" Orion dug his paws into the ground and heaved up a pile of dirt to Geodude. Since it was rushing towards Orion, it couldn't dodge in time, and tumbled down rubbing its eyes.

The kid looked surprised, but dismissed it quickly. "Hah! That's only a minor setback. Geodude! Clear that dirt away and use Rock Throw!" Geodude wiped its eyes and grabbed some rocks, but Farran could tell that its vision was still slightly impaired. That would be enough. Geodude may be strong, but Orion had more than enough speed to compensate. Rocks flew, but with Orion's speed and Geodude's impaired sight, all of them missed. Rad stamped his foot in frustration. "C'mon, Geodude! Hit that Zigzagoon, now!"

Farran laughed inwardly at the Trainer's display of anger. An angry mind is one that can't think properly, Farran thought. I know. A calm head is what you need to win.

"Keep dodging them, Orion!" As rocks were chucked one after the other by Geodude, Orion merely rolled, leaped, and scampered from side to side, dodging each and every one of them. As the rocks flew, Farran could see the Geodude tiring because he was attacking while Orion expended less energy moving his body slightly to avoid the attacks. Soon the torrent of rocks lessened, and Geodude lay on the ground, panting heavily.

Now's our chance, Farran realized. "Tackle him, Orion!" His partner complied by rushing to Geodude and smacking into it with its body. Geodude faltered, but still got up again. Not to worry. "Keep doing it, Orion! It's tired, so don't let up!"

Rad could only watch in disbelief as Geodude was mercilessly hit from all sides. Sure, the damage was little, but enough attacks and the damage would take its toll. Pretty soon, it was all Geodude could do to keep upright. Orion stopped and faced the enemy, lowering its head and tensing up.

Farran flashed a grin at the stupefied Trainer. "You know, Orion can be a bit childish, and he loves to play around. But when it comes down to it, he's just like his namesake: a hunter. And your Geodude is his target. Ready, Orion? Finish him with a Headbutt!" With a growl, Orion charged towards the opponent and smacked him squarely with his head. The Geodude spun around from the force of the impact, and fell down and lay still. The battle was over!

Orion turned away from the fallen Geodude and scampered to Farran. He picked his partner up, and the Pokemon growled joyfully and licked his face. Setting his friend on his shoulders, Farran approached the frozen Trainer. At his approach, Rad snapped out of his reverie and glared at Farran.

"You were just lucky! I'll get you for this next time!" Recalling Geodude, he turned and ran off, stopping only to stick his tongue out at Farran. Pretty soon, he was gone.

Suddenly, Farran collapsed. He didn't notice at the time, but during the whole battle, he was extremely nervous. Now it was over, and the tension and energy now left him, leaving him exhausted. He sat down and marveled at what just happened. It was his first victory in a Trainer battle. It was a small step to his goal, but he felt stronger. Before he was inexperienced, and probably still was, but he now had some experience under his belt to make him better. He looked down at the egg still nestled in the crook of his left arm, and thought it was amazing that the egg had been with him the whole time while he had been battling.

He was tired. But he needed to get to Viridian. It was still in the afternoon, so Farran took up his backpack, checked his egg, and set off to the city.

By the time he reached it, the sky was turning slightly dark. He stood at the outskirts of the city, taking in the sights of the buildings. On one large building, he could see a sign that said "Viridian City Gym." "That must be the Gym," Farran mused. "I wonder where the Pokemon Center is… there it is. I guess I'll head there… my Pokemon need the rest. But it's still light out, so I have a good amount of time to explore the city before sleeping."

Nodding to himself, he strode towards the city. It was calm, it was quiet… but something felt too still, as if it was the calm before the storm.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Elliot decided to stop. He noticed as she approached, that she didn't look to be in a good mood at all. Finally she got within a few feet of him and stopped.

"You... Battle... Now!" She huffed. The girl appeared to be about 16 years old; she had long brown hair and was wearing a rather bright pink tracksuit.

"Hey, you can't just demand for a pokemon battle you gotta ask-"Elliot was cut off in the middle of his retaliation. "First the boy, now her? Is anyone actually kind around here?" Elliot thought.

"Either you're going to fight, or I'll have my pokemon attack you instead." She said, and while she said this, she let out her pokemon, it was a parasect.

"I'd rather fight your pokemon directly than see my pokemon fight a futile battle... forcing my pokemon to battle like that isn't cool. I bet you've been training for years! Go prey on someone your own size!" Yelled Elliot.

This however, seemed to infuriate the girl greatly. She eyed Elliot's Pikachu on his shoulder and came up with a quick plan.

"Rat Poison, use poisonpowder on that Pikachu!" She yelled. The Parasect was quickly running towards the two of them, preparing its attack.

Toni jumped down from Elliot's shoulder, intending to retaliate against the attack.

Parasect was gaining in distance and already began shooting out its poisonpowder attack.

"Nooo!" Elliot cried. And before he knew what he was doing, he jumped in front of Toni, just as Parasect's attack landed on Elliot. He keeled over onto the ground on his side which also dislodged Lentus' pokeball, rolling a few feet from Elliot. (Thankfully the egg was unaffected as Elliot had not landed on his stomach).

The girl began to laugh, "What's this? A trainer trying to be a 'hero'? Whatever... I have better things to do, if people refuse to fight me." She began jogging again, in the direction of Pallet town.

Elliot was now sweating profusely, as well as shaking; his vision was becoming cloudy and couldn't even think straight.

"Chuu!" Toni cried, running up to Elliot.

"Poke... Ball... The Ball..." Elliot weakly said.

Toni appeared to have understood. He ran around, picked up Lentus' ball and tried to open it in various fashions.

"Button... Then... Throw." Elliot continued weakly.

Toni found the button, managed to press it with its awkward paws, and it immediately expanded. Then Toni managed to throw it a few feet and out came Lentus. It was still sleeping. Toni went over to the sleeping pokemon and nudged it. This had no effect unfortunately, so Toni did the only other thing he could think of. He placed his left cheek right against Lentus' head, and gave a short thundershock. This seemed to have worked. Lentus woke up and gave a great big yawn. However, this did not stop Toni from trying to explain the current situation.

"Virid-" Elliot said, but blacked out.

Toni was now very distressed, even Lentus was quite confused. Toni seemed to have resolved that the best way to get help was to get Lentus to carry him. After all, Elliot wasn't that heavy, and Viridian city shouldn't be that long. So with Toni's help they managed to get Elliot on Lentus' back, but Elliots feet were still dragging on the ground and even Lentus' pace of slowness considerably dropped to a slower pace. Toni was also keeping an eye on the egg.

"Better than nothing." They both thought.

They walked for about half an hour, until they started to see big buildings coming from the ground, this they surmised was what Elliot was saying was Viridian City. And at this point, Lentus was pretty tired. Toni helped Lentus get Elliot next to a tree. Then Toni told Lentus it was going to run for help in the town. Lentus starred at Toni and Toni took that as an affirmation, and ran towards the city at a fast pace.

Taking about half an hour of constant running Toni, finally made it into the city, when he had still been wild, he had lived in Viridian City for a while and know a few things about it. Like that the Pokemon Centre was a place to heal pokemon. He decided to start there. As he got closer to the Pokemon Centre, people were starring at it, watching it run by. Finally it managed to arrive and get in the Centre. He saw Officer Jenny getting her healed Pokemon back from a Chansey. Toni ran up and spoke frantically to the Chansey.

"Pika pi, pi-ka-chu, chuu." Officer Jenny suddenly heard a Pikachu crying frantically, that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Chansey understood what Toni had said and told Toni that Officer Jenny would help.

"Chansey, chansey!" It gave in a tone of emergency. While doing so, directing Officer Jenny back to her motorcycle.

"What's the matter? Did something happen already again? I hope it's not those Dark Trainers again..."

Chansey instructed Toni to sit in the sidecar.

"Oh, you must have a trainer in trouble," Jenny realized. "Where is he? Is he on route 1 to Pallet Town?"

"Pi!" Toni nodded in agreement.

"Okay, we're off." She said, starting the bike and driving off.

It wasn't long until both Toni and Officer Jenny noticed Elliot and Lentus slumped next to a tree.

"Oh dear." She said simply, she jumped off her bike and rand quickly up to Elliot, Toni following, not far behind.

She examined Elliot closely, "They'll know what to do at the hospital." She said.

She lifted him up, and placed him in the sidecar, taking care not to harm the egg, and taking off his backpack, placing it in a secure spot in the side car. His pokemon also jumped into the sidecar. Officer Jenny turned around, and headed back to Viridian City. She finally got there, turned on her siren, and progressed to the hospital. Once there, she alerted the medical staff, to which they took Elliot and his belongings to a room.

~~~~~~~~
    (2 hours later)

Elliot woke up. But didn't open his eyes, he had the strangest dream. Some weird looking figure with a white flame-like hair, a black body, and a strange red collar was all he could remember.

"Where am I?" He thought, and then he recalled the events that led to his predicament, and opened his eyes. "Oh..."

Toni and Lentus were sleeping at the foot of his bed; in the middle of them was the egg. He also noticed his bag was on the table at the foot of his bed. He looked back at the two, and smiled, he also noticed that Toni had some sturdy looking gauze around its tail

The doctor who had diagnosed his condition had just walked in to do a quick check-up and noticed Elliot was awake.

"Good afternoon," He said, this caused Toni to wake up. "Before I say anything more, you should probably thank your Pokemon, they helped save your life."

Elliot looked at Toni and Lentus, gave a big wide smile, and said "Thank you so very much guys! I owe you one." Elliot would have gotten up and hugged Toni and Lentus, however the blankets he was under, seemed to have constricted his movement.

"Well then," The doctor continued "You'll be glad to hear that we cured you of your human reaction to a Pokemon's poison. Don't worry I've seen it happening plenty of times, just don't go over zealous when trying to catch a poisonous type next time."

"Oh, it wasn't a wild pokemon, it was a trainer's" Elli corrected him.

"Really? Was it a Dark Trainer?"

Elliot recalled the news again, as well as Dr. Marley's concern. "Ummm, well I don't think so."

"Okay, well you're free to go, just keep an eye on those types." The doctor said, turning around to leave the room.
    "Thank you doc, for everything." Elliot called.

The doctor responded by waving his hand as he was leaving. With great difficulty, Elliot managed to extricate himself from the blankets. He got up and put on his hoodie. Placed the egg in his hoodie, and put on his bag.

"Thanks guys." He said again smiling.

"Pi-ka chu." Toni said in a contended manner.

This seemed to have woken up Lentus. He got up and hopped from the bed, with Toni following. Elliot left the room, his pokemon right behind him. Finally managing to find the exit, he stepped out into the fresh air. He walked a few steps when suddenly he was approached by another kid about his age.

"Hey, do you want a Pokemon battle?" The boy said simply.

ピクシー

c l ef a b l e -
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    When the Pokeball stopped shaking Lily couldn't believe her eyes, her first real battle had been a success! She jumped up punching the sky with her fists, Lily picked up the Pokeball and threw it to the floor. The ball opened and out come a red ball of energy which formed into her new companion.

"Aw it's so cute!" Lily squealed loudly, the Sentret covered its ears at the screeching. Lily did not seem to notice this and continued to talk loudly, "Ahh I can't believe I caught my first Pokémon!"

Lily scooped up the Sentret in her hands, as she did so she noticed a Black and Yellow Egg nearby. Picking it up Lily felt the static coming from it, she also noticed it was warm. She put her ear against it to see if she could hear anything from the egg, indeed she could, she heard rustling noises from within the egg.

"Mm, this is a Pokémon egg I think. I'll take it with me! Sentret, return." Lily spoke to no-one, it seemed to be unusual to find an egg, and she had never read or seen anything about it.

Picking the egg up and holding it in her hand, Lily walked the rest of the way into Viridian City. The city looked like any other, however one thing made it different, there we a lot of people around, wondering what was doing on Lily approached one.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me what's going on?" Lily asked politely,

"Sorry to say there are Dark Trainers around in Pewter City and we have closed it off to the public. We are keeping our presence here to safe guard the town."

Lily blinked but nodded in understanding, looking down at the officer's feet, she noticed a Pokémon. Well, she did have to collect as much information as possible so why not see what Pokémon this was?

"Growlithe, the puppy Pokémon. Extremely loyal, it will fearlessly bark at any opponent to protect its own trainer from harm." The Pokedex rattled off.

"Wow, why do you use this Pokémon if I may ask?"

The officer pulled a confused expression but still replied, "Growlithe are very loyal Pokémon. They help us a lot in the work. We couldn't do it without them!"

"It seems perfect for the job."

"Indeed it is. Anyway, I must ask you not to head to Pewter City for the time being. You will not be able to enter. You should stay around Viridian city. We have a lot to offer here."

Lily nodded and wandered away from the officer. Holding the egg in her hands she turned around a corner and came across another trainer.

"Excuse me. Would you happen be a trainer of Pokémon? If so, will you commence a battle with me?" The male trainer seemed to have an unusual way of talking, "My name is Edward. The battle will be one-on-one, is that is satisfactory with you."

The boy named Edward appeared to be about 16 of 17 years old. He wore, what appeared to be a school uniform; black neat and pressed trouser, a crisp white shirt and a navy blue tie.

"Hmm, I guess I can give it a try!" Lily replied, not used to be asking to battle.

-------------------

"Sentret let's go!" Lily threw her Pokeball and out came Sentret. She decided to test her freshly caught Pokémon, though she was not sure what expect from it. Win or los , it would be a valuable lesson.

"Come out, Ledyba!"

"Ledyba, the five star Pokémon. When the weather turns cold, lots of Ledyba gather from everywhere to cluster and keep each other warm." The Pokedex rattled off to Lily again.

"Ledyba, Comet Punch!"

"Sentret Sand Attack!"

The Ledyba's hand started to glow, as it flew toward the opponent Sentret threw up sand into both of their views. This made the battle harder, however the Ledyba saw through the Sandattack and the Comet Punch hit the target causing Sentret to skid across the ground.

"Sent.." It cried out, struggling to get up from the attack. Ledyba was heading back toward it.

"Finish it off with Tackle!"

"Headbutt, Sentret!"

Before Sentret could heed the order, Ledyba hit the target with tackle. Lily's companion could not get up from it's current position in the dust.

"Sentret. You tried your best." Lily returned the Pokémon to the Pokeball. While she had her first lose, she was not upset.

"That was a short battle. However we are both beginners. I would be delighted if you were to battle me in future when we have both gained more experience and Pokemon." Edward commented, "Would you allow me to accompany you around Viridian city?"

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Lucien had finished healing up Dugtrio, just as Nova was ending his check on his team. Getting up, Nova spotted a pink spot in a nearby bush.
    "Hey, Lucien, do you see that pink spot there?", he asked. The red head looked up from his current activity, and nodded; intrigued by the spot. As Nova and Lucien jogged over to the spot, the bushes started to rustle, like something was moving around inside. Sure enough, out came a pink cat-like pokemon, and it wasn't looking the least bit friendly. "What is that, Lucien?", Nova inquired. Whatever it was, it didn't impress Nova too much.
    "Hm, it looks like a Skitty. There are a lot of them where I come from. Yeah, definitely a Skitty", Lucien replied after a brief moment of thought. The Skitty didn't give them any more time to think, and it dashed at the two with a Tackle! Nova sidestepped, but it was apparent that Skitty wasn't targeting Nova. Lucien was hit in the leg by the cat, although Lucien just smiled at the Tackle. It apparently wasn't a very strong Skitty.

The Skitty grinned at Lucien, then hopped up at the red head, and bopped him on the head with its' tail. Lucien looked confused at first, then kneeled down, and grabbed Skitty into his arms. Nova was looking awfully confused at his reaction, and searched his pokedex for moves Skitty could learn.
    "Hmm… could it be?", Nova was looking up at Lucien and Skitty, back down to the pokedex. A moment later, Skitty lashed out at Lucien with a Double-slap, making him fly a few feet back. However, Lucien just walked back to the cat, with his arms held outwards. 'Attract! I thought so!', Nova realized. "Houndour, get over here!", the dog sprinted to Nova at the order. "Tackle that Skitty, get it away from Lucien", Nova commanded. Houndour closed in on Skitty, and as the hit was about to land, Lucien all of a sudden jumped in the way, defending his attacker. Lucien flew back again, and once again returned to Skitty.
    'Man…this will be annoying', Nova thought, as he watched Luciens' reactions.

By now, the other pokemon had begun to watch, and Luciens' pokemon, unsure of what their trainer was doing, were unable to decide what to do.
    "Machoke, grab Lucien. Don't let him get in the way", Nova sighed. Machoke sighed as he walked over to Lucien and held him to the ground gently. Lucien began struggling to get up, and mumbled random threats at him. "Fire Blast, Houndour!", came the order, and Houndour loosed the flames on Skitty. It dodged the attack however, and ran to Houndour, gave it a Double-slap, then retreated back a few feet. Houndour became angered at this, and the battle devolved into a brawl. Houndour, of course, came out on top, with Skitty lying on the ground, pinned underneath the paw of Houndour. He cackled triumphantly, then smacked it, once removing his paw from Skitty's body. Lucien cried out at the sight of Skitty being smacked around.
    'So, Attract is in effect still, huh…', Nova thought, then noticed that Skitty was attempting to crawl back into the bushes.

"I think catching it would make things all better!", Lucien yelled desperately. Nova glanced back at Lucien, and decided it wasn't such a bad idea. Turning back to the crawling Skitty, he watched as the cat reached into the bushes and revealed an egg in hiding.
    "Oh, wow! An egg, that looks pretty big for just a normal egg, though! I wanna check that thing out!… wait, was Skitty attacking us because of this egg?", Nova pondered, his interest piqued. Pulling out a pokeball, Nova tossed it at Skitty, and watched as the cat was sucked in. Lucien, at once gained a blank look on his face, and asked, "What was I doing?…Why is your Machoke holding me down? What's happening???", he was apparently freed of the Skitty's Attract. Walking to the egg, Nova picked it up, and then watched as the pokeball did its' work.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Mijaan watched as shelby walked off into the distance.
    'A Pokemon Egg?' he pondered to himself. 'Ive never seen one before... wait if these pokemon are both the same, that'd mean they were siblings.' The egg shook in his hand frantically. The egg's movement was rather intense as he gripped hold of it tighter. Maybe it was about to hatch. He looked up towards shelby and saw that she seemed to be experiencing the same thing. Without a second thought he took off his jacket and wrapped the egg even further to keep it warm, tying it with his sleeves and holding onto it tightly. He began to run to catch up to shelby, with Umbreon at his heel.

"HEY!" He shouted at his friend who quickly turned back, clinging to the egg. "Are they hatching?" he said. But as they grew closer together, his egg stopped shaking. Shelby looked down at her egg, it would seem hers did the same.

"I think they want to stay together until they hatch!" Shelby said, still looking down at her brown egg. They werent too far from Pewter city already and the pokemon center was in view. Mijaan quickly began walking in that direction and shelby soon followed.
    "I think nurse joy might know what to do." Mijaan called back, Umbreon's head was turning from shelby's egg to mijaan's and back again. Constantly. Shelby noticed this and was confused.
    'I wonder what's wrong with Umbreon?' she thought as they approached pewter city. Umbreon stopped and cocked his ears up. He turned to his left to see three trainers dressed in dark attire, cackling manically.

Mijaan and Shelby soon realised that they were being attacked by Dark Trainers once again. Frantically looking around them, they were surrounded by nasty looking pokemon. Carvanah, Magikarp, Beedril, Grotle, Alakazam and Gengar were all around them, stood looking viciously at the two trainers. Shelby was sared and dropped to her knee's, still holding the egg. Umbreon growled angrily at all the pokemon around him and the dark trainer's cackled. Mijaan recognised one of them as Jess.

"..What the?" He said, shelby lifted her head and looked over at the trainer she'd battled in Viridian Forest not so long ago.
    "Jess..." She said, with a solemn tone to her voice. She was no longer afraid but decided she was going to do everything in her power to protect her pokemon and the egg. She grabbed one of her pokeballs randomly and threw it towards Umbreon, who was looking around at the pokemon around them. It was Ivysaur.

"Ivy.." the little pokemon whimpered as it saw Grotle standing there looking determined to hurt him. It's friends were about to attack him and he couldnt understand why.
    "Alright enough of this nonesense..." said the Male dark trainer, danny. His fist tightened as as he pointed a finger at Mij's Umbreon. "Bring me that Umbreon!" He commanded. All the pokemon suddenly began to power up their attacks and move in to attack Umbreon. Grotle and Beedrill however remained in place and looked over at jess for a final confirmation. Jess nodded and looked at Ivysaur, her own pokemon. Beedrill and Grotle moved in for the attack. Magikarp, Carvanah, Alakazam and Gengar moved in on Umbreon.
    But it was Ivysaur who was struck first, Grotle and Beedrill attacked together and sent the little blue pokemon flying back, its flower was ruffled and he skidded along the ground. Readying itself, it was angry. For the first time, Ivysaur had pure confidence about itself and wasnt going to go down without a fight. It wanted to prove to jess that it was far stronger than she knew. And it was.
    With an immensely powerful ray of light, Ivysaur began to glow white, drawing in the sunlight and growing to an enourmous size. Ivysaur growled angrily as everyone shielded their eyes. When the light had faded...
    Venusaur stood in its place. Angrily roaring at his two enemies.
    Spoiler:

He screeched as he launched an insanely powerful Solarbeam Grotle and Beedrill, knocking them out cold with one blow. Venusaur angrily turned to jess who looked intimidated.
    Meanwhile Umbreon was having trouble, Dodging some attacks from his many opponents but generally being smacked about by allsorts of different attacks... Struggling to stay focused, he was almost done for, But as mijaan grabbed his pokeball...
    *CRASH!*
    Spoiler:

Steelix came from underground and shattered the earth with its presence, knocking everyone off their feet. Even most of the pokemon. Steelix stood tall and proud, half buried underground along side the once-Ivysaur and Umbreon as brock approached the scene. Shelby grabbed Raichu's pokeball and added him to the lineup.
    "ROOOAAIII!" He screeched angrily and the dark pokemon trainers backed off some more.
    "What is this?" Brock asked the dark trainers. "Attacking and outnumbering trainers? You should be ashamed." Brocks fist tightened as he pointed angrily at the dark trainers who slowly started to step back. "GET OUT OF MY CITY BEFORE WE BREAK YOU!" He yelled. The dark trainers pokemon were startled at the presence of Steelix, who began to charge up a fireblast. They all returned their pokemon and began to run away yelling "We'll be back!"

Venusaur collapsed on the ground in exhaustion, the solarbeam had taken everything he had. Shelby smiled at returned him as she turned to brock with his pokeball in hand.
    "Brock." she said. "This is jess's pokemon. It looks like she's joined the bad guys." She looked upset. Brock understood and took the pokeball, placing into his pocket.
    "I'll look after venusaur for now." He said. "Maybe when she comes to her senses.." He said, shelby nodded and smiled. Wiping a bead of sweat from her face, she was relieved to see him and he could tell.
    "Thanks." Mijaan smiled at brock. The gym leader he had recently beaten. "You saved us."
    Brocks eyes widened as he saw the egg in Mijaan's hands fall to the ground. It seemed to leap from his arms. SHelbys did the same and both the eggs rolled towards eachother. Almost hopping along the ground, the eggs moved away a few feet and began to glow slightly.
    Umbreon, crawled towards the eggs, rather injured. Approaching them slowly as the eggs were laid against one another, he placed a paw on each of the eggs and in a flash of blinding light, both of the eggs cracked.
    "Woah!" All three of them said as they watched on. Steelix loomed overhead and Raichu stood by shelby as they all watched the event unfold. The eggs began to crack frantically and within the space of a few seconds the eggs had completely hatched. Once the glowing light had died down, Umbreon appeared to be standing over two baby Eevee's. Nodding, he picked them both up by the scruff of their necks and dropped one at each of Mijaan and Shelbys feet.
    Mijaan knelt down at patted the tiny little Eevee on the head, who was startled by this. Both the eevee's opened their eyes and were looking up at their trainers smiling happily, waiting for something.
    Spoiler:

Brock smiled. "Get out your pokeballs and return them." he said. "They're your pokemon now."
    Shelby's eyes widened at the idea of a 6th pokemon for her team and both the trainers dropped pokeballs and the pokemon were each caught respectively.
    Mijaan Shelby and their pokemon headed to the pokemon center but before they got too far brock shouted. "Be careful!"
    He put is hand into his pocket and held the pokeball tightly. 'That jess..' he thought as he walked away.

Last edited:
    Years
    Reviews .. Plenty to review too!
    (Click Show Content)

Feign
    Spoiler:

Jake
    Spoiler:

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    Spoiler:

Royal
    Spoiler:

Fear_The_Laprass
    Spoiler:

SwiftSwim
    The pokeball shakes around for a while ...
    Spoiler:

ピクシー
    Spoiler:

Dark Mike
    You sure I should be reviewing this? Lol...
    Spoiler:

Notice: Mijaan, Shelby, Chris, Jess, and Nova need to be at the roadblock cutting Pewter off from Mt. Moon by sunset.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

General note:
    I dont like the idea of people finding items without asking me. Try to refrain from it.
    Oran and Sitrus berries, i guess .. well just ask from now on please!!

Fear_The_Lapras, Farran is now rather ill from eating that oran berry.
    Berries are for pokemon! Not people ;)

This will happen later on:

PEWTER CITY NOTE:
    At about 7 in the evening the sun sets and the moon has risen into the sky. A massive crash of waves is heard coming from the west, and a pokemon has lifted into the air. Unsettling the steady water, the pokemon pauses in the air for a moment.
    Spoiler:

Before heading east towards Mount Moon. Pewter City for a few moments is covered in shadow as the large pokemon blocks out the moonlight. Carrying large shards of ice with it as it passes. Nobody knows what this large pokemon is, but as it passes, the feeling of peace is once again spread throughout the city.

Ice begins to drop from the sky, very lightly, asif it was snowing, but only for a few seconds. After it has passed, a massive explosion is heard towards the east, along with a flash of bright light and some smoke.
    Mijaan, Chris, Shelby and Nova, although some may be in different locations, along with their companions, decide to head down the road and see what has happened. Jess is already there.
    This has not yet happened!! (unless you're that far into your day ^^)

Last edited:

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Nicky walked back into Viridian City. He could tell it was a lot busier from earlier. He decided to look around for a trainer to battle. He looked around at all the different people but couldn't decide on who to fight. He walked past people inspecting them as they went.

The sun shone brightly and the heat was starting to get to him. He took his bag off his shoulders and removed his leather jacket. He opened his bag and stuffed his jacket inside. He slung the bag over his shoulders again and continued looking for a trainer.
    "Phew! Still warm!" Nicky said to himself wiping the back of his hand across his forehead.

"I hope your not warm enough for a battle." The voice came from behind him. Nicky turned around and there stood a boy about thirteen years old with short hair. The boy had white shorts and a red t-shirt on. He held out a poke ball in the palm of his hand.
    "I saw you looking around at people and naturally assumed you were looking for a battle. So what do you say?" the boy said. Nicky grinned at him.
    "I say bring it on!" Nicky exclaimed unhooking Mankey's poke ball from his belt, "My name's Nicky. Whats yours?"
    "Im Fred! And get ready to lose!" Fred said slyly. Nicky held out his poke ball. Suddenly a man jumped in between them.
    "And Im Steve! I'll be the referee for this match" the man said excitedly. Nicky looked at the man surprised. He looked at Fred.
    "Im ok with that. What about you Fred?" Nicky asked.
    "Im fine with that as well!!" Fred replied, "Lets make it a single two pokemon each battle."
    "Very well." Nicky said suddenly being calm. This is my first battle, Nicky thought to himself, and I don't want to over excite myself otherwise I'll lose track of what Im doing.

Fred held his poke ball up then threw it into the air.
    "I choose you Spearow!!" Fred shouted as the ball spun in the air and opened. With a flash of bright light, Spearow appeared on the floor in front of Fred.
    "Speeearow!" the Spearow said with authority.
    "Ok listen up Spearow we got ourselves a battle. Just remember what we've been doing and you should be fine!!" Spearow looked to Fred and nodded. Nicky threw his poke ball into the air.
    "Ok lets go Mankey!! Lets see what your made of!!" Nicky shouted as Mankey appeared from its poke ball and stood in front of Nicky, "We got ourselves a battle to win Mankey!"
    "Mankey!" Mankey said with an angry tone in its voice. Mankey looked at its rival pokemon across the temporary battle ground.

"LET BATTLE COMMENCE!" Steve the referee said loudly deafening everyone around him. With that Mankey sprang into action making a loud screeching, deafening noise. The Spearow didn't like the sound and shook its head trying to rid the noise from its brain.
    "Woah! Mankey hold on! I've not said anything yet! And what was that?" Nicky exclaimed.
    "That was Screech." Steve the referee quickly said to Nicky, "You've only just caught it?"
    "Yeh about twenty minutes ago!" Nicky replied.
    "Mankeys are tough to train with that anger of theirs, you better get the reins in on that Mankey otherwise its gonna do that all time!!" Steve the referee told Nicky.
    "Ok thanks!!" Nicky said to Steve then turned his attention to Mankey, "Ok Mankey! Your gonna listen to me!!" Mankey looked behind at Nicky as if it didn't do anything wrong. "But good call on the Screech!! Its weaker now!! Use Karate Chop!!" Nicky barked. Mankey charged at the Spearow who was still trying to rid the noise from its head.
    "Quick Spearow!!! Dodge Mankey's attack!" Fred said loudly at his Spearow trying to get through to it. But the Spearow was still shaking its head. Mankey landed a Karate Chop on Spearows head which sent it down onto the ground.
    "Spearow!! Are you alright?" Fred asked his Spearow quickly. Spearow got up quickly and looked like it did when it appeared from its poke ball.

"Looks like that Karate Chop got rid of the noise in its head!" Nicky said to Fred.
    "Your right! And be prepared to lose!! That Mankey is fighting type!! And Spearow is flying type!! Ok Spearow use Peck on Mankey!!!" Fred shouted. The Spearow suddenly lunged towards Mankey with its beak glowing.
    "Quick Mankey dodge and see if you can get another Karate Chop on Spearow!!" Nicky yelled. Mankey dodged the move and used Karate Chop on Spearow again but brought its fist down on its back this time. The Spearow was instantly brought to the ground from the attack.
    "Spearow keep using Peck!!" Fred shouted. Spearow got up with its beak still glowing. And landed several pecks to Mankey's body. Mankey fell back in pain.
    "Keep using Peck Spearow!!!"
    Spearow continued to Peck away at Mankey. Nicky didn't quite know what to do. He could see Mankey was in trouble. Those Pecks were taking their toll. Suddenly Mankey, from nowhere, hit out at the Spearow. Mankey was angry and lunged for Spearow. He started to continually scratch at the Spearow powerfully. Nicky instantly recognised the move as Fury Swipes.
    "Good move Mankey!! Those Fury Swipes should knock some sense into it," Nicky said sighing with relief. The Mankey stopped using Fury Swipes and instead of looking to Nicky for more instructions instantly used Karate Chop on Spearow. The Spearow hit the floor. In its anger it used Fury Swipes again, hacking away at Spearow. By this time Spearow was out but Mankey still continued. Mankey stepped back and started to use Focus Energy. Nicky looked on helplessly.
    "Spearow!!!" Fred shouted from the opposite side of Nicky.
    Steve the referee looked to Nicky, "Nicky!! You must stop Mankey before Spearow is seriously hurt!!"

Nicky ran towards Mankey who was still using Focus Energy. Nicky stood near Mankey and looked down at the hurt Spearow.
    "Quick Fred!! Return your Spearow!!" Nicky shouted to Fred. Fred nodded with fear in his eyes and returned Spearow to its poke ball, his hand shaking violently. Nicky looked to Mankey. "MANKEY!!!! Snap out of it!!!" Nicky shouted to Mankey angrily. Mankey, still in its rage, looked up at Nicky and used Fury Swipes on Nicky. Nicky felt Mankeys claws strike deep into his legs. The pain was immense but as Nicky fell to the ground he knew it was better for him to take the attack rather than Spearow. "Mankey!!! Stop it!!!" Nicky cried out. Steve the referee was about to intervene when Nicky stopped him, "No! I don't want anyone else to get hurt!!"

As Mankey continued to claw away at Nickys legs, Nicky quickly unhooked Metapod's poke ball. "METAPOD!! I NEED YOUR HELP!! Use String Shot on Mankey to subdue him!!"
    Metapod appeared as Nicky released Metapod from its poke ball. Metapod saw Mankey hacking away at Nickys legs and lowered its eyes in anger.
    "Metaaaaaapod!!" Metapod said loudly as it used String Shot on the one-minded, angry Mankey. Metapod continued to use String Shot on Mankey but Mankey ripped its way out. Mankey charged for Metapod while dodging Metapods continued String Shots. "Quick Metapod use Harden!!" Nicky barked. Metapod used harden and Mankey landed a Karate Chop on Metapods hard skin. Mankey recoiled with the pain that shot through its hand. "Use Tackle on Mankey Metapod now!!!" Nicky said whilst being helped up by Steve the referee and Fred. Metapod charged towards Mankey and landed hard. Mankey fell to the ground and Metapod charged with another Tackle to make sure. Mankey had finally calmed down, it stood up looking very dizzy. Mankey looked at Nicky for help then fainted. Nicky quickly limped over to Mankey. "Mankey!!! I know you didn't mean it!! You just lost your temper!!" Nicky said sadly. Nicky looked at Metapod, "You did good Metapod!!"
    Nicky returned Metapod to its poke ball and re-hooked the ball to his belt. He scooped Mankey up in his arms and limped towards the Pokemon Centre. Fred ran alongside. Nicky looked at Fred. "Im so sorry Fred! I only caught him this morning!" Nicky said sadly to Fred.
    "Don't worry about it! Spearow'll be fine, I'll accompany you to the Pokemon Centre!!!"
    "Thanks for understanding Fred," Nicky said.

(ooc: hope its alright. thought id have some drama :P lol just wanted to get this one in. will continue it soon :D)

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    As the pokeball stopped shaking, Nova grinned and picked it up. Skitty was his now, although he couldn't begin to imagine what he could use it for, other then attracting people. He sighed as he reattached it to his belt. Lucien still was questioning what had happened, and Nova just held up the pokeball and said,
    "It doesn't matter what happened, only that I got a new pokemon out of it", and Nova put the pokeball away once more. Looking at the egg once more, he noticed that it was a purple color, and had an odd hand print on the side, "This can't be a regular egg, maybe it is a Pokemon Egg?", Nova asked himself.
    "It must be. Just one look should be able to tell you that. I mean, it's purple!", Lucien replied. Feeling the egg, Nova noticed it was mildly warm, and was moving ever so slightly.

"Hey, Houndour, come here, I want you to heat this up", Nova said, pointing to a patch of dirt. The dog was happy to comply, and set to heating the dirt. While Houndour was busy, Nova decided to run scans on Luciens' pokemon. 'He has an interesting mix of pokemon', Nova grinned inwardly. Nova returned his attention to Houndour, and saw him lying in the sand, relaxing. "Hey, I'm going to set this right here, don't roll over and crack it or something! This thing has life in it!", Nova warned as he set the egg next to Houndour. The dog looked at it questioningly for a moment, then curled up around the egg, keeping it quite warm. 'Gyarados… Let's see if I can't work on that temper of hers', Nova pulled the dragon's pokeball from his belt, and launched it skyward. Once again, Gyarados shattered the quiet with a loud roar.

"Shh! It was okay before, but you seriously need to work on being quieter! There will be a baby pokemon with us in a while, and before it hatches, I want you to be quiet so as not to scare it.", Nova scolded Gyarados harshly. She looked at Nova, but didn't make another sound. Glancing over Gyarados, Nova spotted the injuries from Dugtrio, and asked her to bow her head onto the ground. She looked at Nova strangely, but followed the order nevertheless. Nova pulled a potion from his pack, and sprayed it over the injured areas.
    "GYAR!", the dragon roared at the unexpected pain.
    "Take it easy, this is only gonna help you. You want help to win battles don't you?", Nova attempted to calm Gyarados. Grumbling a bit, she lowered her head, and winced a few times as the potion took effect. 'Hah, you may be tough in battle, but you're a baby when it comes to treatment!', Nova chuckled at the thought. After a few minutes, and many growls, Nova finished with the treatment. Gyarados looked better off then she did minutes ago.

Looking back to Lucien and his group of pokemon, Nova watched as Lucien attempted to take something from his Jigglypuff, only to get smacked a few times. His pokemon laughed at the sight. Rolling his eyes, Nova returned his attention to his own pokemon. 'Hm, it's getting warm out! I think I'm gonna see how much Gyarados likes me', Nova thought as he asked Gyarados for a lift. She looked at him, bewildered, but once again obeyed the order. A moment later, and Nova was high in the air, atop the dragon's head. "Hey, Gyarados, it's nice up here. Thanks for doing this!", Nova said as he patted the side of her head. "Heh. Let's see what Skitty thinks", and promptly held the pokeball out, and Skitty materialized right beside Nova.
    "Nya? NYAAH!", Skitty checked her surroundings, then screamed at noticing what she was standing on, and hastily hopped off. It looked like there was going to be a crash with the ground, but Machoke swiftly jumped over to Skitty, and caught her. Machoke and Nova sighed, relieved. Skitty however, began giggling and hit Machoke on the head with her tail, Attract. Nova sighed angrily and shot Skitty with the returning light. She hopped out of Machoke's grasp, and danced around the area, dodging happily.

This aggravated Nova, and he ordered her to stop, but; no dice. She had no plans for stopping, and Nova got even more angry when Machoke began following her in the same manner Lucien did earlier. "That's it. Gyarados, roar at her, now!", Nova spat out. Gyarados reared her huge head, and let out a roar so loud, anyone within a mile could easily have heard it. Naturally, Skitty, along with everyone else, flinched. Nova recovered from the shock faster then Skitty did, and shot her with the light again, successfully depositing her to the pokeball. Sighing with relief, Nova patted Gyarados once again for a job well done. Nova looked around, and saw that; Houndour was sleeping, Machoke was leaning on a tree, and Lucien and his pokemon, were still quivering from the intense roar of Gyarados. 'Hm, looks like Gyarados is the only one who I can train with now…'

"Gyarados, blast that tree with a Water gun.", Nova said softly. Gyarados was about to roar in compliance, but paused, then unleashed the water with out a sound. Nova could feel the water surging through Gyarados underneath his feet, he could feel the power, and he could understand why Gyarados took pride in her strength. The tree in question happened to be on the opposite side of the clearing, so as not to disturb the relaxing of their friends. Under the pressure of the water, it snapped in no time at all. Nova was pleased with the result, and ordered another Water gun on another tree. That tree snapped as well. The trainer and pokemon were thoroughly enjoying the training, and as the trees snapped again and again, the sun rose higher and higher. Before the two knew it, a small clearing had been made from all the snapped trees.
    'Luckily there weren't any pokemon in those trees!…Oh crap', Nova thought, and turned his head slightly to spot an entire swarm of Beedrill speeding towards them!

"Houndour, keep the egg safe! Machoke, get ready for this!", Nova ordered. Both of his pokemon down on the ground looked around confused, then checked the skies above their heads, and gasped. Houndour stood up and placed the egg behind him, and fire began shooting from his mouth every so often, a warning to stay away. Machoke looked at the Beedrill swarm, and readied himself for the ensuing fight. Lucien spotted the swarm about the same time Nova did, and had his team standing at attention. The Beedrill made the first move, and shot a flurry of needles at Gyarados. The trainers responded with a Fire Blast/Ember from Chimchar and Houndour, and a Dragon Rage from Gyarados. The needles were negated, and a few parts of the attacks had pierced through the needles, and took a few Beedrill down to the ground. However, the Beedrill could move faster then the pokemon could respond with attacks. Within a half minute, the Beedrill had swarmed the area. Gyarados was surrounded by 9-10 Beedrill, and the other 15 or so were combating the pokemon on the ground.

As Nova was busy dodging the Beedrill while on top of Gyarados, he noticed that they were very clumsy, not organized at all, and above all; they were injured already. 'Something tells me we didn't set these pokemon off…', Nova ordered a Water gun from Gyarados, and an Ember from Houndour. Machoke was too far off to be able to hear Nova clearly, so he left Machoke to his own devices. Lucien could be heard spouting orders to his pokemon, and how synchronized his pokemon were! He watched as Kirlia suspended a few with Confusion, while Dugtrio slammed them with Rock Throw, and Chimchar burned the Beedrill that Jigglypuff had put to sleep. Then the pokemon switched roles, and Dugtrio had another set of Beedrill suspended with Stealth Rock, while Kirlia shocked them with his Thunderbolt. Chimchar was busy Taunting the bugs, whilst Jigglypuff made quick work of them with Pound! 'Great teamwork…', Nova couldn't help but grin as he watched Lucien in action. Nova had his attention snatched from him as Gyarados loosed a pained roar. He looked down, and a Beedrill had pierced the tough scales, and was stabbing at the spot fiercely. Nova hopped to the side of Gyarados, and smashed his foot into the Beedrill, who fell into the water underneath Nova's weight. Another Beedrill flew into a position ideal for attacking Nova, and was about to do so, when a burst of flames engulfed it! Houndour growled at the bugs, he wasn't about to let them get to his trainer.

Machoke was going from Beedrill to Beedrill, chopping them down, or punching them far into the sky; Machoke was obviously too good for the Beedrill, although his fatigue was showing clearly. The swarm of bugs was thinning out, and there was no doubt that the tide of the battle was turning. Gyarados, still in pain, angrily lashed out at the Beedrill surrounding her with a smack of her tail, and sent them flying far into the distance. The bugs that hadn't been fainted already decided that they had had enough, and buzzed off. Gyarados roared at the retreating Beedrill, then crashed to the ground, exhausted and injured. Nova, naturally, was also thrown to the ground, and landed with a thud.
    'Ugh…That was painful…Are we safe, now?', Nova thought, looking dazed. Lucien returned all of his pokemon, and ran over to Nova's group. Machoke followed behind. "Argh, that was certainly not anything I want to go through again. At least not until my pokemon can handle it better then that. ", Nova sighed as he rubbed his sore behind. "You all did good, come and take a break you guys", and Nova brought up the pokeballs, and his pokemon disappeared. Just then, Nova and Lucien heard some voices, and spotted a bunch of men in black clothes walking around. Nova grabbed the egg, then wandered closer, wanting to hear what they were talking about.

"…ose Beedrill were annoying…good thing we got rid of 'em. There's no use for stupid bugs like them anyways! I wish we weren't stuck patrolling this stupid forest!", one guy said.
    "Yeah! And who would ever want anything to do with them anyways?", another said loudly. Nova had heard enough, these guys were like the guy he fought in Viridian, and they caused the Beedrill to attack them.
    "Lucien! We're going back to Pewter, hurry", Nova said as he walked towards the city at a fast pace. Lucien followed suit after realizing who the guys in black were.
    'They'll pay for getting my pokemon hurt like this...', Nova thought as he gripped the egg tighter.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Sorry if this post isnt really great.. It's quite poor actually but still..
    if some things dont make sense.. point them out to me.
    i'm quite tired xD

Mijaan and shelby had just healed their pokemon and they were stood outside once again, Mijaan stared into the sunset as shelby stood beside him. Hearing splashes and loud crashes in the distance, it sounded like someone was battling intensley. A pokemon roar sounded in the distance, it was the sound of a Gyarados shreiking angrily. Mijaan continued to look into the sky and sighed. Shelby cocked her head questioningly.

"Something wrong?" She asked, with a very peaceful tone in her voice as she put her hand on Mijaan's shoulder. He smiled at this but then he quickly turned his head and brushed her hand away.. going bright red with embaressment.
    "HAHAHA!" he laughed as he rubbed the back of his head, shelby was completely oblivious as to what he was laughing at and he just grinned at her. "Nothing.. So now what!?" He asked as he turned around and started to walk.

"Hey wait whats wrong!!" She stomped after Mij who continued to walk. She was trying to be nice to him and he'd just laughed in her face. He decided to quickly change the subject.
    "Nothing! It's just... Well I was gonna ask to battle you." He said as he continued to walk, without facing back towards her, then he turned and grinned. "But I mean, You'd only lose!" He grinned and turned around, to continue walking. Shelby stopped in her place and pulled out Quilava's pokeball. Mijaan noticed she'd stopped, and continued to walk a few more paces before unhooking Umbreon's pokeball. He turned back stared over at her. Things had gotten serious. She was slightly annoyed but happy that they could finally settle this and Mijaan felt exactly the same way. Without saying a word he sent umbreons Pokeball into the air and called upon his Dark little monster, who was ready to fight instantly. "One on one?" He asked.
    Shelby just nodded her head. Quilava appeared not too far from him and they both bowed their heads at eachother before the fight.

"Quilava!" Shelby said with a serious tone to her voice. "Mijaan and Umbreon think they're tougher than us! Let's show him!!" Mijaan grinned as the battle had become so intense before it had even started. Shelby however was still rather irritated. 'How dare he mock me. We'll stomp him' she thought to herself. The sun began to set

"Umbreon. Quick attack!" Mijaan commanded to his pokemon. Umbreon almost lifted of the ground as he ran in at his target. Quilava stood ready for the impact.
    "Flamewheel!" She called and as umbreons attack hit he was knocked flying back by quilava's firey circle surrounding it. Quilava then ran in and collided with umbreon a second time knocking him back even further. Umbreon hit the ground and was hurt slightly but climbed to his feet.
    "Headbutt!" Shelby yelled as umbreon was still recovering from the last attack. Umbreon couldnt shift out of the way intime and headbutt knocked him a fair few feet away. The moon began to rise in the distance and mijaan was very aware of this. The sun had almost set.

"Just a little longer!" Mijaan looked on at his pokemon seriously, who glanced back at him and then realised the moon was rising just behind his trainer. He knew exactly what his trainer was planning.
    "Come on quilava let's finish this!" Shelby screeched. She knew umbreon was a tough opponent but quilava had clearly gotten stronger recently. "Ember!" she called out and her pokemon lit up in flames. He opened his mouth and let an immense stream of fire, like nothing she'd ever seen before, loose from his jaws. It was no mere ember attack.
    Spoiler:

"Flamethrower?" She looked puzzled at first but then clenched her fists as she saw Umbreon fly back even further, clearly injured from the attack. Umbreon hit the ground and was almost done for. "Just one more time!" shelby called out and her pokemon let another stream of flames rain down upon umbreon, but this time umbreon was ready. He leaped into the air and quickly dodged the attack. As he landed he glanced back at the moon.
    Spoiler:

The rings on his body began to glow immensely and shelby had to cover her eyes.
    As she looked back, Umbreon stood proudly. Glaring at his fiery friend, he was as good as new and ready to start fighting back. Quilava however had almost run out of steam. Using those fire attacks constantly had worn him out and umbreon was ready for the kill.

"Hey no fair!" Shelby glared on as Mijaan's pokemon fully restored his health. Umbreon simplyed stared deep into his opponents eyes and waited. His eyes flashed a strange colour and Quilava quirked onto his back legs, looking around confused. "Quilava! Let's go!" Shelby called but her pokemon simply tripped up and landed on his face. He couldnt fight anymore, he was too confused.

Mijaan pulled out his brand new pokedex and scanned his umbreon for the first time to see the move it had used was Confuse Ray. Umbreon walked over to quilava and licked him before shelby returned him.
    "You cheated!" She scalded Mij who was simply laughing at her misfortune. He fell to the ground in laughter but both of them were interupted by the huge sound of waves crashing in the distance. Their eyes grew wide as a giant pokemon flew above them, Shelby gasped and landed on her behind as the pokemon flew over head, they both watched as its wings spread above them, it looked almost asif it was snowing. The giant pokemon gave off a peaceful aura and Shelby calmed down slightly. The two of them were awestruck and Mijaan pointed his pokedex at the pokemon. A picture of the pokemon appeared.

Spoiler:

"NO RECORDED DATA FOUND" the pokedex spoke in a robotic voice.

Mijaan looked puzzled and stared at the pokemon as it flew into the distance. After it had gone shelby walked up to Umbreon and patted him on the head.
    "That was a good strategy." She smiled at umbreon but then glared at mijaan. In a huff, she turned around and walked towards the pokemon center. Mijaan followed but as they reached the door they heard a massive explosion coming from the east that shuddered the ground. Mij and Shelby fell into a pile on the floor of the pokemon center's doorway. Shelby shoved him from ontop of her and climbed to her feet.

"Get off!" She scowled at him as he stared off into the distance, still laid on the ground. She realised something had happened. Although quilava needed healing, they had no time, both the trainers and Umbreon began running to the east towards the large pillar of smoke. The night was unusually dark.. Something was at work.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    OOC: those who i havent reviewed (Pokebreeder and Swiftswim)
    just continue from where you left off, everything is fine ^^

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Sitting in the dark alleyway with Danny and Devanea, I fiddled with the badge Brock had given me. After losing that match, I was thinking what was better for me – being dark, or good? I seemed better off good.

A tear quickly slid down my cheek. My eyes were starting to clear and I could remember it all now. Ivysaur evolved to prove itself to me – to prove that it WAS my Pokemon and that I wasn't Dark – shouldn't be.

"You okay, Jess," Devanea asked. Looking quietly, I shook my head.

"Er… I hate thinking I lost," I lied. I got to my feet. "Uh, I'm going to take a walk."

Danny got to his feet. "Let me come with you," he said.

"NO!" I said, and then quickly cleared my throat. "I mean, I want to try to do something myself. I don't work well as a trio."

Danny shrugged and sat back down, his Honchkrow sitting next to him.

After leaving the two behind, I pulled my hood down and let the sun hit my black eyes. A frown was on my face and tears were crawling down my cheek. I needed to get out of Pewter City.

Getting closer to the route to Mount Moon, I saw a close river and released Magikarp from its Pokeball along with Grotle and Beedrill. With their clouded eyes, they still thought I was dark. "Come on," I instructed.

When we finally got to the route, I noticed it was blocked off and I hissed. My hands turned white as I balled them into fists.

What was next for me?

(OOC: Sorry short, but nothing really happens :/ )

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Nova and Lucien walked back with a hurried pace, eager to restore their pokemon back to full health at the pokemon center.
    "Lucien, are your pokemon hurt badly or anything?", Nova asked, mildly concerned.
    "No, they got off pretty well, although if your Machoke wasn't as close as he was, they would have had a bit more trouble then they did", Lucien replied. Nova nodded appreciatively at the comment, although he was still disturbed at his Gyarados's injury. It should be looked at, It seemed really painful, Nova recalled as he had heard the pained roar. His mood darkened somewhat, and he got lost in his thoughts, barely noticing that he had walked into the pokemon center. Nova was brought back to earth as Lucien requested Nurse Joy heal both their pokemon.
    "Would you mind healing my pokemon quickly? I have some business to take care of", Nova requested. 'I'm gonna find those dark trainers and mess them up!'

The nurse nodded and retreated behind the doors of the healing area, and Nova leaned against a wall, rubbing the egg gently, and anxious for his pokemon to heal. Lucien had wandered off to the diner, and Nova was left to his thoughts. A half hour passed, and it was getting dark out. Nova had grown impatient, and went outside to go for a walk. Looking up at the moon, Nova became aware that it was much quieter, and darker this evening then it had been in previous nights. Searching his immediate area, Nova found his guess was accurate, but not only was it quieter, but there were very few lights on as well. 'Something doesn't seem right here…', just a few moments later, a huge crash sounded, like waves. In the next instant, Pewter City was covered in darkness as the shadow of what could only be a large pokemon, passed overhead. As the moon regained control of the sky, snow-like substance started falling, but only for an instant. As the snow faded from the air, a bright flash of light, followed by a huge explosion was heard!

Nova had to shield his eyes from the light, and when the light had disappeared, a column of smoke was rising from the direction of Mount Moon. For a brief instance, Nova had lost all his anger at the dark trainers, although it quickly wore off. He couldn't be sure what had happened, although he couldn't help but feel something crazy was about to begin. Nova took off, jogging towards the pokemon center, hoping his pokemon had finished recuperating. Soon, he became irritated at how long it would take to get to the pokemon center, then to the smoke column, and went faster. About a minute later, Nova was in the pokemon center, and had been informed that his pokemon were finished healing about ten minutes ago, 'Perfect! Now let's go, guys!', Nova thought to his pokeballs. Lucien was standing outside, and said to be careful, Lucien knew where Nova was heading.
    "Don't worry, I'll come back for you once I find out what happened, later!", Nova grinned and ran off towards Mount Moon, with the egg placed in his backpack, kept safe from possible impact.

As Nova neared the site where the explosion was heard, the smoke had just about cleared away, and he spotted a girl with a Beedrill, Magikarp, and some other grass pokemon. She seemed angry about something. They all had a dark energy about them and Nova took his time approaching them, in case they were affiliated with the Dark trainers.

Last edited:

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Mijaan, Shelby and Nova vs Chris, Missy and Jess

Roadblock Showdown!
    (OOC: Sorry if its shorter than you hoped... co-ordinating 3 pokemon against 3 pokemon with 6 trainers involved too is hard ><;;
    PM me if you want something changed... or if you want to ask any questions. There WILL be mistakes... its too long to proofread properly XD)

Mijaan finally slowed his pace and began to stop at the smouldering wreckage that was once the road block they had seen not so long ago. Shelby caught up to him and looked on as the wreckage burned into the night. Standing there together, they both looked on into the flames.
    'That pokemon...' shelby cast back her mind on the large white figure that had floated above them just recently 'Could such a beautiful pokemon be capable of this destruction?' She snapped out of it when she saw Nova and his Houndour approaching them.
    "Hey guys." Nova said with a confused look on his face as he saw the wreckage. "What's going on here? What was that pokemon?" But neither knew what to say, they just turned their heads towards the wreckage once again. All three stood in silence as the flames crackled in the night...

Three trainers walked through the large gap in the flaming road block, towards Mijaan, Shelby and Nova. Mijaan widened his eyes to see it was chris standing with two girl dark trainers.
    "Chris.." He stepped back and gritted his teeth as his life-long rival approached, with Growlithe at his side. The other two trainers were standing next to him at either side, both with pokeballs in hand.

"I've heard what you're doing here Mijaan, We're here to stop you." Chris glared on angrily, but was quickly interupted by Nova.
    "Whatever! Let's make short work of them Houndour!" He called out and Houndour quickly leaped forward, standing between all 6 of the trainers. Mijaan nodded at Umbreon, who simply walked and stood side by side with Houndour. Shelby planned on using her Quilava but he was still injured, instead she decided on Raichu. Tossing out his pokeball, Raichu stood at Houndour's other side and all 3 pokemon were ready to engage the enemy.

"I don't know what they've told you chris..." Mijaan began to speak but was stunned when he realised one of the dark trainers was Jess, she threw her pokeball into the air and a Red and Black Gyarados stood tall growling at it's opponents. Jess was also shocked, it had evolved INSIDE it's pokeball! The other trainer, Missy, let loose her Armoured Alakazam onto the battlefield.
    'That Alakazam...' Mijaan recognised it from the first day of his journey. It was the alakazam that attacked Him and Umbreon back in pallet town. "We have to be careful!" Mijaan said quietly to his friends. Nova and houndour seemed to be growling in unison.

Shelby gritted her teeth, she hated these dark trainer confrontations. "What do you want from us?" Shelby screeched through her teeth at the three opponents they were about to face. She knew what they wanted though, Mike and Nova's dark pokemon. She wasnt about to let that happen.'We have to stop them!' she thought to herself. 'They can't keep doing this!'
    "Quieten down. It'll all be over soon!" Missy grinned as her Alakazam began to levitate, lifting raichu in the air with black energy, it tossed it across the temporary battlefield. Raichu landed on its back and used its tail to push itself back onto its feet. Angrily glaring at the armored Alakazam. It was a tough psychic pokemon.

'Psychic pokemon..' Mijaan grinned. 'That's it!'

"Houndour!" "Umbreon!" Mijaan and nova called out together. "Take out Alakazam!" They then looked at eachother with a grin as both of their dark pokemon charged in quickly towards the floating Alakazam, Only to be knocked aside! Growlithe struck Houndour away with a fierce tackle and Gyarados smashed into Umbreon with a forceful headbutt attack of its own. All three pokemon, Raichu, Umbreon and Houndour had taken hits and were stood side by side once again. Gyarados began to loom in without command but Raichu immediately responded with a thunder bolt attack. Gyarados, shocked and stunned, was launched back by the electrical attack, it was super effective.

During the chaos, Umbreon had snuck behind alakazam and leaped straight through him with faint attack, which bust his armour wide open. Growlithe and Houndour were facing off with fire attacks, colliding into eachother and causing massive explosions of flame. Alakazams dark powers faded, but he hadnt used any of them anyway and was certainly capable of fighting this battle.

"Alakazam can't hurt Umbreon or Houndour with psychic attacks!" Shelby shouted to her friends over the sound of explosions. "You need to take it down Mij, Raichu and I will deal with Gyarados!"
    But just as she said so, Gyarados loomed in and fired a Dark Beam attack straight at Raichu, which knocked it flying back into the distance. Raichu was injured and struggling to get up, so jess's gyarados turned his attention towards Houndour with an Aqua tail attack.

Crash!!

Houndour was struck into a tree and fairly injured. Whilst this was happening, Umbreon was using faint attack over and over but alakazam was teleporting to avoid each one.
    "CHRIS!" Mijaan yelled at his old friend as his growlithe began to launch a fire attack at umbreon. "Don't you see they're using you?!" Chris shook his head and clenched his fist. Pointed at umbreon and calling out for another attack. Gyarados, Alakzam and Growlithe charged in towards umbreon and they all struck him at once, causing umbreon to fly into a rock and smash it to peices. He was down. Raichu had managed to pull himself to his feet and used his quick attack to collide with gyarados but Alakazam quickly tossed him aside, landing next to Houndour. All 3 pokemon were out and the dark trainers looked to have won the battle...Until umbreon quickly leaped from the rubble and without being noticed headed over to Houndour and Raichu.
    "We'll be taking those pokemon of yours!" Missy cackled as the pulled out a handful of blackened pokeballs.

"Wait - what?" Chris stepped back and growlithe ran to his heel. Was he working for the wrong side? "Steal their pokemon?"
    Missy cocked her head and laughed at chris, who was still under the illusion that they were friends. She had clearly used him to get what she wanted and now chris was angry. He lowered his head and walk over to Mijaan, shelby and nova. Growlithe followed him but was confused as to what was going on.

"You moron!" Shelby scowled at chris, but as she looked over at raichu she realised Umbreon was somehow healing them with Moonlight. She continued to keep the conversation rolling. "Wasnt it obvious? It doesnt take a genious to see they're dark!"

"I.." Chris began to speak. SMACK!
    He fell to the ground, stunned.
    Mijaan with his fist out and red raw knuckled had just punched him full on in the face. His head was lowered and he was almost crying. Saying nothing, he remained in the same position, frozen with anger. Nova grabbed Mij's arm and attempted to try and calm him down. Shelby stepped back at the sight of Mijaan being so angry. Growlithe did nothing but lick chris's face after the attack. It was a justified punch. Jess watched on as she saw two good friends fighting... she was frozen on the spot.

"ENOUGH!" Missy angrily screeched at her now 4 opponents, "JESS! Have Gyarados finish them off, NOW!!" She yelled angrily at her would-be partner, but jess stepped back with a tear rolling down her cheek. She let go of Gyarados's pokeball and as it rolled to Missy, she picked it up.

"What is it with you people? All you want to do is cry and care? Fine, I'll do this myself!" She continued to yell. Gyarados looked back at Missy with a grin and turned to it's opponents. "You'll face my dark wrath!! GYARADOS! DARK BEAM!"
    Gyarados began charging up a dark beam attack and all jess could do was watch. Shelby, Mijaan, Nova, Chris and Growlithe looked up as Gyarados loomed overhead, looking their way, it was about to fire its attack.
    But shelby simply smirked, As gyarados generated the dark power it had left itself wide open.

"NOW!" Shelby shouted as she tightened her fists. She had seen something the others had not.
    Spoiler:

"ROOOAAAAAIIIII!!!" Raichu began doing its stuff, standing now on Gyarados head, electric sparks flying everywhere. Gyarados braced for impact but it was too late. "CCHHHUUUUUUUU!" Raichu sent a massive bolt of lightning directly from Gyarados's head all the way through its body. The electric attack went on for around 10 seconds before Raichu cut it off. Gyarados roared in pain it was clearly done for.
    Umbreon and Houndour moved in and began a relentless assault on Alakazam, who was powerless against them. Alakazam was almost beaten when houndour began to flash in a bright light.

Spoiler:

Suddenly, Houndoom was standing in his stead, Roaring and sending great terror through Missy and her Alakazam. Houndoom readied a fire blast attack and knocked its opponent flying. It was done.

After the commotion settled, noise was heard over head. It was a helicopter flying past with a rope handing out, Missy grabbed the rope and was reeled in. The helicopter was lowered so she could return her alakazam and gyarados as she climbed into it.

Standing in the opening was a very short old man, dress in all black, with a black hat on and sunglasses. He also had a cane. Pushing his glasses down with his finger he looked on at the trainers who were all exhausted and he smirked. He looked back at missy and said something to her, she frowned.
    TAP! TAP! He smacked his cane on the door if the chopper and the heli pilot nodded. They began to fly off into the distance.

Mijaan turned to Chris, who was looking up at him holding his cheek. Jess walked over to them, she had returned to normal and so had her pokemon.

"Well..." Nova shrugged. "Atleast we won the battle! And Houndour evolved!!" He grinned and houndoom let out a small bark in agreement. All 5 trainers sat down for a rest after the battle, they were all tired.

They watched the fires die down in the night and they all grew very tired in the spot they were sat. Shelby began to set up camp. Houndoom and Growlithe helped to light fires and Umbreon intensified the moonlight so that his friends could see what they were doing.

Mijaan finally broke the silence after 5 long minutes.

"Let's agree..." He lifted his head to reveal a smirk on his face. Everyone turned their heads in his direction to hear what he had to say. "Let's agree to bring all these dark trainers down!"
    Everyone smiled. Even jess and chris. They all nodded in agreement!
    "Every.. last.. one of them!" Shelby said as she kicked a rock across the ground. Mijaan yawned and with that turned over to go to sleep. Umbreon decided to keep watch over night, just incase anything happened. The others continued to chatter amongst themselves for a while, as Mij slowly drifted off to sleep, he heard brock speaking to jess about Venusaur.

Tomorrow they would head to Mount Moon... Tomorrow their journey continued.
    One more day before the big tournament...

End of Day 5
    Mijaan

Last edited:
    Years
    Hiro watched as Scyther sprang out of the pokeball and he frowned. Then he looked to the Dark Trainer who was glaring at him. Scyther turned and ran away in the bushes and Hiro grabbed his Wartortle's pokeball. Then the Dark Trainer shook his head with a small smirk on his face.

"Do you honestly think you can beat me, kid?" the Dark Trainer asked.

"Yeah, yeah I do," Hiro said confidently. "Now let's battle!"

The Dark Trainer laughed again and told Murkrow to get ready. Hiro threw his pokeball and in a flash of light, Wartortle appeared. It was completely rested and restored, ready for a battle. It called its own name, and then the Dark Trainer ordered Murkrow to use a peck attack. Murkrow flew at Wartortle. Wartortle simply sidestepped the attack. Then the Pokémon turned and used a water gun attack. It slammed into Murkrow's back, tossing it against a tree. Because the Murkrow had gotten sort of worn out when it had battled Scyther, it fainted almost instantly. The Dark Trainer cursed and quickly recalled his Pokémon. Then he ran off, leaving Hiro and Wartortle standing there.

Hiro thought, what the heck was that all about? Then he turned and together he and Wartortle headed for the gym. They wanted a rematch against Nathan to try to redeem themselves.

As Hiro walked in through the doors, Nathan looked up sharply. Then a small smile graced his face as he stood up. He walked to the end of his gym, and Hiro stepped into the box that he was supposed to be in. Hiro looked down at Wartortle, who looked pumped and ready to go. Then he looked back at Nathan.

"Let's go Wartortle! You too, Bellsprout!" Hiro said. He tossed Bellsprout's pokeball and the small plant-like Pokémon came out of it in a flash of white light. Bellsprout glanced at Wartortle and seemed to brood, almost like it wished that it could do the battle alone.

"Miltank and Tauros!" Nathan called. The other two Pokémon came out in a flash of light.

*Battle will be inserted here*

Finally, the battle was over. Wartortle and Bellsprout were almost fainted, but they had managed to pull it off. Bellsprout seemed worse for the wear, however, especially when it fainted. Hiro recalled his Pokémon and then got everything Nathan had to offer. Then he walked to the Pokémon Center, where he handed Nurse Joy his Pokémon and fell into a peaceful slumber.

End Day 5 Hiro

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    The battle was intense, that was sure. I wanted to make sure that was no longer dark and it seemed I wasn't. I got rid of the dark cloak I wore when I sat down at the campfire with Mijaan, Shelby, Nova, and Chris. Brock had joined us and took a seat beside me. I turned my head quickly as he retrieved a Pokeball from his pocket. Enlarging it, he put it in my hand and smiled.

"Glad to see you made the right decision," he whispered. He looked at the Pokeball quickly. "That's Venusaur. He's your Pokemon, remember? He wanted to prove to you that he was strong and it seemed it did a toll on you," I smiled and laughed. "His trust and courage cured you of the darkness."

I looked at Venusaur's polished Pokeball and sighed. I need to talk to him… I turned to Brock quickly. "Thanks Brock," I said warmly. "You did great in that battle." Brock nodded. "Now, if you excuse me," I began, "I have to talk to Venusaur privately."

After saying my farewells, I headed down the route and to a small river where I splashed some water in my face and stood up looking at the full moon that harbored in the sky. Throwing up Venusaur's Pokeball in the bright moonlight, I called his name, "Venusaur, please come out." After the instantaneous flash of white light, the angry and powerhouse Pokemon I've only known in my dreams appeared in front of me. He let out an angry, "Saur!" and lowered his flower, ready to fire a ready Solarbeam.

"Hey, hey," I said, raising my hands up, palms facing Venusaur. "It's me. It's really me," When Venusaur took his right position I let out a sigh of relief. I looked at my giant Pokemon quickly and took a step forward. Venusaur stepped back and my brows furrowed. I wasn't sure he knew it was the good me – he probably thought I was tricking him.

Sighing, I began, "Venusaur, I was a jerk. I knew what I did was wrong. I made you run and allowed my Pokemon to attack you when you needed me the most." Venusaur's brows furrowed and his face twitched. "I'm very sorry Venusaur," I said, tears forming in my eyes. "Can you forgive me?"

I just waited in silence for a few minutes. When a smile spread across Venusaur's face and he nodded, I smiled back, teeth gleaming. He walked forward and I threw my arms around his neck. Tears were falling down my cheeks and landed on Venusaur's olive green skin.

Suddenly, I felt something grip me around the waist and hoist me up. It was Venusaur's vines! He was lifting me up with ease and placed me on his shoulders and he said a happy, "Saur," before trotting off slowly with me on his back into the night. Look at us now – I found him, a baby Bulbasaur in Viridian City and now he's a strong, powerhouse Pokemon by the time we get to Mount Moon… This just made me smile and cry.

End of Day 5

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    (OoC: Sorry, this is going to be a short one, just doing a little filler to end the day :P)

Jake was excited after he won his battle, and the moon started to rise. It was around 9:00, and the moonlight shined brightly. Jake continued down the road, until he could see the bright city lights in the dark sky.

Finally, Viridian City. We got here with a lot of effort put in, a new Pokémon, and our first win. Now, the only thing that could make today better is if-

Jake's thought was cut off by what he was actually thinking: He was hoping the egg would hatch! He set it on the ground, and it started to shake and crack, until a little brown Pokémon appeared.

Jeez, finally a Pokémon I've actually seen before.

"Alright little Eevee, it seems like you finally hatched from your egg! Apparently that tight gripping during that battle gave you a lot of warmth and you hatched! Took long enough..."

"Vee!!" Eevee rang out happily.

Jake picked up the newly born in his arms, and hold it tight against his chest to keep it warm from the cool night air.

"Alright, so I need to give you a name as well. Since you made me so happy, how about Aether?"

"Vee Vee Eevee!!"

Clearly, Aether liked its new name. Jake and Aether continued down the path, until coming upon the Pokémon Center of the city. Jake casually walked in, and proceeded to the counter.

"Hello..." Jake said hesitantly.

"Hi, new trainer I presume? My name is Nurse Joy, and I will be here to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Now, what can I help you with?"

"Well, I would like the have my Pokémon healed, and this Eevee just hatched, so I just want to see what can be done." Jake said calmly.

"Understood. I'll heal your first two Pokémon, and I'll do some basic testing on your Eevee to test its health. After that, it can have a nice rest," Nurse Joy said with a smile. "Until then, here is a room key for you, it is absolutely free, and you can stay there for the night."

"Thank you Nurse Joy."

Jake proceeded down the hallway and into his room.

Tomorrow will be a new day with new challenges, I just know it.

END DAY 5

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back