• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Void [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Zephyris did another twirl in the air, making a sound that was like a cross between a purring glameow and a vibrava's quickly moving wings. The pokemon's pink goggles shone in the sun, turning her eyes into glowing orbs that moved about with Zephyris' elaborate air dances. Cyan, quite used to this behavior, was more peeved than anything else. Zephyris was attracting stares from the passerby, who went from busily hustling towards the Lilycove Gift Shop or something of the sort to being mesmerized by the green dragon pokemon. "Um, Zephy, I know you're glad to be out of your ball and all, but I really need to attract less attention here," Cyan murmured to her. With that, Cyan (rather rudely) shouldered his way through the ragtag group of onlookers, knowing Zephyris would follow. With one last, graceful loop for her audience, Zephyris followed Cyan towards the Cove Lily Hotel. He wanted to scorn her for disobeying, but Cyan couldn't help but let a small grin slip up onto his face at seeing how Zephyris had yet to stop her airborne acrobatics. A great gust of frozen coast air suddenly swept across Cyan's face, immediatly getting rid of his small grin. He had thought that Hoenn would be a lot more tropical, but Lilycove seemed to be the only city ignoring this rule. Once again, Cyan was reminded of how he wished he was in Jhoto. Instead, he was making his way towards the Cove Lily Hotel. The impressive building definately stood out, and Cyan couldn't help but question Lance's choice in accomadation. Surely their were places more discreet? However, he knew that Lance had his reasons, and he shouldn't be questioning the champion of Jhoto. Still, that proud dragon taimer was Cyan's least favorite of the champions, in team and personality. "Ugh, I'm sure it won't be that bad. After all, I'm sure Lance is an alright guy, and even if not, this is only buisness," Cyan muttered to himself. The Cove Lily Hotel was now very close, as Cyan had to lean his head back to see the roof of the impressive, gold and baby blue building. Deciding that pokemon of her size, as well as livelyness, wouldn't be tolerated in the building, Cyan returned Zephyris to her pokeball. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a small crowd of children, looking dejected, go off in another direction. If having a dragon told Cyan anything, it was that Lance must have a hard time getting away from public attention.

The doors to the Cove Lily Hotel were already opened, with two people in matching suits standing on either side of the entrance. Was this place rich or what? The place was completely spottless, and Cyan thought he saw a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. However, he wouldn't let himself get caught gawking at the building. After all, the hotel by Sunnyshore was much more impressive. Cyan looked around, hoping to find some clue as to where to go. The letter hadn't been very specific. If there was one thing Cyan hated, it was being early, and it seemed like, just maybe, he was. "Oh goodness, I do not want to be the first one here..." he said to himself, feeling nervous all of a sudden. To calm himself, Cyan released Blithe from her pokeball, deciding he could just wait for another trainer to come by. He could probably tell if they were also here to meet Lance. Blithe gave a high pitched chirp of delight and fluttered around Cyan's head, picking at his hair with her oars. "Oh, come on Blithe, don't make me regret letting you out," Cyan said to his pokemon. Blithe stopped flying around his head so quickly, but the little bug pokemon continued to chirp in delight. Cyan, distracted, only barely noticed some guy run up to the main reception desk. He thought nothing of it, until he overheard the man at the counter give the trainer directions to Conference Room D. "Alright, awesome, I'm not the first one here," Cyan muttered. Blithe gave a happy chirp of agreement, even though Cyan knew that she had no idea what he had just said. He slowly made his way to the conference room, taking in the sights of the posh looking hotel. It was certainly a change from a tent in the middle of the wilderness of Sinnoh. Giving a quick command for Blithe to be on her best behavior, Cyan slowly creaked open the door and edged his way into the room. There already seemed to be five trainers there, although Cyan had yet to see Lance. One was a girl in a long, dark coat with ragtag looking clothing. Something told Cyan that she might be trouble. Another was some guy who seemed to have stolen "Joseph's technicolor dream coat", and he seemed like he didn't want to be here. The other girl had an espeon around her neck like a scarf, and an outfit of predominately black. There was also the guy who Cyan had (sorta) followed to get here. He seemed to be under the impression that he was late, even though the full group hadn't even gathered yet. As for the last trainer, he happened to be Lance. Even though he had just noticed, Cyan wasn't really surprised. Ignoring the others for now, he decided to speak up. "Lance. I'm here."

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    ''Now I even have to wait...'' Andy Thought. ''And what are all these trainers doing here... I did not thought that there would be so much, maybe I have to fight them to fight lance.'' he sighted visible ''Such a drag.''

He grabbed a energy can out of his backpak and waited for the moment that they would start.

Some Guy barged in with a masquerain on his shoulder, He was checking every individual in the room, stopping his Eyes at lance.

Andy Sighted again, ''What a drag...'' he wispered.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • From what he could tell so far, it seemed that Lance might have his work cut out for him. Though their acts were impressive enough none of these young trainers radiated the sort of confidence and ability he was looking for. Of course, he knew better than to assume they were all harmless. It was always the ones that look incapable of training a Weedle that proved to be magnificent.

His eyes fell on the newest entrant. "So it seems," he answered. "We shall begin soon. After six people have arrived we will wait five more minutes. If no one comes in that time we'll go on without them."

He quelled the desire to shake his head when he sensed the utter disinterest of one of the boys. If he did not want to be here, why had he come? Obviously he would need to make sure they all understood the seriousness of their task, and the importance of a desire to succeed. This was an extremely dangerous mission. He did not know what had happen to his original scout in the Dark Void gym, but he feared it would happen again to others if they did not show a drive to come out on top.

Lance's distaste was visible, enough so to make Fyora quiver. The last thing she wanted was to anger him. His dragons were well trained, she knew, and could obliterate her team without even trying if she didn't keep her guard up. Not only that, but it would not do to displease the man that she hoped to learn from. Nervous, she took another sip of her coffee and discovered that she had finished it. She set it down in her lap and waited in stoic silence, slightly afraid to speak.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Erica pursed her lips. Fyora and her Sneasel seemed to have disappointed Lance, which was strange; Erica could tell they had a strong partnership, perhaps stronger even than her and Jasmine. Was that not a... good thing? Her espeon tended to clamber all over her, but Jasmine was still an obedient, loyal companion in battle.

The other trainers in this room certainly seemed to lack discipline; Lance was observing them all with a critical eye, and it was only a matter of time until that gaze fell on her. One boy seemed utterly bored with the situation - just a front, she was sure - whereas another claimed his pokemon had been misbehaving previously. No wonder these trainers hadn't claimed the championship yet. They were all unfinished, unpolished trainers. Being under the gaze of Lance would be good for them all. Erica longed to defeat the league, but she was no where near capable of it... yet. But she was tough, a lot tougher than Lance knew...

Jasmine had always been an expert at human emotional, so she slipped daintily off Erica's shoulder to sit perfectly by her trainer's feet. She could sense Lance wasn't taking her or her trainer seriously, and how Erica felt about this. It chimed through her psychic mind as clear as a bell.

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Checking out his would be opponents, Andy looked at the sneasel on the girls back who was holding her coat and was just hanging around there.
    Why doesnt she let it evolve, a sneasel is not that strong nor fast in his base evolution form. He wasnt that worried of the espeon next to the other girl, his Weavile would knock her senseless before she knew what hit her, he smiled by this thought.

But why do they all let there Pokemon out of there balls, thats not a way to let them respect you.
    when he looked up from the espeon he saw that she was gazing at him, maybe in she was in thoughts but he did not like it when people were observing him, it made him a bit
    nervous.

''Hé,''He said a little soft, trying not to atract attention from lance nor the other trainers. ''You with the espeon, why are you looking at me?'' he tried to look at her with a straight face but a little smile curled up on his lips. ''This is such a drag.'' He let out a little synical laugh.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • As he observed Lance realized they were all intimidated by him. Well, that was understandable, he supposed. He was a League Champion, and some of them had not even breached the Elite Four yet. But that was no excuse. It wasn't long ago that he had left home with nothing but a Charmander and a few dollars in his pocket. Though they didn't look like much he supposed he could stand to be at least a little more sympathetic. It seemed as though the young girl with the Sneasel was trying, as well as the Espeon's trainer. Fyora and Erica, he believed. And the rest had certainly come for some reason or another. They could have denied his invitation, but they did not. Surely that meant something.

...except for the young man named Andy. Lance could stand it if he was at least trying to disguise his disdain, but he made no attempt whatsoever. He couldn't quite understand what he mumbled to Erica, but he did catch the last bit; apparently, being here was such a drag.

He exhaled sharply, his temper ignited. It took extreme self control not to lash out immediately, but he was sure with time he could make the little heathen learn respect.

"I suppose we can begin now," he said aloud. "Anyone who misses part of the introduction can ask one of you for what they did not hear."

Lance rose from the chair to stand in the center of the room. His eyes swept over his audience as he formulated a speech.

"I have called you all here today for a singularly important cause," he said solemnly. "As a member of the League, my powers outside of my title as Champion are limited. Often individuals in my position have called upon younger and more free young trainers for assistance in matters they themselves cannot address. This is the case today."

He paused to allow his words to sink in. Then, he began again. "I now need your assistance with a matter that is crucial to the well being of the world we know today. I cannot as of yet explain it to you. I fear you would not understand. Though I know what I ask may sound strange, you must trust me. I would not ask you to do it if it were not important."

Lance crossed the room and retrieved the long coat he had entered the hotel in. "In my pockets are ten Pokeballs," he explained. "They either contain a Fighting type, or a Bug type. It does not matter to me which ball you choose. However, once you choose there is no going back. If you decide to accept the Pokemon, and therefore my task, you are instantly obligated to complete the Hoenn gym circuit. You must start at Roxanne's gym, and go on. When you reach the Lavaridge gym I shall give you further instructions and explain to you why you are doing this. I apologize that I have to be so vague, but until I know that I can trust you I shall not put myself, or you, at risk."

From within the coat he produced ten Pokeballs and set them in a row on the table with refreshments. Each had a different design on it, perhaps hinting at the Pokemon that rested within.

"If you are interested in this task form a line. You may choose your Pokemon in order."

His eyes fell on Andy, harsh grey.

"If you are not interested, you can leave now."

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • ((OOC: Sorry, I haven't posted, I've been busy. P.S, Merry Christmas everyone!))

The Cove Lily Hotel was one of Jade's frist sights when she arrived in the city. The building looked fancy and elegant- it seemed like a good place for this... meeting. As she walked up to it, Jade wondered why it had been given that name. The Cove Lily? Of Lilycove? How creative. Beside her, Rarity was slithering along with a look in her eyes that seemed to say 'hurry, we're late!' Jade knew that she was running a bit off schedule- it had taken much longer than expected for her to arrive in Lilycove. Increasing her pace, Jade stepped up to the Hotel and returned her dragonair before heading inside.

The man at the counter looked up when Jade walked in and immediately he was the person she wandered to. "Excuse me, I'm supposed to be going to a meeting of some sort at this hotel... it should be starting soon." The man seemed distant for a second, but just a second as he quickly recovered. "Oh, you will be looking for conference room D I believe... and uh... was that a dragonair you had just outside? My Mom once had a dragonair." Jade smiled. "Oh yes, her name is rarity. And thanks for the help, I'll be headed there right away." Wasting no time Jade power-walked into the elevator and headed up to the floor that the room was supposed to be located on.

After stepping off, Jade looked around and seeing that the right side was simply a dead end, left was her only choice. The trainer hurried down the hall looking side to side until finally she came to lettered conferance rooms. A, B, C, and there it was, conference room D. With only a moment's hesitation she walked up to the door.

"I suppose we can begin now," he said aloud. "Anyone who misses part of the introduction can ask one of you for what they did not hear."

Jade heard a voice that she assumed to be Lance's from inside. It was a relief that Jade had found the right one, but this meant that she was already a little bit late. Hastily, she pushed open the door and stepped inside, quietly apologizing for coming in after they had begun. Even more quietly she sat down and listened, not wanting to look like a total fool.

"I have called you all here today for a singularly important cause," he said solemnly. "As a member of the League, my powers outside of my title as Champion are limited. Often individuals in my position have called upon younger and more free young trainers for assistance in matters they themselves cannot address. This is the case today."

He paused to allow his words to sink in. Then, he began again. "I now need your assistance with a matter that is crucial to the well being of the world we know today. I cannot as of yet explain it to you. I fear you would not understand. Though I know what I ask may sound strange, you must trust me. I would not ask you to do it if it were not important."

Lance crossed the room and retrieved the long coat he had entered the hotel in. "In my pockets are ten Pokeballs," he explained. "They either contain a Fighting type, or a Bug type. It does not matter to me which ball you choose. However, once you choose there is no going back. If you decide to accept the Pokemon, and therefore my task, you are instantly obligated to complete the Hoenn gym circuit. You must start at Roxanne's gym, and go on. When you reach the Lavaridge gym I shall give you further instructions and explain to you why you are doing this. I apologize that I have to be so vague, but until I know that I can trust you I shall not put myself, or you, at risk."

From within the coat he produced ten Pokeballs and set them in a row on the table with refreshments. Each had a different design on it, perhaps hinting at the Pokemon that rested within.

"If you are interested in this task form a line. You may choose your Pokemon in order."

His eyes fell on Andy, harsh grey.

"If you are not interested, you can leave now."

Jade had listened intently, and she was interested in the subject completely. Eagerly, Jade stood up and moved to get in line, but then she stopped. "Lance sir? If you really want me to have one of those pokemon, I will take it. But, I already have a bug type-my volbeat prince, and I was thinking that perhaps I could leave you with one of those ten in case an eleventh trainer were to come. I-it's just a thought though; I will accept any pokemon you give me... I'll need time to visit a PC though... I have six with me."

Jade looked up at the proud man and wondered what his reaction would be. I guess maybe if I were to recieve a fighting type that may be a solution... I'll just have to wait and see.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ((OOC:Just finished boxing day sales. Here is my contribution and story:))

Anton's hair flicked about as the cool sea breeze swept across him. Being great friends with Wallace, the gym leader of Sootopolis, Anton managed to borrow a faithful Wailord off of him to take to Lillycove. He had approached Wallace after another defeated trainer stormed out of his gym and left, stating his purpose and reason for borrowing it.

"Wallace, I need a ride to Lillycove immediately, Lance has called upon me to stop that evil gym leader over on Mossdeep and since I have no Pokémon that can learn surf, can I please borrow one of yours?"

"Lance you say?" he asked.

"The Lance, Elite Four Champion of Jhoto/Kanto Lance." I confirmed.

"Take my Wailord, he knows the waters around here and will take you there faster than the others."

"Thank-you very much, Wallace"

"And you owe me one, man, you seriously owe me one." He reiterated.

"I always do, don't you worry."

He tossed the poke ball with Wailord at me and I caught it before it hit the floor and opened up. I checked it over and sure enough found the seal that marked the ball was the property of Wallace, a miniature sticker of his badge.

I exited the gym and went straight for the waters edge where I released the Wailord from his ball. The massive creature erupted from the balls in a enormous displacement of water, breeching loudly that drew unwanted attention from all over the city.

"Quite, I have just borrowed you from your trainer," I whispered to Wailord who gave an acknowledging breech, "I need to get to Lillycove as quick and as fast as possible." I finished before jumping onto his back.

He must have understood what I meant because the next minute we were heading for the exit from Mossdeep behind the gym, this was newly made so people did not have to dive every time they wanted to get in or out. I even contributed some of my Pokémon to help with the effort. When we appeared behind the gym I saw Wallace's figure standing at the window staring at me. I waved a friendly wave at him before I urged on Wailord and out we went.

Now we were free from the confines of Mossdeep and heading out from the mountain and into the wide sea. I watched as the mountain slowly shrunk from view, I started to feel a pain in my chest, I was leaving my home once again, who knows if I was ever to come back to it. I told myself again and again, I had cut off all ties to anything but my Pokémon, I cut off every thought of creating ties with things that were meaningless, Mossdeep was just a place to rest, nothing more than that. I was definitely not my home. I do not have a home, never did and never would. Then I turned my head back to where we were going, I could see the vague outline of the mainland from our position. It was a new future, a new adventure to go on; a time to see new things and soon the pain in my heart subsided and stopped altogether.

We had been surfing for ten minutes and the outline of the mainland had become clear enough to see some of the buildings that made up the city of Lillycove, most notably of course was the department store and its many levels. Then that was the last he saw of the mainland before thick mist obscured his view. "What the f…" he exclaimed out loud as his visibility became so obscure he could barely even see his hand stretched out in front of him. The cry of seagulls filled the air, their screeching and cawing loud enough to force Anton to his knees, holding his palms up to his ears to drown out their noise but it still penetrated into his skull. He could feel Wailord beneath him convulsing, it seemed that he didn't like it either. He dropped one arm down to his belt and plucked off a ball, trying to concentrate on getting the right one with all the noise in the air. He felt for the button and was close to opening it when a seagull swooped down and pecked his hand. He withdrew it quickly and replaced it back to his ear, feeling the cold blood slowly leak out of the wound and down his arm. Then it attacked again, Anton quickly rolled to the side, grabbing the things wing with his uninjured left and snapping its frail bird like bones. He heard it squawk in agony then hit the ocean with a soft splash.

Anton now stood at the ready, feet in a zenkutsu fighting stance, left foot forward and weight mostly on it. I closed my eyes and breathed, slow deep breaths and then switched to my hearing, closing my eyes and focussed on what I could hear and feel. Wailord continued steaming on ahead, hopefully in the right direction and the wind had died down. The birds were now squawking loudly and angrily above me, I had injured one of them and they would not stop until they had their revenge. I bit my lip in anticipation as I heard one of them change direction and angle towards me. I dropped to Wailord's back as it swooped directly at me then launched up off my hands, aiming an ushirogiri kick at the assailant, catching it in the stomach. I reached down to my belt once more and unlatched Bolt from my belt and released him atop Wailord. I heard Wailord groan under the extra weight he suddenly gained on his back and felt sorry of the creature.

"Bolt, Discharge, now!" I yelled and dropped to Wailord's back. Bolt charged up then sent all the conglomerated power flying in all directs, up and down. At the same time I co-ordinated a release of Mammoth beneath Bolt as he fired his discharge then returned him seconds later once Bolt had finished his attack. Bolts of electricity hit the water and dissipated and the rest that wasn't bounced off Mammoth fired off into the sky, scorching the seagulls. I heard a satisfying splash as over twenty Wingull and Pelliper fell into the ocean and the mist cleared to reveal Lillycove right before our very eyes.

I returned Bolt to his poke ball and heard Wailord moan a sigh of relief.

"That's a good boy; you have done very well today, have this berry and return to Wallace with my regards." I Jumped off of his back a few metres from the shore and swum to the shore as Wailord turned around, breached then dove into the depths of the sea where he would not be bothered by pesky seagulls.

I crawled ashore, my clothes soaked with salt water and my cuts burning from the salt. I released my two bodyguards, Bolt and Blaze from their balls and dried off by the heat radiated from Blaze. Once dry we headed inland and up the steps to the beautiful Lillycove City. He was disappointed, this town seamed as dreary as ever and he saw soaked to the bone. He took off his ski jacket and shirt that were wet and slung them over his bag, when he got to the hotel he would get them dry-cleaned by the staff. For now he walked around town with his shirt off, ripped chest and eagle tattoo getting wary glances and scowls from many of the residents. What did he care, they did not know him nor should he worry about what they will think, they are allowed their own opinion. If any of them were brave enough to criticize him he would kindly tell them where to shove it.

He found the Cove Lilly hotels quite easily although he had to follow a couple of trainers who he was sure were going there for the same reason. He entered the hotel and felt the warm air condition wash over his frozen skin, the seaside breeze had chilled him slightly but he had not noticed. He returned both Pokémon to his belt as he entered; he wasn't going to let any of these useless trainers work out his weaknesses. He walked up to the counter, chucking the wet shirt and jacket on the counter and asking for them to be washed, and returned to him in the room with Lance. He decided this was only going to be a brief meeting and it would take too long to get them dry-cleaned as well so he decided against it. He walked down the long hall past all the doors that he did not take notice of, focusing on the one that the trainer ahead of him had walked through. Lance was surely in this room and he was eager to hear what he had to say.

Anton entered the room and immediately saw that it was full of other trainers too. He did not bother to count them either; they were not worth noticing except the one who sat at the centre, Lance, the Champion he had beaten many years ago. He took a seat near the door so he could escape if things turned ugly and reclined in the chair, putting his feet on the table and looked straight into the eyes of the man he had challenged so long ago, their battle racing through his mind. This was going to be fun, very fun indeed and Anton relaxed, waiting for the man to begin speaking.
    AS Lance got up and spoke, Anton stopped reclining and put his elbows on his knees to listen to what he had to say.

When Lance finished speaking Anton gingerly raised his hand, "One question: Do we have to do the whole Hoenn circuit again?" Anton then leaned in close to see what Lance had to say.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • "Hey, you with the espeon..." Erica glanced to her side, where Andy was attempting to catch her attention. She wasn't going to start a fight just yet - but she was looking at him because he was an arrogant little prune! Inwardly, she was tutting. The girl took in his scarred face (he probably made it heal badly on purpose, to make himself look hard) and camoflaguded hoody and tried to gauge his personality. Erica hoped it was a lot better than it looked. "This is such a drag,' he muttered. The girl allowed herself a quick polite smile.

"Formal occassions often are," she whispered. She had been to plenty of boring league ceremonies (always recieved third place, of course, never first) and prize giving speeches, and knew they were annoyance that had to be trudged through. "Oh, look!"

Ten pokeballs were being presented to her. Each contained a bug or a fighting type. How interesting! She had been training Sylvia, her Venomoth, for a long time - but the pokemon was extremely strong, as she knew psychic, poison and flying-type moves. In fact, Sylvia didn't know any 'bug' attacks at all! Erica had always looked on those attacks with slight disdain. There had to be a reason Lance was giving them such a specific type of pokemon...

She'd take a fighting type, of course! What an obvious choice! She'd never trained one before; it'd be a challenge. She stepped forward, giving Lance an obedient nod. Jasmine trotted at her heel.

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
  • Avalon shrugged as Lance said they could let all their pokemon out of their pokeballs as long as they behaved and frankly he knew Cherrim and Chimecho may still be up for antics, but he though what the hey and took out all his pokeballs and released his pokemon into the room and they all appeared in front of him. "Now Cherrim and Chimecho, you'd best behave yourselves because the champion is here and we don't want to have you guys look untrained in his eyes, now just have some fun and some food but be pleasent and don't cause trouble or you go back in the pokeballs" explained Avalon.

Cherrim nodded at least it rersembled a nod and then she cast Sunny Day so that she could change into her other form as she prefers to meet others looking like a flower then a bud, so her and Chimecho were now floating about seeing the splendour of the room and the free food. While Flareon stuck near Avalon while Hydromence took to walking around the place and grrabbing food from the tables, Gliscor on the other hand was watching all the other pokemon to see if they'd be worth battling. Masquerain was flying above Avalon and making sure to keep very close to him because all the other people and pokemon in the room scared her, "Well I guess we'd best enjoy ourselves till we get the low down on all this" commented Avalon as he too headed towards the food table.

Soon things had picked up once again and Lance started vaguely explaining what he wanted of these trainers that he had called to this location and then said something about pokemon in pokeballs and someone else did what he was going too, and that was commenting on the fact of giving these things away and the fact he already had one "I'm with the girl cause I already have my Masquerain and she's very well trained and useful in battle so I don't really need this extra pokemon, and that's not to say I don't wanna help you because I do but I don't see the need to add to our pokemon count when I'm sure we've all assembled our top class teams" expressed Avalon.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • The varied reactions to his offering was definitely amusing.

"I understand that you have all carefully formulated your teams," he said. "But as a League official I declare that you may have a seventh team member if you will accept it. For the fight ahead of you, a Pokemon of either type will be highly beneficial to you.

"I do not require that you take one. However, I strongly suggest it, even if you already have a Fighting or Bug type. These Pokemon have been carefully raised and monitored since birth by the League's best breeders. They have been bred for naught but the highest statistics, and each know a move only possible through breeding. You may still deny it if you like, however."

The entrance of two new people caused him to raise an eyebrow. Punctual was not a word he would use to describe them.

"You do in fact need to take the circuit again," he went on. "I guarantee there is a good reason for it."

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
  • "I haven't heard of these pokemon before and my mother is a breeder for the Elite Fours of the regions but if you're allowing a seventh pokemon I guess I can go with it but I have a pokemon with breed only moves as well" expressed Avalon and Hydromence reacted and bounded over to his trainer and tried to look tough. "This Salamence here is a bred type as well but I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra company, as for taking the Hoenn challenge why not as last time I was here I didn't bother because I was just catching pokemon" added Avalon.

His pokemon huddled around him wondering which one he was going to chose because he did already have a bug type and hasn't had a fighting type for a while so they thought he'd likely go for that, though by looking at his pokemon at the moment you'd think they were disinterested in the whole affair since most of them had plates of food and were periodically eating from them as they stood around their trainer. "Well I'll guess a fighting type wouldn't be too bad since I already have my bug type settled, and I haven't had a fighter for a while but I hope to get a good one" commented Avalon as he picked up one of the balls with the fighting type symbols on it.

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Andy saw that Lance was looking at him when he said thtthe persons who were not interested should leave.
    He undertstanded his train of thought but was not affected by it when he finally figured out that they where not challanged to fight him.

He was annoyed by the Pokemon that were releashed from there balls, it interupted his peace and serenity in his mind.

''Lance, I will choose a pokemon and will let the others see that I'm capable of growing a pokemon till they reached there maximum limit of Power.'' He said with a slight nod at the Trainie with the Espeon who was just smiling at him.
    He does not know why she is smiling, or if she is Strong, but he would prove that he is a very strong Trainer were the others would show there respect to sooner or later.

This is such a drag, trying to get respect of people who dont even trust me or think I'm strong, there against me I know it, I know it, its a test ! He thought, making his hand into a fist.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • ((OOC: Hold on, guys. The balls have particular markings on them, as follows. To find out the stats of what you got, check the OOC thread. As you choose I shall post the Pokemon.))

"That will be fine," he answered. Each of the balls on the table had distinct markings, making them very different from the others.

Kball.png
    LBall.png
    Mball.png
    Makball.png
    Mankball.png
    PBall.png
    Pinball.png
    Rball.png
    ShinySball.png
    Shinytball.png

"Remember, these are very special Pokemon," he reiterated. "Take that into consideration when you train them. They are exceptionally well bred, but I must insist you treat them with kindness and empathy. Every blow they receive should cause you pain as well. Their triumphs are yours, as are the failures. So it should be with all of your Pokemon, but so I insist it shall be with these."

Now allowed to give her team time to stretch their legs, Fyora released Oliver, Moneve, and Theo in addition to Razor. The Meowth, Butterfree, and Staryu, respectively, were far more well mannered than Velveteen and Asterisk and could be trusted with the general population. Moneve landed on the carpet and twitched his antennae, while Oliver purred and rubbed against Fyora's legs. Theo, true to his species, stood motionless and expressionless.

With her team members out and satisfied Fyora perused the selection of balls. A few caught her eye, but she thought she would hang back and let someone else go first. Perhaps that was just an excuse for being nervous about getting anywhere near Lance, but she wasn't about to admit it.

Adhering to his nature Razor leapt off her shoulder and sniffed the ball on the far right. "Raze!" she hissed. "Get back here!"

He chattered defiantly, until he felt a pair of unimpressed eyes on him. He looked up to see Lance looking at him as though he thought he were the least well behaved Pokemon he had ever come across. Razor squeaked what may haveg been his version of an apology and crawled back to his mistress with his feathery tails between his legs.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Anton looked at Lance then at the balls he presented. They all had different markings on them, some Anton recongized right away and others that took him a while to get.

"I would like the third from right please," he spoke at lance, "The blue and black ball, the one that looks like a riolu."

He waited for Lance's reply at his choice, if his suspicions were correct then he would have a good addition to his team, the others, Synth particularly would love to see the addition of a new team member. although, with league rules he would have to take one out to compensate for the new arrival. he had grown so close to all of his team, Synth, Mammoth, Bolt, Blaze, Frost and Blade. hopefully they would welcome their new team member with enthusiasm.

He reached out and picked up the ball off the table, dripping water onto its smooth, glassy wood top. Once the ball was in his grasp he leaned back and sat in his chair, waiting for other trainers to make their picking. Many of then had let out their pokemon and on command by Lance they had to be well trained. Anton scoffed at some of these fools, they would let people see their pokemon, gouge out their weaknesses and exploit them, they were particularly inexperienced. Although on occasions Anton had let his pokemon free, he would not do it here where possiable rivals lurk, and on those occasions, there was next to nobody around. He reclined in his chair, sizing up everyone, he had info on all four hundred and nintey-three pokemon currnetly know, he knew their weakness and there were a couple in here with good teams, others well disgraced him. He wanted just to let one of his pokemon out to show these people a good trainer but fought against the urge.

He bowed his head and started looking at his bare chest, he was nearly dry, he just waited for his hair to dry then he would go get his shirt and jacketfrom the hotel clerk. Scratches criss-crossed his arms and chest, fights with other people aswell as fights with pokemon. he brought his left hand into view and surveyed the wound. The salt water had cleaned it out throughly and the blood coagulated. It would take a couple of days for it to fully heal.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Cyan was surprised to see that Lance was now offering the trainers here new pokemon, each one supposedly with a specially bred and trained pokemon within. However, what surprised Cyan most was the other trainer's reluctantness to accept the new pokemon. He, for one, was going to take one. After all, who would pass up a chance at extremely well bred pokemon? Cyan also noticed that each was of a type that had an edge against those of the dark type of pokemon. This was interesting, to say the least. However, Cyan could no longer ponder the matter, as Lance gained Cyan's complete attention when he made a comment that, although addressed to all, seemed aimed at one trainer in particular. He could see Lance attempting to hide his fury as he glared at the trainer who thought of being here as a "drag". Admittedly, Cyan hadn't been to keen too be here at first, but now he was interested. As the very air between Lance and the trainer seemed to spark, Cyan slowly walked backwards into the corner, once again sinking into though. Why would they require gym badges? Or, at least, the experience of facing lower gym leaders. Had they not all beaten the elite four? And, why were all these types good against dark? None of the early gyms were dark based... The most important question, though, was would he do it? Simply put: Yes. Cyan had been asked by a champion of the pokemon league to complete a task. Whether he wanted to or not didn't even matter, this was Cyan's duty. Besides, this seemed like it would be... fun? Surely, a mission of this magnitude couldn't be fun, could it? Cyan's thoughts were broke off, once again, as Lance, in a great sweeping motion, took off the clothe on top of one of the tables in the room. Underneath were ten pokeballs, each with a distinct pattern.

Guessing that he was the first one already settled on choosing a pokeball, Cyan hesitantly walked up. He didn't want to seem selfish, just rushing up and taking one of the pokeballs right away. However, it seemed like the others were not in any great hurry to pick one. "Um, Lance. I'd like to accept one of these, even though I already have six pokemon with me. I could deposit one in the pc if need be..." he said timidly, not feeling comfortable speeking up in front of all these strangers with a noticeable amount of words. As Cyan stepped up, he realized that the patterns on the balls were more than just that. A few he could point out as resembling pokemon. The first two in particular caught Cyan's attention. Surely- No, that would be too obvious... But, yes, they must be... Kricitot and ledyba, it seemed. "Lance, sir, I think I want the one second to the left. From my point of view, that is!" Cyan added hurridly at the end, raising his voice more than he would have liked to. Regaining his mild counterance, he continued. "Forgive my boldness, but this ball contains a ledyba, correct?"

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Lance was admittedly impressed by the speed with which the first two trainers identified their accepted Pokemon.

"Yes, to both of you," he answered with a faint smile. "As it is important that you become acquainted with your new team mate, you may release it here. You do not have to deposit any of your Pokemon into the PC system, as long as you only use six Pokemon per battle so as not to raise suspicion. I myself have eight Pokemon with me at all times."

To demonstrate, and perhaps to show off the slightest bit, he released his Dragonair, Altaria, and Charizard, all of whom stayed perfectly still by his side, awaiting instructions. "These three are my newest additions," he told them.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Kuli landed gracefully, showering everyone around in a light cloud of mist. Jaycee shook her head. "Kuli, That really wasn't nessecary. We probably just got a bunch of people wet. Next time, stir up a could of dust, it's much more like something that a ninja slash dragon team would do. Elegeance yet mystery. anyway, RETURN!" Jaycee held out her pokeball and allowed the beam of red light to absorb ther pokemon. She smiled before holding out another pokeball. "Go, Cora!"

The small pinkish blob landed on the ground directly in front of jaycee, and it began to reach out with its 'limbs', eager to be picked up. Jaycee sighed. In all of the time that she has known Cora, the ditto had not shown a single speck of maturity, unless it had taken on a form. Jaycee smiled slightly before saying. "Cora, transform into a gallade if you are up to it."

The blob shook its 'head' vigorously, sending specks of DNA enriched blob everywhere. All of Cora's mass imploded, focusing on a speck the size of a quarter. The blob sent out a large flash of light and landed on the ground as a gallade. Jaycee smiled. If this didn't impress Lance, nothing would.

Jaycee pulled on her ninja headband and held her dragon fang necklace, the reminders of the two cultures that she once lived with. She held cora's hand in her's, and walked into the cove lily hotel, with a smile on her face...That was wiped off instantly. The security guard pushed her down. "No pokemon allowed kid! That's the rules!" Jaycee stood up, growling. "Ninja technique 3, stomach pressure point." She lunged forward, and stuck two fingers directly into the man's soft belly. He let out a loud "oof!" Before he fell to the floor, doubled over in pain.

Jaycee walked up to the manager with a smile on her face. "Conference room four please."

Cora looked at Jaycee as they walked down the hall to the room labeled 'D'. <That was overkill don't you think? I mean, you could have just returned me...> Jaycee shook her head. "No. that would have solved absolutely nothing Cora. That guy was just trying to pick on me. There was no rule about pokemon, and he knew that. I did what was nessecary. Just think of it that way!" Cora frowned. <Yea, yea...>

Jaycee smiled as she walked, and she reached out to the door labeled 'D'. She turned the handle and stepped in, looking at her surroundings. Large room, lots of people...POKEBALLS! Jaycee ran up to the spheres and looked them over, and choosing from what was left, she grabbed the second from the right, the one that was purple and blue with black splotches. She looked up from it and saw Lance, which caused the smile on her face to fade instantly. She looked at Cora who was down behind her. "Umm Cora? Transform into a tailow and say hi to Lance would you?" Cora nodded, and once again she transformed, this time becoming a small bird. She flew up to Jaycee's shoulder and looked straight at Lance. Jaycee nodded. "Um.. H-hello Lance. S-sorry that I am late, I raan into quite a few trainers on the way here..." Jaycee looked down and grabbed her arm, shooting fleeting glances at the dragon trainer in front of her.

Meister

A leak has sprung !!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    ''Hmf.'' Andy stood up, and walking in a easy way up to the table with the Pokeballs, A girl with a scarfs and a Pokemon that could change his shape, she rushed in the room and just lunged at a Pokeball.
    ''A Ditto, how sad...''
    Lance glanced at him but then turned his gaze back to the girl that just came in.

Andy stood in front of the table, with his hands in his pockets.
    ''I choose this one,'' he grabbed the first ball from the left, The bleu one with the white topping. ''Hope its something strong or It would be such a drag.'' he said.

Actually he was very excited by the chance of a new Pokemon, and of the oppurtunities of 8 new badges to collect outside of Johto, His way to proof the world that he is a trainer to not forget.

''But, i dont have a cleu whats in it Lance, could you help me please sir?'' He asked, bowing his head in respect.

''What a drag...''

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Jade seemed surprised that Lance was allowing them six pokemon, but she was excited too. Eagerly, she looked over the pokeballs in front of her, and it took her quite a while to decide. The first one she could tell had a kricketot... and the second a ladyba, and so on. All of them were easy to figure out, except that one. It was a solid dusty brown without any other features and Jade was completely baffled and couldn't guess what could be in it.
    Pinball.png

"Lance, sir, I have decided to accept one of these pokemon. May I please have the one in the solid brown ball?"

((OOC: Dang, this post is sho-ort.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back