• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Void [PG-13]

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    I'm sorry, this is a misunderstanding, I missed your post declining my character, I'll work on him later tonight and repost then.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    X75flames: It'll do now, but you'll have to choose a different starter. Houndour has been taken.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    X75flames: It'll do now, but you'll have to choose a different starter. Houndour has been taken.
    Wait, keep me for Poochyena but we might switch. Thought I should let you know ahead of time.

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
    X75flames: You did, but he was accepted first, and he went back and changed it back to Houndour. In that case, though, you're accepted.

I'll go ahead and post my character on Lance's side. If we don't get more people under Esthin, I may play that side too.

Name: Fyora Roschel

Appearance: Fyora isn't all that tall. Though she stands at a mere five feet and three inches, she's more than satisfied with her small size and stature. Long, curly, mahogany hair does whatever it pleases if she does not take a few minutes a day to at least hairspray it. The problem with that is she rarely does, just as she often elects not to wear makeup. On most days she's content to be fairly messy-haired and go about with the light complexion she was born with. You can be sure if she does actually make some effort she's either quite happy or something out of the ordinary is going to occur that day. Her eyes can't be described with a single color, simply for the fact that they change hue as often as her moods change. In fact, her eyes change with her mood. After someone takes the time to get to know her, her eye color can be a good indicator of how she feels. Taking the cue from her older brother, whom she very much adores and looks up to, she has a lip ring situated to the right side of her bottom lip. Her pale skin and pointed features point to an eastern heritage.

As for her wardrobe, she's certainly not up to date with the latest fashions, nor would she like to be. Her favorite shoes are a pair of woebegone black-grey Converse, though they may have just been black at one time. Blue jeans are her friend. She often keeps her favorite pairs until they're too ripped to permissibly wear in public. Lackadaisical in her selection of shirts, she finds one she likes, buys it, and wears it until it no longer fits, or like her jeans, cannot be worn in public any longer. Due to the fact that her Sneasel likes to perch on her shoulders and is not careful where he digs his claws in, she often wears a long black coat of thin enough material so that it breathes, but thick enough that it keeps his claws out and if he gets aggravated and lets out a jet of cold air it won't be unbearable. On the inside of the jacket there are two pockets. One is filled with empty Pokeballs for use to catch wild Pokemon, and the other contains six balls with her team. The coat itself is of sentimental value from her, as it was given to her by her older brother Korbin when he grew too big to wear it. Though that was when she was just twelve it's still large on her and she has to roll the sleeves back to use her hands.

Personality: Having been raised with three brothers, Fyora isn't the most feminine girl. She much prefers comfort to being aesthetically pleasing, and is more likely to get along with males as friends than other females. Respect is not hard to earn from her, unless you already have it, then do something to lose it. If you are unable to win her respect you will be lucky to have merit placed on anything you say or think. Though she tries not to be unpleasantly cruel, Fyora has little tolerance for the flaws of others, and if the flaws are severe and obvious enough it is likely she'll lose control and say something about it. At the same time, she has flaws of her own. The line between arrogance and confidence is very thin in her world. She's generally quite confident in her own abilities, as well as those of her Pokemon. But if something happens to prove just how well she or they are doing she may grow overly confident, diving headfirst into situations she is unable to handle, and thus facing a blistering defeat that puts her back in her place. You would think she'd learn from it, but it's an endless cycle. As far as intellect goes, Fyora isn't stupid. While she's not a prodigy she tends to have a better grasp on things like language and art than most. Her excellence in those subjects is paid for by her incapacity to learn, comprehend, and remember mathematical formulas and methods.

History: Fyora was one of four children born to Artur and Delilah Roschel. She was the only girl, and as such grew up as most young boys would, having belching contests at dinner when her mother's back was turned and playing bloody knuckles. Only the youngest brother, Darin, would play games that involved physical pain with her, however. The elder two, Korbin and Esthin, always seemed afraid they would hurt her. Often, she iterated that was the point, to see who could stand it the longest, but they still refused.

For the first six years of her life, Fyora and her family lived in Violet City. Life there was unremarkable, with her mother working at the Pokemart, and her father an adviser for the gym leader Falkner. Being an ex-trainer himself, he gave the young leader tips on how to improve his strategy and which additions to his team he ought to make. After stepping in for Falkner on a day when he was sick, he remembered his passion for Pokemon, and decided to move to Blackthorn City and begin training under Clair. Fyora and her brothers all disliked the small town, but they tried to stomach it for their father, as they had never seen him so happy. Their mother opened her own shop where she sold remedies for the many problems that afflict humans and their Pokemon at as low a cost as she could; there was great money in working with Clair, so the family was in no danger of going under.

There, Fyora began her education. Korbin and Esthin had already begun school in Violet City, but had not finished. Therefore they were aghast to discover the attendance at Blackthorn Academy was so small, they were in the same class as their younger brother and sister. Fyora, on the other hand, was thrilled. She elected to sit next to Korbin, always having been closest to him, and thrived with his direction where the teacher's failed.

When she was ten, a trainer stopped at her mother's shop with a clutch of four eggs that one of his Pokemon, he did not say what species, had laid. He seemed reluctant to part with them, but said that there had been too many times on the Ice Path when he had been afraid he would drop them, resulting in them breaking, extinguishing the lives of the developing embryos. If that was any indication of how the trip down the mountain would be, he did not want to risk it. Sympathetic to the young man, Fyora's mother awarded she and her three brothers each with one of the eggs with instructions to be as careful with them as they would if it was their own child. Fyora took that more seriously than any of them. On that day she began to carry the egg with her everywhere. It stayed in her lap in school, despite the teacher's protests. It went to bed with her, on its own separate pillow next to her head to eliminate the risk of her rolling over on top of it. She rubbed it down once a day with a damp lukewarm cloth, and if she was parted with it for a moment she would be filled with anxiety until it was in her arms again.

Her careful parenting paid off two weeks after she was given the egg. During an english lecture at school the egg began to quake. It took Fyora a few moments to realize what was happening, but when she did she set it on her desk, steadying it with her hands on either side. As the noise coming from within the shell increased students and teacher alike became aware of the sound and no longer able to concentrate. Reluctantly, the teacher allowed them to watch the birth of the baby Pokemon.

Fyora refused to touch the egg besides making sure it did not roll too much, nor would she let anyone else, for her mother had warned her not to help the baby out of the egg, or else she might accidentally injure it. She took the words as law and remained still and silent, filled with anticipation. After several minutes a tiny crack appeared along the top of the egg. The room instantly became several degrees cooler, and many people began to shiver slightly. Fyora was not one of them; she had never had an aversion to cold. A paw forced its way out of the crack, followed by an ear. The force on the shell was enough to shatter it, leaving a tiny baby Sneasel where the egg had been.

Fyora had been thrilled beyond belief, seeing as Sneasel had always been her favorite Pokemon, and an ice type at that! Maybe someday she would be able to beat Clair, maybe even her father. Due to the circumstances, as well as the fact that the children would not have focused on the work anyway, the teacher dismissed her students twenty minutes early. She went home slowly and carefully with the fragile Sneasel in her arms, so as not to injure him. He blinked up at her with adoring eyes; since she had been the first thing he saw, he had determined that she was his birthgiver. His paws were small, but his claws stuck out awkwardly. Like a newborn kitten, he did not have the muscular capability to retract his dangerous weapons yet. As a result Fyora sustained many scratches from his young life, which turned to scars on her arms, lower legs, and abdomen.

From that point on they were inseparable, especially since her beloved brother Korbin went off to train his own hatched Sneasel, Helena. Esthin and Darin's Sneasel were born not long after. Esthin followed his brother's example and left, though Darin stayed home, being only nine years old. He dubbed his new female companion Icy, while Fyora named her own Razor, inspired by the many times he had accidentally caught her with his claws. The siblings and their Pokemon grew closer than ever, to the point that they were impossible to separate. They even decided t[ start training together as a team.

A Flygon came the morning Fyora and Darin were getting ready to leave to bring her a letter. Fyora was confused and unable to figure out who would want to write to her until she read it. She had never considered herself to be a particularly outstanding person. She just communicated well with Razor, and was the daughter of a celebrated gym leader. Did that truly set her apart? Whether she thought so or not, obviously Lance did. She had to think quite critically for several hours before she went downstairs and called her older brother for advice and guidance.

Korbin picked up. She told him Lance had written to her and asked her to join him in Hoenn. He congratulated her on being noticed by such a prestigious master. After some discussion they decided he would come home for a week to congratulate her properly and see her off, then head to New Bark that next Saturday.

Fyora went upstairs and made sure everything was packed. The following morning Korbin came home, where he was overjoyed to see Fyora and Darin, though he was bemused by the fact that Esthin was not there. No one had heard from him recently, besides learning he had been granted a gym leader's license in Hoenn. It was suggested that she go see him when she made her trip, to make sure he was alright. She agreed to it and readied herself for the start of her training.

Pokemon: Sneasel

Strikit

Years
    Aww, thank you Sephy. The entire Roschel family is my best developed character line. I've played all of them centrally besides Esthin himself, and I love them all.

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
    Impressive, I don't generally connect my characters and I often reuse names, but that's because of my trouble keeping track of things like those without simple and accessible refrences, I think I may do it some day though.

Strikit

Years
    I find that having an entire family, each with pasts of their own, helps develop characters.

LordSephy

Years
    Yes, now that I've seen how complex your characters are I understand that, I'm going to try that, and to really get into the RP'ing spirit, I think I will try to make an RP in a while, after I actually do any RPing, most of the RPs out here are already started or well on their way, the only new ones i could find that peaked my interest were Alter Ipse Amicus, and of course here, so I'm just waiting for them to start

Last edited:

LordSephy

Years
    I'm not complaining, besides, tommorrow at 9:06 PM that Wildcard spot shall be mine ^_^ but if Searn comes back I still love Scyther so, no complaints, I only wish Fera would get on long enough to let me know about my position on AIA and maybe join this RP too, thus making my time here more than just waiting for her to to said action or for the last few of Esthin's trainees to join, and having pleasant conversations with you, although that last part doesen't bore me one bit =P

We'll start as soon as we have more Dark people.

That reminds me, I have to friends that like two Roleplay online and like Pokemon, one of them is very good when she tries, and I haven't seen the other truly get into it so I don't know, would you like me to invite them here?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Name: Nox Noctis

Appearance: Nox commonly wears a dark grey tunic, often with a black robe or trench coat. He sports medium-long yellow-blonde hair, which makes his dark wardrobe all the more unusual. Nox stands about 1.8 meters tall and weighs approximately 75 kilograms.

Years of training with Ezio's Pride have tempered his body into a well-oiled machine, though two years of alcohol and lack of exercise has affected his physique, giving him a slightly bulkier body than he had in his teenage years.

Personality: Nox is very calm and cool, even when under severe pressure. Nox despises rash, quick thinking people, and prefers to think out a well-rounded plan before acting.

Though Nox prefers Dark Pokémon and trains in a Dark gym, this has not affected his attitude and Nox still remains a cheerful, jolly person. He also treats Pokemon respectfully and with honor, unlike many Dark trainers (meaning Team Rocket etc., not other trainers in Esthin's Gym).

Due to years of mental training, even though he had two years of weakness one's mind does not forget the teachings of meditation no matter how blurred by alcohol they are, Nox seems to not be affected by the dreadful feeling most people get upon entering the gym.

History: Nox's parents were killed when he was very young and was picked up by and occult group named Ezio's Pride, known for recruiting young delinquents and converting them into masters of peace and diplomacy. They taught him the ways of meditation, self-purity, and even self-defense.

Nox left the group when he was eighteen and set out, despite protests from his Master Ezio on a journey to find his luck as a trainer. After three years, Nox had eight badges and a team of powerful Pokémon (Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Noctowl, Cacturne, Manetric, and Sableye, in case you were wondering).

Nox was considering taking the Elite Four Challenge, when he got a call from his Master Ezio asking him to meet him at the EP headquarters. Nox met him, though was confused because he and his Master had not spoken in six years, and to his shock and disappointment Ezio officially disowned him as a Master and ejected him from Ezio's Pride.

Nox was devastated. His Pokémon all eventually left him due to being malnourished and dehydrated, he was banned from having Pokemon by the League due to mistreatment, and he wandered about Hoenn aimlessly until he met Esthin in Lilycove City while begging for change. Esthin saw Nox's past in his eyes and took him under his wing as a trainee in his gym.

Pokémon: Sableye, Male, Moves: Scratch, Foresight, Leer, Flatter
    RP Sample: See earlier post

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
    Cdubb399: Did you read the plot? "Esthin sent out...previously unallowed to have their own Pokemon..." Nox would not have the opportunity to have the Sableye until the beginning of the RP, first post. Pending until that change is made.

Back