• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darker than BLACK: La Ribellione dei Fiori OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
  • Before we start, I'm only going to accept people who've seen the anime and understand it. Also, keep in mind that spoilers for the first season exist below.

Plot
    They both appeared 10 years ago, Heaven's Gate in South America and Hell's Gate in Tokyo, Japan. These mysterious and chaotic areas of space plunged the world into a new era, unknown to those alive at the time. With the appearance of these gates came the creation of Contractors and Dolls, humans with strange, supernatural powers. While one, Hell's Gate, was sealed off by a giant wall to keep regular people away, a war was fought over Heaven's Gate and five years ago it disappeared, along with anything in a 1500km radius. Since then, much time and effort has gone into the study of Hell's Gate in order to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again. Or at least, that's what it seemed to look like on the outside. However, while Heaven's Gate and Hell's Gate are on opposite sides of the world, many things happen in the places in between, what with the existence of Contractors being kept secret along with the truths of the Gates.

But just because the public wasn't aware of their existence didn't mean that they didn't exist and it certainly didn't mean they weren't causing trouble. Contractors were in every nook and cranny of the world, their actions being monitored and disguised by various government agencies and the work of the organization of unknown ambitions known only as the Syndicate. However, many Contractors wanted nothing but to be recognized for their... unique talents, and an organization known as Evening Primrose, designated as EPR for short was formed under the leadership of a woman named Amber, a girl who served in the war for Heaven's Gate. While her goals seemed to be docile in terms of making the existence of Contractors known and gain special privileges, other branches of EPR in different parts of the world took the ideals in a new direction, some even pushing for genocide.

Our story begins in Venice, Italy, where gangs are prominent, the existence of Contractor's is anything but known, EPR has a base of operations, and the Syndicate's influence is strong.

Terminology - taken from Wiki
    Evening Primrose (EPR) (イブニングプリムローズ, Ibuningu Purimurōzu?)
    A powerful organization of Contractors led by Amber. Their stated goal is to reveal the existence of Contractors to the general public, and to promote their status as a new race/group of humans. Special rights and privileges for Contractors are also on their list of objectives.

Hell's Gate (地獄門(ヘルズ·ゲート), Heruzu Gēto?)
    A mysterious and chaotic area of space that appeared in Tokyo ten years before the start of the series. Its appearance led to the rise of Contractors and Dolls. A massive wall has been constructed around it to keep civilians – or anyone else, for that matter – from entering. Several countries, including Japan, are cautiously conducting research on the Hell's Gate, exemplified by a top-secret research facility built next to the Gate Wall.

Heaven's Gate (天国門(ヘヴンズ·ゲート), Hevunzu Gēto?)
    Another chaotic area of space that appeared in South America and disappeared five years before the beginning of the series, along with everything in a 1500 km radius around it. Its exact nature at this point is unknown in the series. Its appearance apparently started a large-scale war, one that Great Britain and Argentina participated in. It also seems that Amber, Havoc, Hei, and his sister Pai, were involved in the War and were adversely affected by the Heaven's Gate's sudden disappearance. The area where the gate was has become inaccessible. Interestingly enough, Heaven's Gate and Hell's Gate are located on opposite ends of the globe.

PANDORA (Physicalquantity Alternation Natural Deconstruction Organized Research Agency)
    A UN-operated research facility dedicated to studying the phenomena of Hell's Gate. Located on the edge of the gate within the walls, an international team of scientists examine the properties of the gate via manned and unmanned expeditions within. Paranormal phenomena akin to ghosts are not uncommon here, likely due to the lab's close proximity to the gate. Though run by the UN, it is not impervious to intelligence agencies; both the Syndicate and CIA have infiltrated almost every level of the research center. PANDORA has a heavily armed security force, consisting of armed soldiers possibly of various nationalities and armored vehicles, meant to protect its facilities and personnel.

Contractor (契約者, Keiyakusha?)
    Contractors are individuals who have gained superhuman powers due to the appearance of the Hell's Gate and Heaven's Gate. The existence of Contractors is kept a secret from the general public by most governments around the world, but they are well-known to the higher echelons of society and in the criminal underworld. Contractors possess two other traits that give them a rather sinister reputation: the need to perform remuneration, which is a bizarre, obsessive compulsive "payment" for the use of their powers, and a generally pragmatic, Machiavellian world view. This is described by the Contractors themselves as a lack of emotion in general, but not much evidence exists to verify this claim. Many Contractors exhibit at least some forms of emotion, including love, joy, guilt, and sorrow.

Later in the series it is explicitly revealed that Contractors are fully capable of experiencing emotions, but that those feelings do not play a prominent role in their thought processes. They are described as being totally rational, and totally amoral. The general rules seems to be that they feel no guilt, and they cannot form or retain social bonds. A normal Contractor cares, in essence, only about their own well-being, and everything is reduced to a cost/benefit analysis: Any other issues like laws, emotions, or the question of the sanctity of human life are irrelevant to them.

Doll (ドール, Dōru?)
    Emotionless "mediums" created to mimic the forms of humans. Dolls can form a variety of functions; the most commonly seen in the series is their use of observer spirits, which serve as reconnaissance. Dolls have different mediums through which they can send their observer spirits and must be in contact with this medium while observing; for example, Yin's medium is water, through which she can send her observer spirit anywhere else there is water. A Doll can also act as the perfect sleeper agent. It can be given the memories and personality of another person and assume a person's personality perfectly, mimicking all their habits, dreams, and feelings until the time is right. Interestingly enough, a Doll by the name of Shinoda Chiaki seemed to have some "life" of her own by saving Hei from being killed by another Contractor. This suggests that Dolls, like Chiaki, can go beyond their "set" characteristics and become something else. Other examples include when Huang discovers Yin crying, July expressing confidence in himself and November 11 as a team, and Sakurai, a doll stolen by the yakuza, smiling as she runs away with one of their own.

Moratorium (モラトリアム, Moratoriamu?)
    An intermediate between a Contractor and a Doll. Moratoria appear to be people with Contractor powers who do not require remuneration as part of their power. Unlike Contractors, they do not have control of their powers, shifting into a hypnotic state of unconsciousness as they use them. Moratoria also suffer from severe mental trauma as a result of their power. According to Mao, the chance of a Moratorium morphing into a Contractor is near zero, but possible.

Regressor (喪失者, Sōshitsusha?)
    A Contractor who loses their powers in exchange for a flicker of hope for a normal life. There are very few known Regressors, and the way one becomes a Regressor is also unknown.

Meteor Fragment (流星の欠片, Ryūsei no Kakera?)
    An object coveted by many intelligence agencies and organizations, and once held at PANDORA. It seems to be connected to the appearance of Hell's Gate, however, PANDORA does not believe that it is of much importance as they had already discovered a similar substance in South America before Heaven's Gate disappeared. Its appearance resembles a large lens, and when inside the Hell's Gate, it displays an as of yet unexplained synchrotron light. The Meteor Fragment was first stolen by Nick for the CIA. It was then stolen by Hei who infiltrated the PANDORA installation by orders from the Syndicate. It was then obtained by Amber, who holds it to this day. This object allows entities which do not exist (such as ghosts) to appear, and also allows entities which exist to disappear.

Contract Payment (契約対価, Keiyaku Taika?, also referred to as "Remuneration" or "Obeisance")
    True to their names, all Contractors must pay a price for using their powers, whether they wish to or not. Moreover, it seems that the amount of payment required is dependent on how much the Contractor uses his/her power. Although this payment can be delayed, especially in the midst of combat, it is ultimately unavoidable. Each Contractor has a unique remuneration, reflecting the chaotic nature of the Hell's Gate. Remunerations are typically difficult for the Contractor and range in severity from irritating to painful. However, there have been a few contractors who enjoy their remuneration and at least one who uses it in conjunction with his own ability.
    Known remunerations include

* Alteration of age, swiftly growing older or younger
    * Arranging pebbles in meticulously straight lines
    * Drinking various fluids, such as hot milk, beer, or the blood of children
    * Earmarking the pages of a book
    * Eating various foods, such as boiled eggs or flowers
    * Inability to lie
    * Intaking and regurgitating objects
    * Kissing someone
    * Placing the shoes of the victim upside down on the ground
    * Regaining human feelings for a brief time
    * Self-mutilation or injury, including dislocating fingers and wrist-slitting
    * Singing a song
    * Sleeping
    * Smoking
    * Writing poetry

It is also possible for a Contractor to fully pay off his Contract, but this is an incredibly rare feat, requiring a drastic and traumatic sacrifice. A good example of this is one of Hei's teammates, Mao. He paid off his Contract, but did so involuntarily at the cost of his body, forcing him to reside in the body of a cat.

Form

Basics
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:

Contractor Specifics
    Affiliation:
    Weapon:
    Power:
    Remuneration:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd been thinking of starting a Darker than Black-esque roleplay, looks like I've been beaten to it. Sounds like it'll be fun, I'm in.

Basics

Name: Vincent Cadero

Appearance: Vincent, or Vince, is a slim, but fit young man, standing about 5' 11. His black hair is often untidy with slight tendency to curve off to the left. He lacks any sign of facial hair, making him appear slightly younger than he is. His facial features are just slightly rounded, enough so that he doesn't look gaunt. His eyes are a dull green, reflected by the long coat he usually wears outdoors, no matter the temperature. Underneath the coat is often a lightly colored t-shirt worn with jeans. Interestingly enough, he is left handed.

Personality: Vincent avoids relations with others as much as possible, preferring to work alone rather than in conjunction with another. However, as he still attends university as a cover, classmates decribe him as easily intrigued and rather friendly. Despite being a contractor, he seems to have a slight soft spot towards the tears of another, though in dire situations he will ignore them for his own survival. Vincent seems to be most comfortable in a quiet environment, often the library when at the university, almost revelling in solitude. He enjoys paying the price for his powers, as he has found that the Tarot readings are always true in some fashion.

History: Abandoned after the emergence of his powers, Vincent had wandered the streets of Venice with nothing but a deck of Tarot cards he had been playing with just before the appearance of the Gates and whatever change he could make from empty cans and whatever else was lying around. After spending several years of scavenging he was found by an orphanage at the age of twelve. Over the next two years he kept his powers hidden while catching up on schooling, though he did use them every so often to make sure they were still there. Shortly after his fourteenth birthday, Vincent was found by EPR agents, and at first, he was glad to have a reason to put his abilities to work. However, after several years of killing others in order to live, he simply thinks of his powers as his only tool of survival. To this day, he lives toward an unknown purpose, even to himself, taking each day one at a time.

Contractor Specifics

Affiliation: EPR

Weapon(s): A bunch of small metal pipes stashed away in his coat and, if necessary, whatever metal is nearby.

Power: The ability to remold metal objects, often into various weapons, including, but not limited to: daggers, shortswords, thin spears, metal throwing darts, even makeshift guns (lacking the destructive force of gunpowder, but still relatively lethal), as well as defensive structures, such as a personal shield, (usually enveloping him entirely in an orb shaped barrier).

Remuneration: A reading with Tarot cards, the complexity of which depending on how many uses in a row of his power. A normal spread involving two cards for one, a triangle spread for two, a cross spread for three, etc. If the consecutive uses of his power exceeds the number eleven, he will do two readings, one with twelve cards, and another with two (or more).

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Yamagi Sosuke: If I look at your appearance section alone, I already find more errors than I can even begin to keep track of. Let me go back and forth and list some for you though.

1. The very first sentence is a fragment- not even for rhetorical effect, just... just a fragment that was probably supposed to be a complex sentence and just never made it there.
    2. In front of vowels, you need to put "an" instead of "a". You put "a athletic". No no.
    3. You need to put a space after all your commas, before beginning another word.
    4. Woman should be in the plural form, women.
    5. Don't capitalize words after commas, like what you did with "Which".

That's just the first five problems I see in your appearance section alone, and I'm not going to bother to list the rest. Let me tell you though, that the frequency of all these mistakes alone is enough to get you denied in most higher level roleplays. You've addressed all the basic bases though, and that's good. I'd only suggest adding a little more flair to your language after fixing your grammar. Not only will it make it look better, but it'll sound better.

On to his personality section and disregarding the ridiculous amounts of grammatical errors again, it's never a good idea to use the same word three times in two sentences. ("Cool" is showing up a little more than is necessary.)

Finally, your history doesn't say anything about when or how Aerus got to Venice. (And just a nitpicky thing, but how does the name Aerus come out of Shibuya? Well, whatever, not a big deal.)

Oh and um. I hope you weren't planning on carrying that katana around. Because I'm pretty sure there are rules banning the carrying of swords around. Since he's unaffiliated, I'm not sure how you were planning on working that out.

Kivros:
    Your appearance is extremely lackluster.
    Well you didn't mention anything about his skin color, so is he Caucasian, or perhaps Hispanic? I could assume either one, couldn't I? Also, why are his eyes reflected by his coat? That makes absolutely no sense. D:
    What color is the coat? Is it a trench coat? Is it double-breasted, or does it only have one row of buttons?

Jeans? What kind of jeans? Bell-bottoms, skinny jeans, boot-cut?

Oh, he's left-handed? Okay, that's interesting- but it doesn't go under appearance, sorry.

A rather friendly person who doesn't like to get involved with people and tries his best to avoid relations with other people. Hmmmm…… no I'm pretty sure that doesn't work out very well. Are you shooting for a Hei-type attitude? Because Hei has multiple personalities to explain his random switcheroos.
    Your personality section is pretty lacking as well. Does he get angry easily? Does he laugh or smile much? If not, is it because he has no sense of humor, or perhaps because he has a really weird or bizarre sense of humor? Is there anything he does that's particularly out of the norm, or mentionable? Perhaps he's a neat-freak? Or maybe he's extremely messy? Or you know, he could be in the middle. You need to mention these things.

Your history is too similar to Yamagi Sosuke's. Number one thing you should do when signing up- make sure your history isn't the same as someone else's. We don't want the same cookie cutter characters over and over and over again.

And by small metal pipes, about how big do you mean? You need to give length and diameter on these, especially if he's hiding them in his… coat. O_o;;

Okay! So that's the low-down on those two sign-ups.
    I'm just gonna throw this out right now, that as the sign-ups are now, you two are probably going to get declined.
    Just not the level we're looking for.

Last edited:

Kamotz

Chronicler
    Years
  • Was in the middle of posting a signup when I reread the beginning and saw you were only interested in signups by people who had seen the anime. I can't tell you how disappointed I am...It's a perfectly reasonable condition, but...damn! This looked good. Anyway, things being what they are, I'll just say "good luck" and hope that there are enough people for you to get this thing going. If you change your minds...ha, just kidding...sorta...but seriously...call me.

Anyway, 'scuse me for taking up thread space with the pretty much pointless post, but I was in the middle of posting regardless, so I figured what the hell.

Good luck guys.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Basics
    Name: Xue [Messier Code SD-034]
    Appearance:
    Mysterious in every sense of the word, Xue's appearance screams "troubling past" for a number of obvious reasons. The first: his hair. As white as snow, the young man's messy locks are of an unnatural hair colour, which usually tends to make him stand out in a crowd. One of his brilliant blue eyes, the right one, is covered by an irregularly large, red eye patch that wraps around his head and is tied at the back. The strings are too long, however, and dangle out behind his head.

Personality:
    The strong silent type, Xue often has nothing to add to conversations that don't regard the mission at hand or what they're going to eat for dinner. He tries not to have much of an opinion of anything, going out of his way to not do things like read the news or watch TV. He doesn't particularly like socializing, so he avoids obvious topics to get out of it when he's performing undercover work. While towards most people he acts cool, collective and complete uninterested, he shows a much warmer and talkative side to Hui and Mei since they're together most of the time. He's the self-designated cook of the trio, as Hui is awful at it and Mei is more or less incapable, and he makes a point to teach the two manners and the ways of the world, just like his older brother once tried to do for him, back when he was nothing but a spoiled little kid. In this way, he seems his team as something akin to a family.

He's a little different when it comes to the missions themselves, however, as his Contractor side shines through rather well. Xue cares very little for the lives he claims as long as his own hide is safe, although he does sometime doubt the Syndicate's reasoning for having these people ordered to death. He is very persistent in completing the tasks assigned, as even if he failed and survived, he would be disposed of anyways. Logically, doing what the Syndicate says made sense. He has only disobeyed the organization once - saving Hui from near death despite being ordered to remain on standby - and as punishment the group had him punished with a gunshot to the leg, and then forced him to do missions in that state even while it was healing. Because of this, he is kind of slow on his left side and has not disobeyed them since.

Xue has not once displayed anger or sadness to Hui and Mei, but happiness and regret are things he is known to experience. Since, even though he is a Contractor, a completely rational being, he still experiences such things if certain conditions are met.

History:
    Despite his Chinese background, Xue was actually raised in Tokyo, Japan. A member of the Chinese mafia known as Qing Long Tang, and stationed there since youth, he had been raised to be a boy who enjoyed fighting from the very beginning. He was raised rich as well, and there was nothing his family couldn't provide him with. This of course lead to the creation of a child whom was too high on his horse, an absolute nightmare to people he deemed lesser, even at the age of five. The only person he respected in any kind of way was his older brother, charged with taking care of the younger one. They were five years apart, so his older brother had much to teach Xue about being a member of the mafia, while in secret hatching a plan to overthrow the current leader of their group, for their father wanted to have rule over Qing Long Tang. Unfortunately, the night of the operation ended up being the night the two Gates appeared, the sky become nothing but a fabrication. Amidst it all, both Xue and his father became Contractors, his father becoming drunk on power and thus killing the eldest brother with a fatal sword wound. In an attempt to save his own life, Xue was forced to kill his own father by stabbing him with his own sword.

Bloody, crying, and unable to fulfill a remuneration due to the lack of Dolls at the time, Xue emerged from the Qing Long Tang building alive that day, only to promptly be picked up indirectly by the Syndicate, whom of which worked endlessly to identify his remuneration before it was too late. Their only clue was the only word that Xue could muster at the time out of shock. "Kiss". It referred to the kiss of a Doll, which they found out not a moment too soon. He was placed under rehabilitation for the next year, where the new Contractor tried to cope with what he had done, and what he could now do. Strangely, he felt nothing for the death of his father. In fact, killing him seemed like second nature now, but he couldn't just seem to wrap his whole head around it. After the rehabilitation, at age 11, Xue was assigned his new name and identity. He worked for the Syndicate if he liked it or not, and that's how things continued for the next little while until he met Hui, a small girl that was six years younger than himself. As a child, even she had been turned into a weapon for this group: something he found unforgivable. Contractors or not, it was just too much. He felt the same way for the various dolls he was given. Humans without souls, basically, they were treated like items.

As time passed, Xue became rather attached to Hui. While she was a contractor, she had a chance to experience most of her childhood as such and still learned much like a normal child would. She still had values, things she wanted to protect, and like him she had some sort of resentment towards the Syndicate that had them on a leash. While they had her employed, Xue had noticed that the Syndicate could really care less about Hui's humane personality, having placed her in many near-suicide missions over the course of their time together.

The last member of their team joined two years ago. Only a young girl in appearance, Mei was assigned to be the team's Doll after the other one faces death in a mission. Xue disliked his remuneration since it meant keeping the Doll near him, often placing it in mortal danger. It was for this reason that Mei's protection was placed as first priority in Xue's mind, her safety usually coming before that of the mission at hand. In a way, he enjoys the company of his teammates. Eventually, they were assigned to do work in Venice, and that brings us to today.

Contractor Specifics
    Affiliation: Syndicate
    Weapon: The young man carries a large sword that was passed down throughout the generations of his family. Despite the fact that it's a close combat weapon, Xue likes to use it as a medium for his Contractor abilities as well.

Power:
    The power of Xue is one that is both familiar and different at the same time. He has the ability to manipulate the vibration speed of sound waves in order to create various effects for his target. His sword is used as a medium in this, as by hitting it off different types of surfaces, he can create different types of sounds that he can manipulate differently. For example, he can manipulate the sound of hitting the sword off of metal to freeze up an enemy's brain waves and effectively leave them temporarily paralyzed, or hitting it off soft wood makes an enemy's vision blur over. When statuses like these have been inflicted, it's just a matter of finishing the enemy with his blade.

Remuneration:
    Xue's remuneration is highly dependent on the team's doll, Mei, for every time he uses his power, he's required to receive a kiss from a person in a doll-state. For this reason alone, he keeps the young girl nearby at all times, even bringing her along on infiltration missions that requires disguises. As his partner Hui has pointed out to him many times in the past, such a thing is more of a liability than a benefit, but there's no way around it as Xue needs to commit his remuneration immediately after the use of his powers. Hui tends to make fun of him for it, calling him a "loli-lover".

Basics
    Name: Hui [Messier Code HL-666]
    Appearance:
    In terms of general appearance, Hui would probably pass for a normal girl with no issues whatsoever. She is a pretty, young girl with long, overflowing, purple hair that falls down to the back of her knee, and big, bright turquoise eyes. Her frame is nothing but petite, as she's thin and relatively short as she stands around the height of about 5'4". Where she begins to differentiate from the appearance of an everyday girl is most certainly in her attire. Due to her remuneration for using her powers, she is forced to wear the costume of a witch almost constantly. Let's start with the hat. Yeah, the hat… Ridiculously large, Hui's witch hat rests snugly atop her head despite the fact that it fans out like ten inches in every direction. The top portion comes up, and then dangles over the back of the hat as the tip is decorated with one star ornament and several smaller ones. While the surface of the hat is an extremely dark purple colour, the inside layer is a bit lighter, making the colour more obvious. Also on the outside of the head ornament are a set of skull and crossbones that decorate the perimeter of the base, etched Xs going up the side. The hat forces the girl to tie her hair into two twintails with big, black bows. In the left side of her hair there is also a star-shaped hairpin.

The rest of her costume is pretty basic. It's a dress composed of the same dark purple material of the surface of her hat, the sleeves puffed out near the sleeves and bottom of the skirt portion with random rips and tears to give it an eerie, worn appearance, little yellow stars embedded in the sleeves. A white square cut into a star shape is also placed around her neck to form the collar, a big black bow in the center. The top part of the torso also protrudes out to act almost like a shoal, with the same torn appearance as the skirt and sleeves. The whole ensemble leaves a lot of leg shown because it's a costume from when she was a child. For footwear, a pair of small boots are worn in the same colour as the dress, a big yellow star present on the tongue of both.

Personality:
    A pacifist by nature, Hui tries to avoid useless bloodshed as much as she possibly can, even on her missions. If by chance she needs to kill, she'd much rather do it through a sneak attack rather than going all out with her power – which has far too many openings for its own good. As rational a thinker as the next Contractor, she is very choosy with her fights, often running away if her chances don't look good so that she can fight another day. She has been punished on many occasions for sticking her neck out to protect her teammates, since Contractors are supposed to be rational beings. However, as she states time and time again, protecting her friends is the most rational solution to her. Very resolute, she takes the punishments the Syndicate hands out to her with a smirk on her face. After all, they wouldn't kill her in even the worst case scenario; they relied on Contractors far too much. Her expertise is actually tailing targets, as her small body and light clothes make for a quick and quiet stalker. When she gets serious in battle though, she is a rather fierce opponent, known for turning the tables with her unpredictable ability.

What remains of her humanity is not hard to miss outside of missions, as she's a pretty bubbly and cheerful girl that enjoys doing things a regular girl does. Hui, if given her 3 days of remuneration, is known to attend school on and off in her spare time, and she has an interest in things most girls her age do, like clothes (even though she can rarely wear them) and little fashion accessories and trinkets that go in and out of style. Like most contractors, she still has a little bit of human in her, and unlike the majority, she has no problems displaying the fact. She would hang out with regular humans more often, but she has been told time and time again that her eyes seem "empty", which she doesn't like to hear and thus avoids fraternizing with regular people too extensively. She likes to tease people about silly things, such as teasing Xue about his remuneration.

History:
    Hui was born and raised in North America under her real name, Allison Marie Edmund, and was raised as a normal, regular girl for the first four years of her life. When she was four, however, Heaven's Gate and Hell's Gate appeared opposite each other on the Earth, and her Contractor powers awakened. It was sudden, unexpected, and due to her young age she could not control her powers, leading her to enter her Moratorium stage. At a lack of control, her orbital intensity amplified an insane amount, absolutely devastating her home and anything in a 50km range. She ultimately killed her parents along with countless others, before the unusual occurred and she entered a Contractor state from her Moratorium one – an extremely rare occurrence.

The girl, all alone, was taken into the Syndicate two years later at the age of six, where she was granted the new name of Hui and assigned to one of the various contractor teams. It was here she met Xue and they were placed on the same team operating in Europe. Over the next eight years she claimed many lives, even earning herself various unwanted titles from enemies of the syndicate. Her Messier Code was strange, as it included the numbers 666, so she was deemed "Satan's daughter" by most. Out of all the lives she had taken, only those of her own family left her disturbed, left her in remorse. But as she was told, Contractor's didn't experience emotions, so she locked her feelings away. It was only two years ago that she met Mei, a girl who would be acting as the replacement doll for Xue and her after their old one passed away. Having the girl with them made Hui anxious at first, as she was only a young child and Xue needed to keep her nearby at all times to complete his remuneration, but when she brought up her concerns she was punished, for she shouldn't need concern herself with something like a doll. In this way, she disagreed with the Syndicate's sense of beliefs.

Contractor Specifics
    Affiliation: Syndicate
    Weapon: Only for use in combination with her power or when her powers cannot be used, Hui carried a small box of silver knives that she keeps nestled in her sleeve using a strong Velcro adhesive.

Power:
    Hui's power is a strange one indeed. When she activates her ability, anything outside of a one foot radius around her gets caught in what seems to be a gravitational influx that causes objects to orbit around the girl. Generally, it's only small items, but at the risk of tiring herself out, she can catch heavier objects as well if she concentrates more. Also at will, she can expel objects from her orbit at incredible speeds, although it isn't very accurate and is best used with a barrage of items. She carries her box of knives so that she can throw them into her orbit if she lacks anything substantial to use as a weapon.

Remuneration:
    For her remuneration, Hui is forced to wear incredibly ridiculous outfits judged by she herself, and is unable to take the outfit off for at least three days after the use of her power. If she uses her powers again during those three days, the clock is reset and she has to start waiting three days from that point on. Her favorite ridiculous outfit to wear is an old Halloween costume to make her look like a witch. Due to the nature of her remuneration, Hui is not particularly useful for missions that require undercover work unless she's had three days of rest beforehand.

Basics
    Name: Mei
    Appearance:
    Despite being a Doll, Mei has the appearance of your everyday ten year old girl... although maybe a little better dressed. She has light brown hair that falls at shoulders length, a black bow decorating it. Her eyes, as wide and blue as the sky look dead, empty, as if her entire being was gone from her body. As a Doll, that particular trait was to be expected since they are nothing but husks of their former selves. Her tiny, thin body is decorated with a pretty white dress, lacey white armlets around her upper arm and small white ballet flats on her feet. She is almost always seen carrying a rose around with her, which is actually the medium she uses to send out observer spirits. Her spirits travel through flowers, and so that she can effectively keep track of her teammates, they all carry flowers on them somewhere, hidden from sight.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Worst sign-up I've ever written. Ever.

Basics

Name: Yu [Messier Code: VL-982]
    Appearance: x
    Personality Speaking in a very polite and respectful way is second-nature to Yu, and she finds it difficult to speak casually. However, her high-pitched, somewhat breathy girlish voice is usually lively and animated enough to negate her formality. With an extremely sugary personality that tends to cause people to gravitate towards her whenever they need to see a bright smile, or a pick-me-up, Yu loves talking to people about anything, and is always the first to try and cheer someone up- or give them a tight hug to show them everything will be okay. On this note, she's constantly on the go; she can be seen volunteering whenever she can, helping carry grocery bags or running errands if the chance pops up. She likes appearing like a stellar citizen. A normal human girl who isn't any different from everyone else. All she knows is that she has spent many years using this strange mask in order to prevent people from realizing that she is a contractor. Imitating the girls on television and her peers, Yu the contractor simply doesn't like her real personality, and feels that it will not help her succeed in society like the girls around her. On her own, Yu is a very quiet person, shy and hesitant, and stand-offish. She dislikes having her deep thoughts of contemplation disturbed, because the very presence of one person will cause her to flip-flop right back to the joyful, energetic Yu that everyone knows. Both Yu's are extremely sensitive however, and this is a result of the fact that they are both painfully aware that just about anyone they meet could disappear completely the next day. This is the main reason as to why Yu has formulated this positive personality- to live each day to the fullest before her life is reset. Reeling back her true emotions due to her contractor habits of being well-liked by as many people as possible often ends up leaving Yu with the fatal weakness of huge emotional outbursts at times, when her more human emotions begin to overflow without anything to put a stopper on them. One particular thing that will touch upon her locked up vault of emotions is the subject of her remuneration and her status as a contractor. It doesn't matter which personality Yu happens to be in- there will be an obvious shift in attitude to one of extreme discomfort, or perhaps bitter remorse, and if the subject is pursued too far, Yu can become extremely angry.

History: History? Yu doesn't really remember much about what happened to her. Her mind is filled with empty holes, and she knows that she's forgotten many people, and those people have taken big pieces of her life with them. Her grandparents, who played rather minor roles in her youth, are all but gone. In fact, she probably wouldn't even know she'd had grandparents if other people didn't mention theirs- and if her father didn't occasionally mention things that had happened while they were still alive. Her memory of her childhood consists of a handful of things that included only herself and her parents. Picnics, family outings, birthdays, and watching movies together at home. She has all but forgotten her elementary classmates, the teachers, and the people who were with her throughout her youth. It is a classroom full of empty faces that she sits in, smiling and laughing at something she doesn't remember, said by someone she can't recall. The past is a painful subject for Yu, who feels that she doesn't have one. That through her own powers, she has lost everything. Starting about fifth grade, she remembers enough to know that she was in an organization that promised to create a world where she would never have to forget anyone. A world where she would never have to use her powers for any reason at all. She remembers happily using her powers towards that end, forgetting her entire childhood before she came to her senses. It wouldn't be long before she didn't remember anyone at all. She no longer remembered her mother- the reason why Yu had even been able to join that organization. Her mother hadn't expected her home. The girl didn't even really know where home was. Her father lived in America. He had nothing to do with their family anymore. And Yu fled. She killed enough people to forget as much as she could about the organization, running only with a handful of memories that told her that she didn't need to live in a world where nobody would pressure her to use her ability. Only that she herself would resolve not to use her powers anymore. Not before she forgot more of the precious people she met each and everyday. Every meeting is predestined, some people say. And Annalisa wasn't about to unravel her delicate bonds with the world as easily as she had in the past.

Contractor Specifics
    Affliliation: None
    Weapon: None
    Power: Yu has the ability to kill people she makes eye contact with when her ability is activated. Upon making eye contact, the water molecules inside of her victim begin to heat up to unbearable temperatures before they burn to death from the inside out. However, she can plainly and safely make eye contact with others without harming them when her ability is not invoked.
    Remuneration: Every time Yu uses her powers, she forgets about someone she's met. The more she uses it consecutively, the more important to her the person she forgets will be. For example, upon killing two dozen people, she may forget who her own mother is. Upon killing only one person however, she might only forget a stranger she met on a train, or an acquaintance that she was never very close to.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back