• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Darkrai! Info on special event(in japan...)

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    After looking at the Japanese pokemon website, i have come to the conclusion that in Japan, people will go see the 10th movie in theaters, there will be a mystery gift machine that will give you darkrai. If this is old news, then excuse my slowness

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Does anyone know if this will work for the English version of the games?
    Yes, I'm implying that I'd be going to Japan to see the movie.

Chibaymega12

Years
    i'm sure it would work, i do tons of stuff with my jap pearl adn my eng pearl and it all works

its a machine that sends out a signal to your ds's, kinda like the wii does in PBR

the3rdhardyboy

trainer?
    Years
    lol i hope they do that for when it comes in english they have been releasing pokemon movies here with events well atleats i have heard but none for diamond (yet!)

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    I can't wait until they do an online mystery gift, that'll be awesome.

Chibaymega12

Years
    yeah, i think if someone could patch up an online mystery gift, that would be a great survice, and i think its a definate possibility

IMTHEONEKILLINU

DARKRAI for President!
    Years
    I don't know why they just don't do a mass online Mystery Gift of Darkrai the day the movie comes out period. Regardless of where it's coming out. It would eliminate the hacks and clones if they just sent it to everyone that unlocked the Mystery Gift. IMO of course, and I say this knowing that I have a hacked Darkrai, but I really want a Japanese version.

Chibaymega12

Years
    i'm not sure i agree or not, it would be perfectly fine and i'd love it if they did that, but that would kinda defeat the value of it

Years
    Because, if they sent Darkrai out through Wi-Fi, the the Pokémon would no longer be "rare" and anyone with a DS, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, and Wi-Fi would have the Legendary. I'm pretty sure that anyone with the first two is going to have Wi-Fi so most likely everyone would have the Pokémon. There's a reason why they make these events.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    not realy. there are over 2 million copys sold, but i'd say about 5000 use forums frequiently. that would mean a very small number of people would have mystrgy gift unlocked and know what to do with it on that day. it would lose soem rarity, but there would still be less darkrai then players

Roihu

In America
    Years
    Just my luck I have data for darkrai and I lost my Wi-Fi :'(
    I could have gotten one of those rare darkrais =/

Back