• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Darmanitan versus [Krookodile]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm glad to see Krookodile is winning. It has the far better design and has a better typing imo and is actually useful for a while whereas Darmanitan isn't as much.

ALSO IF YOU'VE VOTED AND HAVEN'T POSTED, PLEASE PLZ. THX. :3

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • WE NEED MORE VOTES FOR DARMANITAN!!!

Even though i played through with darmanitan only once and played through with krookadile over 10 times, i still love darmanitan more than krookadile

I mean LOOK AT THOSE EYEBROWS

Years
  • No way Aquarius, Krookodile FTW!

You gotta learn how awesome he is with his unique typing and his "like a boss" motif.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I loooove Darmanitan. The idea of a physical-based Fire type is just cool. Plus his unique ability if you get him in front of Relic Castle is really awesome!

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I enjoyed having both of them in my team, so my decision is based purely on their design. And I have to say that I really prefer Darmanitan's; I just really like the grin it has on it's face, and its awesome flaming eyebrows.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • No way Aquarius, Krookodile FTW!

You gotta learn how awesome he is with his unique typing and his "like a boss" motif.
    Not too mention he is super chill with his sunglasses. I can't see what is not to like about him he has all the qualities of awesomeness.

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
    Years
  • I used both when playing through Black/White, and Krookodile was easier to go through the game. Still takes forever to raise their weak pre-evos though

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • Krookodile is my choise..The first time i played White he was one of my powerhouses..

The name was not original lol Krookodile = Crocodile..

I hate Darmatian Zen mode..it annoys me.. and i find it pointless..

But this is just my opinion .

Falling Wishes

"We're in space. SPAAAAAACE."
    Years
  • I would have to say this is a tough choice, Krookodile's speed can't be beat! And Krookodile has the type advantage but Darmatian can learn fighting type moves so it would be difficult to defeat Darmatian if you can't faint it in one super effective move, But Anyways I would totally go for Krookodile <3

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    This is a tough one since I like the both of them. But I will just go with Krookodile because of its name.
    Krookodile = Crocodile, never thought of that.

Years
  • I used both during my recent replaythrough of Black. I liked them both. I used Darmanitan a lot early story, while Krookodile was MVP versus the Elite Four/N/Ghethsis.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Hard choice. I like to use both, as both Pokemon are great. however, I think Krookodile gets the winning point in terms of design. He is just so much badass.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nica, I think I can confirm that Krookodile wins by a landslide.

Yay for Ground/Dark crocs!

Ikr so appleasing! I'm glad it won though kinda expected that. Anyway unstickying - new poll will be up later. Lol.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Darmanitan, though I really dislike its design.
    But I prefer it, particularly because it was in my main team of my Black Version, and helped me a lot in my adventure. It's also my favourite fire-type of gen 5, for the same reason I guess.

Back