• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DASH hunters (pg14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
Cool beans. I was just about to ask that, actually. :]

Also, added a few random details to Hikaru's profile. :D

Last edited:

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Name: Kasai Hyotashi

Race: Human

Description: He has spiky green hair, yellow-green eyes, and as a decoration, wearing small but high-class glasses. He stands at 5'6, weighs lightly, all standing on a slim but surprisingly strong body. He wears a grey t-shirt, covering it with a black vest for some style. As for his legs, he wears a pair of plain brown shorts.

Personality: Kasai is your daily average calm guy, with a pure heart. He cares for the living and hates to kill, sometimes even DASHes. He can become really kind-hearted and caring friend once you get to know him. He loves getting himself into action and suspense, which is one of the reasons why he joined the DASH hunters group. As an eighteen year-old, he still has no romance love affairs with anyone. He spends more of his time learning about new things in life and solving various mysteries. If he were to get into an argument in any way, we wouldn't mind if he were to lose, for he just wanted to see everyone happy in the end.

Weapon: His two primary weapons are two guns. The first one is a magnum called "Gigashot", a gun created by his own dad. His other and most favored weapon is a unique type of gun that shot out pure plasma energy bullets; he called the gun, "EA-1". It was a gun that he created himself through extreme experiments.

Years of experience: None, he had joined just recently.

History: Volt was born on November 18th, 2040, and grew up happily and wealthy. His father was an engineer who later decided to create weaponry for the military for governmental purposes. His mother was a pharmacist who lied adept in the medical coding field. After Kasai had turned fifteen years-old, his parents decided it was time to let him live on his own house, giving Kasai the experience of independence. Currently, as a caring person, he decided to join the DASH hunters group to not only face some action and suspense in his life (which he loved), he also wanted to protect the people and especially the ones he really cared for.

RP Sample:

Kasai decided to take a break from cleaning his house and left the house. He finally gave out a happy smile, relieved from the stress and work he had just previously been through, "I think it's time I finally have some fun," he said in excitement. He walked through a street to make his way into the deep dark city a mile near where he currently was.

He made it into the vast city, heard nothing but the eerie silence that always lied within the city itself, "I wonder if the others would like to join me, us DASH hunters sure love to do our job," he quietly said to himself. He took out his cellular phone that lied in his left pocket of his shorts and attempted to call another DASH hunter. No one picked up his call and decided to give up, returning his phone into his left pocket, "I guess the others are either busy or they just started having fun without me…"

A crash was sounded off behind him and made him turn about instantly as a reaction. It was a DASH, appeared ready to face off against Kasai, "I guess I'll start with you then, bring it!" He took out and equipped one of his special-type weapon he had just recently created, his EA-1, a gun that shoots our bullets filled with pure plasma energy, "This will show you how powerful energy can be!"

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Nessstar3000, great! You are accepted!

Now, let's begin. Sign ups= Closed.

~~~~

It was pretty dark outside, about four in the morning. Volt stretched and yawned. He looked around the shuttle, it was pretty roomy, trained sized actually, and there where other DASH hunters like himself. He recognized most of them, but there seemed to be a couple of newbies. He smiled and crossed his arms. He had to stay alert, they would be in Nite soon enough.

"So.....DASH's have appeared in Nite. Hmm....I wonder what kind they are...I didn't have time to get briefed....geesh, they woke me up at two this morning, and here I am now....less than three hours later and I'm already hundreds of miles from my home....Nite must really need help....for the organization to gather all of us together like this...a hunter's life is a hard one." Volt looked up. The shuttle was full of DASH hunters with different faces. Tiredness, annoyance, nervousness...but like himself, most of the experienced hunters looked calm and ready.

"So....is anybody else ready for this mission? Nite is a big city, so I'm sure there will be a lot of different teams to scout the city...I'm excited." Volt smiled and looked around. There where a few people here he really wanted to work with again, but he decided he should help out one of the newbies when the time came. He relaxed and sat back into his seat. "Anyway, I just thought we should start talking...we'll be there in an hour maybe...So how's it goin' everybody? I noticed some new faces since the least time we all had to gather..."

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Raleigh had certainly not been pleased by being woken up before his alarm clock rang, but would of course, never show that he'd been in quite the unpleasant mood to the other DASH Hunters. Instead, just the second before he exited the door of his house to head for the very place he sat now, he had composed himself to become the haughty and proud person he always was. He'd brought along, as usual, a small black pocket book that held nothing but pictures and compact descriptions of differently shaped bullets. He'd been flipping lazily through this book for the past near three hours, until another DASH Hunter he recognized only by name, Volt, interuppted. Raleigh turned another page, stalling his response to Volt as he lightly examined the fresh page.

"I'm sure as DASH Hunters, we are always ready," Raleigh said, keeping the answers short, and far from sweet, "And..." Raleigh made a face and looked up, as if he didn't know how to word, 'hows it goin' in anything proper, before shaking his head and turning the page yet again, "I'm quite fine thank you."

He offered no smile in response to Volt's, and made no mention to the newcomers. He hardly considered himself one, and he hardly believed that talking was nesseccary, as a silence had easily sustained him for the past three hours. Why should he suddenly yearn for conversation? Regardless, he certainly didn't, and thus, made the most minimal responses, and contributed very little to helping the conversation move along. Though Volt was two years his senior as a DASH Hunter, and three years his senior in age, Raleigh could hardly find it in him to treat the man with the respect he normally gave his superiors. In all truth, Raleigh could hardly consider Volt his superior in general. This, of course, he kept under wraps, seeing as disaccord amongst himself and the other Hunters would surely be the key to their failure, and failure was absolutely untolerated for Raleigh.

But it would be a lie to say that Raleigh was not interested in the extent of the new hunters' abilities, and thus, he kept his ears on the conversation while he kept his eyes on the book.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Volt closed his eyes and smiled awkwardly. He assumed Raleigh didn't like him very much. "Sorry, It's just the way I talk." Volt exclaimed quietly. "What can I say....I don't make a very good impression as a DASH hunter...I just want everyone to feel at ease...oh well." He looked up again, only to find Raleigh already disinterested and reading a book of sorts. "Oh well..." He sighed under his breath.

The shuttle was moving fast. As the train sped up the darker it got outside. Volt's face remained unchanged as he gazed out the window. It was beginning to rain. As they grew closer to Nite, the rain continued. "A dark night full of rain....pretty good hunting weather..." He said to himself. He then turned back to the others.

"So...how many solo hunts have you newcomers been on since you joined? I'm just asking because I want to get an idea why the Organization needed this many hunters..."

Volt crossed his arms and sat back in his chair. He figured he could relax a bit, and just chat with the others. He closed his eyes and smiled as he nodded his head a bit, relaxing, yet still fully alert. "We can only relax like this for so long...before we have to go hunting..."

Last edited:
Years
Aiyana walked up to the two while overhearing Volt. "I've been fighting DASH's on my own for a long time," Aiyana told the man while revealing her clawed arm. "I've been doing pretty good and ended up getting an ability the DASH's gave me. I'm going to use all my strength to avenge my parents." She covered her arm back up and sat near Volt. "My arm was badly injured by one and over the next few days in the hospital, it healed and reformed itself to what I'd just shown you. I've been training with swords and adapting myself to use this arm to my advantage to fight the DASH's." She looked out the window and watched the train pass the stars in the sky. "We need to be ready at any time to fight the DASH's, so I'll be clearing up my swords for the time being until they're blood-free. I'll see you both later." She walked out until she was out of sight and jumped out to the top of the train. "Father, if you're up there, give me your strength.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Raleigh raised an eyebrow when Volt referred to exactly what Raleigh had been thinking about, "I said nothing about your manner of speech." He said bluntly, before turning back to his book. Whether he'd implied it, or said it... Raleigh knew these were different things. Implications, when brought up, could be mistaken for accusations. While Raleigh knew this was no accusation from Volt, Raleigh chose to think it of one, and turned back to his book.

But he was once again, quickly interuppted when another girl walked up and gave her life story, along with show-and-tell, all wrapped into one, before she walked away as quickly as she'd come.

It was all Raleigh could do, not to roll his eyes.

"Wonderful." Raleigh muttered in response to her story, though he was quite sure that she was out of earshot, "I'm so glad I asked." Came the sarcastic comment, as he closed his book, positive that he'd get no such reading in with his present company.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Kasai got up from his chair, unable to hold in himself socially any longer, "This is actually my very first DASH mission, so I guess you guys could consider me the true newbie here," he said, slightly filled with embarrassment. He decided to sit back down onto his chair and spend more of his time to review his general key strategies for the mission. He was always a careful guy when he needed to be careful, "So... let's get this straight... no rushing to a DASH, pure recklessness... just wait for another DASH hunter to rush if necessary..." he thought to himself very throughly. He finally got into the point where he was not lost in thought, but...

"Hey... that guy..." he mentally pointed out toward Raleigh, now clearly noticed his existence. He took noticed of his actions, hoped that he would not be noticed by Raleigh from doing so, "That guy is pretty weird and different from anyone I have seen in this world," he said to himself in his own mind.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
(OOC: I misread Mizuki, I thought Raleigh said that out loud...oops!)

IC: Volt scratched his head. "Sorry..." He said to Raleigh. "I'll leave you to your book." He walked off and heard a kid anwsering his question, saying this was his first mission. He laughed and walked up to the kid. "This is your very first mission?" He asked, putting his hand out for a handshake. "I'm Volt. Nice to meet you." Volt nodded his head and remembered how nice his superiors were when he was a rookie. He felt he should treat rookies the same.

"When we get to Nite, you should stick with me. Nite is a big city, so you'll get a pretty good feel for DASH hunting, as I assume the city is full of them..."

Suddenly, a silent beep was heard, followed by a female voice. "We are 30 minutes away from Nite. All DASH hunters please make your final preparations. You will be assigned your duties as soon as we arrive." The voice stopped, and was soon followed by another soft beep.

Volt winced his eyes and grinned. "Alright...looks like Nite is really gonna need our help...they usually give us a briefing before we are assigned duties....sigh. And it's this kids first mission..." He sighed and stretched a bit. He was eager to get to Nite.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Kasai clearly heard the announcement and said afterwards, "It seems like we're almost there, I'm already prepared myself so I should worry onto the field of preparations." He looked a Volt, noticed his eagerness, "So you wouldn't mind having a newbie following you around when we get to Nite? I mean, if you truly don't like the idea then it's fine... I actually prefer to be alone for awhile, but seeming that you want to help me out and gain some experience of being a DASH hunter, then I really thank you for the help." He said with a smile.

Kasai waited on the same chair until they were to be release to the city of Nite. He looked around at the other DASH hunters, all seem to be ready to go on the mission, "I really hope I don't mess up in anyway on my first mission, it wouldn't feel nice, that's for sure..." he thought to himself, gained a slight uneasy feeling in him.

Years
Aiyana jumped back down onto the train after the announcement and walked up to Kasai. "Hi. I'm Aiyana, and there is something you'll need to remember if you are only minutes away from fighting DASH's: ALWAYS keep your weapons readied for battle," She told the rookie. "I'm a new DASH hunter too, but I have much experience fighting them. I'll stick with Volt and you for a while until I can get used to the missions. I guess you'll need to get used to them too," she said smiling. She walked over to the window to watch the train enter the DASH-infested city. "This may be harder than I thought, having to work with others. I did just fine on my own and I became a DASH hunter to put an end to their rampage. I'll end this, even if it costs me my life. She stepped away from the window and felt a strange pain in her right arm. She fell to the floor in pain, grabbing her arm as they neared Nite.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Volt jumped down when he witnessed Aiyana fall. "Woah! Are you ok?" He stared as she clutched her arm. "Injury? Eh...you can hunt with me as well." He smiled and put his hand out to help her up. "We all had to start somewhere." He then turned his head and looked at Kasai. "It's no problem, you can stick with me if you want. It's pretty hectic when you actually get out there."

The beep sounded again. "15 minutes until we arrive at Nite." The female voice said, followed by the same beep. Volt looked back down at Aiyana. "Does your arm feel any better? It'll be hard to hunt if you're in that state..." He looked at her swords. "Especially if you fight with blades...."

Years
"It's not an injury," Aiyana started to explain, still in pain, "it's just something I consider as an indicator to know I'm nearing a large number of DASH's. The pain will recede once they're within my line of vision," she finished while letting up her grip on her arm. "I'll be fine to fight. I've had this happen before and I've studied it. It attacks my nervous system directly and strengthens me for some reason. I'll be okay once we fall into battle." She stands up and lets go of her arm completely to walk to the nearest spot to support her and hangs on to it until they reach Nite. "The pain is already letting up as well, so we're very close to a few DASH's.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Raleigh pocketed his book and extracted one of his two revolvers, checking to make sure that he'd put in a fresh round of bullets before double checking the safety. He had a habit of twirling his gun or tossing it around, so a safety was a must for him, lest he waste a bullet by accidentally shooting someone. His bullets weren't for pedestrians, they were for DASH's. Because DASH's were the most exciting quarry Raleigh had encountered for quite some time, the next each more grotesque then the next. Raleigh glanced at the newbie who'd introduced himself as Kasai. Regardless, still in the midst of preparing both of his revolvers, he only gave the new comer a quick nod to show that Raleigh had indeed heard him.

"Well if it goes away when you see a DASH, I hope for all of our sakes we see one immediately when we get off. Otherwise you'll be a cripple for awhile, if the amount of DASH's in Nite is the amount I've heard it is." Raleigh said, spewing perhaps the most words he'd spoken for the entire trip in one sentence as he spun the revolvers around his index finger, catching it with every revolution before letting it go again. He didn't want a hindrance like that girl's arm on this mission. It would be distracting. And so now, ahead of time, he decided that he'd let the others deal with her handicap. He would ignore it as long as he could manage himself. Fifteen minutes...

Raleigh pressed the trigger of his gun, not surprised when it didn't go off due to the safety, and pressed it again and again as he waited for landing. The faster this was over, the better. Raleigh was missing his Amontillado, and the longer he had to go without it, the more agitated he would be. He was sure that him being agitated would only make things worse with his already, and thankfully, sour relationships with the other Hunters.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
OOC: WOW my class ran late and i got so behind here O.O

Takashi had remained his usual quiet self, observing the confrontations of the other hunters and mentally analyzing the relationships and how they would play a part out on the battle field. He sat twirling one of his throwing knives in his hand slowly as he watched the new hunters through narrow eyes. The situation was as usual, others conversing while he merely analyzed what was said. He of course knew Volt and Raleigh the best since they had been there since his arrival. His cautious nature had him always holding 2 specialized daggers within his coat, just in case of of an unseen betrayal by the strange girl Aiyana. He had trouble trusting the not fully human even though she had been fighting DASH's much longer than him. The new hunters reminded him of himself in the early years, with their foolish eager emotions. As odd as Aiyana was, Takashi trusted her sense of when DASH were near. He slipped his throwing knife into his coat and stepped forward through the group, ready to depart. He gently stroked the handle of his long dagger in preparation for the train's landing. He walked passed Raleigh towards the train door and leaned waiting. After working with Raleigh for so many years he knew that the constant clicking of the trigger meant he was ready to leave, but Takashi's constantly calculating brain let slip a small thought.

"Your trigger... its 2/10 of a second slower than normal. It would raise mission efficiency by 1.2% if it were at its optimum performance. I can fix it when we return." Takashi said quietly in Raleigh's direction. "From the looks of the others they have formed their team, so it appears we're going to be working together, Raleigh. If that's a problem we can go our separate ways."

He immediately returned to fiddling with his knives again, scanning for any imperfections in their status triggers. There was no need to be social right now, it was a time for focus, all this idle banter was just sweet talk before risking your life. No need at all.

Last edited:

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
Volt gave a nod to Takashi when he walked near them. He then stood up and looked at Aiyana. "Just glad to know you're not injured...yet." He said with a slight laugh. He then trailed off towards the exit and stood near it. He checked to see if he was fully prepared. First he grabbed his left side, feeling his sub machine gun, and then grabbing his right, feeling his magnum. "It's all here." He said quietly to himself.

The soft beep sounded again. "We are in Nite. All hunters prepare to exit the shuttle." The female voice said, followed by the beep. The shuttle then stopped and the exit opened. Volt smiled and walked out, as he was already standing near the exit.

When he exited, Volt was truly amazed at the size of Nite. He has seen pictures before, but it was huge in person.It had skyscrapers, big roads, and a bunch of different types of stores. It was also empty. Volt examined a little more, and then he looked over, seeing Theodore Smith standing next to the shuttle. Theodore was a high ranking official, he had gray hair, wore a black suit, and was in his late forties.

"He must be giving us assignments." Volt thought as he walked up and saluted Theodore. "Good day, Mr.Smith."

Theodore tilted his head and then let out a stern grunt. "Enough formalities Volt. I've known you since you're hunters exam." He said while shaking Volt's hand.

"So....what's the plan for this?" Volt asked.

"You Hunters will be split into squads. It's a big city, and the DASH number is so high, solo hunts just won't cut it." Theodore told him.

"I figured." Volt said while crossing his arms and looking around.

"That's enough for now though. Once you're all out here, I'll give the teams there assignments." Theodore said as he checked his watch. Volt stood at alert and waited for the other DASH hunters to gather.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
"Something tells me that I should really stay away that weird guy... he's actually starting to scare me a bit..." Kasai quietly and cautiously thought to himself, attempted to not make any noticable physical behavior of his new fear of Raleigh.

Kasai heard the announcement and instantly made his way to the exit, "Looks like we're here... Nite... my very first DASH hunter mission," he said, turned very serious of the matter. He left and took a look at the vast city, amazed fromt the view he was experiencing, "Nite is huge... this will either make the mission easy or hard, depending on the situation anyway," he said to himself out loud. He turned his head and saw Volt with another man talking to him. Kasai walked over to the two to join in the conversation, "So this is Nite city... what exactly happen to the city that made it so empty? I assume for the most part would be in fault of the DASHes, but it seems like there is much more of a reason than just that alone," he questioned the two and starred at the parts of the city that lied behind the two.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Raleigh glanced at Takashi, annoyed.

"Thank you, Takashi." Raleigh said stiffly, "I assure you that it's unesseccary for you to fix it, but I will take your analyzation into strict consideration." He proceeded to replace his gun from Takashi's sight, saying in an officially unfriendly tone, "And I have no qualms with the team arrangements."

However, if he decided to point out every insignificant malfunction and percentage presented before him, Raleigh might just blow the 2/10's slower trigger right on him. Of course, not really. But it would surely lower the mission success rate even greater if Raleigh was irritated, instead of focused. Standing up the second the voice announced they had arrived in Nite, Raleigh said nothing to anyone, looked at no one, and pulled on a pair of black gloves that were neatly tailored to his hands. Unimpressed was Raleigh when the gruff man, though high ranked, refused formalities. Taking this incentive, Raleigh did not greet him, as preference was never something that should interfere on the field, but since he'd allowed it, Raleigh did just the same. To keep his butt out of trouble however, Raleigh gave the official a quick salute, before bringing his hand back to his side in the blink of an eye.

Exceedingly disappointed by the idea that solo hunts would not suffice for this mission, Raleigh forced himself to decide between those he'd met on the shuttle.

Well. Volt was bearable, but certainly not Raleigh's preference. The Drama-Life-Story girl... Raleigh would surely pull the trigger of his King Colt Revolver on himself if he was stuck with her and her only. He wondered how large these 'groups' would be at this point. The newcomer would most likely be bearable as well. But inexperienced Hunters seemed to never get along well with Raleigh. Takashi was also an option that wouldn't make Raleigh die before a DASH, but he was too analytical, and not very graceful with his words.

What an unfortunate mission he was assigned to. Raleigh resisted the urge to slap his forehead in dread. Surely it would be over sooner, rather then later.

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2009
((Too lazy to read the majority of the posts... Yay for after-school&wrestling lethargy. :]))

Hikaru, who had been sleeping up intil three minutes ago, yawned. Last thing he remembered was getting on the train. Must of fallen asleep, he thought absentmindedly. Then he noticed a strand of dried saliva on his chin. Yeah...

After quickly licking his thumb and wiping the drool off his chin, Hikaru glanced at Raleigh. He seemed... not very enthusiastic. Then he noticed Takashi. A few wires of thought connected in his head as he recalled the analysist's remark about Raleigh's gun. He didn't seem to be very happy about anyone else, either. Oh well, he thought, exiting the shuttle.

After saluting the official, Hikaru pulled out his katana. "So... What's the squad plan, then?" he asked, twirling his katana in a semi circle and tightening his grip on it, the blade pointing away from him.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Takashi replaced his last throwing dagger back beneath his trench coat. They were all working fine, as usual. He stepped through the open train doors, following Volt to talk with the elder man outside. Takashi cranked his head up to see the skyscrapers thinly outlined with moonlight. The whole city seemed damp and made him feel uneasy, the air thick with morning moisture. He stopped behind Volt.

"Mr. Smith." Takashi said audibly while nodding to acknowledge Smith's presence. Takashi immediately tuned out any other conversation unrelated to the mission. His mind wandered as his eyes darted around the open area for any unconformity in the scenery that could mean an ambush of any sort. Takashi scolded himself mentally.

"The DASH aren't that smart, stop it." he thought to himself. He looked around and watched the other hunters leave the train car. As he waited he was slowly losing his rationale and getting the urge to kill DASH, no doubt an inner fight lust left from his gang days. Takashi was definitely ready to begin the mission, the odds were high that he would appear to be with Raleigh for this particular mission. Despite knowing Raleigh since the day Takashi trained, no amount of acquaintance with him can make the experience with him pleasant. And if the teams were groups of 3... no doubt a newbie hunter would only aid in frustrating Raleigh more. On top of all that, Takashi was tired... very tired...

"Throw quick, throw accurate, move fast, make them pay for every opening the leave. This is going to be one hell of a night..." Takashi said to himself out loud as he looked up to the moon through thin eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back