• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dash's Adventure XP

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
  • [agelimit]11+ Some Mild Swearing and Very Mild Sexual References[/agelimit]
    Dash's Adventure XP

about:
    Dash's Adventure XP is basically a remake of my first ever game, also the two unfinished sequels that followed it.
    It is split into Episodes 1, 2 and 3, Episode 1 has 3 chapters, the other two episodes don't have this (I didn't use the Chapter Formation in DA2&3.)

Story:
    Episode One:
    Chapter One:
    The Queen of Don Miguel Town was recently Captured and Murdered, the King thinks that this was suicide but Dash and Jon disagree, they set off to find out what the hell has actually been going on, they will uncover an epic secret that will lead them on the rest of their adventures.
    Chapter 2 and 3 Unrevealed.

Episode 2:
    Dash and Jon set off back to Don Miguel Town to inform the new King of that has happened, the new King however, is a bit wrong in the head. He sends them to Jail for no real reason. [If I reveal any more it will give away the Episode 3 Storyline and you can't have that yet ;D]

Episode 3:
    Will not be revealed until Episode 1 & 2 are out.

Screenshots:

The Circular Menu system.
    Dash's Adventure XP

The Sneaking Mini-Game:
    Dash's Adventure XP

Dash discovers that he has the power to talk to Animals:
    Dash's Adventure XP

Jon offering to give you the entrance fee to a Training School if you capture all the rats around Don Miguel Town.
    Dash's Adventure XP

The Stat Distribution system.

Dash's Adventure XP

FAQ:
    Don Miguel Town looks like the town in Don's Adventures!
    And so it should! The world that I made in the original games was based around the world that Don Miguel created in his game that came with RPG Maker 2000.

Ah, so does that mean that we will be re-visiting some of the areas that Don created?
    Yes, although there will be quite a few changes to them.

You are always nagging me about Custom Graphics! So where are yours?
    To be honest, I have no plans to get any. I love the RMXP RTP graphics, any ones that I do get will have to look like them.

That's not an excuse!

My game. My rules.

Will each character have an individual Stat Pool for the Stat Distribution system?

Absolutely!

A game about yourself? That's pretty vain..
    Oh come on! Who here can HONESTLY say that their first game didn't involve them in some way. Besides, Dash isn't Me. He's my alter ego.

Credits:
    Zakkaya
    (I'm not quite sure who made the Circular Menu system, I found the download for it on a website with no credit attached.)
    Synthesize
    Moghunter

Demo:
    Dash's Adventure XP

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I love the sneaking mini game. Sounds fun. How will the episodic games come out? As seperate releases? Or as "upgrades" or "Add-ons" to the first download?

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
    Years
  • Cool game Dash, its original :)
    Can i give my opinion? I think you should get the menu icons more close...But thats ok! Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Oh come on! Who here can HONESTLY say that their first game didn't involve them in some way.

*Raises hand*

Looks good Dash, It's good to see you're going with RTP style, especially
    since you're remaking some don miguel areas. I would have picked 2k(3) as a maker though, feels a lil' bit more classic ;)
    I'll be sure to play this one day, good job!

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • So would I have but I need to get into the flow of XP, I've never really used it seriously before. Also Dash's Adventure 3 WAS made in 2003 so.. Yeah xD. I have some screenshots of DA3 lying around if anyone wants to see them.

EDIT: Sorry for the bad quality, blame MSN Live Spaces for compressing them, these are some screenshots I dug out of my old computer a little while ago.
    Dash's Adventure XP

Dash's Adventure XP

Dash's Adventure XP

Dash's Adventure XP

Dash's Adventure XP

Dash's Adventure XP

As you can probably tell from the screen shots Noobs play a big part in the future episodes of Dash's Adventure (Especially in 3.) And yes, they are depicted as giant hamsters.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Looks good Dash. I see you also brought back Marcus (For people who have not played the RPG Maker 2000 demo, Marcus is the cat). Anyway, are you going to plan on making a custom battle system if you learn how to in RGSS?

The Dash said:
    Oh come on! Who here can HONESTLY say that their first game didn't involve them in some way.

I can. My first game invovled various characters from Final Fantasy I-V.

Back