• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dating apps/websites?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    I've used the vast majority of them, with OKC being preferred. I don't use any currently and don't really think I'd ever use any again, but if you're on the fence then go for it!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Never have, never will. I'm not the type of person who would chat with strangers unless I want to. That's rarely, if ever, these days. Dating strangers is also a literal no, so. No thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm probably going to hop on dating apps once a vaccine is out and the pandemic is settled a little more. Meeting new people working from home involves doing things like randomly going to bars (might end up doing that a couple times depending) and clubs (not likely gonna be doing that) and maybe being introduced by friends (unlikely), but I just moved and my friend circle is of 2-3 people.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Dating sites are.. Weird. I get all awkward. Definitely prefer meeting someone in a more casual setting. That's why meeting people on forums work. You naturally get to talking with others who share interests. It's not based on the physical appearance of a person and there's no pressure of having chemistry with a complete stranger.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah I have, I think they're fun. Best one I ever used was called Skout, but I don't think it exists anymore/became something else

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Not for me tbh, I feel like they would do nothing for my self esteem :femme:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Never used them. The only thing what I do - is reading related articles etc. "How to impress the girl", "What to do atthe first date".
    I prefer live conversationg and datings.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've tried several different things, mostly just for fun since I don't intend to meet half the people I see on any of them. I've had one relationship from a dating site, and it lasted about as long as you'd expect something born from a glorified yes/no questionnaire would be. Recently it's just like a habit... check in on mobile games, flip through insta, pop open tinder/okc/bumble/meetme and swipe indiscriminately until it tells me to pay them and then close it. I don't actually put any stock into the matches I get on them anymore, since there's a lot of crossover and people ruining their accounts (especially on tinder) before making new ones. I've matched with the same person on tinder on seven different occasions in the past three years.

Years
  • As a gay man, I've used them a fair bit. Mostly the apps, but when I was younger I tried OK Cupid and some of the more gay oriented dating sites and while they definately have their downsides, like the catfish, the trolls, and the people who are there just to "entertain" themselves they certainly serve a purpose.

I'm quite a shy person, and once I graduated university I started to enjoy clubbing and drinking less and less. Since the vast majority of queer spaces revolve around drinking I don't think I'd have had the opportunity to meet the partners I've had, including my current partner of 6+ years, if it weren't for dating apps.

Back