• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dating Sites/Apps?

Years
    Dating sites would be good if they're location based, to meet people from your local area, it could be risky though, meeting freaks who will rape you and murder you. I can't say I've ever met anyone who's liked me in "real life" or locally, so as desperate as I am those things don't appeal to me.

Yeah, one of the reasons why I don't use dating sites D: Anyone online, to be honest, I would be hesitant in meeting in person unless I've known them for years. Never mind someone from an online dating site/app \:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I use apps like Jack'd to meet new people, never to hook up or for a relationship though. At least nothing that I'll admit here. :)

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Why do you say you wouldn't use a dating site? What's wrong with them?

I'm not looking for dates like the people there. I'd rather be friends with someone first, and if something more happens between me & that person as time goes by, so be it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I'm not looking for dates like the people there. I'd rather be friends with someone first, and if something more happens between me & that person as time goes by, so be it.
    Not everyone on dating sites/applications are looking for dating right off the bat! And most times, a "date" is just getting to know people and being friends until/if something more develops. 8)

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Not everyone on dating sites/applications are looking for dating right off the bat! And most times, a "date" is just getting to know people and being friends until/if something more develops. 8)

Yes, there are some exceptions, but they mainly go on dating sites to find a date, eventually. They'll make friends with people first, of course (and they'll stay as such if nothing more happens between them). At least, that's how I see it. :p I guess dating sites ain't my thing.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
    Never used them personally. I dunno, I just feel like meeting someone from a site like that would be very awkward, unless I was specifically looking for a one night stand or something.

I have some friends who have used sites like that, though, with varying degrees of success. To each their own.

Years
    Been derping around on Tinder for a few days. Why is nearly everyone white? =(

Not you too D: I was curious about those dating apps once, but I would have probably treated everything, and everyone like a joke because I'd use it for entertainment, not to actually meet someone...

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Never used a dating site/app per se.. but I did meet Boyfriend on Craigslist of all places, by accident to boot.
    I was selling a thing, he bought that thing, and now you couldn't pry us apart with a crowbar. Funny how things work.

Never thought very highly of them myself, though not for the 'usual' reasons. To me, it's not much worse than dating the people you've met irl. I mean, as far as you should be concerned, every stranger you meet has a 50/50 shot of being a decent person or a sadist. How you met them, in itself, shouldn't make you any more or less comfortable with them.
    I just dislike them because personal reasons/disabilities. I need a pretty specific kind of person to be in my life in that way, and there's just too much crap to bother repeating to several strangers every day. Too many possible triggers. Too many inconveniences. Just not worth it to me.

Back