• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dating

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
    are you currently dating? how's it going? want advice? have advice? share it all here. let's hear it, the good, the bad, the ugly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i've "dated" once. i mean, one person. now we're married :D:D:D:D:D

before that, i have had several joyfriends, some for years and some that i lived with. but we always sort of ended up together very organically - friends of friends etc. there was never really any dating involved in the strict sense of the word. maybe that's why i never stuck with anyone in the end?? until i actually legit dated-dated lmaooo. took it slow and respectfully and all. or maybe my spouse is just literally the best person. :)

also PC is a dating app, didn't you know

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'm probably too much of a romantic who believes in "true love" and not in something that sounds like an over-glorified job application (dating apps, aka scams that make money only by keeping you single).

I'm not enough of a human being capable of having friends let alone someone close to me. I'm also too much of a train wreck. So even if I were in a relationship, it would never last long. xD

Years
    Huh I tried but being trans closeted means no luck because basically you don't exist. This didn't stop me from trying to talk to people and use dating apps (almost everything at some point). Found out very few people use those in Italy being interested in people like me, so I have always had few or no matches. Eventually found people in Italy to talk to, but they all went missing at some point. I m not too sad for this tbh, because I still met very cool people thanks to dating apps and some long distance friends.
    On the other hand, it's also me having unstable moments in which I am looking for a relationship or other moments in which I am extremely happy of being single. It's weird, kinda.
    Yeah btw the whole dating thing is for me really just looking for a long relationship, that's also a point that males it harder for some people. However, I am glad I never crossed the line to meet irl because deep inside I think I am definitely not ready yet and I am really bad at conversations irl. But, tbh, I would really love to find someone lol

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Nope.

And unless you give me a lot of space and don't take up my free time, I don't want to date. I'm also afraid of being in a relationship similar to my parents that's abusive because I have mood swings and paranoia.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    No, I'm currently not dating, at least not at the moment. I feel like I want to focus more on my employment and education at the moment. However, if someone special comes along and sweeps me off my feet, that would be great!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Well, I did date one girl but she cheated on me with my best friend. I'm currently not dating anyone but I am working on my self and my business. I have high hopes that my social media platform I am creating becomes a hit.

I wish you all a great day and a great 2023. God bless you all <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I dated a bit before university, and dated once in university. That one person whom I dated in university became my wife and we re happily married now! The dating life can be fun, but stressful. In high school I had one serious relationship that last for a year and half. With my wife we dated for about two and half years and then got married.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Being married definitely seems ideal. There are times that I do imagine myself with a loving spouse, but I don't understand how it could happen. I don't know what it takes to get married.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I'm currently not dating at the moment. I'd like to finally graduate from college, get a stable job and get my mental health sorted out first - ergo, take care of myself so I can be the best partner possible.

Mind you, I do also find the concept of a dating scene kind of... exclusively American? I know that dating apps have changed things a lot, but in my country, the concept of dating as in the US still hasn't caught on. I'm kind of glad, because I want to spare myself the frustration of deliberately looking for a partner and not finding one. They say that the more desperate you are, the more mistakes you make - and I've already learned that the hard way through desperation-driven "friendships." Better learn to enjoy being on my own, and healthy companionship will take care of itself.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I've been online-dating for almost four years now, and in all that time we still have yet to officially meet due to COVID and now other things getting in the way. But we make it work! "Dating" to us is playing video games, watching videos, streaming, music nights, messing around on Hyperbeam.com etc. <3

As for real-life dating, I've never done that before, but I think it'd be lovely with someone you're already comfortable with!

Years
    I'm kind of done with dating. At least for the foreseeable future. I have too many personal issues and stressors to deal with and that tends to result in unhealthy situations no matter how much people care about each other. I'm not the sort to be interested in anything casual either.

Frankly though... I've never been that interested in dating or anything to begin with. I have to find someone pretty damn cool to even consider it and I'm definitely not interested in dating apps or starting something with the intention of it becoming romantic. It's got to be organic or there's no chance in hell.

I'm pretty okay being "on my own." You don't need romance to have great people in your life who you care about and who care about you in turn.

Years
    I've only dated twice: once, a girl in college, and that didn't last very long; and once again, with the girl to whom I'm now engaged. She and I are still having plenty of date nights, so I'm very positive about dating as a whole, but then, I'm lucky to have found someone. I wouldn't envy the prospect of trying to find someone in 2023, using online apps and so on...

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Never went on a date. What would the point be? Desires none of the goals of dating. Amounts to effort without reward.

Back