• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

David Lee Moth

Years
  • I don't know how this keeps happening but moths keep getting into my room and bashing into stuff while I'm trying to sleep. It's distracting but I spent like 2 hours trying to catch the first one a few nights ago. We bonded over it and I named him Behemoth because he was pretty big comparatively.
    The second one I named David Lee Moth, and now I'm trying to catch the third. The name I haven't decided.

Does anyone else do this? I mean not necessarily with moths but like inanimate objects as well.
    At work I named all the equipment and now refer to them by their human name instead of their actual name.

Also suggestions for third moth name too pls.

pkmin3033

We give spiders we find in the house names. The last one was a massive wolf spider which we called George, who lived in the bathroom and occasionally came out at night to make sure we were fully awake when we got up at 4am or so to answer the call of nature...it worked. There's nothing quite like a spider sitting in front of the loo to wake you up. Well, perhaps a mouse, but mice a bit more elusive and not quite so common. Unfortunately, George met a rather tragic end when he decided to climb onto mother's towel. She found out about it before she got out of the shower, but she still shrieked the house down.

Most of my electronics have names, too...although I tend to give them elaborate names. xD

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Damn, the above two posters have already given good names haha.

You'd be surprised. I've named all the pillows and bolsters as well as my blankets. There's Fluffy the pillow, Huggy the pillow, Rubby the pillow, Fatty the bolster, Flatty the bolster, Warmy the blanket and Blanky the tiny blanket from my days as a baby. :v

Yeah, my naming sense is terrible.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Nope, I never nickname inanimate objects. I find it weird to do so.
    And I'd only name an animal if it belonged to me. Insects, I just kill.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Of course! Though, I don't name insects, but more or less inanimate objects. I named my PS Vita Velveeta for some reason. I used to name a lot of my everyday things, but I just can't find very good creative names for them anymore. D: Oh! My iPhone's name is Rainbow Dash, My iPod nano's name is Joltik because it's small and yellow. I also named my iPad Izaya. XD

Years
  • Hah, you guys are cute. I decided I liked Mothra the best, (trying to stray from obvious Pokepuns).
    This is related. I named my car Cutie, because the number plate has QT at the start.

Years
  • My left hand's name is Leftie, my right toe is Rightie, my right hand is Rightie Two, and my left toe is Robert

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I definitely do this from time to time. My car is named Growlie (though my friend actually named it that), and if I see the same spiders in/around my apartment they get names. Only current one is Scuttles. Back at mom's house a million years ago there was a loose dog my brother and I met one day which we called Lord Fluffy.

Back