• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn's Hairstyle?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    This may seem like a really wierd question, but how do you do Dawn's hairstyle in real life? It looks pretty cool on the TV show, and I was just wondering if anyone had tried to replicate it...lol =]

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Someone on pocketmonsters imageboard posted a picture on how to do Hikari's hairstyle. Though it is in Japanese, the picture is speaking for itself.

Dawn's Hairstyle?

Years
    Dear God, it's a fishtail ponytail split three ways. That said, her hair seems to have high volume, so you'd need a good conditioner first.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    So, you kind of pull the top half of the hair into a ponytail
    Split into 3
    Put the side bits infront your ear and clip them

So you'd need quite thick hair for 3 parts, then. I could probably do that, but my hair would have to be a bit longer because when I try moving it around my ears, it's just poking my eyes XD You'd probably need your hair a few inches below your shoulders. That's a cute picture, so I'm saving XD

I'd like to see someone attempt May's o.O That would look crazy.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    i think someone could easily pull off that hairstyle in real life(it looks a whole lot more normal than haruka's)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    However, not sure of it's in the show but Hikari's ponytail seems to be a bit longer than her hair. Unless she did that ever so common multi-length hairstyle common among some anime characters, I find her hair illogical

As for complex hairstyles, how about Clair's or Natane's
    I actually drew a few theoretical diagrams on Natane's hair. Three diagrams describe three ways Natane's hair could work logically.
    1. Fiber helmet
    2. She died her hair black and put lots of volumizer in the back ( a LOT of volumizer). This belief is very popular but I dont think it's the right one
    3. She wears a black headband and puts her hair into a ponytail. Then she stuffs some sort of football shaped object underneath her ponytail, then she puts the back part of the headband (which is very stiff). However, her hair would have to be mighty thick. And I honestly think this is the way her hair works.

Good thread, I may actually become more active if these threads start popping up again.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    After checking a few episodes, Hikari's ponytail seems to be just as long as her hair, perhaps a few inches longer.

Dawn's Hairstyle?

As for imposible hairstyles, I think Marina's or Kenta's hairstyle would pretty much fit that category too.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    If someone tried to do Fantina's hairstyle, i think the universe would break do to the massive stress on the laws of physics.

Years
    If someone tried to do Fantina's hairstyle, i think the universe would break do to the massive stress on the laws of physics.

Her hair is an X, so what do you expect? With hairpins and really good gel, I think her hairstyle could be feasible.

Now, Marina's anti-gravity pigtails, that's another story.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    I've actually know a few people who have her hairstyle except with a little less detail. But I wouldn't know that much since I'm not a girl but is it hard trying to do that knot at the back? I would think it is. Anyways, imagine someone trying to get Winona's herstyle. I know she's got her hat but it'll still be hard to pull off.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    i think someone could easily pull off that hairstyle in real life(it looks a whole lot more normal than haruka's)

2 ways for that. either way, your hair has to be to your shoulders. Or perhaps just above it.

1. put on a bandanna the same way May does, then use some big pins (not those common 1-1/2inch pins, but the kind that are like 2-1/2-3+inches) though your hair should be TOO thick or it'd never hold up :p

Though, It seems May just does no2

2. CUT your hair into that style. (much simpler, but it's crazy-looking)

simple as pie.

Back