• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn's Piplup: Why hasn't it evolved yet?

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I understand that Dawn dedicates her Pokemon training for contests, so her Pokemon might not grow stronger that fast. However, Dawn has had Piplup since the first season of the Diamond & Pearl series. Why hasn't it evolved yet? Dawn's Swinub is already a Mamoswine. Same goes for Buneary, actually. It hasn't evolved yet either. I guess Dawn doesn't spend too much time raising them. What do you think?

Dixie

But I'm Rory?!
    Years
    Well, the reason for that is because Piplup refused to evolve. There was an episode dedicated to Piplup's evolution and his resistence towards it. He eventually took a stone which stopped him evolving for good.

joacen

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I see. I didn't know Piplup refused to evolve. I don't think I saw that episode.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Because its holding an Everstone? lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Piplup, as said, refused to evolve and got an Everstone so that's why it didn't evolve.

I believe Buneary hasn't evolved because it has a role as liking Ash's Pikachu which would be weird if it turned into a Lopunny. It's also a sort of Dawn's icon Pokemon, or at least in my opinion it is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    Well it refused to but still took a long time for it to be able to evolve the reason for that who knows?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Well,piplup looks a lot cuter then its evolved forms so since dawn's a cord its a great choice for her and piplup.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well, Pipulp's not the only one of Dawn's Pokemon that hasn't evolved. Why? Cuz they don't want to???

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    it cant evolve because dawn is a ***** who cant battle so she competes in what i call "Poke-lite" and dosn't battle ever cos she is stupid
    cased closed

Explain Swinub's evoltions into Mamosine then :P

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    With Kenny and Barry already having evolved forms of Piplup... do we really want 3 Prinplups/Empoleons running around?

But yeah, Piplup's holding an Everstone. This is also discussed in the episode:
    "Stopped in the Name of Love".

joacen

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Is this really a serious question? Dawn's Piplup hasn't evolve becoz it's holding an everstone

I started this discussion because I hadn't seen the episode where Piplup refused to evolve. Now I know, and the fact that Piplup is holding an everstone has already been established.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    they have done this since the first season, ash got squirtle before charmander and yet charmander evolved twice while squirtle hasn't evolved yet.

Back