• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Day and night fixed??

Do you tinks its possible

• yes and i would love that

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • no and i dnt care anyways

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
  • they just need to make the transition so you can see the sky slowly get brighter or darker

exactly what i mean its just that the all of a sudden night annoys me especially when im ev training

they just need to make the transition so you can see the sky slowly get brighter or darker

Let's scrap Cut and give us a machete.
    Let's scrap Rock Smash and get martial arts lessons.
    Let's scrap Rock Climb and get abseiling gear.
    Let's scrap Dive and get scuba gear.
    Let's scrap Surf and get a boat.
    Let's scrap Strength and get bulk up for players.
    Let's scrap Fly and get a private jet.
    Let's scrap Defog and get a really, really big fan.
    Let's scrap Whirlpool and get a big...turbine.
    Let's scrap Waterfall and...nevermind, keep Waterfall.

Sorry, but it don't work that way.

Epic just epic. I wouldnt give up hms some of them are actually good

its rather pointless, it shouldnt bug you unless your one of those people who are like:

"OMFG why it that sprite slightly crooked!" (cuz its supposed to be)
    or
    "OMFG! why is wailord only 2spaces big in HG/SS" (cuz if it was the real size you couldnt play)
    or
    "OMFG! why cant you go down a waterfall without the HM!?" <-- even tho i will admit that does urk me every once in awhile lol

its a small minor thing thats completely unimportant, its not like you freak out if your indoors you look at the window its sunny, dont look at the window then walk outside and its night time, if you do sadly you need help O.o"

I know its a tiny detail but tiny by tiny by tiny detail make a bugged or annying game thats what i mean

Last edited:

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • Let's scrap Cut and give us a machete.
    Let's scrap Rock Smash and get martial arts lessons.
    Let's scrap Rock Climb and get abseiling gear.
    Let's scrap Dive and get scuba gear.
    Let's scrap Surf and get a boat.
    Let's scrap Strength and get bulk up for players.
    Let's scrap Fly and get a private jet.
    Let's scrap Defog and get a really, really big fan.
    Let's scrap Whirlpool and get a big...turbine.
    Let's scrap Waterfall and...nevermind, keep Waterfall.

Sorry, but it don't work that way.

Some of those are very impractical though. It would actually make more sense to use a torch than waste a move slot. Heck, I have a Charmander following me around, why doesn't the flame on his tail work as a torch. You can't defend broken mechanics.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • "OMFG why it that sprite slightly crooked!" (cuz its supposed to be)
    or
    "OMFG! why is wailord only 2spaces big in HG/SS" (cuz if it was the real size you couldnt play)
    or
    "OMFG! why cant you go down a waterfall without the HM!?" <-- even tho i will admit that does urk me every once in awhile lol
    if you didn't have waterfall, then you would just fall off the edge. Waterfall lets you slowly down.

I really don't worry about these small details. When people say pokemon is **** because of dumb small things like wailord is too small, i feel like smacking them over the head.
    It doesn't ruin the game until somebody points it out.

Azure-Supernova

Years
  • if you didn't have waterfall, then you would just fall off the edge. Waterfall lets you slowly down.

I really don't worry about these small details. When people say pokemon is **** because of dumb small things like wailord is too small, i feel like smacking them over the head.

And a fly doesn't ruin your soup if you don't notice it... but everyone has different gripes when it comes to games. For some it's the game play, for others the story and yes, there are even people who love everything but get bugged by the graphics.

locoroco

Years
  • if you didn't have waterfall, then you would just fall off the edge. Waterfall lets you slowly down.

i dnt think pokemon is **** for those things but it would be better if they fixed them. i dnt think wailord is to small he's alright covering half of my screen XD.

And a fly doesn't ruin your soup if you don't notice it... but everyone has different gripes when it comes to games. For some it's the game play, for others the story and yes, there are even people who love everything but get bugged by the graphics.

for me its everything i dnt mind much the graphics (though i love the 3d graphics in b&w) but it bugs me a lil you know.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Eh... there's a target audience here, mainly children, who don't really pay that close attention to graphics. I mean Red and Blue weren't the best with graphics, and some things were inconsistent. But they're still adored by a large part of the Pokemon fanbase. I don't think the day/night discrepancies will be so significant... however due to the graphical quality of B&W I don't think the developers will overlook it this time.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • HAHA! I've always wanted to scrap HMs altogether. I hate wasting moveslots with them :P Or at least, make them easily delete-able.

Hey, look at me! I'm complaining about HMs despite the fact that less than half of them are completely worthless because complaining about HMs is the cool thing to do.

Will people stop complaining about HMs? The only worthless ones are Cut, Rock Smash, and Defog, and even then, they have their uses. The former two especially on Technician pokemon.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I personally don't see them recognizing this as a huge problem, therefore I don't see them fixing it. It's a minor annoyance at best, and while I would like to see it happen it isn't of great importance to me. Most of the time I don't even notice because I pick up my game once or twice during the day and again at night.

locoroco

Years
  • Hey, look at me! I'm complaining about HMs despite the fact that less than half of them are completely worthless because complaining about HMs is the cool thing to do.

Will people stop complaining about HMs? The only worthless ones are Cut, Rock Smash, and Defog, and even then, they have their uses. The former two especially on Technician pokemon.

You are so right, we should stop complaining on HMs. I actually think that all HMs are usefull (yes even defog).

I personally don't see them recognizing this as a huge problem, therefore I don't see them fixing it. It's a minor annoyance at best, and while I would like to see it happen it isn't of great importance to me. Most of the time I don't even notice because I pick up my game once or twice during the day and again at night.

Well since my game is always on i do notice it it would be better if they would fix it ya know.

locoroco

Years
  • Sure. I would love that! The more smooth the game running, The more people would like it too! Cause I think it'll be a little more realistic.

Awesome some1 that thinks the same WOOT!.

Speaking on visual blemishes, I'm surprised nobody's pointed out the ugly border in HGSS/DPt when the player is in the over world (silly DP map engine). Now THAT needs a fix in BW.

I know i have noticed that. Also theres a prob with the cries of the pokemon some of them lag when you go shifting through pokemon some of them have different periods of lag, they take a lil to start the cry. Is it that its not well generated or sumthin??

Azure-Supernova

Years
  • Hey, look at me! I'm complaining about HMs despite the fact that less than half of them are completely worthless because complaining about HMs is the cool thing to do.

This is an ignorant and pretentious generalization; right up there with "Take off those nostalgia goggles". I genuinely dislike HM's, I doubt any number of people will simply agree because 'complaining about HMs is the cool thing to do'.

And this is a personal opinion. People play games for different reasons, obviously. Some people play Pokémon for the competative scene because they enjoy the metagame; others play simply because they're loyal Pokémon fans. Personally? I play Pokémon for the latter, also because it has a lot of role playing potential.

Creating an immersive world is the key component to any RPG. Having to switch out a HM slave to cut down a tree breaks immersion, especially considering I could have easily slid between a gap or have my Nidoking Slash it down. I'm not talking about removing them as moves, but removing their out-of-battle function.

Smoothing out the day to night transitions would add immersion; not to mention it wouldn't hurt by making it a generally prettier game.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Honestly, I really don't care about the day-night transitions. As long as they have the time system I'm perfectly fine.

~Prof. W.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I don't really have a problem with the current day and night system but I suppose I wouldn't complain if they were to make the transitions a bit smoother :P

Back