• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Day Five] - What Lessons have you learned?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    [Day Five] - What Lessons have you learned?

When you think about the Red, Blue, and Yellow games, and hey -- let's throw in LeafGreen and Fire Red, what lessons would you say you've learned upon playing these games? Maybe you've played these games as your first pokemon game, and you've learned how to battle? Perhaps you learned a bit about yourself and your tastes? Is there anything that comes to mind? Feel free to share?​

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    When it came to Generation 1, I learned how "incomplete" the game turned out to be. Exploits, Bugs and Type match-ups that didn't even work properly(Ghost vs. Psychic). Furthermore, just how weak Bug Types were(and hence the dominance of Psychic Types). That's why Generation 2 is widely regarded as the "complete" game the first Generation was meant to be.

I also discovered my favorite Pokemon as well as my favorite typing(Ice). Ironic how my favorite Pokemon(Vulpix) is the complete opposite to the typing I've come to like(until Generation VII came along that is).

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    Probably that glitches are fun, and that playing with fire lizards is fun. No seriously, it is hard to play a.game without glitches.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That if I want to take over the world, I need to be most wary of children

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    That Grass beats Water, Water beats Fire, and Fire beats Grass. :P

Okay well, as a kid I was always far more invested in 3D games and found it really difficult to get into the 2D ones. Pok?mon Blue, on the other hand, taught me how engaging they can be (even if I only played a small amount), and was what propelled me into Pok?mon!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    I learned to never underestimate the power of hard work and determination.

Years
    I learned how fun the world of Pokémon is. Red started me off with the series.

I also learned that Nidoking is a great choice for lazy trainers like me.

Back