• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day/Night System by AndryAndrew & HackLars - Version 1.1.0 released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    For some reason it won't work for me. I choose the colours and locations, put it in as dynamic and no errors, but when I open the ROM it's just normal. I've noticed that on the time thing there's an OK box, but it crashes whenever I click it. Is that the problem?
    You set up the options "enable RTC" in VBA's settings?

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
  • Ok, I really want the program, I dled it twice and they check out as far as size integrity, but when i run it it says:

Code:
    Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have an x86_64 architecture, I copied MSCOMCTL.OCX (from majorgeeks.com) to my system, system32, and sysWOW64 folders, then I went to run -> REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX, I also used REGSVR32 \windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX, \windows\system\MSCOMCTL.OCX, and \windows\sysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX all three of the latter got me an error of:

Code:
    The module was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c

The first without the full path landed me here:

Code:
    The module may not be compatible with the version of windows you' re running.
    Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsrv32.exe

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

HackLars said something about a dll or ocx but it wasnt the one i was concerned with.

try using the Command prompt to register it.
    Oh and when using vista you are gonna want to run the CMD prompt with Admin Rights.
    I forgot what the command to register is, but i have done it before.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • Wow. This is really promising :D At first, the colours didn't stick to me. In fact, they didn't seem realistic at all. It was too yellow, too red... But once you think about it, It's perfectly set with the pokemon theme... I'll be waiting for the emerald version and the bug fixes! Good luck on this! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    At first, the colours didn't stick to me. In fact, they didn't seem realistic at all. It was too yellow, too red...
    you can set the color tone...

we are working on all the ruby and sapphire version, then we will work on emerald and then firered and leafgreen

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    yes, but before make the routine for FR/LG we must reproduce the RTC chip and it will be very difficult :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Hey again.
    I just wanted to point out that when you change weather, for example, to rain, the rain droplets still stay the same bright blue color even if it's night or morning.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Umm, I kinda had a problem... I tried changing the times that were day and night, and they kept resetting to the default as soon as I typed it in...
    (For instance, I wanted night to start at 8pm, which is 20, but when I tried typing it in, it automatically replaced my 20 with 19...)
    I was using RUBY [USA] (forgot the region codes)

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
  • Well, this seems awesome. I may have to test this out. It's a shame that it's not compatable with FireRed and LeafGreen yet. :D

Is it compatable with Emerald, though?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    We are working on Emerald, but the emerald clock is different, so i don't know if we will make it for emerald, i wish yes.
    This is the Official Video

Official Video - YouTube

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Umm, I kinda had a problem... I tried changing the times that were day and night, and they kept resetting to the default as soon as I typed it in...
    (For instance, I wanted night to start at 8pm, which is 20, but when I tried typing it in, it automatically replaced my 20 with 19...)
    I was using RUBY [USA] (forgot the region codes)
    there are restrictions about tha range of hours... Night can't start before 0.00

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • I appreciate this one as far as the implementation of the color-channel-change is concerned. But I would be interested in the devkit you used to build the recoding routine - and you definitely used one every hacker who has at least a little bit of ASM knowledge can confirm that due to this horrible machine-coding-style. (NOP?!? cmp rX, LR??? c'mon!!!) And I wanted to say that I'm not very happy about the fact that my name is listed for the "idea" - the big unsolved problem of palette changes was that they weren't constant and disappeared as soon as some new objects were loaded to the gfx-ram. However I solved this problem and HackLars asked me to toll him the "secret" of makin' palette changes permanent. Since DAN wasn't released, I refused to tell him anything. And now that I posted my tool they analyzed what it did (I know why I encrypted the main routine) and used "my idea" (ah yes that's what I'm credited for XD ) of calling the D/N-handler. If you want some other proof that they don't really know what they do: All the dynamically loaded parts like the grass animation aren't affected by their palette change besides that the effect isn't "real time", meaning the daytime switches as soon as you change the map...

As I mentioned before, I like how you realized the Day/Night-System, it is at least a very neat first try, but please don't claim having it built all alone and pls don't mess around with some ARM/GCC compilers. ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    Ahahahah, this is absurd!
    My (and AndryAndrew's) routine have 4 part of day and your routine have only 2 (day and night).
    With our tool you can choose the blue's, green's and red's tonality of all the 4 part of the day and with your (filled bugs) tool you can choose only wich tonality halve...
    Yes, now our routine have somes bugs, but there are very good and very cool :D

p.s.: we use goldroad compilator (Asm Thumb)

Last edited:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I appreciate this one as far as the implementation of the color-channel-change is concerned. But I would be interested in the devkit you used to build the recoding routine - and you definitely used one every hacker who has at least a little bit of ASM knowledge can confirm that due to this horrible machine-coding-style. (NOP?!? cmp rX, LR??? c'mon!!!) And I wanted to say that I'm not very happy about the fact that my name is listed for the "idea" - the big unsolved problem of palette changes was that they weren't constant and disappeared as soon as some new objects were loaded to the gfx-ram. However I solved this problem and HackLars asked me to toll him the "secret" of makin' palette changes permanent. Since DAN wasn't released, I refused to tell him anything. And now that I posted my tool they analyzed what it did (I know why I encrypted the main routine) and used "my idea" (ah yes that's what I'm credited for XD ) of calling the D/N-handler. If you want some other proof that they don't really know what they do: All the dynamically loaded parts like the grass animation aren't affected by their palette change besides that the effect isn't "real time", meaning the daytime switches as soon as you change the map...

As I mentioned before, I like how you realized the Day/Night-System, it is at least a very neat first try, but please don't claim having it built all alone and pls don't mess around with some ARM/GCC compilers. ^^
    So...
    1- We realized our routine WITHOUT any other help. THE ONLY help came from hackMew, that told me a little thing about colors in GBA.
    2- We used Goldroad as THUMB compiler; it's simply to use and it generate some nop to separate the blocks of the routine in the source code.
    3- cmp rX, lr is a way to recognize which of the game the routine is called from (they are three, i preferred to make only a routine for all)
    4- We don't know how your routine is made, absolutely. But we have some ideas about it, because it work in a similar way of a routine that we made PRECEDENTLY your release of the routine. Hack Mew can confirm that we start to work at least a month before your release.
    5- Our routine loads and modifies palettes when the game loads the map. The problem of grass and sand hasn't solved since now, but in this way we can select that only map and overworlds' palettes are changed (not msgboxes and others item). Also only map change, and not player status screen or pokedex view.
    6- We aren't interested in any type of "privacy" or screen marking a game that our routine is used. Your starting splash screen is, in my opinion, quiet intrusive. For the same reason, we don't encrypted our routine: we haven't any fear that someone else can copy our routine.

In conclusion, the routine work well and we hope we will solve the bug of grass in future.
    P.S. I don't understand the reason of your rage against our compiler and it's "horrible machine-code style"... It works well, a few instructions more make no difference. But over all, what do you care?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back