• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day of Silence

Support?

• Total voters

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, I get that. My question is what is being silent going to do?

*slaps forehead*

The purpose of this, is to show or emulate the ignorance some people place towards the LGBT community. That being persecuted disallows them from having a voice in the matter...

It's a silent protest, not a movement to change things politically... voice is needed for that.

Years
  • What is this thread about again? Lost track awhile ago. Is there an argument going on?

EDIT: SILENT PROTEST? Why don't they just stop talking to those who oppose homosexuals and others in general?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • *slaps forehead*

The purpose of this, is to show or emulate the ignorance some people place towards the LGBT community. That being persecuted disallows them from having a voice in the matter...

It's a silent protest, not a movement to change things politically... voice is needed for that.
    Yeah, so tell me why we have a day of silence for the gays, transexuals, etc? They're no different to anyone else, really. They just like the same gender as themselves. I think it's bad we have a day of silence for them because hell, you're like pushing them from the rest of the population and giving them a 'special day' where everyone is silent for them. Just treat them equally and everything will be fine.

Again, I love gays. This is not by any means a gay bashing post.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    While it is nice to know you have accepted LGBTs and such, there are still those who persecute them, even countries with less rights (of course), thus, this is like a demonstration of essentially what it feels like to be voiceless. It's like the same reason why it is hard for them to come out. Saying "Well then just come out, you shouldn't have to fear it." is not enough.

Back