• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daycare YAY or NAY

Daycare Yay or Nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Ah, the daycare.

I like it. That's how I get my eggs for my new Pearl files. \o/

And that's where my Infernape goes when I don't have the time to train him.

Detox

Uber nay, because if they delete a move my pokemon only learns one or is a special move....lets just say they will be out of business forever

......oh,I forgot,not really useless since I have to use it to breed.......................................................

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    When using to level up,they forget some awsome moves for suckish ones,though the eggs are great.

Years
  • I hate the day care center because it takes the fun out of raising pokemon and it gets rid of a lot of good moves i only ever use the day care center for breeding so i gave it a no

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Using them for the purpous of leveling is a flat no, but to get any good pokemon, they're absolutely essential for breeding. So I voted yay.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Completely essential for breeding especially since that is my specialty...

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
  • Yay, because you can get awesome Pokemon through breeding! Like a Chimchar with ThunderPunch! (I have a thousand of these.)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I do like the Daycare, because they can make Pokemon Eggs for you. I don't like the fact they mess up the moves of your pokemon and that the woman never seems to be in a good mood, she always says "fine".

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • I get a ditto and just throw it in...

I use it for breeding and do get annoyed if they delete my move but i reorder the moves so if the do forget one i can just make it remember it...

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if in 5th gen or Platnium the daycare gave you a call for a new move?

Years
  • The breeding advantage is obvious.

I hear a lot of people say that its useless for levelling up - but I disagree. If you level up pokemon using daycare they recieve no EVs. This makes it much easier to calculate their IVs. If you try to calculat the IVs of anewly hatched level 1 or level 5 pokemon, its usually highly inaccurate because the stats are so low. Leave it in daycare, and its stats are so high that you can make a more accurate calculation. Thus, it makes it easier to find the highest IV pokemon for breeding purposes.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
  • lol, i just leave two pokemon in it that have a good evolved form, because im too damn lazy to train it myself :)

definate yay

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I pretty much just go to the Daycare to sit around and catch butterflies and sell them to that friendly Seel down the road. He pays a pretty penny for each one, he does. Once he gave me a handful of rupees.

Back