• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DBZ Live action?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I wish I could say I can't wait because it looks so good but.. <_<

I can't wait for it just on account of how bad it'll be. Crappy movies taking themselves serious is hilarious.

Last I heard/saw, Piccolo wasn't even green. :(

Years
    Heh ANIMORPHS!!!

Animorphs books > TV show

O_O Somebody knowz Animorphs! ZOMG I was so into it that right now I believe that some people here in PC have been taken over by the Yeerks >_> <_< *shh...they're watching*

Anywayz...I believe that this will be a dud...like Mahago (Speed Racer) I might still want to watch it for laughs. But to be frank the First season Dragonball was a lot more entertaining and emotional than the overtly fighting/action filled DBZ. (Still exciting nevertheless. =P)

Last edited:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I wish I could say I can't wait because it looks so good but.. <_<

I can't wait for it just on account of how bad it'll be. Crappy movies taking themselves serious is hilarious.

Last I heard/saw, Piccolo wasn't even green. :(
    He is green, But it takes him time. Like in the Beginning he isnt green till like Goku fights him.

*Face Palm @ the creator of this film* totally ruining this amazing anime, with this stupid Live action film. instead they should give us DB Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return instead.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    This will be a complete ruin of my childhood. Dragonball Z is what introduced me to anime, so don't take away the one pure thing left in this world. Damn you money hungry fiends!

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    there's no real point in watching it, you're probably better off not watching it and not seeing your eyes vomit :(

Yeah, i know that will happen, but i so want to watch it, him really a big fan, if the film really sucks, i don't care... the anime will continue to be a blast :D

Ryusheika

Hero of Time
    Years
    I've seen the trailer for the movie, and I can honestly say that I'm disgusted with Fox's efforts to try and make this movie. NO ANIME IS WORTH REMAKING INTO A REAL LIFE MOVIE! NONE!

The reason I say this is because I'm still a huge fan of the series, even if they did crappy-voice acting in the dubbed versions. I've seen every single episode from the start of Dragonball all the way to the end of Dragonball GT, and all of them were good, and I hate to see the series mocked by 20th Century Fox through a crappy-real life remake of a movie that has no relevance to ANY of the storylines in Dragonball, DBZ, or DBGT. If it get's a rating of anything above a 5, I will seriously be shocked.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The more I thought about this movie, the more I am thinking it is probably won't be that bad. Of course it is going to tank in the box office, but who knows. Maybe it will be decent. And Piccolo is green at the end. I wish they should of shown that in the trailer. ._.;

And I think it is pretty hard to imitate a anime action/adventure series to live action. I know everyone wishes that it can be like the anime, but I don't think it can be possible.

Well I might see the stats of the movie to see if it did well or not. XD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My personal opinion of the movie is that it SUCKS

Bulma has long black hair not blue, Piccolo looks freakin wierd, and on top of that I just dont understand the story line.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I don't really mind the aesthetic changes like hair color and junk, as long as they retain their original personalities, I'll be fine. The only thing that has me a little worried is that taking Goku out of solitude and putting him into a social setting might clash with the naivety of his character in the early changes. And I don't really mind things like Piccolo not being green since this is supposed to be Daimaou, isn't it? That guy started off as an old man who did look more gray than green.
    The more I thought about this movie, the more I am thinking it is probably won't be that bad. Of course it is going to tank in the box office, but who knows.
    A sci-fi action flick with decent CGI...why do people think it's going to tank? It probably won't do super amazingly well, but I wouldn't expect it to do as badly as the Speed Racer movie did, which still annoys me since that movie shows how to do a great anime to live action transition. I mean, it may not be the most faithful adaptation, but the mass public really doesn't know the DB/Z story other than "guys with weird hair who fight and scream a lot". Though I will be really interested to see how it does in Japan since the entire franchise a part of pop culture over there.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I don't really mind the aesthetic changes like hair color and junk, as long as they retain their original personalities, I'll be fine. The only thing that has me a little worried is that taking Goku out of solitude and putting him into a social setting might clash with the naivety of his character in the early changes. And I don't really mind things like Piccolo not being green since this is supposed to be Daimaou, isn't it? That guy started off as an old man who did look more gray than green.

A sci-fi action flick with decent CGI...why do people think it's going to tank? It probably won't do super amazingly well, but I wouldn't expect it to do as badly as the Speed Racer movie did, which still annoys me since that movie shows how to do a great anime to live action transition. I mean, it may not be the most faithful adaptation, but the mass public really doesn't know the DB/Z story other than "guys with weird hair who fight and scream a lot". Though I will be really interested to see how it does in Japan since the entire franchise a part of pop culture over there.

Yeah I really don't mind that stuff either. As long they get the personalities, it won't bother me at all. Ah...I didn't know about Daimaou. That is a good point. Yeah I didn't watch a whole lot of episodes of the anime. So I am clueless on that.

Well I was thinking that in a fan's prospective it will tank. But like you said it won't do super amazingly well. But at least it will do better than some other movies, like Speed Racer. I heard that movie wasn't that good. I think they put too much CGI and not enough dialogue from the anime. Yeah that is true, the mass public really doesn't know about the anime. So maybe it might have a chance. Whoa, I want to know if it will do well in Japan as well. =O

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why!?!?! Why?!?!?! I knew it but even then it's still surprising how messed up this will turn out to be....!!!!!!

I knew it was going to be differnt due to the format being live action but... If they cut out the dragonballs and charcter names, this movie wouldn't look reminiscent to DBZ what so ever.

You know, i'm just gonna ignore this and keep playing Persona 4.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I don't get the big deal. My only issue is Piccolo. Justin Chatwin is actually a pretty good actor and you aren't going to find someone that can pull off a REAL Goku because--that's impossible.

Back